Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two/ Encounter With Bium  (Read 22817 times)
Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2001, 08:25:22 PM »

I quickly understand that Talias animal is something i do not know. But I take her hand and the ropes, and climb up, nearly falling. "I am not the best rider in this land!" I say to Talia. But i hope ill survive this journey anyway.."

Nor good nor evil can exist alone. Only in balance the world is maintained.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2001, 02:03:22 AM »

As I ride I slow my horse down. I talk to him. "I think I'll call you NightStar." He shakes his head no. "You don't like NightStar? Well then how about Midnight?" He vigoursly shakes his head no. "Hmm... How about Collossus?" He shakes his head yes. Good then Collossus it is. "We had better slow down and wait for the others to catch up. You know I wonder if they all had horses. Stupid of me not to ask. I just assumed. And in my buisness assuming things is not wise. What do you think, Collossus? Shall we turn back and see if anyone needs a ride?"

I look up into the already rising sun. The sun has already risen and we have a long way to go. But it would do us no good if the whole party wasn't there. "I guess we better turn back," I say to Collossus. He agrees, turns around and we head back to the Thirsty Herald. I'm hoping that everyone has a ride and that we all just meet. In the meantime I will write to my Master and update him on all that has happened. I take out my ledger and begin to write. Collossus slows down to a walk, almost instinctively knowing that he needed to do so. I pat his mane. "You are going to be a good companion. I am glad I bought you."  He shakes his head up and down agreeing with me. I laugh and continue writing. Seeing in the distance riders coming toward me.  

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2001, 06:03:22 AM »

As I wait suddenly Talia appears coming from the Thirsty Herald with her Aj. I agree on following the others. As we want to start suddenly Silfer runs around a corner as well. Soóravásh nearly breaks out  when Silfer suddenly appears before her and I need a good amount of effort to calm her down.

"Hey, did they forget you either?" I ask Silfer.

"What's wrong with Capher today? Running around like a headless chicken and then storming out of the house!" giving it a second thought "Sounds like trouble, don't you think?"

When Silfer has climbed Talia's Aj rather unsure what to expect from this animal Talia asks wether if we are ready.

"Yes, I think so, but we should make a race out of it. I fear, Silfer, this journey won't be very funny when you're not used to riding."
I grin and give Talia a twinkle.
"Let's go!" I shout and release Soóravásh which immediately starts to gallop away in fast pace as if she had waited for this moment. "Perhaps I'll have a new story for you Talia, when you catch up!"

I wave my hand and head away on the road to Strata.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 12/16/01 3:01:42 pm
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2001, 12:25:22 PM »

„Hey!“ Talia shouts, a bit angrily with herself, Koldar got her by surprise and gallopped away saying she would get a story if she  catches up. Normally an Aj‘nuvic is faster as an horse (at least Talia is convinced of that) and she should have no troubles to catch up with Koldar, but with Silfer who seems not to be the most experienced rider things are different.
Talia seizes Silfer around the waist to hold him savely on the back of Swing and then shouts at Swing with a high voice: „Ajjjjjjjjjj!“ And Swing starts running as well. She lowers her neck so that it is nearly the same height as her body,but with two riders on her back that doesn‘t help improve to lower the wind resistency. So it takes time till they catch up with Koldar and Talia is not sure if Koldars horse really gives its best.

„Hey Koldar! We have to do a race under just conditions! Not now when poor Silfer is our guest!“
she says laughing .“I think Silfer would appreciate it if we would choose a slower pace,don‘t you Silfer? Or did you enjoy our ride? And this way Koldar can finally tell a story!“

But before Koldar can agree on telling a story they see, passing the next height of a dune, an incredible view : A single person  walking in the Rahaz Dath in the direction of Strata, but Strata is a days journey away for a horse. And Injara is about to rise and promises another hot day. Another quick ride (Talia tries to be the first this time) brings them to this...well, fool or wise man? Coming nearer Talia sees a middleaged man with dark blond hair, wearing  a large green cloak with a red edge near the ground and  heavy wornout leatherboots. A common belt holds his cloak round his waist, a swords hangs on his left side.
Talia gives Swing a sign to stop, pulls  Silfer  slightly to one side to have a better look at  this curiosity and asks the travellor after a short inspection:

„Greetings travellor, nice time to walk through the desert?“

"Don't be pushed by your problems.  Be led by your dreams."

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2001, 02:29:22 PM »

Avour turns her attention away from the Capher for a moment thinking about how she got here all alone, what would have possessed her to travel through the sand? Shrugging she turns about to ask Capher another question and notices that he is gone. Quickly she turns her horse about and can’t see him anywhere.

“Cap-her friend gone!” she says a little unsure of herself. “Where Cap-her friend go?” She looks about the place sadly and then looks at the ground at his tracks. “Avour alone for some time. How not notice?!” She says, then  follows her tracks back towards where she sees Capher’s horse turn about and go back in the direction that they came from.

“Friends no want Avour!” She utters. “Avour do nothing wrong!” She tries to think of why she’s been left alone. “Then Avour no want friends!” Jumping off her horse she grabs him about the neck and cuddles him for comfort.

“Witflar only friend now!” She continues to hug her horse and pat his neck. Thinking of what she is to do now.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Bium
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2001, 02:43:22 PM »

After leaving the tavern Bium wonders mindlessly about the area looking for his lost love mate. Having no idea where he is, he continues to walk until his bare feet can take him no more. Feeling hungry and alone again he sits on the ground listening to his stomach growling as the sunsets. He falls asleep sitting up.

Waking up the next morning under the sun lying down with a sore head, unable to realize that he’d fallen over during his sleep and hit his head. Bium stands up and starts to think of nothing but food again. Scratching his head he starts to walk in no particular direction in search of some food.

Shortly after giving up with his feet hurting him again he sit down and sulks.

Bium

He's big and he's dumb - It's big dumb Bium!
"Umm, Fee Fi Fo..... Fum???"Character Description

Awyon Blackblade
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2001, 08:20:22 PM »

The night before, Almenda and Awyon had camped beside a rock. After they had eaten and Pooky had drunk a little, they took the night. Suddenly Awyon woke up. The ground shaked and he heard this anoying sound, just like someone sawing in a tree. Awyon didn`t want to get up and investigate so he just tryed to sleep again.

The next day they were off riding towards Strata again. Pooky in the backpack and Almenda on the back of the horse.

The ears to the little dragon waves in the wind, "Pooky like riding", he says and turns to Almenda. Suddenly Awyon stops, "what is that", he says and point on a big lump that lies on the ground. "And for a smell".

If you watch your back,death is to meet in your front.

Edited by: Awyon Blackblade at: 12/16/01 11:23:08 am
Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2001, 08:31:22 PM »

When i finally got up on Swing, then Koldar appeared and challanget Talia for a race. She let Swing run as well, and the speed got high up. I nearly fall off, trying to grab anything. They are good riders, but if they gonna keep it on like that, then ill rather walk! I think for myself.

When we reach Koldar, Talia asks how i had it under the ride. "No, please chase eachother when i am off this animal, or i will fall off soon! You may be good riders, but please save me fast riding until its nessesarry.."

Nor good nor evil can exist alone. Only in balance the world is maintained.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2001, 01:47:22 AM »

As we head back to the Thirsty Herald, it dawned on me that Avour wasn't with me. "I am really losing it." I say to myself. First I forget to ask if everyone has a ride and now I forget Avour. "Collossus turn around and lets go get Avour." Collossus turns and starts galloping like the wind. Within moments I see Avour standing next to her horse hugging its neck. "Avour, I am so sorry. Please forgive me." I say as I get closer to her. "I did not mean to forget you. I must be becoming forgetful in my old age. When we were riding I recalled that I did not ask if everyone had a horse or not. Especially your half-kin, Silfer, and Koldar. I turned around to see if they needed a ride and just assumed you would follow. I should know better, than to assume. Shall we go and see if any of our friends need a ride?"  I ask her.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2001, 02:24:22 AM »

Terra meets up with Avour, looking forlorn, and Capher, as he asks if they should go back to see to the others. "We are going back for the others?", Terra asks cooly, as she brings horse to a hault.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2001, 02:34:22 AM »

“Cap-her friend like Avour then?” Avour looks at Capher with puppy dog eyes, then looks at Terra who had also caught up with Avour. “How about Avour wait here for Cap-her friend to find self and then continue. Not get anywhere traveling back and forth again and over!” Avour states walking around the front of her horse and hops back on.

“Avour happy to do as Cap-her friend says. Avour think that someone wait here for Talia friend and Kol-dar Friend incase they come while Cap-her friend gone!” Avour looks at Terra and then Capher. Her face without a smile, although the smile lines etched in giving her a smiling impression anyway.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2001, 04:38:22 AM »

When Talia catches up emntioning something about a just race I decrease the pace and laugh out loud.

"I'm not foolish enough to start a just race against a Aj in the midst of the desert!"

I look at Silfer smiling even broader. "You look quite unhappy, Silfer. I'm sorry if the race was not exciting for you." I blink at him. "Maybe we make it even wilder next time with obstacles to overcome and such."
I again laugh. "Silfer, it might get neccessary earlier than you like. But you're right. Let's save the energy for the time we're really in a hurry. No need to make your first riding day in this journey worse than neccessary."

While I talk with Silfer Talia watches the horizon and suddenly increases pace again. Puzzled I watch the horizon as well and suddenly recognize a figure walking alone along the way. 'On foot through the desert. Alone?'

I quickly follow Talia and reach the man shortly after her. Riding on the other side of the man than Talia 'Not very polite but you should take no risks either.' I add:
"Nice time, indeed, but there's never a nice time to walk through the desert alone. May we accompany you for a short while, stranger?"

I ask politely riding by his side eyeing curiously.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Gean Firefeet
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2001, 06:16:22 AM »

OOC Oh yes, we hadn't met... I've forgotten that. But Capher must have mentioned you Kolder, I do recognise you, though the name somehow got stuck wrong :)  *grin* /OOC

The horizon wasn't further away than he thought indeed, but there was nothing like a good desert walk in the morning, especially because it wasn't that hot yet. Gean continued his walk at a steady pace when he heard the sound of running horses behind me. He looked back only for a moment, not expecting anything special at this early time and saw two riders coming from the tavern. Not taking any more notice he followed th track of presumably Capher and his party, but within the next seconds found himself flanked by an exotic riding beast that immediately caught his interest and a stronglooking horse on the other side.

He held his pace and looked up to the riders, holding his staff raised in front of him. One women dressed in warriorclothing and a another male figure behind her, and a... well knightlike figure on the horse. Then he suddenly recognised him. He had seen Capher walking towards him before he dealed with Ham. This must be the famous wanderer, Kolder it had been. No need to worry then, he thought. He lowered his staff and inquired.

"Greetings wanderers, it's a good morning for starting an expedition of treasure hunting and item retrieving, don't you agree? Kolder wasn't it? Might I inquire where you left Capher or where I can meet him, it seems he's forgotten to take his guide with him, and I can ensure you that you don't like to enter the Vagabond's Hideout without a decent guide, let alone the sewers. And with whom do I have the honour to be in the company of? Might you introduce me to our fellow adventurers or can they speak for themselves?"

He only then realise that he's speaking maybe a little to blund and am not even sure this actually is the wanderer Capher walked over too. So he raised his staff again, this time making sure his feet were steady on the ground and returned their curious gazes with a fierce look, ready for the worst.

"Sorry for the weaponry, just in case you aren't as friendly as your appearance looks."

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2001, 09:49:22 AM »

As the man speaks up I recognize him as the partner of Capher the day before at the Thirsty Herald but why and in what matter he was with Capher I can't remember.

When he mentions that Capher forgot his guide I wonder wether Capher wanted to forget him or not and rise my brow.

"So Capher forgot his guide?" I ask with an ironical tune. "it seems Capher forgot many things today. His delivery boy, his warrior, his mage... how does it come that you follow him on-foot anyway?... and the staff is not much of a problem" I add putting a hand on my sword smiling.

"My name is Kold-a-r Mondrakken as you know already.And this are Talia Sturmwind and Silfer Darkflare and we are following Capher's track as well so you don't mind if we wander together?"

'And watch each other' I add silently. I don't offer him a seat on my horse. Should he walk till we know if he is really with Capher. Security goes first.
I keep my hand on the sword but try to look as innocent and friendly as possible as we continue our way.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 12/17/01 12:51:10 am
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2001, 12:16:22 PM »

"Avour you have a point there. Terra would you mind staying here with Avour while I go and find out what kind of a mess I've gotten myself into. I did not even think that some of our party might not have a ride. I had better go back, and see if anyone needs a ride. On the other hand we could just wait here for them. I am sure they will follow our tracks and we are not that far. What do you suggest, Terra?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]