Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Three- Strata, Thieves, Romance and Jewels.  (Read 28069 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: January 16, 2002, 02:54:22 AM »

I whistle for Collossus who was taking a drink from the oasis and he gallops over to me. I look questionly at out group. "Are we ready? Good, then lets go."

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2002, 03:22:22 AM »

When Talia States something about the mixture and mating and bursts out in laughter again closely followed by Capher I'm rather confused.

'Oh, well, you don't have to tell me!'

When Capher mentions that we should hurry to get to Strata till nightfall I wholeheartly agree. "Yes, no need to sleep in the desert and I want to find out if my contact still there as early as possible." I add to him, then he asks the strangers who they are.

Leaving him alone I get my horse as well as Avour's and my belongings and lead them back to Avour.
"Well, Avour, are you ready for another ride? It will be hopefully not as stressy and a lot cooler but we have to reach the city before nightfall. Should I help you onto the horse?"

Patiently I wait for her.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--One Sword might make you a warrior but a dagger in your boot makes you a winner!--

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2002, 05:18:22 AM »

Talia laughs, Capher with her. Well, whatever was fun i betetr wake Awyon and get on .  

I walk to Awyon as he snores nicely. "Wake up, we must leave!" I say loudly. He wakes up, and starts preparing.

"Capher, can i ride with you?" i ask.

Silfer Darkflare
Master of the Lightning, The Santharian Annoyer and Reminder.
What is good and what is evil depends on which side of the coin you see.

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2002, 07:04:22 AM »

With a small bow, Almenda goes into his small intro.

"Hello good sir. I'm Almenda the Half-Halfling bard. Unfortunately, My mandolin and bow were lost in the fight with the gorba, and so I can't offer those as my services. I can offer my voice for poems and acapllea singing though. I'm traveling with Awyon and his dragon."

He added "And may I ask as to who you are, although I already know Talia."

"If you can't do great things, do small things in a GREAT way."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2002, 07:43:22 AM »

I look down at the bard. "I am Capher, I am a historian, and treasure hunter. My friends and I are heading for Strata, you are welcome to come along, seeing you are Silfer's friends. I am sure you will find employment somewhere there."

I look at Silfer. "Silfer, you can ride with me and this bard, I believe Collossus should be able to handle all of us.  The rest will have to get rides, those who don't have one.  I am sure Talia's AJ can handle a few riders."

With that said I mount my horse putting out my hand to the bard so I can pull him up.  And I nodded to Silfer toward my back signifying he should climb behind me.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2002, 04:10:22 PM »

Terra noticing the others preparing to move on, comes to her feet quickly from where she had slept, rejuvinated by the rest, and cool shade.

Terra turned to her pack that she had placed beside her, opening it she retreaved her dagger, and placed it firmly behind her belt under the cloak, then moved towards where the others prepared.

Moving from the shade Terra blew a series of two short followed by a long whistle, from her lips. Hearing this her horses ears pricked up, and moved before her so she could mount. She did so quickly, then waited patiantly for the others.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2002, 06:10:22 PM »

„Oh well, I have some dried fruits in my bags, they won‘t help for long, but they will help us going for a while, who wants some? Have you all refilled your waterbottles?“

Talia, in a very good mood now, goes over to Swing, whispers shortly in her ears and mounts then without waiting for Swing to lower herself. There she unpacks her fruits and offers them to those who want some.
„Avour, you seem hungry!“ Talia throws a small package to Avour. „and keep my cape for protection against the sun......Btw, anyone who needs an ointment against the sun or to sooth the burnings? Just come over then, I have a good stuff.“
 Hmm,  Avour should  still have my white blanket I wrapped her in  while she were sleeping in the Thirsty Herald. This one would have been a protection against the sun as well. Maybe she has left it there, not used to carry stuff around.

„Gean, it seems it is your turn to ride again with me, come on, and you stranger, I still don‘t know your name, how about riding an Aj‘ in a different way now? But please say a few polite words to her first“, and with a grin on her face she adds:“She might decided then that you are a bit big for her evening meal!“

Talia gives Swing a sign, so that she lowers herself to allow their guests to mount her and sit in front of Talia.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2002, 09:24:22 PM »

Avour's big dark eyes look thankfully at Talia as she munches down on the food. "Avour very hungry. Much greatful Friend Talia. Ride White Friend to Str-ata Place with Cap-Her Friend and Kol-dar Friend. Will Sil-Fer Half Kin be riding with Avour again? This time Avour sit and ride proper. Sun hot, no shade. Talia Friend cloth help good." Avour pauses and walks towards her horse.

Fooling about with her a bag that was attached to it's side she takes out Talia's special cape. "Avour not want to." She struggles to find the word. "Avour no like to." She pulls a funny face of frustration and tries for a third time "No    want      to          not          make            Talia-Friends cloth            no                good." She finally announces. Still unsure as the whether she's got the correct wording.

Blushing she looks at Talia "Avour ready to ride." Quickly she hands Talia the cape and then runs back to her horse and pounces up on to it like a skilled rider.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2002, 06:59:22 AM »

Almenda takes the hand offered him, and climbs up in front of Capher. When up he asks Capher "Are we not all treasure hunters?" He then smiles, happy to be given a ride proper, and not in a hammock, though it was nice being carried.

"Actuely I myself am not a friend of Silfer directly, but any freind of a freind is a freind of mine, if you get what I mean."
With that, he gets ready for the ride to strata.

"If you can't do great things, do small things in a GREAT way."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2002, 07:33:22 AM »

I look around, everyone is ready to ride. I kick Collossus gently in his flanks and away we went. Galloping across the desert. " Let's go, daylights wasting and we need to get to Strata before nightfall. Almenda hang on, you two Silfer, when Collossus runs he really runs."

I turn around and see that the rest are not far behind, and it looks like swing could easily take over all of us if he wanted too. Talia, is an excellent rider, I think to myself. I look up into the sky and reckon that we should reach Strata just as the sun is disappearing behind the horizon.

Good, things are back on track again, I think as I ride.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2002, 08:39:22 AM »

Finally we're on the road again I think by myself when Capher takes the lead. I follow him quickly also Soóravásh is smaller than his mighty horse it can easily keep up compensating the strong and powerful gallop with its own light yet fast steps.

When I am at his side I ask "Capher, we still have to decide how we enter the city. Straight or as planned. The later might cost us another few hours. We should have a smallstop before the city gates...I guess. I think I know a tavern where we might find shelter although it might be not very cheap..."

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--One Sword might make you a warrior but a dagger in your boot makes you a winner!--

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2002, 01:50:22 AM »

Terra moves here horse up beside Capher, only hearing something about 'cheap', but ignores it as it was out of context. "Capher, I have some concerns about this. A group this large is no doubt going to draw attention before we are ready.", Terra says in her usual level cool voice.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2002, 02:19:22 AM »

Koldar rides up and asks me a question. "Koldar I think finding a tavern or inn would be a good idea. I want to talk about planning."

Terra rides up on the other side and mentions about our large group. " I agree Terra, but if we go into the gates in small groups and go to the inn we should not attract that much attention. Besides these two we picked up, will not be with us when we go after what we came for. At least I don't think so, unless they can be of some help. I don't know have to think about that one."

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2002, 05:47:22 AM »

I climb up beghind Capher, trying to not fall. Then  we ride away. "Could you tell me something about Strata,Capher?" i ask him.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2002, 06:21:22 AM »

Silfer, asks me about Strata. "I wish I could, Silfer, but Gean or Koldar there are better to do that than I.  They have been there, I have never been there. So, in a way, it is their show."

I laugh easily. I am more relaxed and yet more unsure of myself than I have been in a long time. My Master would probably raise an eyebrow or two if he saw what I just did or even heard what I said to Talia.  He would probably say something like, You have been hanging around humans too much lately, you are begining to act and sound like them. Humans are an unusual race, I should now I am one of them. They like the water they are formed from flow from one disposition to the other like the tides in the ocean. You have to learn to control these emotions your exhibiting. And on and on he would go trying to explain to me what I already know. Oh well, I know he does it for my own good.  I begin to see a large shadow up ahead. we must be getting close to Strata. I wonder what adventures we will find there?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]