Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Three- Strata, Thieves, Romance and Jewels.  (Read 28090 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2002, 09:43:22 PM »

Soya looks at Avour surprised as she slowly gets, mumbles something and then again hides under the pillows. Pointing at the pile of pillows "She should go out with Bob. I think, they would be a perfect pair at least when visiting taverns and coping with the aftermath."

As Capher introduces us Soya salutes us in an ironical manner "Soya Merell, thief and treasurehunter."

She listens carefully as Capher explains our mission though her mask slightly broke and turn into a happy face when talk goes to payment and her hands are filled with a good amount of rubies. "A pretty big, emerald, yes? Oh well, I guess I can find out where to seek it!"
She is more than happy counting the rubies and estimating their worth while Capher asks Almenda if he can deal with the horses.

Koldar just listens and rubs through his now nearly dry hair wondering if it was a that good idea to give her such a big reward. Even if she hasn't done already more than is good for her she will now forget all dangers to get the rest of it.  'After all she is a thief!'

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 3/3/02 1:47:51 pm
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2002, 12:42:22 AM »

I hear and see that everything is going well.  "Now that the horses are taken care of and you have recieved your partial payment young lady.  Do you have a plan?  Our time is short."

"And I will add this, so there is no misunderstanding.  I know your profession and like those who tried to get my money found none, either will you unless I am willing to give it to you. I expect for the payment I have given you at least the loyalty of thieves.  I hear that once thieves recieve and accept payment they are loyal to their employers.  Since it seems that you have accepted the payment I expect your loyalty, at least until the job is finished."  

"I also am not a man to be trifiled with.  Only a few really know my powers.  I was weak when those men attacked me in the lighthouse, otherwise things would have turned out very differently, believe me.  I just want things perfectly understood between us."

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2002, 06:39:22 AM »

As Almenda listens to Capher talk about taking care of the horses, he says he'll aceppt the job. He takes the coins given to him for the captain. He then hears the rest of Capher's speech. <I have no doubt about what he says, as only the most powerful of beasts and mages can shape-shift.>  He then says "What about Avour? She's clearly in no shape to go traveling in a sewer!"

"Not all who wander are lost."- J.R.R. Tolkien, The  Fellowship of the Ring.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2002, 07:33:22 AM »

Soya barely listens to Capher threats totally happy with the rubies. "Yes, yes, old man. You're the boss." she tries to assure him though not with any respect in her voice and without looking at him.
Koldar glances excusing to Capher and with a grin shrugs his shoulders. 'Yes. She is still a thief.'
Finally she puts the rubies in one of her bags and turns serious again. "So you look for an emerald the size of a fist with the strange name Thalambath's Heart. While I do not know anything about its current location the Malitiae family was said to possess a strange and unbelievable valuable stone, I hope that'll be the one though I don't know if they still have them. For some reason they never told anyone about this treasure although this is rather common among the guilds to prove your status."
Massaging he lower lip for some moments she stands up and walks to the door. "I guess I know where we can ask about the location of this treasure. Thieves often hide their most valuable possession in secret rooms of the oldest sewers in Strata and I know the man who knows most of them."

She walks to the doorway giving Koldar a wink, whispering "Is your boss always that funny when he got beaten up? Really, I'm scared."

Now turning to the whole group "Yes, we have a deal. An emerald for some rubies and you can trust me that I'll do my best to show you to its location but what you have to do to get is your own business. The Dockers won't be involved in breaking into another guild and so won't I."
And with an open smile  she adds to Capher. "The Dockers are none to trifle with either, believe me. We should go now. It might take some time to get into the sewers and on the right track."
That said she leaves the room not looking back waiting for the others to prepare and follow.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2002, 02:36:22 PM »

As Soya walks out of the room, Terra quickly moves from her spot at the wall and heads for the door as well, stopping just out side. "Almenda,  I will be tending my horse. You will find me in the stable when you are ready."

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2002, 08:21:22 PM »

“Yes, let’s hurry up, I will go to see after Swing as well and need you there, but first I have to give you something, Almenda. I hoped there would be more time and I could have given it to you with some more  ceremony, because it seems to me it isn’t an ordinary instrument.” With these words Talia unveils the mandolin she has bought earlier this evening at the market place and hands it over to a surprised Almenda. “I have the impression it is meant to belong to you especially, but I will tell you on board of the ship how I got it. Please meet us down at the stables please, I just gather my belongings .”

Talia quickly puts all her new and old stuff in two bags which belong to the riding equipment of an Aj, has a last look at Avour and heads for the door as well, asking the others:
“Where do we meet now, at the stables?”

***Astropic of the day***

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2002, 01:07:22 AM »

"I suppose so. That way we can take care of our rides.  Almenda after you have stowed our horses and Talia's Aj then come back up here and get Avour.  I am depending on you to watch over her until we get back."

I walk out of the room.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2002, 06:44:22 AM »

As everyone starts to leave, Talia pulls Almenda over and gives him a mandolin. He takes the instrument, and feels it weight, checks the tuning, then plays a chord. "It's wonderful Talia! And your right, it does feel as if it was made for me. I'll meet you down in the stables." He puts the strap over his shoulder then turns to say goodbye to Capher, who tell's him to take good care of Avour. He does a mock salute, and the says "Aye aye, sir!" He then goes out and finds the stables. He sees the red-haired warrior down there minding her horse.

"Hello ma'am. I afriad I didn't catch your name. May I inquire as to what it is?"  

Edited by: Almenda at: 3/13/02 9:31:13 pm
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2002, 08:50:22 AM »

Talia follows Capher and goes down to the stables, followed by Almenda. Terra is already there and Almenda starts talking to her.
Talia goes to her Aj and gets a stormy welcome.
?Don?t Swing,?Talia tries to escape the soft mouth trying to eat her hair and manages finally to fasten her equipement onto the back of the Aj. She takes two additional small knives out of her package and fastens them to her arms, near the wrists. A long small package joins her sword on her back. then she is ready and waits for Almenda to come to her. Inbetween she pulls down the head of her Aj and  whispers into her ear, pointing at  Almenda, at the door and elsewhere.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2002, 10:12:22 AM »

Terra had just finnished strapping on the saddle when Almenda arrives at the stables. Her horse side steps slightly at his approach, but stops at the reasuring hand on his neck. He asks her name, and she turns and picks up her sattle bags as she replies cooly. "I am Terra Artemos." She places the sattle bags on her horses back, and makes sure they are secure before she turn to him and speaks again. "Coore will go with you, but he may not let you ride him. Do not try to force yourself on him if he dose not wish to except you as a rider, or the conciquences may be..." she pauses while she thinks of a way to get her point across without frightening Almenda, as images of what Coore had done to other who had tried came to her mind. "quite painfull."

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2002, 05:19:22 PM »

Talia approaches both, Swing follows her. As she hears the last sentence about riding Coore or not she says to both:
"That might be a problem, Swing would allow you on her back if I tell her now, but as you see, there is no lead on the head, Aj'Nuvivs don't allow to touch their heads for such purposes, you have to do it with 'sounds' and with your feet and I'm afraid that is an art not so easy to learn. Maybe you could ride Colossus or Avours horse? Swing will allow Avour on her back as well. That's no easy job you got, Almenda, taking an Aj and four horses in the very early morning down to the harbour, and an Avour! " And now Talia grabs Almendas  arm and her voice gets an urgent note: "Don't allow her to go anywhere, be aware she will recover quicker than you can imagine, tell her you need her! We depend on you both ! And now talk to Swing!"
Talia turns back to her Aj, caresses her neck , points to Almenda and says to Swing: "That's Almenda, Swing!" and Swing lowers her head and Almenda gets a load of warm sweet smelling air blown into his face.
Talia giggles, but tells Swing off:"Behave girl! She seems to like you,  Almenda!"
Looking around she asks the other two: "Have you seen Koldar and Soya?"

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2002, 12:43:22 AM »

After all the others are gone to care for their horses Koldar remains in the room considering how this all can work out.  The he realizes that the pile of bed covers is still moving.
Shrugging his shoulders in amusement he walks over to the bed and stands some moments by the side of Avour's bed.
Looking at the pile of covers he pokes with two fingers the person hidden under it where he thinks the ribs are.  He can only make out some mumbling sounds and on a second try pokes into the covers of the supposedly origin of the noise.

"Hey, green beauty! Time to get up, Avour. You're missing all the adventure!" he mutters continuing to poke the now slowly moving shape under the bed covers.
"Come on. You can't sleep here now. We will have a hasty bye-bye from this city in the morning." somewhat puzzled concerning his fruitless effort he tries with a more emphasizing tone he tries again. Come on! Let's go!" making a peppy move towards the door.

"Coór! That is turning out more difficult as I thought!" he muses scratching his head.

Soya waits downstairs while the others prepare their horses.  'All this effort for a fistsize emerald? Well, at least it seems more important than it should be and these people don't seem to be interested in gold. Well, at least they don't want anything from the Dockers so it shouldn't hurt to help them. At least, in Strata is the loss of one guild always the win of another. I just have to take care that the Dockers are the winners...' she thinks watching the others from a small, dirty window in the hall.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 3/6/02 3:43:50 pm
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2002, 01:32:22 AM »

I walk out of the tavern into the stables.  All ready the women, except Avour and Soya were there.  They were giving instructions to Almenda.  I stood there with a slight smile on my face.   poor Almenda, to have women telling him what to do and the task he faces.  I wonder if he is regretting his decision to come along?  It is not so much the women, they are kind enough, it is the task that concerns me.  Four horses would be daunting enough, but an Aj is something else.  I hope that the Captain of the Black Pearl does not object.  I don't think so, not after Almenda gives him the money I gave him to cover the cost of carrying our mounts.

"Almenda I say this is Collossus." I point to my big black Stallion. "He will obey anything you tell him.  I suggest that you pack some feed bags as well.  It will probably take you and Avour the rest of the evening to get the horses, feed bags and our things into the ship.  Remember keep an eye on Avour.  I don't need her wandering around.  I have enough concern about this sewer buisness and even the Captain of our ship concerns me.  Terra, Talia, be on the watch for yourselves once we get on board.  I'm not sure, but there just seems to be something about him that has changed since I first made the bargain with him.  I am probably being too overcautious.  But just in case, be extra aware.  Now, where is Koldar and Soya?"  I ask.  "We really need to get a move on."

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2002, 06:47:22 AM »

As Almenda is told all about Coore, the Aj', and Capher's Collossus, He begins to feel afraid. <Collossus is way to big for me to ride without help, Coore is, shall we say, dangerous, and Swing can't wear a bridle. The only horses I could hope to ride is Avour's, or Koldar's. And Koldar's is a race horse. So realy, only Avour's is sutible, if it lets me ride it. Oh what the heck,> "I think I'll just walk, thank you. Avour can ride. Talia, can Swing ask the horses to follow her? Or could you, Capher and Terra, Tell them to follow her? As I think that if we can have them follow Swing, I'll be better able to control this herd. Meaning no offence to your Aj', ma'am" He wait's for their answers, so that he can go check on Avour.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2002, 07:18:22 AM »

"Hey, green beauty! Time to get up, Avour. You're missing all the adventure!" Avour hears some one call out while poking her. She silently giggles. "Come on. You can't sleep here now. We will have a hasty bye-bye from this city in the morning." Her eyes sleepily open wide.

"Adventure!" She mumbles, her voice dry and horse sounding. Her face beams a smile, having never herd her voice like this before Avour continues mumbling and laughing as her voice clears up.

"Come on! Let's go!" She sees Koldar making his way to the door.

"Stop!" She shouts out still smiling. "Bye-bye city. Take skirt and Talia-kin's cape? What about room stuff?" She asks wondering about what "things" they are going to take with them.

Standing up getting out of bed Avour peforms a series of stretches which she does every morning, only taking a short while as she complets them listening to Koldar. Avour looks around seeing that no one else is in the room and walks up to Koldar. "Why since She-Kin come along, you no like Talia-Kin any more?" She asks innocently.

ooc - Koldar, I think I'm going to have fun with you *here* since you made fun of me in the OOC <evil grin> just wait till we're on that ship laddy-kin! <wink>

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]