Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter IV Sewers, Thieves, Brownies and Hero's  (Read 26855 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2002, 09:00:22 AM »

The man withdraws the pipe from his lips and a smoke cloud envelops him for a moment as he releases the air again. "My girl, what I do here is none of your business." snarled the man at Soya with a nevertheless amused tone in his voice.
"I'm still the gatekeeper here, better tell me who your friends are! They don't seem to be fond of the hospitality of the Dockers. Is this approved by Alvazarius?" his pipe waves bored at the group.

Various thoughts rushed through Soya's mind. 'What is Grindle doing here? He's one of the few people too clever for her lies. And he knows me far too long...' Trying to overact her growing nervousnesses - though she rubbed over her leather gloves - she tries to buy time by switching topic.

"One of my ... friends said that our little distraction at the door is not sufficient." -"One of your friends obviously hasn't been long enough in cities. It is the easiest way to keep drunken sailors and horny lovers out of our front yard. Your friends seem rather unsure about your motives, Soya. They think this is a trap." the old man giggles as if he made an incredible funny joke and removes the broad hat from his head.
The greasy grey hair falls in strains sparsley into his wrinkled and pockmarked face. His face is dominated by a sharp eaglenose and ice-grey eyes. After he stroked back his sparse hair he contains his laughter and stepped forward, looking Capher straight into his eyes.
"He's a mage, you know that? Or he's something worse!" he kept staring with his intense eyes, grinned over his whole face revealing a few yellow stumps and then looks at the others as he was not that impressed by what he just stated.
Soya somehow tries to get back some of the control over this conversation. 'Grindle is always quick with thinking. That will not help us much...'
Pointing at the door she asks "Are our informants in there?"

Grindle looks at the door and then spits right before Talia's feet. "Yes, they're in there. In fact, that's the reason I'm here. Roko was meant to do the job but he got under the wheels of a cart in the harbour - poor boy - so I've to do it. They're currently eating. It is disgusting to watch that mess. Better out in the night I guessed and obviously I was right." he eyed Talia closely, his face only spans away from hers. His eyes slightly gleamy, "She looks like Csesca. Her eyes. A Shendar, eh?" he apruptly turns away from her and eyes Terra from quite a distance -obviously the only person whose reactions he could not gauge exactly - and then it seems he recognizes Koldar for the first time.

Koldar has grown more and more nervous about this man and has hidden further in the shadows. He knew him from somewhere but he couldn't tell who he was. He had investigated the windows closely and as far as he could tell they were alone with him but the man seemed confident to be able to handle this little surprise so Capher's little mindtalk didn't help to calm him down 'Should I know him? He's old enough to be an important one. But from where do I know this face? he wonders.

The Grindle spoke again rubbing his chin to surpress an ironic smile. "Hail thee, Koldar,... Koldar Mondrakken. I see Soya's stories about your early death at sea were slightly exagerrated. Ah, I'm happy about it. I don't wish anyone younger than me die before I do... though I can't prevent that very often..."  He eyes first Koldar then Soya closely and then his eyebrows raise in sudden understanding. Looking from one to the other. He grins at Koldar.
"Does Alvazarius already know that you're back? He was really angry that you escaped his grasp. The first thief that was able to betray him and escape. That hurt his pride. Well, me thinks every thief has to learn that there's a better one. Though he will be eager to pay back."

Koldar turns paler and paler as the man reveals all his knowledge about events years ago. "Who are you?" he whispers with a croaky voice. He expects that the windows will be filled with bowmen any minute.
Grindle laughed. "I know it's not your fault but it seems sometimes your noble heritage and intentions makes you blind for the simple alley beggar prowling through the streets. I'm Grindle the One Legged, Lord of the Streets." he waves his hat and his laughter rises in glee.
Koldar just stares at him.
"It seems your leg recovered well." - "Yes, in fact I had to retire from my business because hiding your healthy leg can be rather unhealthy on the cold stone."

He now looked carefully from Terra, to Capher, to Soya. "I know you're a good girl, Soya, so I assume you know what you're doing. Half of the reward and I never met you and your little secret." with one warning finger he interrupted any answer. "Do not cause harm to any Docker or my goodwill will cease and then all gods can't help you!"

Soya similar shocked as Koldar mechanical takes the bag with rubies and throws the over to Grindle who is satisfied with the bag without checking and hides it in the folds of his cloak.

With his hat in one hand he bowed before Capher. "I hope your mission is noble, mage, that you come to the scum of society." He bows even deeper before Talia. "You remind me of a girl I once knew though this time is long gone. She was as determined and strong-willed as you're and as beautiful." he winks at her and salutes towards Terra. "Be careful who you slay, great warrior. The shadows of the night are all grey and your sword might hit the wrong ones. Never let the darkness of your soul lead your actions." Grindle heads to the exit  but stops beside Koldar.
"Take care of Soya or you will see me angry, boy. And you don't want to anger an old man like me." He pads Koldar with the hat and then put it on. "I'll be back in one hour and I don't want to see anyone here then. These little bandits I have to feed are annoying enough!"

With these words he disappears in the dark passage.

Soya is somehow completely out of breathe. 'Grindle always know how to make a great show. Hopefully he won't meet Alvazarius! Nobody ever could lie at Alvazarius, even this old streetdog!' She sighs deeply and then walks to the door on the other side of the courtyard and opens it.
"Well, let's meet our little helpers." she says with a forced smile.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2002, 11:39:22 AM »

As Terra passes Soya she stops and speaks to her in a low cool tone before entering. "What your old friend fails to see is that the whole world is gray."

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2002, 05:07:22 PM »

"Of course I didn't leave you my dear. Nether did the others, not permently anyway. For right now, we have to get the animals to the ship. Follow me." Avour listens to the little kin and then follows him. He leads Avour to the stable

"Come on. We got to go to the harbor, and get the animals on the ship. You take Shavoosh and your horse, and I'll take Coore and Collossus. Swing will follow." Avour nods and then looks in the general direction of the horses. Walking towards them she makes calm cooing noises, and then starts to slighly neigh like a horse. Her arm movements are strange and after a moment or two the two horses and Aj follow Avour along like puppies.

"Avour and animal-friends go now" Avour says. "Avour talk with little-kin animal-friends together, animal-kin no like city. Want to leave. They follow Avour" She says to Almenda pointing to all the traveling animals including the ones which Almenda had charge of. "Little-Kin just walk, animal-kin follow!" Avour said and then walked over and squatted in front of Almenda. "Think Avour-halfling and little-kin have bad time with Talia-animal, but Talia-animal follow good now!" She whispers to him and then grins "Avour-halfling ready!"  

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2002, 12:17:22 AM »

The old alleybeggar who dominated all of her group so easily is gone and Talia stands , the back to a wall and thinks heavily. He has impressed her very much, his selfconfidence, his ironic way of talking to them. She is glad not to have moved when he spit before her feet or when he came so close to her face with his.

. But most surprising was his judgement of the single persons of her team. Seeing that she was Shendar was not difficult, she wore Shendar Clothes and protection. But she would never have been able to say that Capher is a mage with just looking at him. Something worse? His mindtalking has surpised her, but gladly  she has anyway been in a controlled mood she didn’t show her surpise either. Something worse? What has this old man meant? Talia looks at Capher and decides that her feeling about people never has been wrong, and so she puts all her doubts away. Capher would turn out to be a friend, a good one even. And Terra? She is looking sometimes grim and discouraging, but Grindle had seen her only for a few minutes!

At least she is sure now that Soya don’t want to betray them, she was more disturbed than any other from their group, well, perhaps except Koldar. Looking now at Koldar Talia has to smile, he had  suddenly got pale and paler when he didn’t know where to put this dirty old guy.

Koldar a thief?
Talias smile gets broader and broader despite the dangerous circumstances.
And a good thief! Ha! Funny! Maybe I get some more information till we leave here! But now we have to meet ‘little helpers’? I hope Soya doesn’t speak of Brownies, but I’m afraid she does!.

With a smile on her face she draws her sword slowly and follows Soya to the door.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2002, 02:51:22 AM »

The old patched, grey-stained haired man had some words with Soya.  He revealed somethings that I had guessed at, especially about Koldar.  Then he comes up to me and stares right into my eyes, he calls me a mage or worse!  My first immediate thought was, What were my companions thinking as they heard that, especially since I had just mindtalked to them.  He could have caused doubts in their minds about me. That concerned me, alot!!

I stare right back at him, not blinking an eye, even when he says those things. I slowly smile at him and give a slight nod of my head, hold the man with strength born out of anger and suspicion toward this man and his impudent manner, and barely whisper. "Worse would not even describe what would happen to you, the dockers or even Alvazarius if any of this is a trap.  Your friend and those with him who got caught under the wheel barrow by the harbour, got lucky, next time it won't be so."

As he talks to the others he finally leaves asking me if my venture is a noble one.   To hold Thalambath's Heart! To fight evil in its purest form!  To watch friends die helping you on this quest!!  To see friendships torn apart or renewed!!  To even help you, and your kind to continue on feasting on others, so that a higher purpose can be fulfilled.!!  Yes, that my street dog is noble!!!

After he leaves. I slowly look around and I guage the impact the mans words had on my companions.   They all seemed to be a little awed at him, except Terra, whom I think has seen enough to darken even her bright soul, if she would allow it to ever to lit once again.

Soya then leads us across the courtyard to another door opens it and says lets us meet her "little helpers"  

I keep my mouth shut, ears and eyes open as we enter the dark passageway.  

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2002, 10:34:22 PM »

Soya waits for the others and wanted to enter but Terra's hard reply really bothers her. She's about to speak but then only sighs and responses "When you think that Grindle ever failed to see something your judgement is wrong."
Without another word she opens the door and enters. Behind the door is a small, dirty hallway. Some doors are closed others blocked by piles of debris and other things. A ladder leads upstairs, a small trapdoor is in the ground.
Soya walks over to the next door and hears whispering, loud smacking and high laughter.

She signs the others to stay back and forcefully knocks against the door.

Koldar was rather shocked about this Grindle, what he said what he noticed, and now he slowly remembered who he was.Years ago this man had always played the one-legged beggar in the corner who happily told everything for a coin or two. But in fact by day he ruled the streets with his spies who gathered information everywhere in the city for any guild that might be interested in it, though he stayed loyal to the Dockers and was their eyes and ears. Koldar never understood how a poor beggar could find so many useful information for the guild, now he knew: He was not nearly as immobile as everybody outside the Dockers believed.
Koldar didn't know where to put him but Grindle's serious advise to take care of Soya to keep her out of trouble makes him believe that this old guy just approved their mission.
'I hope he won't betray us though I currently see only a hundred reason why he should do so...'
Koldar was very watchful when he followed Soya.

When Soya had knocked against the door the noises on the other side of the door turned quiet and then after some moments some peeping cursing rose louder in replace.  Then through a hole in eyeheight a small creature appeared. IT stopped and seemed to look puzzled - obviously it had expected someone else - and then turns to Soya which stands closest by and was at least known to him.
"What do da' big, ugly woman want? We eat!!" he yelled angrily. While he spoke you could notice that he was still chewing his meal. His one hand gestured with a piece of meat towards the others.
"What do da' fat, ugly other man and woman want. I dunno' know tha'!"
Soya was obviously the least impressed by his disgusting and insulting behaviour -he now chewed with open mouth considering what he had to expect here - His little small eyes are the only thing that makes him distinguishable from the dirty wall as they glanced white at the party. The rest of him was colored in a dark brown and black.

"We seek information about the old tunnels. Someone seems to hide a fistsize emerald somewhere in the ancient sewers and we want to find it. Ever encountered something like that?"
The Brownies bit sulking on the piece of meat. Between his bits he mumbled half understandable.
"Why should I tell ya'? I only tell Alvazarius, big ugly woman's boss! He should come himself!"
Soya was turning somewhat angry, this was obviously a lie to make him appear more important.
"Shut up, Turtletongue! You know that I'm directly responsible to Alvazarius. He sent us! Now tell us!"
- "Na!" was the short answer. "You big, fat people always think you can command me around! I'll not answer ya' questions!" The Brownie turned around and wanted to go back to his meal when Soya's sweet voice stops him.
"You know what, Turtletongue? You remember the times when you were disturbing our work too much? Since our good relations we always kept our pets out of the houses. Do you know the last time we went with cats and dogs into the sewers to get rid off the rat plague?"
Turtletongue let his meat fall and slowly turns around to look into Soya's smiling face. "You can't do that! We're allies!"

"Of course, we can do when our allies are only eating our supplies instead of helping us. Guess what I have a nice basket outside, perhaps I should bring my nice housecat to your meal. She loves playing with Brownies..."
- "You won't do that! That ain't fair! We haven't done anything!"

The Brownie yelled obviously not fond of the idea to have a cat hunt him.

"Then tell us if you know something about a fistsize emerald called Thalambath Heart! It is most supposedly owned by the Mailitiae family and hidden somewhere in the old sewers."
The Brownie gave up. "Okay, okay! Just don't let this terrible furball into the room. I have to go and ask my people if they've seen a big sparkling stone in one of the storage rooms! Wait!"
The Brownie turned around and walks back into the other room.
"I'll wait but not too long! Kitty is hungry!" she adds. That said the Brownie hurries into the other rooms yelling. "One moment! I'll find out! You cruel redhaired monster!"

Soya rests against the wall beside the hole and has a cold smile on her lips. Whispering to the others. "Somehow these small guys are all allergic against cat fur! Strange!" she adds with a small.

Koldar barely contains a laughter. Moments ago they thought they had stepped into a trap. Now they did something similar to this small creature and its emotions felt just too familiar to him.

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2002, 06:38:22 AM »

As Almenda and Avour head out, he checks to make sure that the mandolin is secured around his back. He then goes out to see if anyone is watching. Seeing no one, he signals Avour and starts snake-ing his way through the streets, peeking around corners and seeing them empty. They finaly find the docks,  and he starts going away from the light house. He soon sees the Black Pearl, and walks up the gangplank.

OOC: I'll leave it up to Capher to see what the dwarfs reactions are. ;)  

"Not all who wander are lost."- J.R.R. Tolkien, The  Fellowship of the Ring.

Edited by: Almenda at: 3/13/02 9:46:19 pm
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2002, 09:44:22 PM »

They enter a small, dirty hallway,  it is empty. Talia feels a bit foolish with her drawn sword, but the surprise Grindle gave them was enough. She eyes suspiciously the small door trap and the ladder leading upwards.
Soya signs them to stay back and knocks at a door from which strange eating noises are heard. And in a gap in the door at eye height  the dirtiest, ugliest  little Brownie she ever saw appears, throwing at once insulting words at them. Soya isn‘t impressed at all, but threatens him with cats when he doesn‘t want to cooperate.
Talia thinks at her dune mouse Fluffy in her pocket and if she would be a go for a threat for the brownies as well, but unfortunately dune mice are no hunters and Talia doesn‘t know if a Brownie would be impressed if she would try to sell her mouse to him as a special form of small cat, though he surely hasn‘t seen one in his life.
But for now he obeys Soya and all wait for the things to come.

***Astropic of the day***

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2002, 03:15:22 PM »

Avour smiles as she watches the horsed went effortlessly on to the ship. Eyeing the bridge Avour backed away a little. Encouraging Swing on to the boat.

"Come Talia-kin want Talia-animal on floating tree!" She whispered. A loud banging noise spooked Swing and Avour. Reiring up it's head at the same time that Avour jumped.

*Swing turned around trying to get out of the way Avour went to jump over the creature and ended up flooping over her in stead. Her abrupt landing knocking the wind out of her and spooking Swing even more.

*At first Swing ran up the dock some more knocking people off left right and center, while Avours legs hung over the side she tried to move them around the back so that she could sit on Swing properly. Someone threw a rope around the two just as she was about to lob her leg over Swing stopped suddenly as the edge of the dock neared. Turning around Avour almost flew off., only being stopped by the rope which was now tangled around Swing's neck and Avours hands.

As Swing headed back along the dock, the way down clear as the people were already floating in the water. Avour clung on for dear life trying to sooth the frightened creature. As the edge of the dock nearred Swing headed out towards the main street along side the dock. Unable to gallop any more Swing had to calm down and think which allowed Avour to calm the animal more. Her hand thribbing as the ropes were now firmly wrapped around her wrist.

"Little-Kin help us" She said to Swing. "Talia-friend said she come back, Little-kin said so. Little-kin tell no no truth to Avour. Avour Talia-kins' Talia-animals friend.  Avour-friend" She explained.

As the two came to a stop Avour slid off and started to lead Swing back to the ship, fiddeling around with the rope around her entire hand. Her fingers now a nice shade of blue Avour began to cry as she tried to untangle the ropes. "LITTLE-KIN!" She called through her sudden rush of tears. Avour started to panic as her fingers became numb. "LITTLE-KIN Avour-friend hand hurt!" She cried.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Edited by: Avour at: 3/15/02 8:10:09 am
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2002, 10:48:22 AM »

Impatiently they waited for the Brownie to return. The silence of the room was only disturbed by the sound of loose wood creeping  moved by the wind.
After some minutes Soya decides that she has waited enough and the others might get impatient as well. With her fist she hammers against the door. "Turtletongue! We've waited enough! I'll now go and get my pet to have a serious discussion about our terms of the alliance!"

A panicked cry indicates that her threats were heard and moments later the Brownie appears in the opening again. "Ok, ok, cruel, dumb giant! No need to freak out!"
The Brownie walks up and down in unrest. "Some of ma' people were scouting some ancient parts of the sewer system some time ago. We stumbled over several caverns... obviously the storage rooms of the Malitiae..." - Soya interrupts him "We know where the Mailitiae have their hidden storage rooms. No enemy thief wants to stumble into such places by accident!" ... The Brownie stutters as he obviously has some problems in explaining his point. "The...the Scouts found a hidden room behind one of their main tunnels. The thieves were hiding all their extraordinary stuff there including a big stone lying on a podest in the center of the room. B-Big and sparkling!" The Brownie tries to demonstrate this with gestures though his body size seems insufficient for it so his arms wave around.
Soya seems satisfied. "Sounds good! Which tunnel?"
The Brownie thinks about it. "Between what big people call the "Palace Hall" and the "Echo Pool". When you see granite in brick wall da' right."
"Thanks, Turtletongue, your tongue gets faster and faster when you have to expect a cat for dinner. We are most grateful. Till next time."
The Brownie seems to very well get the ironic tune in these words and was about to.get angry and leave when he stops and with a sheepish grin turns around. "There was one thinga the Scouts were afraid. There a' moving stones in the caves! Huge moving stones. Bigga' than da' man! Not squishing small Brownies but maybe squishing big, ugly people."
The Brownie picked up the meat he has dropped when he first left and smacked loud as he bit into it.

Soya turned around to the others. "I know which tunnel he means. It is not often used as it is under the noble palaces and those palaces have no easy entrances into the sewers. I guess I can find it though other guilds control parts of that region." She stepped over to the trapdoor and opened it.

The putrid smell and a rusty ladder fixed into a moist stone wall indicated too well where it lead to. Soya had a similar smile on her face as at the passage before . "Welcome to the streets of the Thieves. Who wants to be first?"

Koldar listens carefully to what Soya and the Brownie say and wonders about the Brownie's remark about moving stones. When Soya opens the trapdoor he looks as amused as Soya. 'Well, we had to expect that. We always talked about the sewers.'
"I'll go first then", he says and removes the sword from his back as the opening is rather small. Koldar squeezes himself through the opening -which is mainly difficult because of the sword and the shaky ladder- and climbs down into the darkness. The smell was similar breathtaking as in the passage but luckily not that intense. After three metres he hears water flowing and drops falling to the ground and feels slippery stone under his boots.
The sewer is about three peds wide but most of it is a stinking, green, brown soup of river. The brick walls are rotten and covered with fumes. To both sides of the river are too narrow ridges, both only half a ped wide at best.
The tunnel is continuing  to both sides occasionally lit by small openings to the streets above. The air is sticky though that near to the outside bearable. Pipes made of iron or brass coming from the roof indicate where houses have their sewage pipes and are the origin for the worst smells.
He looks up and whispers "All clear!" and steps aside on the small path and waits for the others to follow.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2002, 03:24:22 PM »

Terra removes her sword from her belt and follows Koldar after he calls "All Clear". Reaching the bottom of the ladder, her boot slips a little on the slimy stone, but quickly gains her footing before she released the ladder.

The smell in the sewer was similar to that of the passage, but was within her ability to ignore. She move beside Koldar, replacing here sword behind her belt, and calls "Clear.", to let the next one know the bottom of the ladder was clear for their decent.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 3/16/02 7:51:32 pm
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2002, 08:36:22 PM »

Looking down into the dirty smelly hole Talia decides to wrap a cloth around her hair normally used against the sun - you never know what might drop from the ceiling - and follows then Terra down the rusty ladder, her sword holding above . Good bye white Shendar clothes.

Why haven‘t I dressed in some of the old stuff I bought for this occasion on the market this evening? And no maid or young man around to look after my things and clean them afterwards! This is the only time I would appreciate some magic, uhh!! Luckily the rock snake parts are somehow dirt repelling! At least the smell isn‘t as bad as I expected, or is my nose already used to it?? Horrible!

She jumps the last fore down onto a floor covered with things and liquids you better don‘t know and is glad that her boots, thanks to secret shendar knowledge are waterproof.

Capher follows her and now only Soya has to come and close the trap door.  

***Astropic of the day***

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2002, 06:48:22 AM »

"Aye Captain, Look at what is comin up the plank!" shouted one of the dwarven mates on the Black Pearl.

Rekjiak came out of his stateroom and looked at the plank.  A small little man, with furry feet was leading a pack of horses and the strangest looking creature he had ever seen.  Along with the little man was the green skinned half elf that was with Capher in the inn.  She was having some trouble with the strange creature and got tangled up in its ropes.  She was hanging upside down.  He and his crew started roaring with laughter as they saw and heard her cry and Almenda running around trying to help her.

"Hey there matey, what do you think ye are doing with these animals?"  he yelled out to the little man.

Capher, Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2002, 06:52:22 AM »

I keep quiet as I follow Talia down the trap door into the sewers.  I say "clear as I look up waiting for Soya to come down the stairs.  I decided long ago that this was Koldar's and Soya's game.  Terra, Talia and myself are along just in case.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2002, 09:11:22 AM »

Soya waits till all others are in the tunnel and then climbs down as well closing the trapdoor behind her. Quickly she is down the ladder  and squeezes herself on the small ridge past the others to take the lead. "Be as  quiet as possible. Noise is carrying far in these tunnels and most inhabitants know how to differ boots on stone from rat noises."
That said she goes to the next crossroad and has a short look into the tunnels to orientate. "Come on, follow me. Don't get lost." That said Soya walks forward balancing easily on the slippery stones.

Koldar gives Talia a warm smile as she seems very unhappy about their surroundings and looks how well the others take it. Terra seems unimpressed as always about it and Capher seems currently more than happy not to interfere obviously not used to this situation either. When Soya takes the lead warning not to get lost Koldar holds Terra by the arm and whispers into her ear. "If you get lost - or anything else unexpected happens - follow the water, it always leads to the sea and our goal afterwards is the harbor. Always follow the water!" He looks around that the next words none else will hear... "If me or Soya get into trouble and we already have Thalambath's Heart I count on you to get the others out of here. I know they're brave and capable but they're not mean enough for this place!" Koldar gives Terra an assuring pad on the shoulder and follows Soya.

When they bow into another tunnel which slowly leads upwards Koldar catches up with her. "How far is it from here? Do you think the corridors are observed?" he quickly asks in an interested but innocent manner.
Soya looks at him with raised eyebrows wondering what this is about.. "Well, about half an hour I guess. I don't know if there are so many guards because they want to keep this place secret -and did it successfully till now- but perhaps some of them roam the nearby tunnels in search for intruders? Who knows, perhaps we disturb others during work. That can be as unhealthy..."

Soya leads the group through dark caverns full of the garbage of civilization the only noise being the boots hitting the ground and thousands of waterdrops falling into the water echoing through the tunnels.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]