Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter IV Sewers, Thieves, Brownies and Hero's  (Read 26069 times)
Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2002, 11:30:22 AM »

Avour all but holds her breath as the man looks down the tunnel they are hiding in. Telling her self to be quiet Avour looks from the man to Terra and back again. Becoming nervous when another arrives.

When they dissapear Avour continues to stay still wondering what they are meant to do now. All she wants is to see the group together again and some sun light.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2002, 06:41:22 AM »

Alvazarius thinks hard what to do with this strange pair. He knew that this small man must be lying but what is he hiding then, and how?
His thoughts are interupted when suddenly a man stumbles around a corner, bleeding. \"A Golem!! Someone set a Golem loose in the sewers!\" The man barely finishes the sentence when a shockwave takes him off the ground and the stone vibrates as the creature appears, half walking half taking down the walls around it, in the far corridor.
Alvazarius looked up in shock. ' Who dared to...?' He wants order his mage to do something but the man who has stepped back in shock as well already glared at him. \"This will cost you extra, friend!\" and a wild smile appeared on his face. Quickly the mage begins to search his bag for some indregents and prepares his wand for a bigger spell.
The other men unsure wether to stay or run unsecure look at each other.

Koldar gives Almenda a quick glare to be ready. Even his personal guard who was very expertise in holding someone captive had loosened the grip on him and he had enough of Alvazarius' way of interrogation. 'That was indeed not what he was looking for here in Strata.'
Quickly does Koldar check his surroundings.

The ground and walls were vibrating from the nearing Golem and some loose stones break out of the nearby stone. Alvazarius' men seem to be more and more unsure were to stay and some already retreated into nearby sidetunnels to be secure from any falling stones. Alvazarius stands near the mage obviously amazed by the ongoings around him, by the huge appearance of the Golem and the powerful intonations of the mage.

Then the spell has ended and the whole tunnel is lit in bright light as several bright flames appear and nearly instantly spark into the walls of the tunnel and the Golem himself and turn into a tremendous explosion breaking the part of the tunnel apart. The air is filled with dust and noise as the tunnel collapses just around the Golem and the thieves cover from the debris flying around or flee right away.

In the chaos around Koldar sees the only opportunity for him and Almenda to get away. With a sudden movement that nearly makes him pass out as his broken bones revolt against it he shakes off his captors and with two kicks and his right elbow, he takes out the two thieves holding him the first also being hit by a loose stone out of the dust and the thief Manfred holding his stomach. Still stumbling from the pain in his bell Koldar presses the left arm against his body while giving Manfred a final kick against the knee and grabbing for his rapier.

"Almenda, get out of here!! Run for it! Run!"

Sliding around on his boots to face he faces his next foe.
Alvazarius sees that the mage is stumbling obviously weakened by his strong spell and wants to steady him when he feels a threat in his back. With a fluent movement, as fast as you wouldn't expect from any normal man he draws his sword and turns around. But one moment to late as Koldar's rapier is at his throat before he has completely turned.

His eyes are sparkling furious. "And what now, Koldar? Want to kill me to become the Dodger king? That's not your destiny."
Koldar can barely hold himself steady but manages to keep a self-confident smile. "No. Certainly not. But what is with Soya?"
Alvazarius hisses as the rapier cuts his throat lightly. "Soya is alive, currently. But what do you think should I do? She ignored my orders today and far too many did so today. She needs to get out of the way  for some time till I ensured stability among my people again."
Koldar nearly pushes forward hearing this words. "You won't hurt her or you'll know what it is when I am your foe!"
"Yes? That wasn't everything? Okay, okay! Koldar, you know I wouldn't do that even if I had no choice. I will bring her to a safe place. Grindle will bring her to a safe place!"

Koldar presses the blade even further against Alvazarius' throat. "Swear it! Swear it by your lousy life!" Koldar checks the smoke-filled surroundings again. Most thieves have run into safety so the way out is open. "Almenda, get out now. I'm following you!" Koldar just wants to turn around again when he just sees  the mage raise his hands again and Koldar has just enough time to dive away from another fire ball exploding in the ground where he just stood.

He falls onto the ground. Pain explodes in his left side but luckily the smoke and dust covers him for some moments. He tastes blood in his mouth 'must have bitten on my tongue' and more blood tickling out of many scratches and his wounded shoulder. Shaky but quickly he gets on his feet again and stumbles into the direction he hopes Almenda headed before the smoke settles.
The pain drives tears into his eyes and with unsecure steps he hastes forward.

The mage grabs Alvazarius as Koldar disappears in a cloud of smoke and dust. "Come! The Golem is not destroyed, yet and I saw men behind him! We should get out of here that you're able to pay me a generous sum!"
Alvazarius focusses the spot where Koldar disappeared for some moments and then slowly nods. He was never so close to die and didn't like it. He stroke his wounded throat and looks confused on his own blood but then remembering that time is short he gets up and follows the mage into a small and dark sidetunnel. 'Exciting times were about to come. He hated exciting times!'
Quickly he disappears in the shadows of the sewers of Strata.

OOC:Hope everything is right. Almenda, hope you still can fetch Talia's sword somehow! :)  otherwise I've to write that in as well...

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster ;)--

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2002, 08:19:22 AM »

Fortunately the houses are standing side by side, very close, the alleys leading to the shore are small, sometimes the upper storys protrude the lower ones and so the roofs are not more than two peds or even less away from each other. All roofs are flat , with a surrounding wall to prevent their visitors from falling down. The houses are all lined up along the docks, so leaning over one wall, Talia can see where the ship she wants to reach lies, still to far away to abandon the roofs. Short before dawn the roofs are empty, and that makes it easy for Talia to move on.
Till the broad road leading down from the market to the seashore and the docks stops her roof jumping. And down on the road are surely thieves , though she can‘t see any from her lofty lookout. The ship is still about 100 peds away on the other side down the docks. Could be a long way. She thinks about using her rope and climbing down on the outside down the wall, but the moon is still too bright and Talia would be clearly visible. Resting in the corner of the roof where the street, the docks and the ship is clearly visible, she looks absently to the house on the other side of the street. It is beautiful and tells stories from better times. At night the decay isn‘t visible. The white ornaments are clearly visible. The corner looking to the seaside is flattened and each story has a little balcony.

Balcony! That‘s the solution, my house looks similar from the roof, has this cut off edge, I bet that there are balconies as well. Then I don‘t have to use the door which might be guarded.

This house has a staircase which leads along the inner wall , surrounding the courtyard. Talia silently moves down till she has reached the first floor. Thanks to soft Shendar boots and the time where normally people are deeply asleep she reaches the room which should have the balcony. Slowly she opens the door......

***Astropic of the day***

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2002, 08:22:22 AM »

Swing is in a very bad mood. Her two legged friend wasn‘t here for a while now. This other green creature which was so similar to her friend had left her as well, not seeing that she wanted to help her. She has to bend her head in this place without enough air and no possibility to move and so, being an Aj‘Nuvic with a liking for freedom like all of her kind she decides, that enough is enough. No rope hinders her and so she leaves this uncomfortable place, not noticing those small creatures who want to hinder her to get onto deck. Sharp claws and showing some teeth let all difficulties disappear, till she finally jumps down the gangway. But then the time for a decision has come, the decision which way to go. and that is a difficult one in this region without sands, food and nobody here to lead her. So Swing  just stands on the docks, waiting for the thing s to come. And nobody dares to come near!

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 5/18/02 11:23:17 pm
Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2002, 07:36:22 PM »

ooc - Hope this is ok

Avour looks to her left, holding her breath so that she didn't make a noise, she tip-toed away from Terra. Smelling a difference in the air quality made Avour believe that there was fresh air "that way". Looking back at Terra she sees her looking at her and then Avour taps her nose a few times and smiles at her. Making no noise at all Avour turns back towards the direction of the fresh air.

Down by her calf was a small tunnel all bar hidden to the naked eye. The bad lighting would make it almost impossible to see it if you didn't have another sensor looking out for wholes and so forth. Getting down on her hands and knees Avour pops her head in the whole. "Air fresh!" She whispers smiling from ear to ear. A small beam of light was visiable from no more than 15 peds away. Pulling her head from the tunnell she looks at Terra and then waves her arm for her to follow. Sticking her head back under Avour begins to crawl her way out

ooc - like I said, hope it's ok  

Character Description

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2002, 05:54:22 AM »

Almenda was caught unaware by the man bursting in the tunnel, and the golem crashing thru to get to them. When Koldar said to go the first time, he was stunned. After that, Koldar came face to face with the head thief, and started yelling at him about Soya. Koldar tells Almenda to run, right before the mage shot a fireball at Koldar. Almenda runs to the nearest tunnel and then waits, with his back against the wall, for koldar to get get up and follow. He doesn't have very long to wait, as Koldar comes running thru the tunnel, clutching his arm. Almenda quickly grabbed him, and help him come down the tunnel.

Soon, Almenda reaches a split in the sewer, and, hearing voices that sound familar and friendly, he heads down the left one. Soon, he sees some familar green feet, climbing into a shaft. <Probally a storm drain.> He waits for them to go down a bit more, and then helps Koldar to get in, saying that it leads to the surface. After helping Koldar, he gets in and squeeszes himself to the end.

OOC: Hope it's okay that I brought us back together. I just wanted to get out of here.

"Not all who wander are lost."- J.R.R. Tolkien, The  Fellowship of the Ring.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2002, 07:26:22 AM »

Blind Koldar stumbles to were he guessed Almenda has gone and is more than happy when a helping hand prevents him from falling. Touching his face he recognizes that some stones must have scratched his cheek and his shoulder was still more than only a bit pulsing from pain.
 'Oh boy! You have had been in better shape already!'
He coughs from the dust he has breathed and helpless follows Almenda hoping he knows where to go as for now he was unable to make a decision.

After some time Almenda seems to hear something and leads him to a small tunnel where Koldar could just see two green feet disappear. "A-Avour, is that you? Where is.. Terra, are you there as well?" Slightly disorientated Koldar leans against the wall.  'The sewers are definetely a good place to carry around your wounds'
Determined leads Almenda Koldar into the tunnel to climb up, "to the surface", as he says. Slowly and grunting with every movement that makes his shoulder touch the stone he starts crawling up the tunnel. Already after several metres the sweat is running down is outworn face and his breathe goes hard.
Koldar bites on his teeth as the sweat mixes with the blood and burns in his many small wounds.  'Just another few metres! Then you've deserved some rest!'

And so follows Koldar Avour up through the tunnel.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 5/20/02 10:27:28 pm
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2002, 12:58:22 AM »

Terra move into a shadowy alcove near the shaft Avour had started crawling in to, watching the tunnel in both directions for danger. Soon after Avour began crawling into the shaft, Terra spots two form approaching, the tall one appeared to be in bad condition from the way he move, the short one seemed shaken, but did not move in a way that would indicate injury at a distance. When the forms came closer she could see it was Koldar and Almenda, but did not move from her spot in the shadows, and they did not spot her. Terra was pleased that it ws dark enough that other could have passed her by allowing her to attack there back, but that point was mute now, soon they would be out of these stinking sewers, and on the ship. Koldar calls out to Avour her feet still sticking out of the shaft, and asks where if Terra was there. Terra steps out of the shadows behind them. Terra says in a cool smooth tone, showing her recovery, "I am here. You two go ahead. I will cover the rear.", then watches Koldar and Almenda clawl into the shaft, and with one last scan of the tunnal follows them in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Almenda
New Santharian

« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2002, 06:06:22 AM »

When Almenda reached the top, he looked about him. "This isn't that far from the docks. But we must find Talia first. Does any one know where she would've gone? And what happened to Soya?" Waiting for an answer, he quickly looks at Avour and, seeing no wounds, he returns his gaze to the group.

"Not all who wander are lost."- J.R.R. Tolkien, The  Fellowship of the Ring.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2002, 07:48:22 AM »

Talia slips into the room. There, in a four poster bed in the middle of the room, covered with heavy curtains, somebody seems to sleep. Talia looks around, where is the balcony, is there one? Suddenly she freezes. Noises are coming from the bed! And it is not just a snoring.
„Ahhhh, my dear, you are great!“ Talia hears a female voice, and another, deep one is answering: „Well, sweetheart, there is nobody as lovely as you!“

Talia blushes, but there is no time now to loose and she tries to go as silently as a desert cat around the bed. And luckily there is the desired balcony in one corner of the room, separated from it through a nicely done door with stained glass. She moves very carefully out of the room where the pair is still having a conversation Talia doesn‘t want to hear. As soon as she is outside she looks along the road up to the market place and down to the docks where the pearl is lying. Nobody is to see, but this doesn‘t say anything. So she waits in the shadows, ready to do anything what might be necessary. Suddenly a move at the pearl is catching her eye.

Oh my goddess, this is Swing out there on the docks!

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2002, 11:29:22 PM »

Avour hears a familiar voice from below, she is unable to turn around towards it, as both Almenda and Koldar were now below her in the tunnel. Her smile appears again as she makes her way to the top of the tunnel. Avour reached a small round flat bit of wood which covered the end of the tunnel, with small holes poked light though it. Thinking for a moment what Terra would do if she were leading the group Avour pressed her ear up against the wood and listened for any noise. Hearing nothing she wedged herself securing her legs in the ladder and slowly lifted and twisted the wood off.

The sudden light tore at her eyes, she turned her head away as best she could and closed her eyes. But the sudden light had already taken it's toll on her. Padding her hands around the rim Avour used her upper body strength and lifted herself out of the tunnel and then crawled for a little bit before turning around.

"Bright light, close eye-peepers!!!" She called back down the tunnel. "Avour-Halfling not look. Dark but light?" Avour sits back and rubs her eyes blinking her eyes widely as she tries to re-gain control of them. Shutting her eyes and raising her eyebrows as she opens then her mouth making an 'o' shape as she does so. Her arms rest on her crossed legs as she performs the action a few times. "Avour not like smelly no-light!" She says. "Need to scrub to no smell!" Rubbing her hand across her arm to show what she is talking about she remembers about the jewels which she had taken earlier.

With a look of suprise she pulls the four fist size gems from her shirt smiling as she holds them in her hand. "Now which one get Talia-Kin?" Avour asks looking at Koldar innocently noticing that he's wounded. "Koldar-Kin!" She walks up to him tucking the jewels away, holding out her hand she takes the dagger which he gave to her and then cuts across her hand, her eye twitching with the pain. "Cut made, no say no. Avour-Halfling blood help Koldar-Kin." Avour said as she moved her hand towards his own. A drop of blood forms and slids off her hand turning clear as it hits the ground. Watching it she smiles. "When cold-sky they form." Avour explains. "Make small shinies!" Smiling she moves her hand towards Koldar and waits for him to place it on her.

Character Description

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2002, 04:53:22 AM »

Swing doesn‘t move much, this much Talia can see, she just stands there, moving around a bit to watch the docks for any two legged.

Clever girl! If I whistle her,she will be here immediately and give me a ride to the ship, nice!!“

But Talia stays in her hide, she doesn‘t know why she goes on, a feeling for the right time to leave?

I wonder where the others are. I hope Avour and Almenda are safe on the ship!  And Koldar, Terra and Capher! I wished I would be with them now. What will Koldar say when he hears of Soya? Perhaps , oh well, for sure Alvazarius has found them! And my sword! I want my sword back!

Talia looks up the road, there was a noise! And really, several people are coming down the street, they don‘t make much noise, but obviously they don‘t need to be very silent and secret either. As they come nearer Talia does a deep sigh. It is Alvazarius and some of his men. Maybe he even has still her sword? But how should she get it? Her heart is beating hard.
But then ,when she has a quick look in the other direction to the ship, she is terrified. There she sees a lid on the street near a wall moving and out crawls Avour. She is easily to see, for a dim light is near, bright enough to allow adapted eyes to see every thing.

And Alvazarius is very near. Not a minute left and he will reach the corner and see Avour, and maybe the others are there as well. Her thoughts are racing. Alvazarius and his men are coming down on her side, and now they are near enough that Talia recognises even  her sword carried by one of the men. No time to think now. She has to hold up these men and possible to make some noise to warn the others.

A  short whistle for Swing and Talia jumps down onto the street just behind the man carrying her sword and - a sharp pain is racing through her ankle. But Talia tries to ignore it and it is only a matter of a second and her sword is in her hand.
Alvarius and his men are stunned for just  a second , but before they can react a white whirlwind is in their midst. The men draw back.
Now Talia is standing, her sword in her hand, Swing behind her, in front of Alvazarius and, though watching him closely,  smiles at him winningly:

„Thanks for carrying my sword out of the sewers. With it it would surely not have been so easy to escape over the roofs.Don‘t blame your men, they couldn‘t hinder me.  And Alvazarius, Soya is in good hands, Mirijli is a remarkable woman. Soya will survive and hopefully be well again. Please give my  best wishes to her and a thank you coming from my heart when she is fully conscious again. “
Meeting his eyes she doesn‘t look away and waits for an answer.

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 5/23/02 7:55:44 pm
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2002, 08:45:22 AM »

OOC: will add Alvazarius' reaction if demanded lateron, when the thing with the sword is cleared up

Koldar slowly climbs out of the tunnel which proves rather difficult with one arm unusable and every move shakening him with pain. He crawls mor than climbing out of the hole and remains lieing on his back trying to make the world around him swirling around.
He hears Avour babbeling something but can't make sense with it right now and weakly waves at her to make her stop and the tries to get on his feet. His legs are quivering for a moment or two as exhaustion nearly takes over but then he has himself undercontrol again and hopes that none has recognized it.
Avour obviously has noticed that something is wrong and rushes to his side and before he can say anything about it cuts her hand offers her blood to heal him.
Defensively Koldar tries to reject this "gift" holding her hand back.

"Avour, no..., we don't have time. We must get off the street before someone spots us. No..."

But Avour proves persistant in her decision and this inner struggle exhausts Koldar quickly  so he presses her hand against his broken collarbone more in a reflex against the growing pain than anything else.

Sighing in relief he feels the pain cease and a warm feeling spreading through his shoulder.

OOC:Hoope I used the medicine right! ;)

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2002, 06:29:22 PM »

Avour disregards Koldar's wishes she places her hand on his body any way. Smiling when she feels his body take the healing qualities. Not saying anything she looks at Koldar and looks at him innocently. She continues looking at Koldar and puts her free hand to the other side of his face. "Young Koldar-Kin be well again soon." Avour says, her voice barely more than a whisper. Her eyes blink once and then her head turns acknowledging that there is some one coming. Worried that Koldar might still be to weak to move her attention goes back to him. Looking him in the eyes her face expression turns some what worried.

Character Description

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2002, 02:35:22 PM »

Terra climbs out after Koldar, the fresh air giving her renewed strength, yet the light was blinding at first. Once her Eyes had adjusted, she looked around and took note of their suroundings, and of group.

"We must get to the ship, it will be leaving soon, and we can tend to our wounds there. Koldar, do you know where we are?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]