Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter VI: Dangerous Paths  (Read 16833 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 10:38:22 PM »

Koldar would have been cautious without Talia reminding him but as things were Talia was just saying what he thought while he rubs his hurt knee. As Talia finishs Koldar looks again at hajarian still with a slightly forced smile on his face.

"You seem a bit modest for a mage, Hajarian, but how do you come to the conclusion we would find any tomes or magic books on our journey?"

Koldar stands up. "But as Talia said, we need to decide in a group about it and we should get some rest now and I need to buy some stuff anyway. In the evening here then."

He stands up and prepares to leave.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
Weakness is strength. Hope is life.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 01:52:22 PM »

Terra addresses Hajarian, "I am sure you understand our causion in this matter. We have set in motion dangerous events that we do not yet fully understand. These events could bring unexpected enemies, and we do not want to bring them into our conifdence foolishly. We will tell you more once we have had a chance to discuss the matter of you joining this group amongst ourselves, and if we decide to take you into our confidence."

Koldar addresses the group and indicates that he has things he wishes to buy, then prepares to leave. Terra as well prepares to leave as she addresses Koldar, "I to have things I want to buy. Do you mind if I acompany you?".

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Terra Artemos Character Description

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2003, 09:50:22 AM »

Flicking hear ears back she looked as Talia rose. With a worried look on her face Avour grabbed for Talia's arm almost spilling the mug of liquid that she was holding in the other hand. For a moment she pondered over which to do first. She had the fruit in the hand grabbing at Talia, about to fall to the ground, the other hand with the mug, and her mouthfull if food.

Swallowing, then coughing slightly as the food that went down could have been chewed a little more. Avour put the liquid down and stood up as she looked at Talia nodding. Taking another bite of the fruit.

Youd be lost if I wasnt here to annoy you - Little Sister speaking to Big Sister... (My sister talking to me)

Hajarian Ryelliin
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2003, 04:29:22 PM »

Hajarian spread his arms in a gesture of openess. "Of course." He bowed his head. "Your cautions are well justified, and I would be suspicious if your position myself." He folded his arms once more, and then leaned back in his chair. "As for the magic books. I have no idea whether or not we will find any, but if we do, then I'd prefer to recieve those as compensation for my services. And I doubt any of you know Styrash, let alone Ancient Styrash, to be able to interpret what is said in those books."

Hajarian pressed his hands against the table and pushed himself up. "Well, if we are all to be departing for now, then I may be found in a room. I emplore each of you good tidings, and if I am no longer needed, then I'll be off."

- - - - - -
Hajarian Ryelliin
Ice Elven Magus -10th Circle

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2003, 06:11:22 AM »

Avour pulls at Talias arm, only then Talia notices, that Avour hasn‘t finished yet. She takes again a seat, comforting Avour.

„Don‘t hurry, Avour, and sorry that I didn‘t notice you haven‘t finished. „

Talia waits, till Avour has emptied her keg and finished the fruit.

„Ok, I long for a bath. Why don‘t we take some fruits with us? You can have them later.“

Carefully to not give the impression as she would leave Avour behind, Talia gets up again. She puts some fruits in her bag and takes then Avour's hand and leads the frightened elven girl out of the room.

Outside they meet Master Tim who shows  to them quite a big room with three beds and an connected smaller one with a bathtub in it, already filled with hot water.

„Lady, „ he addresses the two, „I don‘t know, if you women want to sleep all in one room, but this one is the only one with an extra bathing tube next to the room.“

„Thanks, Master Tim, our warrior lady will surely tell you, if she accepts this bed or if she wants a single room. And, I would have another request“ Talia hesitates..“I would need something fresh to dress in it after our bath, and my little friend here as well. Could you help us out in any way, a trouser and a shirt would be ok. Only till we have done some washing?“

„No problem, lady, I will send you my wife with a dress or two, I hope they will fit, I don‘t have an eye for such things“ he adds laughing and goes to fulfil their wishes.

„Look Avour, there is  icemilk soap! And there is even a Mil‘no root!“Talia is excited. She makes a very small cut in the root, adding some drops to the water.

„This is disinfectant and refreshing at the same time , if you don‘t take too much, „ she explains to a tired Avour. „We can wash our clothes afterwards with a stronger mixture to get rid of all unwanted things we picked up on the boat. And look, the towels are huge, what is this for a comfortable inn!

Talia removes her clothes, puts a sleepy dune mouse onto the floor, with some bread and fruits of their meal and slips into the water. Avour only looks at her.

„Avour, what‘s the matter, have you never seen a naked woman before or shared a bath ? Come on, I wash your hair and massage your back!“

***Astropic of the day***

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2003, 08:08:22 PM »

"Yes of course." he nods to Terra in agreement and then turns back to Hajarian.

"We'll discuss it, but you know I'm not afraid of the fact that such books are written in Styrásh or in an orcish dialect, I'm afraid about what they say that makes me think if we should generally agree in giving you anything magical we might find. What guarantees can you give that you won't abuse the powers of such books?"

"But as we agreed, we'll decide that later. Now I need some better equipment, I still feel like this clothes smell like the sewers of Strata and we might have a long ride."

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2003, 12:03:22 AM »

"Avour, what‘s the matter, have you never seen a naked woman before or shared a bath ? Come on, I wash your hair and massage your back!“ Avour looked shyly at Talia.

"Avour-kin not seen human-kin... nothing wear..." She swallowed as she took off her shirt. "Talia-kin look like Avour-kin." She said tilting her head slightly. Removing her trousers Avour put her hand in to the water.

"Water warm?" Pressing her eyebrows together as they rose slightly. A smile came across her face as she put her leg above the rim of the bath and in to the water. "Warm water gooder than river wash!" She said excited as she moved in facing Talia.

"No dirt to scrub Avour-kin with. How to clean?" She looked at Talia

Youd be lost if I wasnt here to annoy you - Little Sister speaking to Big Sister... (My sister talking to me)

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2003, 12:18:22 AM »

After Koldar had finished speaking to Hajarian, Terra asks, "Where to first.".

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2003, 02:34:22 AM »

Koldar  presents his empty hands. "Weapons, I think. I need a decent sword. While dwarves these sailors have no decent steel and I wasted mine in  the sewers."

"Come let's look if we can find something. See you later" he adds to Haj, "We'll meet again in the afternoon."

Koldar and Terra leave the Inn and head roughly towards what they suspect being the town centre. Around them the streets start to groiw quite busy with many local folks but also many travellers from all parts of Santharia filling the kobbelstone streets.

As they reach what Koldar thinks is the town square - though he has never seen such a clean one with small shops and craftsmen filling the houses and wooden huts in straight rows, he turns to Terra.

"What do you think we're dealing with, Terra? Whatever was taking over Capher must be rather powerful and I don't think anything human could've defeated him. Though I'm not very religious I heard of creatures of the underworld possessing such stuff. If that's true maybe Capher's mission is even more important than I thought. What do you think?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2003, 11:49:22 AM »

Koldar and Terra leave the inn, Terra allowing Koldar to lead the way. They eventually come to what seems to be the town square. Koldar turn to her and speaks.

"What do you think we're dealing with, Terra? Whatever was taking over Capher must be rather powerful and I don't think anything human could've defeated him. Though I'm not very religious I heard of creatures of the underworld possessing such stuff. If that's true maybe Capher's mission is even more important than I thought. What do you think?"

Terra thinks a moment then makes her reply.

"I don't really know what we are dealing with. I am not a religious person my self. I fear to embrace the gods should they lead me astray in the search to regain what is lost of myself.

What has happened to Capher may or may not be related, it may or may not be an external thing or force acting on him. I to have heard such stories of vile things possessing men and forcing them to do evil. These stories often arise because men do not wish to acknowledge that the vile thing is always within them, it is part of them, and of all things living. Capher may simply have been overpowered by the darkness that was in him, or it may be some form of possession as you suggest.

We can not know for certain, and for now Capher is beyond our help. Even if he were to return to us, he may always be beyond our help to conquer that which inflicts him. It is best to follow the path he has already layed out, as there we will be closer to the answers we need. There was a reason he wished to head to Milkengrad so urgently, we will need to find out what it is and how to proceed.

There is something I am curious about though. I know you do not know anything about the situation earlier with that dark rider, but you may know if that rider is unique, or if there are others like her. If you do, and there are, what do you know about them?"

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 8/8/03 6:40
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2003, 10:09:22 PM »

Koldar smirks to himself as Terra gives her answer. No no, no yes, just some mysterious words, you should've guessed that before, Koldar! But his amusement dies quickly as Terra aks more about these dark riders and falls silent for a moment not sure what to answer.
Should he tell Terra why he calls himself Knight of the Moonlight? He mentioned something to Talia already, back in the Thirsty Herald but at this point he was not sure if Terra wouldn't implicate that he was a source of trouble. He hesitates for a moment and then signs his face showing a mask unwilling to let Terra read more than he was willing to tell.

"I don't know who this was back at the gate but the black riders are not unique. They're knights with a cause and I've met them before but I do not know what they're seeking here though they roam all Santharia I think. Still, they usually mean trouble wherever they are."

He explains this last sentence any further but hopes he did not sound too suspicious. Dropping the topic he wanders over to the nearest smith that seems to have decent collection of weaponry.

"Do you have any dwarven Steel here?" Koldar musters one of the blades weighing it carefully in his hand.

The smith lays down his hammer. "He asks if I have dwarven steel? Finest my friend. All this steel comes directly from Kor Donion or Kor Mithrid. Finest weapons. Sealed by the mastersmithes of the Dwarves themselves. 100 Silverbards worth."

The smith keeps praising the blade but Koldar eyes evry inch critical. "Sure, I believe anything you say but I doubt a dwarf would like it when you sell such swords as dwarvish creations."

And the haggling began.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2003, 08:44:22 AM »

A slight amused smirk came to Koldars face as she answered his question as truthfully as she could, but when she asked of the dark rider. Koldar fell silent for a brief moment as he drew his face into a mask before answoring, but in that brief moment Terra knew he was not going to tell everything he knew of them.

Koldar having said all he was willing to say freely droped the subject and headed for the nearest smith with a good collection of weapons. Terra followed, and began weighing some knives, looking for a good boot knife to replace the on she lost in Strata, while Koldar haggles with the smith over a sword. Uninterested in the rather small collection of knives available waits till Koldar is finished with thes smith.

"Koldar, if you think they will cause us trouble, it is best tell me and the others as much as you can about them. We can not otherwise protect ourselves from their trouble effectively."

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2003, 08:04:22 AM »

„ Good point, Avour!“

Talia looks around and out of the bath tube and sees attached to it a little shelf with several  sponges and soap on it.

„Look, here we have our tools. Turn your back to me and I will rub it!“

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2003, 08:29:22 PM »

Avour bites the side of her bottom lip and raises her eyebrow making a some what comical face at the sponge that Talia was lathering up. She looks from the sponge to Talia and then raises her other eyebrow to match the first one. Slowly her lip flips out from her teeth. With a slight look of doubt Avour shrugs as she turns around.

"Avour-kin not see bubble making squishy before."

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2003, 08:40:22 PM »

Avour seems to be unused to this kind of communal bath, for that she acts very brave. Talia is aware of the trust Avour puts into her, a honour and a burden at the same time. - No, not a burden, but a responsibility. She sighs by this thought and starts then to rub gently Avours thin, greenish back. Her skin is soft and looks vulnerable, her dark long hair definitely needs a wash and so Talia starts washing it as well.

„Avour, lean back on my knees, put your head back and I wash your hair, you will see, it looks marvellous afterwards.“

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 9/9/03 14:24
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]