Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Capher's Journey  (Read 8393 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 02:50:22 AM »

The old man clearly notices the burnt grass. "Ta'las," he asks, "you do not notice that the grass here is burnt? It seems to have been burnt in a peculiar way.  look at how it seems to have been burning but then it was stopped by something?  And the burn marks are quite recent, do you not think so?  What do you think could have caused this?" He asked excitedly.

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 12:50:22 PM »

"You are right, my friend."  He furrows his brow and kneels to look at the burn marks in the grass.  He silently berates himself for not paying notice.  A few yards beyond the perimeter of the clearing, he does not see the same burn marks.  

"Hmm.  When I have seen grassland burns around the desert, they will stretch for much greater distances, and usually will not confine themselves to such a small, concentrated area."  Ta'las pauses a moment and adds, "this was done by someone - or something.  But how they managed to keep it within this clearing is surprising."

The Shendar pulls up a few plants from around the edges of the clearing.  Something about the burned plants looks strange, but Ta'las does not know why.  The plants are brittle and marked with black scorch marks as if they had been instantaneously consumed by intense heat.  He shrugs and hands the plant to the old man.  "I am not sure what might cause such a fire, though it does not look like it was made by natural means.  Perhaps a wizard's fire or...I do not understand...why...."  The Shendar's voice trails off before he finishes voicing his thought.

"Talia," Ta'las says in a hushed voice.  He recalls the moment his mother-sister showed him the image of Talia immolated in flames.  "This could have been where she was burned!"

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2005, 01:44:22 AM »

The old man watches and listens as Ta'las looks over the burnt ground.  Ta'las seems to be some sort of tracker.  He seems to be very good.  Then Ta'las goes over and picks up a plant and explains that it was burnt, not by natural means, but maybe by wizards fire. Wizards fire? the old man thought.

Suddenly that voice inside his head speaks, "Yes, Capher, Wizards fire.  You know about Wizards fire.  But that was not the fire that caused this...no this fire was caused by something else."

"What something else?" the old man asks.

"That is something you have to discover for yourself.  It is just another piece of the puzzle to help you find yourself and ultimately help me...."  The voice trailed off.

"Come back." the old man yelled.  Then he noticed Ta'las looking at him strangely and heard him say something about Talia.  That this is the place where she was burned.

The old man asks, "How do you know that?"  Are you the one speaking in my head?  Are you a Wizard? A Shendar Wizard? One sent to confuse me.  I am just an old man, leave my head alone."  The old man stalked off.

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2005, 12:07:22 PM »

"A wizard?  Me?" Ta'las asks as he watches the old man stalk away.  He holds his hands out.  "I know nothing about magic but what I have seen during my travels," he calls after the old man.

The Shendar shrugs and turns back to setting up camp.  First he gathers up some dry wood and builds a fire in a small, circular recess in the clearing.  I wonder if someone used this place as a camp previously, he muses.  I wonder if she was here.

It makes sense, he thinks as he lights the fire.  The image his mother-sister showed him of Talia burning and the strange burn marks in the clearing do fit together.  We must get to Talia, he thinks.  Tomorrow there will be no more of this nonsense.  We must enter the Quallian and find her.

He rolls his blanket out on the ground, and removes some food from his pack.  Ta'las muches on the salted beef, and chuckles.  "A Shendar Wizard," he says as he wiggles his fingers in the air.

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 12:17:22 AM »

The old man went and stomped off farther away from the campsite and headed toward some woods that bordered the meadow.  He was lost in deep thought and before he knew it, Injera had set and it was now dark.  The pull he had felt that had led him to this place, somehow he had forgotten, but now that he was calm again he felt it again and it was very, very, strong and it was leading him back toward the campsite.

The old man followed the pull.  He could see Ta'las in his sleeping bag wiggling his fingers.  Suddenly the pull almost pulled him off his feet and then he saw it:  It glowed incandescent as it lay in the dewed grass.  He cautiously walked over to it.  The soft glow did not change the closer he came to it.  He knelt down beside it and peered at it.  It looked liked an ordinary flute?  

At first he just stared at it.  Then he reached down and picked it up: He staggered as vision upon vision reeled in his head. Vision's of this campsite, of a fire demon, red-haired woman, elves, several males, one female, and then the black haired woman came into view.  She fought hard against this demon, so did the others, a wizard also fought the demon.  The demon attacked with fire that was unnatural, finally the black haired woman, took her sword and rammed it into the earth, somehow the sword stayed the fire.  And then the combatants got on horses and the black haired woman got on an animal that looked liked Desert Rose and ran, but in the tumult, this flute had been lost by the black haired woman.

Suddenly as if a cement block was knocked loose from a crypt, light dawned upon the old man's feeble brain.  But it was not quite as feeble now. He knew for certain that his name was Capher and that these visions were trying to tell him somthing. And now with the finding of this simple flute he knew that it probably belonged to the one called Talia.  He jumped up with glee, holding aloft the flute.  "Ta'las, have you ever seen a flute like this before?" He asked as he rushed over to the campsite.  And then a voice out of the darkness called him by name.  The voice sounded a bit familiar, but it still brought Capher up short and he watched Ta'las pull his own sword.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 8/5/05 16:06
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2005, 10:19:22 AM »

Ta'las watches as the old man walks back into the camp and  veers in a different direction and picks something up out of the grass.  There is a brief moment, where the old man seems to be studying his find, which is difficult to see in the darkness, and then leaps into the air!

Quote:
"Ta'las do you know what kind of flute this is"

The Shendar rises and approaches the old man.  He has not seen such happiness and awareness in his companion's eyes before. He takes the flute from the old man's hand and looks at it. "It seems to be my friend a Shendar flute. Do you think it belongs to Talia?"

Then, another voice from the darkness outside their camp calls for someone named Capher.  He puts his hand on the pommel of his sword, though he leaves it sheathed, and assumes a defensive stance - right leg slightly behind his left, weight distributed evenly on either foot.

"And do you know who this is?" he asks quietly.

Ta'las

Edited by: Capher at: 8/5/05 16:09

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]