Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Audions and Restrictions(No Spots Currently Available.)  (Read 12131 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« on: May 20, 2005, 08:42:22 AM »

Requirements
Players must have ACTIVELY played in at least one other Adventures or Caelereth story for more than 1 week.
Players must state the story(s) they have played in there post for varification.
Players must post and example of there RPing ablity. (This can also be a previously RP post in an Adventures of Caelereth story, but linking will not be counted.)
Must be able to post twice in a week, once a week at the longest, on a regular basic.

Exceptance
Players will be conditionally excepted given that they meet the above requirements and the Moderators believe post is of sufficiant quality. Mods also reserve the right to decline a character based on class.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 7/19/05 7:48
Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »

I would like to be a part of this story. here are my two approved characters. Take your pick of one and I will "try out" on it.

Pikel Thunderstone - An alchoholic gnome assassin who is perpetually cheerful, fun to be with, and generous in the extreme. Is currently in Helente, WOTF, The World beyond, and voldar. (voldar will soon be non existant.)

The Ghost A hate filled, albino elf whos only lot in life is to cause pain to others, which he is quite adept at doing. The GHost is currently in Bardavos and Nyermysis.

Take your pick and I will try out on it.

P.S. is the audition a post in responce to a post of your choice, or any post that i have made with chosen character?

What? Why must we speak of my profession? Come, let us have a drink. - Pikel

Pikel

Edited by: Pikel Thunderstone at: 5/25/05 0:46
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:11:22 AM »

Just an example post.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 05:10:22 AM »

Hello I would like to join this story also. Here are my two characters:

Tythle Fi Thea- A noble Ranger, who is serching for his lost family and has had adventures along the way. He is right now in WOTF,Helente, Nyermysis, and In The Eyes of Her Son.

Shaeo Nodrae- A joyful artist who is often cuaght in bad situation becuase of her trusting nature. She is only in Bardavos right now.

Here is a sample of my rping:

Tythle's eyes flicked back and forth picking out the achers that were firing on the big man and he set is sights on the first. The man was to the left of the giant half concealed in a bush. The elf turned and let fly, the arrow cut through the air with a slight spin on it to make sure no sight breeze would make him miss his target.

The arrow ripped into the mans skull, knocking the man back instantly killing him. He drew again from his quiver but this time he took out two arrows and set then onto the bow string. The other two rogue bowmen had made the slight mistake of being to close to each other, turning the bow sideways Tythle spread the arrows apart, each aimed at a single bowman.

He centered him self waited and moment testing for a breeze, or his shot would be entirety off. There was no breeze to be felt so he let the string go. The two arrows flew through the air both hitting their mark, one arrow caught its target in the shoulder causing the man to drop his bow. The other seared into his companions neck. The man struggled for a moment, clutching his throat and gurgling before he dropped forward and breathed his last.

Now that the three archers had been taken care of, Tythle hooked his bow on to his quiver, snapping into place securely on his back and drew out is twin daggers, glinting in the sunlight he waited to see who would take on the big man first, or the who big man would go for.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 08:41:22 AM »

Tythle, could you provide links to your CDs, I can find Shaeo's, but not Tythle's, and having both linked would be a great conveniance. Also which character were you most wanting to join with?To be honest Shaeo would be an interesting addition if we can find a way to fit her in, but Tythle seems like he would be the more useful, but then I can't find his CD thread so I have not exactly read about the character yet. Really I am undecided on which character I would rather have join. ;)  

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 04:12:22 AM »

Okay I would like to play Tythle and here is the link to my two characters for your convenience: Tythle Fi Thea

Shaeo Nodrae

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 5/23/05 20:16
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 06:09:22 AM »

OK, I will have Teri give it another once over now that we have a referance to the character. We may not come to a descission right away, and if you are chosen I am not sure how soon we will start you in as some of the upcoming plot elements are as of yet uncertain.

Also if it is descided that Shaeo would make a better addition is that OK with you?

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 09:07:22 AM »

Thats fine with me. Whatever is easiest or best for the story line.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 09:57:22 AM »

OK Tythle, here's the scoop. You are almost there, your post looks good, though it has been noticed that the character seem played a little to close to the powerful side, but as long as the line is not crossed you should do alright. One other comment I will make is to watch your spelling and grammer, Teri sayed it lead to some confusion for her. *Shruggs*

Ok, well anyway, enough criticism. Our descission is leaning towards Shaeo. We would kinda like to get a few more character that are not the adventurer types as we already have a few. So what we are looking for is some ideas you can come up with for why and how she would join the group.

Here is some background for you to work with...

The group (Talia, Terra, Teri, Hajarian and Capher?) are in Aer‘ylffherim in the Quallian. There would likely not be many chances to meet up with Shaeo while we are there, if any. Hajarian will be nowhere to be found, as his is inactive and has stepped his character aside to allow the story to continue moving, likewise Teri will also not be very active. Once we leave the Quallian we will likely head to Milkengrad as our next destination, as that is where Hajarian expects us to be heading next, we will of course make stops along the way. From there we would likely catch a ship to Northern Sarvonia, and travel to the Prominent Mountains, so likely all character joins will occure between the Quallian and leaving Milkengrad.

That is for the most part what is planned, there are no real details as of yet.

Also feel free to message me if you have questions. All my messaging information is with my CD in the CD thread, or in my account profile.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 10:18:22 PM »

_______POST__________________

The forest was more alive then ever. Sounds echoed trough the trees.
The sounds of swords clashing and the whirling sounds of arrows followed by screams of rage and suffer. The tight parts of the forest where blindingly dark. Smoke rose up from the tree’s, beaconing the only lighter sides of forest with ongoing battle between a band of heroes and raping criminals.

A few Dashes away from the battlefield on a deserted dark and cold place in the forest darkened by the tight leaves and the dark-clouded weather had played a horrifying scene.

A huge Oak beaconed a small open spot in the tight forest at the western side away from the caves where the battle had taken place. The shadow of the giant tree overlapped one figure of a beheaded body laying still on the floor. A bleeding corpse of a criminal which was killed only a moment a go.

A grin appeared on his face as he watched the bleeding corpse from above. High in the Oak on a thick branch was the figure of a man visible. A shade covered him; making him hard to see with the untrained eye. A vicious assassin trained in stealth in combination with his powerful skill in two-handed-sword-fighting. This was his territory; Forests….

The black bandana endings danced glorious in the wind. His left hand kept his war-sword in a loose grip with the sharp pointy edge resting on the branch. Blood crawled down the cold steel dripping down in the dark bloody mess of the beheaded man’s corpse underneath him.

It was Darien Gulath who had gained his title: Predator for hunting and killing his victims in the forests around milkengrad. He was somebody who was heavily wanted for his crimes in the helcrah regions. He took Mathis Mallisters quest to stop the criminal Borik in the company of a experienced and special chosen team. A team he hoped to be thinned out when the final reward would be given. He had been drunk during the mission-briefing and past out shortly afterwards. Then he had moved quickly that morning to catch up with the small squad.  
When he found their fresh tracks he lowered his speed and stayed out of the sight of the travelling company. He was more in his element as a freelancer, And did not really like to chit-chat anyways. He had decided to travel alone and see where faith would bring him.

At a certain moment he felt something was wrong. The forest was more quiet then else. He bound his horse to a tree and slowly moved trough the tree’s. He followed the fresh tracks and found the company’s horses and one car filled with supplies. He then examined the surrounding forests but did not spot anyone who had stayed behind to watch the creatures and supplies. What was going on? What where they doing that was more important then their own personal supplies? Darien could not figure it out with his twisted mind…
He slowly took his time to examine the supplies in the car. He ate something and took some of the supplies. But then as after a silence before the storm;…. Battle from the north-eastern directions! Darien moved quickly trough the forests towards the event out of pure curiosity. He could not understand… Why would these heroes confront criminals who where waiting for them in a ambush? Was it Borik? Had they found him already? Or some of his lower ones in command?
Darien stopped his quick sprint when he heard nearby footsteps towards his direction. It was almost as if he disappeared with his dark clothes in the giant shadow of the huge oak.
The footsteps came closer and closer. Three or four men was Darien’s estimation. His senses had sharpened a hundred times. Everybody was his enemy now… He felt as if he was trapped in a corner. For a moment it was the fear that would take a hold of him. But when the footsteps approached even closer it was as if he flipped a button. Shutting of his fears, emotions and everything else on his mind. Only focussing him on the figure’s that where coming closer….
The next moment 1 figure walked straight past Darien in the direction of the ongoing battle.
Darien dropped his stinking cloak and put one of his hands to his shoulder grasping his sword.
Another figure approached only a few moments afterwards. One of them with a bow and another with a sword. Only one pair of footsteps was still behind him. Darien stared at the armed  men’s backs. They had never noticed him. Where these men heroes or some of Borik’s force? The tension grew higher as the final pair of footsteps approached from his left.
He was ready to make his move now…. The poor unlucky one would never know what had hit him….

In a quick move he flipped his sword out if it’s sheath from his back and jumped from behind the oak where he swung his sword at the location of the footsteps. The sword penetrated the man’s neck and sunk down deep into the tree.
For a moment the man just stood there holding his throat, He started to vomit blood and fell down in the muddy grass. His head rolling away from his body…. The ground around him turned red.

Darien had watched the body with his eyes focussed on the bleeding neck. Then he pulled his sword out of the oak and climbed the tree. In a few agile movements he reached the high branch of the tree watching down at the corpse laying underneath him.

He focussed him on the events around him but all he could see was a fire in the nearby distance. And the shadows of figure’s sinking their swords in each other.

The two others who had past him disappeared in the darkness of the battle that went on and on. For moments he sat there…. Hidden from anyone but watching as a spectator.

I've been (and still am) Thirsty-Herald, Warofthefallen, Shadowsofmidnight, Nyemersys and i am also setting up my own story: The tournament.
I would like to join as my current char. (a guest appearance would be fine to) I can play different roles with 1 char. The evil criminal facing the heroes, The untrustworthy ally. Or just a simple guest appearance with no significant role... Or maybe i'l wait for some more time and join then. It's just that the story really attrects meh :wink2 ...
My cd is still in development. I am spending most of my time finishing it now... :nod
And if there's no room (currently atm) i'l join after some more months. That is IF you have enough players Now. ;)  

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 06:24:22 AM »

Hi all,

I cannot claim to have as much writing experience in Santharia as the others, though I have been posting in the Thirsty Herald for some time now.  I do my best to post every second day.

My character, Ta'las, is an 'adventurer' type, but I have tried to include some background around the Shendar's quest for enlightenment (called Second Reality) that I could integrate into a story to round out the character.

Here's my audition:

Ta’las looks deep into the flickering flames, while behind him the elderly priestess speaks her incantation in a language he does not fathom.  Above him a tapestry of stars litters the desert sky, and a strong wind bends the tall silvery blades of Ar’pun.  The priestess’ voice reaches a crescendo, and Ta’las looks over his shoulder to see if she is all right.  He returns his gaze to the fire, and jumps back and shields his face as the flames suddenly tower above him and turn a cobalt blue.  The Shendar draws his blade as the flames coalesce into the form of a woman.

“Do not fear, warrior,” the priestess says from behind Ta’las, who looks dubiously at her.  The priestess smiles.  “This is but an image of the one who you must seek out.”

Ta’las looks back, more closely studying the figure in the flames.  The lean, muscular woman looks to be a couple of spans more than five fores.  Her hair is tied in a tight plait that falls down her back, and held in place with a small braided leather ribbon.  

“Who is she?”

“Talia Sturmwind,” the woman answers quietly.

He is surprised to note that, though she is dressed in the manner of a Shendar, she does not bear a physical resemblance to his tribe.  “Why is she dressed so?” Ta’las asks.

“She was taken in by the Shendar, and raised as one of us,” the priestess answers.

Ta’las looks over the sword she wields.  He has not seen such a blade before – the gold pommel has been fashioned in the shade of an angel, it's feet form the handle which rest on a large sapphire, while the wings form the pommel guard.  Strange markings that Ta’las muses must be magical writing flow down the length of the blade.  Just above the pommel, more words are written in a language he also does not recognize.

“Why must I find her?  Is she in danger?”  Ta’las could not imagine a Shendar warrior would need his help.  “What can I do for her?”

The priestess chuckles, guessing his thoughts.  “Death looms over all of us, Ta’las, as it does for this woman and her companions.  You can be of some help to her, perhaps a comforting presence simply because of your similar upbringing, but you are not her saviour.”  Then her gaze becomes more piercing, finally forcing Ta’las to look away.  "It is time to grapple with those inner doubts that plague your conscience, Ta'las.  She and her companions can be of help to you in that journey.”

Ta’las angrily sheaths his blade.  “I am already at peace with myself, mother-sister.”  He starts to walk away from the fire, but his mother-sister grabs his arm.

She digs her nails into his skin.  “You presume much, Ta’las!  You have always walked away from trouble all your life – never faced what lurks in the dark of your mind.”

The Shendar warrior glares at his mother-sister, and then looks down at the ground. There is a long pause as he considers her words.  Ta’las has always hated remaining in one place for too long, and always used the excuse that his occupation as a guide has kept him from attaining enlightenment through inner reflection.  “Where do I find her?” he finally asks, quietly.

“Look into the flames,” she bids him, as she nods at the fire.

He looks up, and sees the figure of the woman has been replaced by a complex image of a massive city complex.  The city is ringed by a series of three formidable white walls that increase in height closer to the city itself.  Three central gates and a number of stone towers guard the primary entrance to the city.  A palace of white marble, and four trees that seem to emanate light of their own sit on a hill in the center of the city.  Temples and other stone buildings are built into large squares within the city, whose broad streets, fountains and massive gardens tell of the city’s magnificence.

“It’s beautiful,” Ta’las says reverently.  “What is this place called?”

“Milkengrad.  You will find this woman and her companions in Milkengrad.”

Ta'las

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »

Alright I use Shaeo of you want, and yes my grammar is bad, I will work on it. She could be on the same ship as them, if that would work.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 5/28/05 1:30
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 09:54:22 AM »

@ Darien

Well I have two concerns with you.

First, integrating your character, as we really do not need more villans, and the fact that many of our characters don't seem the type to be excepting of some one like Darien. The characters are already pretty skiddish of others, I doubt your character would be able to gain sufficiant trust from them to want you with them. Honesly unless you can come up with some really good reasons they would except you, then I don't see it working from this angle.

Second is your roleplaying its self. Neither in my experiance with your RPing in Shadows (Though granted this is not much.), or your audition post show any significant signs of weaknesses, and to top it off I have for some time before now heard chatter of you over playing your character. This is a very big concern to me, as such, before I will seriously concider your character as an active member or even as in a guest appearance I would want to see a completed/finalized CD.

@Ta'las

Wow! This looks great! Even though I am trying to lean away from the adventurer type characters, I have to admit I really like this, and the integration idea within it. I will definatly have Talia look over it when she is back from her trip. With any luck, we will find a spot for you. :)  

@Tythle

That would work, but what would be her modivation for joining the group, and what modivation would she provide for them to except her?

@All

The final descission will likely not be made untill Talia has returned from her trip.

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 5/28/05 2:00
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »

hehe yes terra. But i was still a noob. And i do tend to overplay my character. But you judge me on something that happened a while ago. And did i not edit it immidiatly when i received bad critique....? Well for my cd... It as so many edits that still need to be done i'm working on it when i have the time. I just can't get it done faster. But for your issues i understand. Maybe if the time comes and you need a pearance of the mastervillain Darién or maybe the entire evil guild i pocess... Then you can let me know ;)  I'l be watching the evolvements around your cool story from a distance then.... :p  

*leaves the topic*  

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 01:23:22 AM »

@Darien

Yah, I hope you do not think I was being too harsh. Honestly I am looking for a relative quality in posts, but also the characters play a part in my descission as well. YOu may note that I stated the same problems with integration for The Ghost to Pikel, so I am definatly not trying to single you out.

Anyway, definatly work on your character and RPing, and if we ever need some excitment and drawing a blong on demons or their minions to face we will keep you and/or The Ghost in mind.

@Tythle

Tythle do you have an alternate mode of contact I can use to contact you other than posting? There have been some changes in the planned plotline, and if you are chosen I will need to discuss Shaeo's in for the story.

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 5/30/05 17:28
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]