Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Audions and Restrictions(No Spots Currently Available.)  (Read 12140 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 07:27:22 AM »

Thythle, could you do another trial post with Shaeo? The character would be quite nice, but your post above doesn't show your ability to write her well - though she knows how to use her bow.
And as terra already mentioned: why would she want to go with a group of weird travelors who bring themselves in danger every other day?

Ta'las, Shendar brother, you are in. You could use your post above as your intro, but it needs some changes (mostly things you probably can't know - lremeber doing your CD and me commenting ;)  )

Will comment it later (tomorrow ) though

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 09:50:22 AM »

Yes there is: you can email me or if you have MSN at :whisper_loud777@hotmail.com

Here is a post for Sheao: Shaeo walked up to the city, any possible wind in the area around the city in the plains bordering seemed to leave the elfess unruffled. Amiee, her shingar cat padded contently beside her, purring slightly, from a recent meal. Unusually long, black fingernails curled around a long staff, topped with a Eagle. The elfess approached the gate.

@Talia
And I was thinking that , Sheao would be bored out of her mind and ask to draw one of the characters in the story so far. If accepted she could hear their story, and feel the need to help anyway that she could.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 5/31/05 1:59
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 10:04:22 AM »

::Jumps into the air and shouts!::

Thanks guys!  :biggrin

I've looked over your most recent posts in the OOC section, so I'm spending the next little while reading up on the dwarves of Southern Sarvonia and the surrounding area.  It will be no problem to adjust my post so that the vision Ta'las sees is of some place near Tyr Donion (or as you deem appropriate).

Just FYI, I've been following Thalambath's Heart since becoming a member, and always hoped I'd have a chance to join this story in particular.  ;)  

Ta'las

Abigail Nightwatch
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 03:55:22 AM »

Hopefully it is not to terribly late to request joining. I also have two characters, though one is still submitting requests to join while the other is actively in a thread.

Abigail Nightwatch is a well rounded adventurer who is the daughter of a famed and loved hero, Barret Nightwatch. She has a fond affinity for her father yet wishes to step out of his shadow and reputation and into her own. She is very used to being recognized by her last name and wishes to uphold the family traditions that go along with it. She is currently being played in Bardavos.

Faulse Nightshadow is an oddly large elfven warrior well trained in the fighting of duel shamshirs, elven scimitar type weapons. He is foolishly brave and loyal to the core. There isn't much unique about Faulse besides his freakishly large size and hairstyle.

RPing example:
::As Abigail rode up to the city gates, taking in its monumental splendor as it loomed overhead, she caught a glance of a lilthe man in rags dashing out of the gates. In pursuit she noted three city guards, their armor clanging as their heavy steps pounded down the dirt road after the man.

Carefully assessing the situation she wondered if she should intervine, trying to recall quickly what she had heard of the guards and government within this particular city. In spite of herself she decided to go with her instincts and assist the local law, vowing to help the frail looking man if she would find out later her assesment was misjudged.

As the ragged man panted towards Abigail on her mount, she lept off her horse Fairfeather towards the man, hoping she'd timed it correctly to tackle the man and stop him in his tracks.::

And another, this one with Faulse as the example:

"What do you mean you won't sell to a 'rebel elf'? Are you trying to be funny or something, cracking jokes about my heritage?" Faulse fumed at the man behind the counter. He was growing irritated at the mans taunting remarks and deragative terms as Faulse had tried to barter with him. Now the man bluntly let the large elf know that he simply would not sell to him.::

::Faulse tried hard not to let his anger get the best of him, the last thing he wanted was to be entangled with the local law.::
"Curses if you aren't the only shop in town that sells what I need. I'll tell you what, despite the fact that I don't like you, I'm willing to offer you double your listed price for that gem."

Anything else just let me know or shoot me ann e-mail.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 06:25:22 AM »

Talia,

Just as a note, I talked to Abigail in IRC. I told her taht we are likely not excepting any new player, but that I would wait for you before I gave a definate yes or know.

I also think it might be a good idea to keep the auditions thread open so people can still audition for "Future Consideration" should we need more players in the future.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 12:39:22 AM »

Terra, are we not looking for a male/adventurer, somone along the lines of what Koldar used to be?  Or is Ta'las going to take that place.  Though, with his disposition, and no offense to Ta'las, but his character is not a knight/hero type of person.

I like Abigail's rping style.  If perhaps she comes up with a hero/knight type of person to replace Koldar, could she not then play?  Or is there someone I do not know about that has asled, but, either I have forgotten, or have not seen the request.

I leave the final decision up to Talia though.  As she seems to know more about what/who is needed than me.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 04:42:22 AM »

I posted already in the other thread - Faulse would not be bad, as kight however Morcanaan would be great, though I think ta'las is not far away from that role, why do you think he is different, Capher?

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 12:55:22 AM »

Talia, his CD states he likes to get along with people and he does not like to fight.  Does not a knight/warrior like to fight?

Of course Ta'las could be put in the postion of having to fight.  And he wants to learn.  So, yeah, he could be a somewhat Shendar warrior.  Or as I recall that is what he is trying to be, is it not?

As far as Morcaanan is concerned, what do you have in mind for him?

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 12:28:22 PM »

Capher, you are right in your assessment that Ta'las has a friendly disposition, and does not fit the archetypical role of a knight.  What he has yet to do is attain Second Reality - or  the "truth of his being" - and such.  This has nothing to do with skill in combat, but rather is a path of enlightenment.  

However, he is a skilled Shendar warrior - one does not slay a Rock Snake without having much skill.  When it is necessary, Ta'las will fill the warrior's role, though I also think it would be great if Morcanaan could join the story.

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 01:21:22 AM »

Thanks Ta'las for enlightening me on the Shendar's.  I guess I should read up more.

So Talia, what do you have in mind for Morcanaan?

Capher.

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 03:39:22 AM »

Talia invited me to join Thalambath's Heart. Seems like you guys are in need of a brownie char. Raspberry, my brownie char, is not yet approved, but he already has one mod approval. Do you need an example of me RPing as Raspberry, or will any example of my RPing ability do?

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 11:59:22 PM »

Of course we want Raspberry speaking.... ;)  

Raspberry Greenleaf
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 02:31:22 AM »

(OOC: This is an example of me RPing as Raspberry. Enjoy.;)  )

Raspberry awoke to the sound of giants stalking through the forest. Only humans could possibly make that much noise, and their racket was surely angering the spirits of the forest. Raspberry said a quick word of recognition to the spirit of the tree that was his home and called for his faithful companion, ooai ohah. The bird swooped down from the perch that he had found among the branches of the tree and peered quizzically at Raspberry.

"Don't look at me like that. You heard them as well as I did. Anyway, its about time you stretched your wings."

As he was speaking, Raspberry climbed onto the back of ooai ohah and held onto the bird's neck as he lifted off the ground. Raspberry laughed as he grinned in anticipation of the pranks he would play on the lumbering humans. He urged ooai ohah to land on the branch of a tree as a pair of humans came into sight. The first seemed to be the elder and his black hair was streaked with gray. The second human resembled him except he was several years younger.

"Father, are you sure that there are deer in these woods? We've been walking for hours and I'm tired."

"Be quiet son, your whining will scare away the deer."

Raspberry smiled as he realized how easy these men would be to fool. He raised his voice as high as he possibly could and spoke to the humans that walked below.

"I am the spirit of the forest," he called in a haunting voice.

Raspberry urged ooai ohah to fly to another tree and spoke again, but this time he was directly behind the humans.

"You do not belong here."

The humans began to look around, but the voice continued to come from different directions. Raspberry was flying from one tree to the next after each haunting statement.

"Leave my forest forever or face the wrath of the living dead."

The mention of the undead sent the humans into a panicked flight and they ran as fast as their legs could carry them. They had no desire to hunt in a haunted forest. As soon as they disappeared from sight, Raspberry burst out in high-pitched peals of laughter.  

Edited by: Raspberry Greenleaf at: 7/25/05 18:49
Raspberry Greenleaf
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 03:35:22 AM »

Just thought I would mention that I've played in Bardavos, Nyermersys, and Shadows at Midnight as Erian Melor. I've also played in Voldar and the Journey as Thraz the Mighty.:biggrin  

Raspberry Greenleaf
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »

Just thought I would mention that this char has been approved.;)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]