Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Audions and Restrictions(No Spots Currently Available.)  (Read 11960 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 07:35:22 PM »

Ok, Erian, let's ask the others if they think you could lead us to a dwarf...

and ormally, the humans are not this easily scared away, you have to find some more ideas! Don't you think, the father would not have noticed the bird flying around??

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 10:17:22 PM »

That was the first thing that came to mind when I was trying to think of a good prank. Hopefully, I can be more original in the future.:biggrin  

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 12:49:22 AM »

Seems OK to me.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 02:33:22 AM »

I approve also.

Capher.

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 06:41:22 AM »

I'd like to join in your story now that I've returned.
I've played in a couple of stories that I don't remember the names of. One such is now story #15 in the archives. I also played in as much as ran Search for the Fire Gem.

Here is an example of my roleplay....

*Walks on behind the group, weary of an uncanny silence from behind as well as infront. A thought runs through his mind and, by reflex, broadcast out to any with in a close proximity.

Something doesn't seem right here. I'm ready for whatever I may face, even if it may be my own death, but what about the others. Do they deserve to face this peril now. Do they realize they could die. Something about that one, Kala, strikes me as odd. She seems almost familiar to me now that I think about it. My quest may end here, unresolved. My family missing. That man was too strong for me then, but I was only a child. I couldn't protect my sister like I promised my father I would. I never saw him again. I didn't even live up to my last words to him. My mother dissappeared with father. I cannot die here. Not now, not until I have some answers to my questions. Let me find this mage, I'll show him what a Darkchild really is. He'll regret the day I got involved.

*A faint whisper enters his head
It's been along time Sinen. I'm not sure where you are, but when you have time come to me. It would please me more than anything to be with you again my love.

*mumbles to himself

Could it really be? Alia, my love, are you just a figment of my imagination or are you real?  

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 08:33:22 PM »

Sorry Sinen, I should have changed the forum titled earlier, but we have more than enough players currently, some still waiting patiently till they can join. Maybe at a later time?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 11:53:30 PM »

Here my many objections against a joining of the Twen character or another character in general at the current point. The arguments are not necessarily in the order of their importance:

The ideal number for an active group is 8, at least that is what I learned here on the board. We have already that number, with Aminah we are even 9. Every additional character will make it much more complicated to interact in a way which ends not in chaos (unless we part again which I did not intent just now) and will restrict future choices where we might actually need urgently a special type of char who is not only played as NPC.

Let's look at our group:

Terra, human, fighter
Talia, human, (fighter)
Teri, halfelf, (fighter)
Tulpje, Brownie, ??
Aminah, Mindsmoother

Ta'las, human, fighter
Morcanaan, human, fighter
Kenriil, Hobbit, (fighter)
Capher, human/dragon,

Too many fighters. A mage may have other qualities of fight which we would like to have, but is nevertheless a fighter. 

We have already five pretty women. Do we really need another extremely pretty woman? I would even go so far to say, she is too pretty, to shiny etc and does not really fit to our wornout group wandering the forests. „ Deep crimson robes with gleaming stars in the fabric’s depths are draped over her agile form. They surge to rest upon the ground, with but an occasional hint of her nimble feet in low soft boots revealed beneath the flowing attire. Thirteen nor’sidian bracelets line Twen's petite left wrist, each bracelet twisted and perverse with necromantic runes. To those accustomed to such things, her posture is that of a lady use to noble gatherings.“
Would the group even consider to take her along? Of course, there can always be constructed a reason why.
 If we have to add another group member, I would prefer someone totally different, well, somebody UGLY!
(Tulpje, did I ever tell you, that I adore Simonne? Beauty lies in simple persons!)

Having a mage with us, seems a good idea, but are there not other charactertypes we would need much more urgently? Maybe a pickpocket? Or someone who knows the Tandalas, once we are there? A healer? We would need a dwarf once we are up in the mountains... I wished Brenna would be not just a NPC. (Though I would prefer a male dwarf)

To stay with the mage and this is I think the point which is the most important:  As I said, it sounds good to have some magical assistance, but a FIREmage? No. Look at our story - we were fighting the Demon Lord of the Fire  himself and he will be our (or one of our) persecutor(s) in the future. Would the group then allow a mage who deals with this essence to join the group easily? I think Talia would be horrified the whole way up to the Tandalas , she would always see a possible connection between her (the mage)  and the demon lord. (Well, that could make up an interesting story, but I'm not sure Talia would be strong enough to face that).

If we say we really need a powerful mage once we are there, would not a different type work better, preferable a water/icemage to fight the fire, or, as the poem hints:

„Earth will assist and Wind will help,“, a windmage perhaps . Of course this could be changed, but „Fire will help“ does not make much sense when we are fighting this element.

Well, a last not very convincing argument – I always think we should give room to new players and not give the chance to join an old player who had already the opportunity to join a fair deal of good stories, but I understand also, that it is tempting to invite friends who are known to be excellent roleplayers. But again - there are many out there who would like to join as well.

I know, there were other arguments which crossed my mind at night, but I can't recall them now.

I know there are of course counterarguments, I wait for them.

A last thing - I think it is only fair to give aminah her own time to integrate in the group before another charakter appeaars which takes away the undivided attention.

I have an idea how we could open the heart to other players, I will set up a new thread for it.

Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:48 AM »

Well Talia, I can see many valid points in what you have mentioned above. Although I think there are a few key factors you seem to have overlooked. Twen's magical strengths do not lay in combative uses of fire magic and in truth one of her greatest strengths is healing. For a mage of her level and training she would probably be considered 'weaker' than most when it comes down to combative uses.

When you look over the elements and their usages in healing related arts, fire is one of the greatest in this regard, at least physically. Wind is quite powerful in healing the mind and I could see how this might be more useful to the party as a whole, then again I am not sure what the mods are seeking.

Though I do think placing Twen in a 'fighter' role is a bit premature once you read her magic/personality sections. It clearly states this is not an area of intense study for her. True some of those skills are available to her but her skills lay in other areas of fire.

In truth fighting fire with fire is probably a valid option. The only other type of magic that would have a greater advantage against fire magic might be a water mage. But a fire mage is just as good at ridding the world of fire as they are at creating it. 

If indeed the party is full and that is everyone's determination I would hope that you keep me in mind if there are any future openings. As Talia mentioned about a pickpocket rogue type character I have one of those I would love to play here as well. Just drop me a PM if there is any one of my characters that might interest you all.
~Sincerely~
Cáo fá cár'tuulén:Twen Araerwen
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:01:01 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 01:34:29 AM »

Ok Talia, since the other thread was closed and the subject matter went somewhat unaddressed. I will leave others to explore there for details. Though you do raise a concern for me that seems to go beyond an open debate and into the personal. Upon my arrival here to discuss my entry you clearly told me that all players here are moderators, outside of one.

Then suddenly when I make a clear and precise rebuttal of your statements you claim supremacies with no need for clarifications. Since it appears that your only goal is to have all things your way irregardless of the dishonesty you need to utter to make it so. Coddle your illusions, hold them close for one day you might find they are all you have.

I was invited here, not some random wanderer to be sent about my way. I suppose invitations aren't what they use to be, unless this is a punch the dummy party. Which needed a new target .... me. I prefer to RP with open and honest people that have a sense of caring for those around them. I can only take so many public insults before common sense tells me I am not wanted. Bye everyone!   
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:02:42 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 02:43:21 AM »

To say the least, I am not impressed at how this was handled at all. At some point, I feel a chat with the 'moderators' of this story is going to be needed. If there is truly only one moderator (a decision maker), then I need to be told so I can make adjustments to the boards.

Obviously, with four moderators, there should be a 'majority' rule in place, but there is obviously not. If people only have the title of 'moderator' for mere convenience, the process of allowing new players in by so called 'voting' is only teasing your players and confusing the administration. Now, I need some clear answers as to what is actually going on in this story overall.

Talia, it wasn't closed and I feel it is still open and I just wish you would try to make an effort to understand those other than yourselves in such instances. I believe you perfectly know what I meant and in the context of what I meant, as it has been brought to you before in the past.

All Moderators let me know when the best time to discuss the issues which have presented themselves.

Sincerely,
~Kalina Merenwen
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:47:43 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 03:36:38 AM »

I closed this other thread out of good reasons and I said why.

I don't want to have all things my way, that is  an unfair accusation. We have several mods to make life easier, but so far it was Capher first and than me who took the responsibility to carry the story on. Terra jumped in as mod as Capher was away and I wanted Teri to be able to handle the board as well.

Twen, yes, you have been invited, but it was wrong not to ask me as well in the first place. I don't know, why you are now again feel insulted, just because I think it is better not to discuss it now?

Kalina, when I say, I don't be sure what you mean, then it is exactly so. I can only give some good guesses what you mean, they might be correct, they might not.
We surely don't need you now to discuss that this issue. The members of the Heart are well cabable to do this on their own.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 03:48:55 AM »

Part of being an Administrator is to make sure *everyone* is on the same page, which is evident people are not here. I want to make sure the administration and the story mods are on the same page, per *my* job and responsibility of *my* position.

It is obvious the embarrassment and insulting of numerous people are at hand here, just because one person got all huffy and puffy because they had some *personal* issues with the decision. It is not something I wish for people to have to go through again for one reason or another. And, I will wait to hear from the other moderators, as you consider them moderators as well - before any final decision is made.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:32 AM »

Though I usually do not use the IRC as an Admin has asked us to somehow get together and have a chat I will be willing to try and be online at the appropriate time and place to resolve this issue.

If I would have known that this would have caused such a problem, I would have never invited Twen. I am sincerely sorry Twen for putting you in this position.

As I stated before I am also am sincerely apologetic to Talia for not waiting for her opinion, however as stated before, I thought majority ruled, though I do understand you wanting to have Aminah with the group first and integrated with us before we would add another character.

As far as who has "senority" around here as far as the mods are concerned; I always thought that all of us had and should have a say so in not only how the story progressed, but also how the characters progressed and who or who we may or may not allow in, in the future.  In simple terms a "Collaborative group, instead of one or two major mods and the others minor. 

As far as I am concerned we each should have a say so on whatever happens to the story or the characters, though I am the creator, Talia took it and enriched it far beyond my expectations when I was ill or unavailable for long periods of time; something I will never ever forget nor ever find the words to thank her for, and then when the other mods stepped in, it even helped more inho. As the saying goes; "Many hands make work short" or something like that.

Anyway, if there is a need for us to get together then let us choose a time and place.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »

Capher, of course we have always asked every member if he or she is ok with an addition to our group. So far there were no discrepancies. I do think however, even if we say, that what the majority thinks is good there should be a discussion first before a vote takes place and the right for a veto for members who are with the group a given amount of time. The joining of Twen was not discussed, no pro or contras considered.

I still think, we should wait some time till we discuss this - and we should do this in private, via group email. I will NOT take part in any discussion where other persons are present than members of our group, for I think they should not have a word here, being admin or not, especially not ones who are not unbiased.

I will not post in this thread further, I should not have posted  openly in the first place. I think email is the best way to communicate now, for in an IRC chat not much more can be said and I'm not good in writing  proper Englisch quickly, nor is this a good way to bring arguments across again which are already on the table.

Again, I think we should stop now and here and postpone the issue till all can think clearer again. Then we can talk about the story, how to progress it and whom to take in if needed.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 08:20:17 AM »

What is it with you and waiting to discuss, Talia? Or is it your way of just hoping everyone will just forget about it and move on with their lives until it happens again? I did *not* mean in the open by any means, and am slightly insulted you would think so little of me to even consider it an option, or little of me to be able to deal with this issue at hand, because it *is* an issue and it is part of my responsibility, being a mod of this story or not. Get used to my occasional interference Talia. It has and will happen.

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]