Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Gorge  (Read 36478 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2007, 09:42:17 AM »

Once they have hauled 'Teri up onto the ledge, Ta'las helps undo her bindings, and then eases the elf into Morcaanan's arms.  "We are most fortunate you arrived when he did," he says quietly.  "We must warm her up quickly."

Ta'las goes over to his pack and removed a few pieces of the wood he had collected before entering the caves.  They will only have enough wood for one more torch - he hopes they will soon be out of here.  Quickly, the Shendar lights a small fire, and beckons Morcaanan and 'Teri to join him.  As he works, he looks over at Kenrill and hopes that Eden is able to heal the little halfling.  Once he is finished with the fire, he draws out his aka'pis blanket from his pack, which he hands to 'Teri.

He rises and joins Eden and Kenrill, his face now creased with concern.  "Can I be of help?" he asks the dwarf.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2007, 02:46:40 AM »

Capher feeling stronger with each step quickens it and soon sees the cave entrance. He also sees something else.  He sees Garrek and his elves run out of the cave.  His first thought was, I hope nothing happend to my friends then he thought of the 'Heart' and he sent his thoughts out and immediately sensed the Jewel.  Garrek did have it! And if it were not for his uncontrollable power he might have had it in his hands now.  He thought of giving chase, but realized they were too far ahead of him and besides his friends came first.  He and Garrek will meet again, of that he was sure of.  The man wanted to know what he was carrying and only Capher knew the true power of what Garrek had stolen.
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2007, 03:43:07 AM »

Instinctively, Morcaanan wrapped his arms around 'Teri and grunted a reply to Ta'las: "Seems as if I was closer to being late than anything else." The time for explanations as to his "fortunate" appearance would come later.
Wordlessly, he picked 'Teri up in his arms and carried her to the fire, and then took the aka'pis blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders and torso. It would be better if they could remove her wet clothing to prevent her from being further chilled, but he hesitated to suggest the idea - maybe when Talia was free for a moment.
"I'll tend the fire" he said to Ta'las needlessly, more to fill the void of silence than anything else. He looked at 'Teri again, eyes full of concern, and removing some small wrappings from his satchel, began to clean and wrap the cuts on her wrists. "How do you feel? Are you injured anywhere else?" he asked, voice tight.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »

Morcaanan. Who else? He had been there last time she was in danger, and he is here again. She holds on to him, clings to him, until for a moment he wanders away. Her eyes fill with tears as he returns, and at the first available moment, she takes his hand. It is warm, of course; strong, yet gentle. She fights back tears as she regains full consciousness, her lip quivering slightly. It takes effort to move slowly, first because of the warmth, and then simply because of his presence as she draws the hand she has captured up to her chin, then her cheek.

"Jeharaid", she whispers, ever so softly, looking longingly up to him; and after a brief pause, managing to blur the meaning of that one word with a more mouthed than even breathed, "Thank you."

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »

Eden glances at Talia and then to Ken, rushing to their side when the others took Teri's wellbeing into their own hands. She looks at the little man, then to the woman. "My god is a benevolent one, but no healer. And my skills as a tender of the ill are of no high regard. I may have some herbs with me to wake him up and renew some spirit, but nothing of sincere value."

Eden sits and contemplates for a long moment, staring at Kenril. Placing a warm, clammy hand on his cheek, then his brow, and finally feeling his lifebeat. It was slow and weak, but steady. The dwarf dug back into her memories. In her time of training among the clergy, she was obligated to spend some time among the hospitals. Mostly collapse victims, blisters, callouses and other mine related injuries. But there was one time...

"Chill!" she hissed to herself in a final realization. "It may not be much help, but be wary not to heat them too quickly. I recall in winter... a group of our explorers came in from the peaks one day. One of them was near death with the cold. They told us... not to warm him too quickly. If the cold strikes their heart like thunder, it may freeze. Direct the heat gradually on their chest!"

Glancing around, Eden suddenly takes charge. "We need a fire. And some boiling water." Pulling a pot from her pack, she rests it on the ground for somebody to fill.
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2007, 01:35:40 AM »

For a moment, Morcaanan froze, eyes locked with her. Her cheek was cool under his his hand, her touch was delicate. When she said his name, he began to tremble slightly, almost overcome in a strange rush of emotion. He slipped the hand on her face around her shoulders and clutched her to his chest, wrapping her into tight, protective embrace.

"Forgive me for leaving" he whispered. I was a fool."

He held her for another long moment, then kissed her forehead. "We'll speak later, I promise." Then, becoming businesslike again, he finished the bindings on her wrists. "Stay warm. Change out of your wet clothing as soon as you can, or you'll continue to lose heat."
He overheard the dwarf say something about a fire, and frowned. "It's still burning" he said to her, "but how much wood do you have available?" Even as he spoke, another thought came to mind and he glanced over at the body of the fallen Jhellrhim.
I'll have to see him he thought. Might not be dead just yet, though it's unlikely he lived. Even so, maybe we can find out something from his person - and collect his weapons for ourselves.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:36:29 AM by Morcaanan » Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

"I fear there is not much wood left," Ta'las replies with a frown.  "We will have to keep the flames burning low if we wish to have the fire last through the night."

There was little wood left in his pack, though with the fire they had going they should be able to boil a full pot of water.  The Shendar grabbed the pot and briefly lay down on his belly.  The river was not so far, and he was lean and tall enough, that he was able to fill it by stretching himself out.   Once he had the pot filled with water he sets it over the flames until the water comes a boil.  He wraps his cloak around his hands to protect them from the heat, and gingerly pulls the pot from off the fire.

"I have your water, Eden," Ta'las says and sets the pot down.  He upwraps the cloak from his hands and puts his cloak back on.  He watches the dwarf carefully as she works, and assists whenever she needs it, but occasionally he finds his mind wandering over what has just transpired.

Capher's shape-shifting was terrifying, and the Shendar is quite shaken by his friend's powers.  He is uncertain how he will react when - or if - they meet Capher again.  Then there is Morcaanan's return.  Of all that has just happened, Ta'las sees this as a blessing, and thanks Seyella.  When Ta'las should have been vigilant, he let down his guard.  Then, there was his failed gamble with Garrek, which nearly cost Kenrill and 'Teri their lives.  It is only because of Morcaanan's timely arrival that his two friends are alive.

Finally, he glances over at Lady Terra and Talia.  He has heard Lady Terra's turmoil during the battle, and the changes it caused in her.  Ta'las fears for her emotional state and desires very much to console Terra, but once again Talia is there to support her friend.  The Shendar is not pleased with himself, but when he looks down at Kenrill's pale little face, he knows there is at least one person he can help.

"Lady Eden, what can I do next?" he asks quietly.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2007, 12:31:33 AM »

Capher quickly reached the cave entrance and hid behind a bush waiting for the other elf to come out.  Finally, he could not wait much longer and decided that either the elf had escaped before he saw Garrek and the others or his friends had dispatched him.

He entered the cave.  It was soon pitch black, but in the near distance he could hear noise.  It was either his friends or the other elf.  Capher went forward to see what was what. 

The path twisted and turned but it was wide and solid.  He came upon them suddenly; Morcaanan was holding Teri, Ta'las and Eden were attending Ken and Talia and Terra were huddled next to the wall.  He saw a small fire with a pot of water over it.  He knew the fire would soon go out.

He walked into their presence. "That fire will go out quickly and this damp cave is no place for Teri or Ken or for that matter any of us.  The way to the valley is not far. I suggest we grab everything we can and get out into the valley.  The sun is high and warm.  I know that you probably have questions about my behavior before, but that can wait until after we are in the Valley and in the sunshine," he said authoritively.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2007, 05:13:01 AM »

"Mommy, why do I feel all scared and trapped inside?"

ask Terra, who has her head on Talia‘s shoulder, sobbing. Eden has rushed to Kenriil and tends to him, Morcaanan and Ta‘las have succeeded in saving Teri out of the freezing water and look after her, so Talia is not forced to abandon Terra.

She wipes her tears away, desperately looking for a piece of cloth for her nose and finally takes her sleeve to get rid of the moistness. Carefully she strikes over Terra‘s head, trying to push the wisps out of her face. Talia tells herself that she has to be strong now. Though she still trembles inside, she tries to speak with a clear voice:

„Terra, my dear, you are growing. Not your body, you are growing inside and that often hurts. And that is what scares you. You feel trapped, because you can‘t see now, what will come. But think, a butterfly which is still inside in it‘s caterpillar hull feels trapped too. and what for a beautiful butterfly comes out eventually. It will be better once we are with the Brownies. I doubt, that all will be good, you will still have to fight for your freedom like everybody else. But always remember, you do have friends who will help you. “

Talia is still holding Terra when Capher arrives, the old Capher she has met in the Thirsty Herald, and he nearly „commands“ them out of their dark and wet place.

Softly Talia gets away from Terra,  still holding her hand. But then she runs over to Capher and hugs him tightly, whispering „Capher“ , glad to have him back. She just puts aside in this moment, that he has turned to a demon not a half an hour ago. Seems she is used to it already!

Capher! You are here again!“

Looking around she merely states:

We need to carry Ken, Ta‘las, could you do this, and Morcaanan Teri?““

And with a little smile she says towards Morcaanan.

„Welcome back, Jeheraid!““

She goes back to Terra, takes her hand and pulls her forward.

„See, Capher is back and all other problems will be solved as well with the help of the gods. Hasn‘t Urtengor helped us already? “

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »

Terra seem consoled by Talia's embrace, and even more so by her words.

"Really mommy?"

Then at Caphers words Talia pushes away, Terra would have grappled on to Talia if she had not held Terra's hand for that brief moment. Terra is pinned in place by fear at remembering Capher, her "daddy", turn into a big mean pain demon, but then Talia pulls her forward affirming what she told her earlier telling her that she will have to fight for her freedom, that she had friends that would help her grow up, even the gods would help her to!

As she is drawn nearer to Capher, Terra's fear fades and the pangs of fear and worry she had felt for him give may to the utter glee of seeing him again. Terra releases Talia's hand and runs the short distance left between her and Capher, it was but a few strides for Terra but it seems to her like her legs had pumped forever to close the Distance. Meeting him she throws her arms around him tears of joy in her eyes and screams in glee.

"Daddy! Mommy said you would come back. I was soo worried. I was scared to but mommy said I am growing inside like a caterpillar growing into a butterfly. It still scares me a little, and it hurts to like she says. Isn't mommy smart?"
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »

When Capher returns, Ta'las is uncertain whether to draw his blades or welcome the old man.  He has never seen a demon before, and though he does not fear battle, seing someone he trusts turn into one was disconcerting.  Both Talia and Lady Terra do not seem frightened of the old wizard, so the Shendar keeps his thoughts to himself.  He glances over at Morcaanan to gauge the warrior's reaction, and then turns his attention back to Kenrill.

"I will carry him, Talia, but we will need to light the rest of the way."  He draws the last piece of wood from his pack, and holds it to the fire until it begins to burn.  "Can you please hold the torch, Shendar-sister?" he asks, and passes her the torch.

He grunts as he gently lifts the halfling off the ground, surprised by how much Kenrill weighs.  "If the way is not far, then let us go," he says to Capher.  "We have at least one more among us who will need the healing powers of the brownies."  Ta'las begins to head down the path, but stops and looks back at Terra.  "Lady Terra, would you mind walking with me?  I would enjoy your company."

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »

At Capher's arrival, Morcaanan tensed and watched warily. But who was he to judge? He had not done them harm yet - no reason not to keep trusting him, not yet.

He smiled at Talia in response to her welcome; he raised an eyebrow at Terra's strange behaviour - why did he have the feeling that this group was going to pieces? Capher was turning into monsters on a whim, Terra was squealing like a little girl, Talia was pampering her like a mother, they had taken a child into their ranks and let him get nearly killed by a warrior elf (he hadn't examined the little figure too closely, so it must have been a child)...Inthadin help them all! Was Ta'las the only one left who was sane? He had no idea about the dwarf, maybe their was some sanity there too. As for 'Teri, he was quite certain she was mentally sound, if not physically. And as for any damage to her emotions, I guess I am the only one to blame there. Hopefully I shall set that to rights soon.
He stepped over to the fallen elf and examined him quickly. Quite dead. He picked up the elf's sword and and unbuckled the belt and scabbard off of the body; he sheathed the sword and looped the whole thing over a shoulder, then rummaged the elf's clothes - not because he was a scavenger, but because he wanted information.
The elf was well armed, the sword was of good make, but there was no money on his person.
Aloud he said to no one in particular "He didn't come cheap, but he wasn't very trusted by his employer and he wasn't paid yet." He shoved the body into the river with a booted foot. "The next time I see his employer, I swear he won't leave my sight alive of his own free will."
He turned back to Teri and picked her up, eyes full of concern and longing. When he had settled her comfortably in his arms, he smiled at her and followed behind Ta'las.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:31:08 PM by Morcaanan » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2007, 02:02:02 AM »

Capher is more than surprised when suddenly Talia comes and hugs him and welcomes him back. Capher hugs her back and smiles at her. Then before he could speak, Terra comes and throws her arms around him, almost knocking him off his feet.  She calls him daddy and Talia mommy. She talks about being scared, and she was talking like a young child.

Capher frowned; The struggle inside Terra's mind is just beginning. If we do not find the brownies fast we may lose the Terra we have come to know, he thought.

Capher's eyes met Talia's. "Mommy is very smart, Terra. Now why don't you go with Ta'las there and help him with Ken. Mommy and Daddy will be right behind you."

Capher saw the suspicion is Ta'las's eyes and Morcaanan's but they both said nothing; Ta'las picked up Ken and a torch and led the way.  He wondered what they were thinking, but he could guess and he held no grudge; If he had seen what they had just seen he would be a bit suspicous himself.

He looked at Eden and briefly wondered what she thought. "Eden, I think you should follow Talia who should follow Ta'las, Ken and Terra, after that should go Morcannan and Teri and I will come last.  Ta'las, there are several turns and twists and then the opening into a large valley surrounded by trees, the river is running near its banks."

As Morcaanan passed him, "Thank you and welcome back. Without your timely help, all would have been lost, I am afraid."
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2007, 12:00:46 PM »

'Teri is surprised when Morcaanan lifts her. It isn't that she can't walk - or maybe she can't. Her legs feel like weights at the end of her torso, and she decides that this is best. With a pleasant smile she wraps her arms around his neck, and cuddles against him. Maybe she will try walking, with help, once they're back into the sunshine.

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »

You should have been there.

I often think life should begin with just such a sentence. Enticing, yet not revealing. Said with a smile, so you know that whatever "there" was, you really did want to be there, because if someone else was smiling afterwards, so should you.

But afterlife, that's different. I'm standing, looking at me. There I am off to my right, and off to my left. I'm looking myself in the eyes, now, and asking, "Was it worth it?"

"Probably," I reply. "But then, I think I died, so I don't know."

"If I'm dead, how are the others? The elven girl, she was going to freeze to death. What about Talia? Did the elf-guy that showed up ever get an answer? What happened to Capher, who was on the wrong side? What about Terra, who I'm pretty sure was having a mental breakdown because of who-knows-why. Did they kill the one that had me? I guess Ta'las must have fought pretty hard if any of them survived at all. I didn't really do anything, did I?"

I realize just now that I'm simply standing there, looking impatiently at myself. Good heavens, I've been so busy talking that I haven't been able to speak.

Finally, I'm responding, "I could go back and find out. Maybe I'm not clear dead; heck, maybe I'm still alive enough to keep up the fight. Is it worth a try?"

"What happens if I say no? I'm just curious."

"You don't say no."

"Yes. Now, I remember I was being held by the elf, and I was going to strike him down, so..."

The last few sentences are muttered as he lay in Ta'las' arms, and suddenly the halfling springs to life. His eyes pop open, he hammers Ta'las a hard left to the jaw, grasps about for his blade before seeing it back by where the fight was, kicks Ta'las quickly in the left shin and makes a dash for his shortsword.

Closer, closer- there! Ken scoots to a sudden stop, jumps from the near laying position stopping has brought him to with his sword in hand, and begins to charge at Ta'las, only to stop after a few more steps, huffing and puffing as he recognizes his victim.

"Oh! Ta'las, what happened! I thought you were the red elf I was about to disembowel! That's where I was last I remembered, and I'm not sure how fast time passes when you're dead. I haven't been dead long, you know."

The blade is sheathed across his back, where it belongs, as he jogs up to be with the rest of the group. "I see 'Teri's alright. I hope she didn't freeze. Wow; we sure got taken by surprise. If only I'd have been a little sharper. I could have hidden for a bit and snuck up on him! I could have... little pieces... fruits and potatoes..."

Ken's eyes glaze over, his face grows, if possible, a little more pale, and his steps slow, until eventually he stops, staring at nothing. Within a few seconds, he faints, his body unable, due to loss of blood, to recover from his sudden activity.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]