Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Gorge  (Read 36479 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »

Terra does as she is told happily with only an "Okay daddy.", then skips off to join Ta'las. Ta'las himself seems to Terra little more than a small boy the same age as her frame of mind. Coming along side him, she looks at his face blushes, then looks at the ground infront of her giggling.

"Hi. Why do you call me lady?"

Then suddenly the little one comes to life, starts punching and kicking at Ta'las and scuries away.

"Hay! Don't hurt Ta'las!"

Terra screams as she looks at the little one who then begins jabbering. She looks back at Ta'las innocent worry on her face.

"Ta'las are you okay?"

She blushes again looking at the ground before her.

"I think you're cute."
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2007, 02:05:15 AM »

Talia takes the torch from Ta‘las and follows him. She worries about Terra. Is this something the Brownies can heal,  this disorder of her mind? Now she doesn‘t block her unknown past as she did before but found another escape - she is gone back to her youth, denying her future now in another way.

They have only went along the path for a few blinks, when KenriiL in Ta‘las arms come to consciousness, jumps out of his arms and tries to fight - as if he hadn‘t been nearly dead for the last minutes. But before he can do any major damage (apart from this sudden punch on his chin), he faints again.

This whole short happening was somehow a funny sight - Ta‘las surprised face, Kenriil talking pondering about philosophical things, so that Talia can‘t but smile, though she tries to hide it from Ta‘las.

„Shendar brother , does it hurt?“ she asks „Just think that maybe he will defend you as vigourously next time a fight arises like he has attacked you just now. He will always be good for a surprise and that can change a situation in our favour!

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »

The Shendar blushes when Terra asks him why he calls her 'lady', and tries to stammer something about respect, just as Kenrill jumps out of his arms, and belts him in the face.  After a kick to his shin, which fortunately is protected by his rahaz-estar armor and his tall boots, the halfling falls to the ground unconscious again.

"Ow."   He rubs his jaw to make sure he has not lost any teeth, and though he is not bleeding a lot, his chin is throbbing.  He wipes the blood from his lower lip and addresses both Terra and Talia.  "My jaw is not broken, but Kenrill is quite strong, and it will hurt for a time."

He looks down at the little halfling and puts his hands on his hips.  "But I will not leave myself so exposed next time."  This time, instead of cradling Kenrill like a child, he lifts him over his shoulder so Kenrill's arms hang down over his back and his feet over his upper torso.  Ta'las laughs a little and glances back at Talia - he has seen her sheepish smile and finds the whole situation quite funny as well.  "Yes, Shendar-sister, he has spirit and speed, and a good heart.  I think he just needs a little tutoring."

As he continues down the passage, following the twists and turns Capher mentioned earlier, he looks over at Lady Terra, uncertain how to respond to her newfound 'youth', except to smile.  He even blushes a little at her comment about his appearance.  "That is very kind of you, Lady Terra."

Ahead of them, daylight becomes visible and he breaths a sigh of relief.  "We are almost out of the caverns.  It will be nice to be outside again."

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »

Terra giggles at Ta'las response and gives him an innocent smile, then becomes excited at the sight of light again.

"I don't like it in here. It's all cold and scary in here."

She then looks back at Talia and Capher excited about the prospect of being outside again.

"Can me and Ta'las play when we camp?"

Within her mind, Terra struggles against the torrent in her mind, barely able to keep her head above the water long enough to get a short precious breath. She remains only vaguely aware of her physical self, she knows she is moving but not how, and is unaware that a younger form of herself is in control.
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »

"Maybe, Old Wolf. Maybe."
He was about to continue when the child jumped out of the Shendar's arms and ran to pick up a sword; it was then, and only then, did he realize it wasn't a child.
He'd never seen a halfling, but he'd heard of them, so he correctly guessed that this was one. Interesting - if slightly unnerving to see the strange gaggle of folk that this party was made up of.

As they walked towards daylight, his mind strayed away from the group, and he found himself thinking mostly of the elf in his arms; they had had so little time together, but the way she smiled at him and snuggled into his embrace told him he hadn't been wrong in coming back. He tightened his hold on her a little more.

He was distracted again by the childish babbling of Terra. He remembered Terra as being cool, collected - almost the leader of the group when he had first encountered them. Now...

"Old Wolf" he whispered. "When we've settled camp, I'd like you to tell me what's happened on your road here - I've had some very good clues, you people left something of a trail - but I'd like it to be confirmed. And...see how it bears on the condition of some of your comrades." He glanced at Terra as he spoke this last part.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2007, 01:09:11 AM »

Capher's right eyebrow lifted in response to being called "Old wolf" by Morcannan.  Capher thought about it and recalled that the last time he or they had any contact with Morcannan he had turned into a wolf, so it made sense that Morcannan would call him that.

Capher smiled at the thought, and then replied to Morcannan's request. "I will gladly tell you all that I can."

He looked thoughtfully at Terra. "Her mind is trying to mend, but it is going in the wrong direction," he whispered to himself.

He looked at Morcannan. "Some of us need healing. That is why we are here. Why are you here and where did you come from?" Capher asked, then amended the tone in his voice. "Do not construe my questions as being hostile. I am grateful that you showed up. I am just curious as to why and now?"

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:19 AM »

Eden nods to Capher and begins packing up her things to leave. Noticing a precious red spice on the rock ledge, the cleric sighs. "That had been a gift..." she mutters quietly to herself, knowing that trying to salvage the stuff was hopeless. Her pack rattled and clanged as she heaved it up onto her shoulders. Glancing up, the dwarf notices that everybody but herself has already set off, some being carried by others, a select few babbling cheerfully. Watching the party walk off, the dwarf contemplated leaving. She was not one of them. They had each other, and was that not enough? Her eyes drifted to the young couple, a man carrying a woman that clutched him tightly. They had already built their relationships. The dwarf here was too late.

The cleric turns her head to the side, down to the rushing river. Suddenly, she recalls that the bridge is out. Even if she wanted, her way is lost. Urtengor had sworn that bridge steady. Had He intended its collapse?

The little halfling's voice reverberated off the rock walls and Eden's head shot up. The group was near out of sight by now, and her short legs pumped after them. Wherever they were going, Eden would follow them there. If Urtengor blessed her journey, she had no reason to be wary.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]