Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Gorge: OOC  (Read 34074 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« on: June 21, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

A decision about current season is still needed!

Kenriil and everyone else who wants to do a last post in the old thread, please do so! Except from Ken none are needed though.

I think we have lost Z'doth. He was not here for a while nor did he answer to my mails concerning Twilight, where he played Vince Dark. So I'm for writing him out. The best opportunity will be, when we arrive at the gorge which leads in the vale. That is probably not a place he likes to go in.

I read the desription of the vale in the brownie entry several times, but didn't get a clue, how the entrance really looks like, so I'm just making up something - thinking at a gorge you can pass in the Alpes.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:07:38 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 01:56:23 AM »

Well if I recall correctly when we started this journey back in Strata, it was early spring, or at least that is how I wanted it to be.  So given the amount of time that has passed I would say it is either late summer, or at the very worst, late fall.

That is my two sans worth.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »

:lol  Why then, did we take three years to get to this place?

Question: Is the path broad enough to take our animals with us, or should we try to keep them outside? Zdoth could watch over them while we are here.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

Has it been that long???  I guess RL time goes faster than Santh time.

I believe that if we get off our animals, and lead them we can pass through the gorge.  However that makes us all vulnerable to attack from above or even around corners.  It could make for some interesting events; Garrek could perhaps set up an ambush, or we could possibly be trapped by a rock slide, and have to find our way around it or over it.  Many different scenarios could happen.

Or we could just think all that and just make it through the gorge and into the vale, to speed things along.  It is up to all of you what you want to do.  Talia? what are your thoughts?

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »

Well, the gorge I was thinking of (Partnachklamm) would not allow an aj through, maybe a pony. I just thought , that it might be quite low, for it is a Brownie way. No big rockslides either, for it is most times more a tunnel carved into the rock.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:38:23 PM »

Ah, and I was thinking more like a gorge cut out by water.

Ok, if that is your thinking then I believe leaving our animals with Z'doth at the mouth and walking in would be the way to go.  Does everyone agree?

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 11:36:23 AM »

That sounds good, Capher.  

As for time of year, I think late summer sounds all right.

Ta'las

Luca the Thief
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »

Sounds good to me. I don't think Eden fancies horses much.... makes her a tad ill (but she'll never admit it... don't press the matter :b  )

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

*sigh* hey guys

sorry about my long, unexplained absence...but anyway, Aueniteri IMed me earlier today and told me that i was being written out.  And i think it's for the best...at least for now.  I'm going on vacation for a while (two weeksish) leaving tomorrow, and then after that i'm moving, so i get to pack up and move all my stuff half way across the country (US) and then a little over a week later i get to pack up again and drive out back to colorado to go to college...so i wont have reliable internet access untill then...and the appartment i am moving into may not have the internet up and running untill mid-late august...so, if you would rather me write myself out, i can do that, or if you want to write me out and have me come back later that works too.  Anyway, i'm sorry to have to go, i didnt expect my summer to be so hectic >.<

(and Talia, i never got your e-mail.  not that it matters too much >.<)

EDIT:  I'm going to go ahead and post that i'll watch the animals, that should last long enough for me to get internet access again...and if it takes too long, or if you all go through there really fast, then we can say that either i scouted again, or the elves had a small task for me (the ones that assigned me to guide the group).  But the bottom line is, when i get a steady internet access again, i would like to come back, if that is alright with you all

Edited by: Zdoth Natterath at: 6/24/06 3:51
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 02:23:23 AM »

Hey Z'doth, man you sure do have a lot on your plate.  I do not envy you one bit.  I would be pleased to have you come back at a later date when you get stable internet service again.

Take Care friend and we will see each other again.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:20:23 AM »

Hi Z'doth - I said we would probably have to write you out, for you were not posting. The mail I sent to you was not concerning the Heart, but Twilight, but not hearing from you there (neither a yes nor a no) I thought you are not available here either.

Maybe it works, if you look after the animals, though I fear Garrek.

Speaking of absenses, I think I have to open a thread for me alone. But right now I got a headache and better go to bed, so no post from me today, hopefully in the morning.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 12:19:23 AM »

Take Care of yourself Talia.  Will see you tomorrow, hopefully.

What thread??

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 07:11:23 AM »

Posted :(  

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »

Ta'las, we need to persude Z'doth to go up with us, for we take our animals with us. Only when we get to the point, where we have to leave them back, Z'doth will watch them.
I thought, that up there the hills are quite grassy and the horse can be fed easily.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 05:18:23 PM »

Feel free to post for Capher !  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]