Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moderators of the Brownie Inn  (Read 2283 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: July 25, 2003, 08:15:22 AM »

I wish to inform you of a idea that has been raised concerning the Brownie Inn.

It has been suggested that the Brownie Inn (BI) should become a place for players who are waiting for their titles to role play in.  This will help them get a better feel for their character and give them something to do while we help them with their character description.

We have had a few people comment saying that this would be a good thing to do.

But before I do anything to convert the BI to this new idea I wish to know what the actual mods of the BI think about this.  It will create a chance to get the BI active once again, something that it isn't at the moment.

DarkMorpher
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 09:33:22 AM »

I may not be a mod, and sorry if im wrong in doing this, but I think its a great idea.  I mean im not gonna have my character done for a while at the rate im going, and id really love to start rping early.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 03:22:22 PM »

It is a good idea... although, some players may just come to roleplay in the inn and not actually create a character. So I propose that all characters participating in the inn are at least working on submitting a character.

Catchfire
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 03:50:22 PM »

I think you should just go ahead and do it, Gararion...open the Inn officially for all players, whether they're titled or not.  Just get people posting in it, and the mods of the Inn will either post there, or you'll need to appoint new ones.  It was so easy with the Herald, and it will be for this too.  Everyone thinks this is a good idea, so I think you should just go ahead and do it.

Just open the doors!

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum at the Brownie Inn.  (Or comparable non-alcoholic beverage)

Be Bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid... - Basil King

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkien

Erutan Argon
Shadow Warrior
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 11:59:22 AM »

Well the summer is soon over, and I shall be back toi my old computer.

Apologies for my 2nd absence as my old computer had broken down. I am at a store right now with the store employee staring at me so I think I`ll go. :b   Until 2 weeks then...I wish you all farewell.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 12:07:22 PM »

Are you interested in this idea though Erutan

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 08:34:22 AM »

Well he's gone for two weeks now... won't be able to answer your question til then:p  

Aylix Goth
New Santharian

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 07:43:22 PM »

Well what you think Atrii?

Aylix Goth - Resurrected especially to annoy YOU.
--
Fools and Heroes - UK Based LARP.
Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 11:28:22 PM »

I think it's a good idea.We should just open it and see what happens:)  

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 07:00:22 AM »

Do you guys think you'll be able to run it by yourself for a week?  Wondering because I will be gone for about a week next week, for reasons I will hold to myself till that time comes.  If you guys think you'll be able to run it, then I set it up.  Or if you would like wait till Aug 11'th and I be more then free to help you out.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 07:53:22 AM »

Well I'll start working on setting everything up but I think it's best 'til all mods are present(or at least the active ones) before we make our grand Re-Opening... again.

Catchfire
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 01:47:22 AM »

I think you should just open it up.  No 'grand opening' just do it.  You have enough mods to keep it going, just let people move in to the inn and start RPing, and you won't even need four or five mods to always post.  People will take care of it themselves by RPing.

I think it would really help people a lot, especially those who are waiting for titles and are frustrated by the amount of research they have to do.  

Be Bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid... - Basil King

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashneer
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 01:59:22 AM »

Sounds like cool idea! uh, I'm titled though... ;)  

---
Hate is a destructive feeling. You only have accomplished to master hate when you can kill someone without experiencing hate at all

Edited by: Ashneer at: 7/31/03 17:59
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 03:58:22 AM »

Well the thing is, titled characters are welcomed to RP in it as well.  We will be the ones that give the new players something to learn from.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2003, 07:50:22 PM »

I guess marking the Brownie Inn in its forum description as newbie zone would be a good thing, also marking that the Herald remains restricted to titled chars might be good, too. That way people see where they can start right away.

To keep making annoying suggestions I'd propose to move information about the fame principle and the "restrictions" aka rules into the New players forum. Currently you can find it somewhere in the Char desc forum but I think it would be more obvious when such information would be provided in the place where new players would look first.

I fear cleaning up all the tuts and help threads to have only the relevant ones would be a good idea, too.

So a sticky topic of how Roleplaying in Caelereth is supposed to work (real interaction with the world of www.santharia.com and thus more complex but not as free as at other boards without a world behind it) in the New Players Forum along with the tutorials about roleplaying in general and everything about char development in the char forum. Just a proposal though it has been pointed out already that it is easy to say but &/"§% work to do, maybe summarizing all the char dev tips would be good as well. Too much text and info might just prevent people from reading it. A condensed list would be more effective here.

Well, as I said annoying suggestions and even off-topic i this thread. Anyway, have to return to work... ;)  

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
Weakness is strength. Hope is life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]