Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3 -- Village by the Sea  (Read 37381 times)
Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2005, 07:18:22 AM »

Kaelan begins stressing his mind to remember, although in reality the name started a chain reaction that eventually brought most everything back. Suddenly, the memory comes back in a rush, and a light smile crosses his face. "Oh, yes. I do remember you. Manalkar. I suppose you were right to have accused me of thinking more with my blade than my brain."

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2005, 12:54:22 PM »

Paladia's light red brows came together as she pondered the mage's reply. The elf, having been raised and trained by the honorable way of diplomacy and combat, hadn't the slightest of clues about magic and magic users. And quite honestly, the whole concept of conjuring and the like did not set well with the warrior.

"I see...." she began, looking Isaraldor over to try and judge his integrity and dependability. Sure, he was a magic user, but he had tried to help them. And surely, nobody who would help would wish to cause harm at the same time? "Your knowledge in the field would be greatly appreciated Isaraldor but of what interest do you have in this matter?"

Paladia looked to Dominic who seemed even more bewildered by the concept than her. "Magic? This is just getting too insane for my tastes, missus," he began slowly, rubbing his bruised knuckles, "But whatever the case, it has to be stopped. I know it is asking much but, well, I reckon you lot are the most likely help we'll be looking to getting for some time. Not many warriors such as yourselves come to villages such as these. What are you doing here, anyway?"

Paladia often thought that herself. Why indeed were they in Nepris? Of course, it never took long for her to remember the importance of her quest, especially with the mysterious shingar never far off. "Business to attend to," Pally replied curtly, if not coldly, and the Tethinrhim quickly made her way over to Pellegra and the strange woman that had appeared, also lending them a hand. They were fussing over Brent's condition and Cole didn't seem in much improved shape.

Edited by: Luca the Thief at: 2/22/05 5:38
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2005, 02:15:22 PM »

"Your knowledge in the field would be greatly appreciated Isaraldor but of what interest do you have in this matter?"

"To learn. This is a great oppurtunity to find some things out about mind control. Among other things that I could learn," responded Isaraldor. This was true. There were many things he could learn from traveling with a party who was chasing someone who used magic.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2005, 06:19:22 AM »

Mimi still sits on the roof, watching all. The fight is finished, and her party has won. She is convinced, that her stones and cookies shooting has helped to her side to win. When Pellagra looks around as if she would searching something, she climbs down the roof,jumps to the ground and runs around the corner, looking for the big cat. Where is it? But then Pellagra sees her and calls her to help. Of course Mimi will help. She runs to her grandmother and asks for advice.

„Go and bring my yellow bag with the healing stuff and the bandages, Mimi, and then set a pot of water on the fire and bring it to boil!“

Mimi is quick, and Pellagra has soon her needed bandages. Back in the cottage, she hangs the pot on a hook over the fire and fills in water.Some more wood on the fire will help to accelerate the boiling!“ Then her task is done - for the moment. The water will take some time till it is hot enough to be used. She looks around and sees Nyari still sitting in her corner, shivering. She goes over, puts an arm around her, and says:

“The fight outside is over, Nyari, and we have won. do you want some tea? It should be ready by now, and I tell you, it helps.“

Manalkar Melor
New Santharian

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2005, 12:03:22 PM »

"Not this time. If you had still been thinking with your sword you would be quite dead by now." She replied casually before wincing. The medicine she had applied to her cut stung, but not so much anymore. Dropping the cloth and a now empty vial, Mana wiped her wet hands on her leggings before stretching them up toward Kaelan. "A little help up?" Mana was curious about what was going on outside, she could hear words but couldn't make them out. What was going to happen to Brent and Cole, she wondered.    

Manalkar Melór fá Miés'efér'óh
Starlight Starbright
To dream is to dare to question the facts of life ~ Me

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2005, 03:00:22 PM »

Terra glances up only breifly at one of the elf women as she approached appearing to watch the goings on, then turned her full attention towards keeping pressure on the wound. Terra moved her knee from Brents back so that she could use her weight to try and slow the bleeding, she was sure that he had lost enough blood already that he was quite unconcious. Her shoulders however were becoming sore from being driven to the ground as she was, and she was begining to have trouble keeping the pressure steady.

Pellagra called for someone, though Terra did not look she could here a girls voice asking what to do beside the woman, and having been given her tasks rushes off, so returning with what the woman sought, and going off again. Terra looks to the elder woman who had the bandages at hand.

"Leave me the bandages. I will do what little I can here, so you can tend to the others."

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2005, 07:14:22 AM »

Without hesitation, Kaelan takes Mana's hand and helps her to her feet.  

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »

Nyari sniffed slightly and looked up at her peer. She never particularily liked Mimi. Nyari was a lot more quiet than she. But it seemed to the young girl that Mimi was, perhaps, the only one who understood her situation. The little girl got up slowly and shuffled, still silent, over to Mimi and waiting patiently for tea. The mood within the cottage was eerilly quiet and the tension of silence between the two was more than just a little awkward.

Pellegra looked Terra over and the lines around her mouth and eyes only brought out the wisened and grizzled look of the old healer. "On the contrary, I will care for Brent. I knew him even as a child and I think he would appreciate my own help more than yours, no offense, ma'am. Take these," she says, leaving little word in her voice for objection as she handed Terra a few of the bandages, "And see to the others. I fear for that elven woman, the not so kind one, and the wound she received. It may be beyond her own personal skill."

It was then that Paladia joined them, a stern look on her face. Pellegra noted that Pally was a determined and strong woman. But she was still young...even for an elf. "The mage," Pally begins, gesturing to the new member of their odd party, "Says that there is indeed a possiblity of mind control in this matter. I know little of magic but...well.....strange things indeed have been happening. I saw that Atreyk fellow fiddling with something so maybe...."

Cole's head shot up at Paladia's words and, after a groan of regret, began speaking wildly, "That damned amulet! He wouldn't stop waving it around. I bet....I bet.....Ooooh,  my head," and before the young man could continue, he passed out, once again, on the damp grass.

Shan was watching from the sidelines, the shingar stationed alongside the comatose and injured mercenaries. He occasionally checked to see if they were concsious, but the shingar figured that even they were, that they would stay still with him nearby. To be entirely honest, this whole ordeal was too much for Shan. He really couldn't care less about this stupid little town and the bad-guys that hung around. People had to learn to fend for themselves. The shingar paused in thought a moment and glanced at the Tethinrhim that was helping him. "Mind is a special case" he convinced himself, not liking the concept of guilt.

Manalkar Melor
New Santharian

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2005, 05:08:22 AM »

For a moment she swayed lightly on her feet, then seemed to regain her balance long enough to wrap a bandage securely around the folded cloth she used to staunch the bleeding. Mana took a deep breath before pulling her stained tunic back down, over the wound. It wasn’t the best treatment, far from it in fact, but she was sure it would do well enough to prevent infection or any serious damage the cut might progress to. At least she hoped it would.  

“Let’s see what the others are doing.” She suggested with only the slightest tinge of enthusiasm, although she did want to know what those outside were going to do now. Perhaps Mana would stay with them if the group decided to intervene with Atreyk.

She clasped a hand on Kaelan’s shoulder, though whether it was for supporting herself or dragging the warrior along as she moved out the door was not clear.  

Manalkar Melór fá Miés'efér'óh
Starlight Starbright
To dream is to dare to question the facts of life ~ Me

Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2005, 06:06:22 AM »

"Tis strange, Virecrest" said the little orc. He had been tracking the footsteps of a huge wild cat for many days now. Ever and anon it was accompanied by the tracks of other species. What's more, it was a huge cat...think of what others would say, if he, Forkedheart, caught such a cat!
But he could not overcome the oddity of another person with the cat at all times. What was at first a hunt, was now a quest to explain a puzzle. Why would such a beast tolerate

"Ewman's" he muttered. "Why?"

A town was not far ahead. The tracks led in that direction. He rode up, wondering if he would find the cat.

As the trail grew closer to the village, more and more tracks of different animals and people showed-but he soon found the cats footprints again in the muddle. He saw, not too far ahead, a herbal shop, and what looked like the remnants of a battle.

He rode up to the people. "Here Ewman's, what happened here?"

And to his everlasting embarrasment, Firecrest shook like a dog, making Fork fall into the dust.

He leapt up and shouted at the Drake "You voolish beast! What you go and do that vor!???"

Edited by: Forkedheart at: 2/28/05 22:09
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2005, 06:11:22 AM »

Mimi couldn‘t stand the tight tension anymore, and so she got up and fetched some cookies from a box. She wasn‘t allowed to do this, but Pellagra would surely understand. She gave two to Nyari,and kept two for herself.

“Take these, Nyari, they are from Ilbeth, chololate cookies, you surely like them. And they help as well, if you are feeling bad.“

Then she pulls two dices out of her pocket and asks:

“Want to play?“

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2005, 07:15:22 AM »

Kaelan does not release her hand until she is solidly on her own feet, and then turns so that he is not facing her directly as she finishes covering the wound.

As they head back toward the others, he checks his left arm as it starts to rise to her back in an attempt to help support her. Had it been a fellow soldier, he would have done it as he has done before, but he has no idea how she might react to it, or how others might interpret it, and forces his arm back down. In so doing, the nerves on it are suddenly ignited by a shocking feeling, all throughout the lower half of the arm, but he makes no more notice other than to squint lightly.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2005, 07:50:22 AM »

Terra resorted to using both hands, as her shoulders began throbbing with the pain of getting knocked to the ground, to keep adiquite pressure on wound to stem the flow of blood when the elder healer responds that she would care for the man. Terra was to check on the elf woman that seemed to be wounded, and she seemed to remember her going into the cottage. With her hands covered in blood Terra dared not to take the bandages handed to her, and looked up to the elf woman standing over them.

"Would you mind taking the bandages? I do not wish to get them bloody."

Terra waits till the elder healer was ready to start her work before removing her hands from the wound, then looks to her.

"Is there somewhere I could wash my hands before attending to other?"

Then as she waits a reply she looks back up at the elf woman.

"Given what I observed to the man,  Atreyk, I would think a greavious threat, intimidation, or trap of the promise of power would be more common meathods used by such a man to control others against their will. Although other unseen forces are sometimes used too, though I am sceptical of the use of such things in this case."

Terra almost seemed to be speaking the words more towards Cole than to the elf woman standing above them.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Herald the Bombastic
Pretentiously Inflated
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2005, 01:12:22 PM »

Herald had been wandering around lackadaisically for some time now. He wasn't sure where he was going, but everyone he had talked to so far had sent him in a different direction. Herald really hadn't eaten in several hours, and was beginning to feel rather faint, so he stumbled about until he found someone willing to tell him where the local herbalist was. After stumbling about languidly a bit more he reached the herbalist's abode, and knocked on the door.

The woman let him in and he told her his symptoms, the lack of zest, the sluggish disposition, the exhaustion, the whole nine peds. The herbalist gave him some sort of herbal remedy and told him to go through a door in the back and lie down for a bit. Herald went back and stretched out on the cot, soon drifting off into a deep sleep.

Edited by: Herald the Bombastic at: 3/2/05 0:13
Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2005, 02:30:22 PM »

Nyari scratched her nose and looked at the cookies, taking them and nibbling off a peice. The crumbs stuck to her little lips but the child wasn't particularily enthusiastic to eat at the moment. Looking at the dice, Nyari heaved a heavy sigh, which, coming from a child, could be described as one of the saddest sounds known to the sympathetic ear. She nodded, somewhat begrudgingly, and sat on the floor. Before they began to play, Nyari sniffed at the air. Through the already musty smell of an old woman's cottage and the thick scent of drying herbs was a stronger smell. It was not unfamiliar to Nyari, though it took a moment for her to place, since it was a commonly used herb used in sleeping infusions. The infusion, when prepared and left to breathed in, set a man or woman into an even deeper sleep and was usually used to ease the pain of a troubled patient who deserved a good long sleep. "Why is Ma'am Dorgren seeping that herb in'oo the air? Has she a patient?" the little girl asked, knowing well that the herbalist wasn't unknown to keeping a soul overnight to watch over their progress.

Meanwhile, outside, the herbalist nodded to Terra. "There is a wash basin just outside there," she said, nodding in the general direction of Shan who stood guard over the few mercenaries they had dragged over. Not far from the great cat was a barrel and a scoop for fresh water. "Dominic, we'll need you here for a moment," the herbalist called over to the large sailor who was looking over the mercenaries with a look of pure contempt on his face. The two were familiar with each other, like everybody was in a small town such as Nepris, and Dominic knew that he hadn't much of a choice when Pellegra asked for his help. The sailor came over and took Terra's place, holding the wound with a steady and strong arm. He nodded grimly at Terra to discharge the woman of the somewhat un-ladylike task and then flashed a sincere smile, causing his bushy red beard to bristle out from his face.

Shan was bored. He looked down at the mercenaries and then over to his scattered party and then up at the sky. As his blue eyes scanned over the grassy hills that led up into the mountains, he spotted something. It appeared to be a very ill-proportioned rider and horse. But it was the shingar's sharp eyes that defined the figure as it was before anyone else could have. An orc! Of course Shanvorin had heard of orcs. Everybody had. They were uncouth, malice and evil things with no morals or taste. The cat growled, which made one of the mercenaries pale instantly in his supposed sleep, and Shan took several steps forward. The shingar made some deep throated sounds as the orc approached and, to his wonderment, spoke not half-bad Tharian. And then even more to Shanvorin's wonderment, fell.

The shingar pawed impatiently at the ground and scrutinized Forkedheart, and his less than orthodox mount. "What on Ava's sweet soil is an orc doing around here? With a drake no less."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]