Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3 -- Village by the Sea  (Read 35469 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2005, 05:14:22 AM »

Terra waits for a few moments for the elf womans response, and when it does not come she rises to her feet and makes her way over the the basin the healer had indicated to, and beguins washing the blood from her hands. It did not take long for the water in the basin to almost match the color of her hair. Terra has to fill the basin a second time to wash her hands clean, and when finished flip the water from her hands.

Turning back toward the healer, Terra saw an orc had aproached her. Terra felt a shadow of hate pass over her heart, she had developed a strong dislike for orcs during her time with the Kar'ii, but set it aside. Terra approaches keeping her eyes on the orc as she circles around the fallen man to where her MoonBlade lay on the ground. Terra picked it up and returned it to it's place before aproaching the healer and silently taking the offered bandages from her.

Terra then appreaches the group around the doorway to the cottage, looks to the female elf there and speaks in her cool tone.

"The healer asked me to check on you, and see if you needed any help with your wound."

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2005, 08:22:22 AM »

Pellegra utilized Dominics strength and Paladia's hands as she worked. Her gnarled hands worked quickly and deftly but Brent began to groan under the pain of his wound. Stopping shortly, the old healer pulled out a copper flask and unstopped the lid. The noxious smell of hardened rum stung at Pally's nose and she squinted. An old woman drinking that poison, she gawked. Pellegra caught the elf's grin and smiled, her wrinkles skrinching up around her face.

"Not to worry, child. I'm too old for this stuff. It's for Brent. Even a big man like him needs some good strong rum to ease the pain," she said, easing the flask to Brent's mouth. The partially conscience man sputtered but took a few mouthfuls, groaned, and subdued himself once again.

Pellegra got back to work on the injured man when the early afternoon sun was obscured by a shadow. "Out of the way will you," the old healer began, a sharp tang of impatience in her voice as she looked up to Forkedheart.

The grizzled old woman had met one or two orcs and she had to say that, though they were far from sophistacted or intelligent creatures, they weren't quite as inherently evil as the old stories seemed so eager to suggest. Still, Pellegra kept her wits and guard about her as she listed to his crude accent slur out a question:

"The cat. Is it yewrs?"

Paladia, spurred by the mention of the cat, turned her head with the roll of bandages in hand and proceeded to drop them with a light thud onto the ground. Both Dominic and Pellegra were eerily calm about the orcs presenc, and Paladia was quite simply at a complete loss for words.

All her life, all her training, all the elf had ever heard about orcs was that they were vicious, evil, stupid and lustful for death and blood. Yet...all this was instantly contradicted when the orc spoke, though somewhat haltingly, in Tharian. Pally's jaw slacked and she stared dumbly at the creature, in a kind of daze. Luckilly for her, the weathered old woman picked up the elf's slack.

"No, orc, that cats got no business with me. He came along with these folks," she began, nodding in the direction of the dumfounded elven archer, "What business have you with it?"

Manalkar Melor
New Santharian

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2005, 11:15:22 AM »

She accepted the Kaelan's words with a nod, she had been in similar situations herself and didn't question him further. Her gaze drifted to the others conversing with the newly arrived orc and concern etched itself on her features. Considering how she had first happened upon the elf and her cat companion earlier and acted coldly ever since Mana couldn't help but wonder about their impression of her. The expression was dropped when the woman approached and the dark elf reminded herself not to care about their opinion, they were still strangers and she didn't have much of anything to do them them, excluding the recent fight.

"My wound is fine." She responded in a similar tone, giving only a brief glance to Terra before focusing a blank gaze on the ground.    

Herald the Bombastic
Pretentiously Inflated
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2005, 11:39:22 AM »

Herald lifted his head up as the woman pointed, seeing the black cat come into his vision. The old man's head began to spin and he was getting dizzy, right there on the ground. His head fell back to the ground, making a soft thud. Herald's vision began to blur.

"Ah, I see," Herald managed to squeak out, as he managed to keep from slipping into unconsciousness again. "Did I mention that I have a great deal of disdain for felines."

Herald's head began to swim with visions of small critters of the cat variety as he slowly slipped into his own little world to escape the fear.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »

Illix stared blankly at the old man. This guy must be senile she thought. She looked over at where the orc and some of the others were standing and gave a little shout. "Hey, I think this old guy might need some help. He keeps fainting and mumbling to himself."

She then gave a small smile to the small child she'd found had gripped her hand, while at the same time she wondered if she might be a pickpocket.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »

Terra looks to the man beside the female elf and is about to ask if he needed help when she was interupted by a woman who had been standing in the doorway looking over an old man laying on the floor. Terra had at first payed little attention to him thinking he was being tended to, but now shifted his attention to him, and the woman looking over him, and spoke smoothly in her cool tone.

"The healer is busy tending someone else who was wounded very badly in the fighting. What seem to be wrong with him?"

It was then that Terra saw the little hand holding the womans. Despite the situation around her a whisp of a smile crossed her face as she looks down at the little girl, though she doubted the girl would notice her subtle expressions.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2005, 08:15:22 PM »

Nobody seemed to be afraid of any of the newcomers, be it man (man??) or beast, nor seemed it to be strange, that such unknown folks were around, so Mimi gained her composure back again, and because she had already made contact with the strange woman next to her, she tugged her sleeve again, quite demanding for a little girl and with considerable strength.

„You have to help him back to the bed, he is ill in the head. I smell it, Pellagra has given him herbs to get the brain cured! Come on! Help me!“

With that said and after a last pulling of the sleeve, she stepped behind the head of the man, bending down and trying to take his shoulders to pull him back into the room again - without success, of course. Then she decided, that the head would be enough, and puts her strong little hands (not very clean) under his head and his ears, thumbs under the chin (as she has learned it already, not with such a bulk of man though)  to see, if she can manage this way.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2005, 01:52:22 AM »

Illix grabbed the child's hands and pulled them away from the man's head. "Hey! Don't you know anything? If he's not well you can't be pulling on his neck and head like that!"

She then called back to the others "Could one of you help me carry him inside? I think he's unconcious."

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2005, 06:54:22 AM »

Kaelan turns to where there seems to be a problem lifting something... or someone. With a glance toward Mana, he moves over to them, and pushes his way through them, until he is standing over an elderly man, unconscious. "Lift him?"

Kaelan bends over, takes the man under his arms, and picks him up, placing one arm under the man's knees and one under his shoulderblades.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

Terra was about to move in and help the woman carry the unconscious man inside when the man with the wounded should barges through and proceeded to lift the man. Terra was as first amazed that the mans wounded shoulder could support the weight. Terra spoke up in a firm cool tone.

"I don't think you should be exerting your wounded shoulder like that. Trust me, any pain you feel now will only get much worse if you keep exerting it before it has healed."

Terra spoke from her own experience, and hoped this was not a useless effort of male ego.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2005, 12:02:22 PM »

Illix heard what Terra had said and noticed that the man's shoulder was indeed injured. She moved towards him and spoke. "She's right, here, give me some of the weight. I may not be able to lift him on my own, but you certainly shouldn't lift him on your own either."

Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2005, 02:11:22 PM »

"I am big hunter" explained the little orc importantly. "I find the tracks of a beeg cat, so I follow them. But all the tracks go with Ewman feet. Someone travel with the beeg cat? That's is strange. So I follow, and lewk for answers." He turned to the elf with fiery colored hair. "Yew? The cat be yewrs? He is special maybe? Your friend perhaps? Yew train him? I wish to understand. It is very strange...what is word...meesteree? Mistoree? Ach, strange word..." he fell into muttering and staring at the ground, unaware that Firecrest was pawing through nearby sacks looking for food.

Never laugh at live Dragons you fool-A halflings proverb

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2005, 01:34:22 AM »

"I'd love a drink kind gentleman, but why go to the inn for drinks alone, you look rather... tired, if you understand my meaning..."

Oh I understand lovely lady. And a smile curled Darién’s lips with the thought. Follow me then. And Darién started padding towards the inn of the village which was only a few houses further. And may I ask your name pretty woman? And he stroked his strong fingers over the woman’s but in a o so playful manner.

ISARALDOR:

The criminal failed to squeeze the alarm out of his sliced throat. His eyes opened widely as he gazed helplessly at the elf-mage standing in front of him. He had dropped his sword with a loud clang and had grabbed his bleeding throat. The live was flowing out of him and all he could speak where gurgling sounds. He coughed up blood and had fallen to his knees. His vision blurred slowly turning dark. The last thing he saw was the elf covered in his own blood. Blood squeezed out of his neck painted the floor, The wall and his opponent. He dropped down with his nose on the floor in front of Isaraldor’s feet. The light went out. He was dead.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 5/16/05 17:44
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2005, 06:31:22 AM »

Isa managed to stop the yell. The price was that the sword the man was carring made a clabbering sound and he had killed yet another mercenary. Plus, he was now stained with blood. Great, now I definately won't be found out about. Isa stood there watching the man dying, then lie still. He pulled the man underneath the stairs, and used his clothes to hastily mop up the blood as best as he could. He then tossed it back underneath the stairs.

Isa grabbed the sword in his left hand and gripped the stained knife in his right. The sword was just a prelimanary strike, he intended to drop the sword after he made a swing with it. Isa then hid underneath the staircase, using his excellent ears to listen if someone else was drawing closer.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Edited by: isaraldor glamthail at: 5/16/05 23:10

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2005, 11:36:22 AM »

Illix felt the hand on her rear and inside she wanted to cut the man's hand off, along with another choice body part...

But she showed no sign of this, and simply leaned in closer and purred to Darien "Well, you can call me whatever you want Darien, but my real name is Rose"

She stayed close to him as they walked towards the inn, one hand wrapped around his waist and resting in a similar position on him to his own hand hand on her, and her other hand fanning her face in that slow, sexy way...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]