Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3 -- Village by the Sea  (Read 37457 times)
Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2005, 03:07:22 AM »

"BY THE ORCAL!" cried Fork when he saw the shingar. He had been hunting a huge cat he knew, but he was a little taken aback by it when he actually saw it. The jet black creature was watching him with an unfriendly eye-something that the little orc was well accustomed to.

"Well," he said, "now that I've vound yew, I'd best vigure out the rest ov my reedle." He strode over to an elf fellow with a staff and declared "I am Vorkedheart, hunter and drake master! Yew lewk like a majeek man. Is that great cat yewrs?" he asked, pointing the shingar.

Edited by: Forkedheart at: 3/2/05 3:56
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

"I am Vorkedheart, hunter and drake master! Yew lewk like a mageec man. Is that great cat yewrs?" he asked, pointing the shingar.

He looked at the orc that called himself "Vorkedheart", which he assumed actually meant "Forkedheart." He knew orcs were usually ferocious, but this one seemed to be not like other orcs. Being slightly cuatious he begins speaking to Forkedheart. "No, he is part of the group. I'm not sure whether I'm in or not, but I think they will be in need of my services. Tell me, what brings an orc like you to a place like this?"

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2005, 11:55:22 AM »

"I am a big hunter" said Forkedheart importantly, puffing out his chest. "I hunt the beeg cat; except, the beeg cat always travel with people: it means strange theengs. Like majeek maybee. Not yewr cat, eh? Well, whew lead this group? Whew direct fight against wild ewmans? Whew follow and lead the big cat?"

He whistled for Firecrest to come over, and the drake stalked up behind him and nuzzled his helmeted head.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2005, 12:23:22 PM »

Illix felt like she'd been walking forever. She'd been travelling fairly aimlessly (as she was prone to do) until she'd come across some very strange tracks one day. they Looked reptillian, but they were fairly large. What was even stranger was that underneath them were tracks of a group of people and a fairly large cat. She had no idea what it meant, not being very skilled at tracking, but she was fascinated. She decided to follow these tracks and find out what they could be. It only took her a day of walking however, as she quickly saw a small group of people, a large black cat and an orc with a large lizard. I must've found pretty recent tracks she thought as she walked closer.

As she approached the group she decided to listen in on what they had to say, just in case they proved to be... unfriendly.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Manalkar Melor
New Santharian

« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2005, 01:17:22 PM »

Another person after the shingar? Just how much was this cat worth anyway, Mana wondered absently to herself as she adjusted her weight to her better leg. Now that most of the excitement had calmed to a point where she could look at the situation in perspective she had to admit her curiousity about the majority of the individuals gathered nearby. Some things just didn't fit. "Do you have any idea about this group, and the cat?" Mana asked Kaelan in a hushed voice, still eyeing the orc and his drake a ways off.  

Manalkar Melór fá Miés'efér'óh
Starlight Starbright
To dream is to dare to question the facts of life ~ Me

Herald the Bombastic
Pretentiously Inflated
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2005, 01:40:22 PM »

Herald slowly opened his eyes, revealing a nice wooden ceiling. He raised himself out of the cot with the utmost care and proceeded to stretch and yawn. Herald walked out of the little back room, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake up, as he did so. He wondered why the door was wide open, and walked over to it. He looked out and surveyed the landscape... it appeared there had been a fight. But, his scanning was abruptly interupted by the sighting of a beast of a cat. Herald neared fainted from shock, but caught himself, it must be his eyes! There are no cats that big, he told himself. Herald reached up and rubbed his eyes, then proceeded to look back up and promptly fall flat on his back, noticably unconscious.

Edited by: Herald the Bombastic at: 3/2/05 5:55
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »

Not yewr cat, eh? Well, whew lead this group? Whew direct fight against wild ewmans? Whew follow and lead the big cat?" Said Forkedheart. He then whistled for his drake to come over, and the drake stalked up behind him and nuzzled Forkedheart's helmeted head.

As the drake came over he take a slightly defensive posture just in case. You never know he thought and then responded to Forkedheart, "No, the cats not mine, don't exactly know who leads this group but you can ask her," he then points towards Pellegra. "Her name is Pellegra. The people you see around you were the ones that fought agasint those humans, including me, and for your last question you will have to ask Pellegra."

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2005, 08:07:22 AM »

Kaelan shook his head and shrugged lightly, responding in an only slightly higher level of volume. "All I know is that we were sent as an ambush. I wasn't told who, or why. Which is why I ended up turning against them."

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2005, 08:59:22 AM »

Illix watched what was happening seemingly unnoticed. Suddenly she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Someone had fallen down quite suddenly, and he looked like he'd fainted. Illix quickly ran over to him to see if he was okay, and to do so she'd unintentionally run between (well, sort of pushed through) the orc and the mage who were having a delightful conversation about cake, or something, she wasn't really listening all that much.

"Are you okay, sir?" she asked the man who had fallen.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2005, 01:01:22 PM »

He had just been turning to the one called Pellegra when he was bowled over by a-

"Vemale Ewman!" he cried, leaping out of the dust. He jumped onto Firecrest and cried "No one knocks down Vorkedheart the Drake Rider!" Firecrest, seeing his master angry, snarled at the newcomer ferociously. How dare a female human do that him...

Herald the Bombastic
Pretentiously Inflated
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2005, 01:38:22 PM »

Herald's eyes slowly opened to the sound of a woman's voice. The elderly gentleman looked at his helper with kind eyes, gently smiling. He figured he must be in a dream, because the giant cat wasn't mauling him right now.

"Oh, it's nothing young lady. But, by Ava I could have sworn that I had seen a towering behemoth of a cat! It must just be these old eyes playing tricks on me," Herald said softly, looking up and continuing to smile.

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2005, 02:26:22 PM »

Shan was....confused, to say the least. Since when were dinky little towns like Nepris so damn full of all-too-curious paserbys? The shingar, deciding that the orc wasn't too much of a thread, sat back on his haunches and overlooked the bizarre scene from the center.

Paladia was with Dominic and Pellegra. The elven woman seemed to be preoccupied with talking to the two about something in hushed tones and watching them tend over Brent than to notice the newcomers.

Mana and Kaelan, two strangers to the wildcat, were also chatting with hearts about as light as lead. The two were obviously colleagues of some sort and considering how they had come across the male mercenary, Shanvorin wasn't sure if he trusted either of them.

At the door of the cottage, a man was sprawled on the ground with a new woman hovering over him. It wasn't long until Nyari's little head peaked out from behind the door to look him over. His sharp hearing caught her asking, "What's wrong? If you're in the tendin' of Ma'am Pellegra, you ought not be wandering about without her word."

Shan looked back over the new orc and the mage who was talking to him. The shingar picked himself up and moved up to Forkeheart, sniffing curiously at the drake but keeping a safe distance from its obviously sharp teeth and equally unpleasant talons. The cat, not finding the orc much of a threat, let out a nonchalant yawn to reveal his pearly white fangs and long, lolling tongue.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2005, 02:33:22 AM »

Illix stared blankly at the elderly gentleman. "No, there's a giant black cat over there. See?" she said, pointing at the large feline. "He's the one with the big teeth, and large claws," then she added upon noticing the lizard, "and the Fur"

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2005, 08:29:22 AM »

Mimi abandoned her tea and cookie and went after Nyari. Somehow she was angry, that the big man who had appeared suddenly out of the back room - the room she used to sleep, ignored her and Nyari entirely. That was not right. The new woman ignored Nyari as well, and that was even worse - the man had been at least in Pellagras care, and maybe he was a bit ill in the head. So she placed herself between the woman and the man, with ostentation ignoring her and saying to the man:

“Haven‘t you heard, what Nyari has said? If you're in the tendin' of Ma'am Pellegra, you ought not be wandering about without her word. I know, what happens, if somebody doesn't follow her advice, because I‘m living here. I really would say, go back to your - well my bed, otherwise she might be very angry with you!“

And the Mimi saw the drake,  fell silent, and grabbed the hand of the woman she wanted to ignore..

Forkedheart
New Santharian

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2005, 11:16:22 PM »

They are afraid, thought Fork. And people who are afraid become angry and fight. No, no fighting today. He wanted to understand. So he hops off his drake and strides over to the one called Pellegra.

"The cat" he asked. "Is it yewrs?"  

Never laugh at live Dragons you fool-A halflings proverb

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]