Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Board FAQ!!!!!! Ask questions here!  (Read 11628 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« on: November 28, 2006, 07:08:59 PM »

FAQ - add your own!

In this thread we will answer - as well as we can - all your questions concerning the the transfer, the new board, claiming your old chars etc.

But please read first what has already been asked and answered before you post your own question below!

- How do I claim my existing character/account?
The transfer from the ezBoard converted the posts and created all users, but the migration couldn't take care of the passwrods. Therefore, you need to claim your old account(s). Don't register again, but claim your old character back, if you have already done one.

To do so, send a mail to rpg(at)santharia(dot)com and you will receive an email with a temporary password. Log in and change that password to something you prefer. And here you are.

- What about my title? 
If your CD has already been approved before the board transfer, you can include your title in your email to the administration when claiming your account.  Alternatively, you can contact one of the admins about it after you have claimed your account. 

- Can I have two characters with the same e-mail address?
No, linked accounts are no longer possible, so you now need an extra e-mail for each character.

- Why can't I log in with my Dev password or the old RPG Board password?
The accounts on the RPG board and the Development board are separate. However, you could set both accounts to use the same password if you like.

Same with the new and the old RPG Board - while we transferred all data to the new board, we only could make accounts for the poster names, but don't have access to their passwords. Therefore you now need to claim your old character by contacting the admins.

- Where  is the old ezboard?
The old board can still be found here, should you need to go there for whatever reason. It will for sure exist until the end of the year 2006.

- What should I write under my name? 
For now, your character's race and tribe.  This is still under discussion, however. 

- Where can I upload my avatar?
You can upload it on our server.  Just send it to the rpg email address, but do notify Talia about it.  Alternatively, you could send it directly to talia(at)santharia(dot)com. 

- Do I also get a nifty golden frame around my character portrait? 
Yes, though it doesn't have top priority at the moment. When the admins have some time left they'll go mainly through the active characters and add the frame, working through them one after the other.

- Can I turn the little menu blocks to the left and right of the main text on or off? 
Yes, you can. See the claw icons on the top left and right. Click on them to turn the blocks below on or off.

- How do I add a signature to my posts? 
Go to your "Profile", then click on "Forum Profile Information". There you have a "Signature" textbox at the bottom. Put any text you wish to appear at the bottom of your posts, just make sure that it is BBC code compatible in case you need a specially formatted text, want to use another colour, add a picture or a link.

And what is BBC code I hear you ask? BBC code is the Forum text formatting code used when you make posts. If you click on a button shown above your post textbox, BBC code is put into the text area below. So in order to make a signature just go to the Testing Thread and put something together. It suffices to click on "Preview" to see the results. If you like what you did, paste that code into your signature textbox and "Save". Easy as that ;)

- Why do certain posts show the signature twice? 
The ezBoard import couldn't make a difference between post and signature and therefore imported the whole post including the signature. If you add a signature now to your profile, the signature will display twice at these older posts. This behaviour cannot be avoided.

- Why do older posts mess up when I edit them? 
In general it is advisable not to edit older posts. The import converted ezBoard posts to HTML, not to BBC code, which you use here at the Forum when posting. As long as these posts aren't touched, they will appear ok. This means however that if you edit an older posts and press "Save", the new board won't undertstand the HTML code anymore, as you can only post in the new BBC code mode. If you absolutely have to edit older posts, either copy the text and post it in a new thread (if applicable) or remove the HTML references before you press "Save".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:00:10 PM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged
Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:35:33 AM »

(Changes are documented here as replies in order to bring these questions up on top, so that people can see the changes.)

Nov. 28th:
Added question: Can I turn the little menu blocks to the left and right of the main text on or off? 

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:21:02 AM »

None of my passwords are working.  I somehow managed to get three different passwords for two accounts, none of which work on any of them.  Could someone please look into this? The accounts are Hmmbe Uhm and Blaise Stormbringer.
Blaise Stormbringer
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »

Got this one to work with some divine intervention(an e-mail from art that took forever to reach me)

Hmmbe still doesn't work.
Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »

Just a quick question, how do you change your display name again?

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »

That's odd.  I only see two passwords sent to you from the admin account.  I'll get a new password for Hmmbe and send it to you via PM.  

@Naya: You can't, at the moment.  I could change it for you though, if you want. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:03:23 PM by Mina » Logged

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »

Yeah, I sent one for Hmmbe and one for Blaise
Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 06:17:20 PM »

Also it is advisable to send e-mails either to rpg@santharia.com or to me personally or to talk to me through ICQ, MSN etc. - if you send mails to two addresses, they will interfere with each other and the result will be that your password won't work. Don't be impatient.

Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »

Added 2 more questions:

Nov. 29th:
- Why do certain posts show the signature twice? 
- Why do older posts mess up when I edit them?

CJ2500
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 03:20:13 AM »

where do i actually upload my character profile thing i dont get it
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 05:06:53 AM »

Here:

Profile- Modify Profile- Forum Profile Information- I will upload my own picture

Please check, that it is not too big - 60x60  pixels are allowed!
Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »

Nov. 30th, added one more question/answer:
- How do I add a signature to my posts? (3rd from below)

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

Yesh, I know that Kali has this problem and now I have it, I can't log off. Is there any thing that can be done about that?

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »

I went through and deleted cookies or adjusted them etc. That seemed to fix my problem Kar.

You might just have to do that occasionally to make sure you can still logout.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 10:03:05 AM »

Just a note, some of the stuff in the Marvin's sig expanded topic thing in the top forum, is very much still geared towards the EZboard stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]