Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeréth Ancalídormis, Hunter/Healer (Old)  (Read 18062 times)
Leida Kereborn
Wandering Opportunist
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »

Perhaps he was mistaking it for some other stone?  I don't know about Kain, but some people aren't native English speakers and can sometimes make little mistakes like that (not frequently, though).  There isn't gel in Santharia, so it's difficult for someone to spike their hair up on a regular basis without some kind of medieval "product."  Having to seek out this product and apply it daily to keep his hair styled would, in some cultures, be considered vain.  Not saying his hair can't be short, but spiking it up is a little much in a medieval setting.  Of course an Elf can be a bounty hunter--the thing you're missing here is why he decided to become one instead of following the paths of his tribe.  His shunning by the tribe as a youth is not well explained; his super-strength can't simply be a secret.  If it's something you really feel must be kept hidden, pm a mod and let them know, don't just say you're not going to tell anyone about it.  Since his shunning is unclear, we can't really follow your conclusion that he suddenly decides to be a bounty hunter to right the wrongs of the world.  A bounty hunter isn't there to fight injustice, anyway; they take in who they are paid to take in, like assassins.  A bounty hunter with a conflicted conscience, though, is interesting.  A la Han Solo; who doesn't love Han Solo? 

Anyway, I think the main problem here is lack of detail.  Really go all-out in your CD; this is your one place to shine and show off all there is to know about your character.  We want to know all the little secrets about him, even if he himself can't remember patches of his life.  If you have any big questions, field them in other parts of the forum and someone is bound to answer you, or if you can't find them on the main site (unlikely, but it happens), check out the dev forum and see if they have something there.

And I certainly hope you're kidding about Kain's spelling and grammar.

"They'll build a statue of us, then later say it's all our fault."

"Wherever you go, you have your rump behind you."
Prince Erebus
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 04:28:54 PM »

i'll that this into consideration.  :))
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 07:21:55 PM »

I have never had anyone question me like that. For the majority of your answers, I am going to say "Trust me, I know what I am doing."

I am going to start with the one that made me laugh. The bone queen. Read the stories on her and you might understand, then read my Santharian Entry. The Midnight Blade. The bone queen used it. I have talked to the creater of the stories and the character about character. She would never do anything you said she did. If you don't beleive me, PM Dala and ask for her opinion. Before you make a fool of yourself, here are a few select quotes.

"Then she smiled briefly, biting her lower lip with her white, sharp teeth in a morbidly girlish gesture of glee. "Entrails. Perfect." Her eyes flared white-gold for a brief moment before returning to its normal dark shade.

The sobbing man started to scream, a long, drawn out howl of pain that hurt Garth's ears. He dropped the mandolin on the floor and covered his ears, unable to tear his eyes away from the suddenly writhing man before him.

As the boy watched, he could see a thin red slit appearing in the middle of the prisoner's stomach, stretching from his chest and down to his stomach. Then, as if invisible hands were pulling at either side of the line, his flesh was ripped open with a shockingly loud tearing sound. His innards poured out into a heap before his feet, still steaming with wet heat

It took him a long time to die."

I hope that clairifies things. She doesn't give gifts, she kills people.

As for diamond blades. Hardness doesn't mean it can't lose its edge. A daimond spearhead is simply not as usefull as you think. Secondly, it is likely to get you killed. That spearhead could save a starving man, and bring greedy men to kill.

You were talking about killing a bear. I don't think you realize how young a 13 year old elf is, nor how strong and fast a bear is. If you want the battle, write out a good battle scene.

Vainity. It would take time and energy and money to get the things it would take to spike up your hair. It takes a vain warrior to put it up in spikes. A warrior who simply wants the hair out of the way will shave his head.

You are not Kuglimz. I need to know why a Kuglimz warhorse was given to you. The elves wont use them, read up one the horses history.

As for age. Your character will live to be 600 years old, and will appear to be 47 @ around 400 years old. You will have the knowlege of a 17 year old human @ around 29 years of age. at the age of 13 you will have the physical appearance of a seven year old. Use the calculator and change your ages because at this point it reads ridiculous. at the age of 17 you will have the appearance of a ten year old. A ten you old boy does not last well on his own. 17 is too young to leave the tribe.

Your CD needs to list all of your strengths and weaknesses. If it isn't listed, the character doesn't have it. Elves are not the sort to outcast a boy because he is big and strong. They are very philosophical. I don't decide the elvish mindset, its on the site.

Any Meladrhim worth anything would know to avoid the Bone Queen.

As for the obsidan blades. I was suggesting to use diamond edges in that way. Obsidian is also wicked sharp, don't underestimate its capability. A skilled warrior doesn't need to break his blade to cut his foe. Obsidian is vey hard, and very brittle. Wood is not as hard as obsidian, but it is much stronger.

Mostly for Leida's knowlege, I am from the US, California.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Leida Kereborn
Wandering Opportunist
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 11:23:16 PM »

I figured it wasn't because of non-English capabilities.   Pardon me while I go bask in my idiocy. My Lips are sealed

"They'll build a statue of us, then later say it's all our fault."

"Wherever you go, you have your rump behind you."
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 06:33:15 AM »

Please forgive me for joining the party late.  Jereth, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to present an idea to you.

Have you seen movies, TV shows, et al. where the defense attorney will prepare his client by tearing them to pieces, exposing every flaw they have in their story, and taking them down a couple of pegs?  This same client asked for the attorney's help, and (in the defense lawyer's case, not the case in Santharia) the client has even paid the defense attorney to verbally abuse them!

And the next day, the prosecution attorneys have nothing to use against the defendant--no unexplained time lapses, no character flaws left unaddressed, not a single reason to reject the exposition presented by the defendant.

Kain's hard.  He was hard on me, too, twice.  Where I'm going with this is that, the polite and cordial mods who give a "Yea" or a "Nay" won't bother with asking, "How could this be done better?"  If they give any reply to a CD they don't approve of, it might be as simple as "Nay" without anything further.  Okay, realistically most would give you some justification for not approving your character, but that still doesn't change the wait time to have your character looked at again after your first rejection.

The editing process is harsh and destructive.  But know that your creativity is infinite and boundless, and you can create magnificent things.  Tap into that, and put it on the Board!  Create Jereth in every detail you imagine of him.  Make him *alive*.

Good luck with your creation, Jereth!

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 06:35:49 AM »

An afterthought that was really the whole point of my rant:

My CD was better off because Kain cut deep at exactly the things I wanted to hold onto.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »

Wow. I feel like I have a hit squad to back me up. Really, I just need your character to fit into the world, and be the best character he can be.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Prince Erebus
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »

hmm... prehaps you could suggest a better person to supply the Adamant, a dwarf for instance?
Prince Erebus
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 07:45:46 AM »

as stated in a past post, i'm sorrry for my prior rudeness but my Temper got the best of me. (see its a weakness!)
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »

Well you won't have to deal with the diamond problem anyways.  Firstly, Sparths don't have adamant heads, they are made out of stone and metal and the like.  Secondly, the staffs are found only in Aeruillin, thus a Melad'rhim elf would most definatly not come in contact with one.  The Cholains are very protective of their weapons, and, unless you are from the tribe or from an ally, you aren't going to get one. Thirdly, to prevent and arrogant remarks, I can assure you these facts are all correct.  THough it might have been a while ago(as denoted by the poor style) I wrote the Sparth entry for the site.
Prince Erebus
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »

I traded some weapons for a sparth spear as stated in my history section and I am a friend of some other them. the adamant spear-head was to remove the flaw in its design, which makes them get stuck in the flesh or breaks off.

I promise not to snap on anyone anymore else Coór may have my blood. I truely require this weapon but prehaps I can change the spearhead to some other substance (I hope it doesn't come to that).

I know Cholains don't use Adamant in their design but i'm not Cholain, it was suppose to be a stroke of genius on my part.
Prince Erebus
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 01:29:54 PM »

P.S. for the record, I've read most if not all sections of www.santharia.com, so I know all of which you speak of. grin
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 03:16:51 PM »

All right, I may be new but I have grown up with horses so I know what I'm talking about when I say horses never live pass the age of about 25-30 usually. Also, what happened in that huge gap in your history? You leave off at the age of about 30 when you help the bone queen and then on your CD it says your 107. What happened to that missing about 80 years?

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Prince Erebus
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »

i don't know, i wandered around. as for the horse i don't know. my character was orginally 37 so it worked but not now. i'll have to to something about that.
Lesalendral
Approved Character

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 05:58:51 AM »

It looks good to me save a thing or two... But then, things have changed since last I was here, so I'm not sure if I should make any comments...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Yesterday at 02:25:19 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]