Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 4 -- Salvaging Nepris  (Read 26283 times)
Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »

Kaelan staggered under the force of the shortsword, and fell nearly to his knees as his bastard sword came around for another slash, this one level with the bottom of his opponent's hips, and with considerably less pressure, due to several factors. Primarily, he is down lower, and that in an uncontrolled manner, thus putting some of his power used for the previous slash into catching his balance; also to be considered is that at the time he was pommeled, he had turned to be facing just slightly beyond where his opponent was now standing, and thus the target itself and the apex, or most powerful point of the strike are at completely different points. Still, barring the man taking a little over a full step back, Kaelan is fairly certain this strike will do some damage.

Why do you ask?

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:23 AM »

By instinct, the mercenary clutched the wound at his side, but probably at the worst possible moment as the blade came in for another blow. It caught his hip and, finding no armor there, cut into the flesh painfully and bruised the bone. Cursing wildly, he fell into a crouch at Kaelan's feet, his jaw clenched.

Shanvorin pressed his snout to the young man's face, his foul breath rolling over his face and his teeth bared. The cat wasn't sure what he was going to do next. He couldn't kill the boy. But he couldn't just let him go, could he?

Shan was given his answer as the large man, having lost his weapon to the ground earlier, bowled in on the cat in rage. He scooped the heavy animal up in his arm and, amazingly, lifted him, squeezing the breath from him. Something in Shanvorin snapped. Logic was gone for a brief moment in time and he let out an enraged cry. Claws snapped out from his paws and his teeth glimmered threateningly in the fading light. The heavy beast writhed in the large mercenary's arm, his four legs flailing and slashing viciously at armor and flesh until finally the perpetrator fell beneath him. Still growling, the fearful shingar crawled up over the mercenary's back and raked his claws from his shoulders down his back, the large man letting out a fearful cry of pain. One mercenary remained unmarred, and took it as a gift as he turned tail and ran into the street. James, pale and shivering, took the cue and leapt to his feet, dashing from the scene after his comrade.

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2006, 02:40:23 PM »

Illix was growing impatient with this whole group. She calmy retrieved her weapons, and silently headed for the door. She'd be better off fighting without these people, at least in the beginning. The Sapphire Eye wasn't one to use his abomination right away, he'd rely on his men at first, and Illix could handle them much better without this group of rag tags. The only competant fighter she'd seen was the female warrior with the moonblade, and she wouldn't help against that creature... No, Illix was the only one here with any chance of slaying that thing, and only because she'd survived their first encounter. She knew what to expect.

She silently passed the elf as the old woman finished speaking and smirked, whispering to herself (though fully knowing that the elf could hear her) "You'd better not take too long carrying out Granny's errands, or I just might have finished Atreyk off before you get there"

With that she opened the door and closed it behind her, without a word to anyone. She'd come here to finish her unfinished business, and it was apparent that these people would be of no help whatsoever.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

Kaelan regained his feet, letting the fallen man die or survive as fate would decide. As the last of the opponents flee, he makes his way to the big cat, kneeling beside him to get a closer look at him. "You alright, claw-man? You sounded like you wasn't exactly comfortable back there. Think you can still get around?"

Why do you ask?

Thaedras
Captain of The Maiden
Approved Character

Human, Zhunite

« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »

Thaedras smiled as the woman kissed his cheek, and whispered in his ear. The smile lasted only as long as it took for the woman to ram her knee into Thaedra's groin. Lia flew off as Thaedras sunk to his knees, groaning in pain. He felt a sharp tug on his head, and saw Illix walk off with a lock of his hair.

Maybe Dom was Right, Thought Thaedras, She just MIGHT be out of my league.....just maybe.

The wind in my Hair, The spray of the ocean in my face.
I love Life at sea.

- Thaedras

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2006, 05:10:23 AM »

Dominic winced as his friend took the hit, his own hand adjusting his belt reassuringly as he strode up to his fallen comrad and heaved him to his feet by the back of his collar. "Up you go, old boy," the sailor laughed, giving Theadras a powerful clap on the back and setting them back into motion after Illix. "Should have seen that one coming, really. But we need to go. I don't like the idea of us taking much on in the dark," he said, his voice darkening suddenly as Dominic's eyes fell to the setting sun behind the mountains.

They began to move on after Illix, Terra and Paladia just after their female counterpart with the men following up behind. But, as the two sailors conversed quietly, the mage began to lag behind, his breath wheezing. "Elf," Dominic piped up suddenly, stopping and turning to look to the mage. "You are in no shape to us here. Go to Rose's house," he ordered, pointing to the small cottage just to the east, "She's a spare bed far more comfortable than Pelle's old cot, I promise you that. You have served your part here, today, and I thank you for that." Isaraldor seemed to hesitate for a moment, but his condition would only worsen with time and exursion and knowing this, Paladia nodded to him, and so he strolled off to the quaint cottage.

As they neared the town of Nepris, Dominic picked up their pace, urging on the others at a crisp walk, even coming a jog every once in a while. He weaved them behind small houses, hoping to avoid the people and, more importantly, any mercenary.

~~~

Shanvorin's sleek hide sprung down along the small lane, his heavy paws making not a sound on the clay cobbles as they padded swiftly in a methodic trot. The memories of the small skirmish circled in his mind, out of touch with the rest of his world as he replayed what had happened. Something in the back of his mind that had never been there before, and it had clicked. He had wanted only to maim and taste the blood of that man. The thought now tempted the cat to retch, as it often did with the idea of raw meat. But a human... that just was not right.

Kaelan was behind him, lagging behind the cat's swift pace and as he returned to the situation at hand, Shanvorin slowed his pace and took bearing of their location. Houses, small shops, a well, kids being called to dinner. Dominic. The shingar's ears pricked up in recognition as the sailor darted past, a few other faces he recognized. A low growl escaping his throat, Shan pressed on just as Kaelan came up behind him, darting out suddenly from behind a small bakery to stop the other party in their tracks.

Dominic staggered back in shock, nearly coming to collide with the beast, but recognized the supposed docile animal soon enough. Before he could speak, however, the sailor was interrupted. "Midnight cat!" cried Paladia suddenly, stepping forward and looking up at Kaelan as he emerged. "What happened to you all?"

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2006, 11:33:23 PM »

Kaelan grins. "Got caught up in a little action. I think the furball here got a little carried away, but we're unhurt. Is Cole and the miss alright? I don't know how many are in the area. We left a few survivors from our own skirmish, one or two, I think."

He pauses briefly, to catch his breath, and then continues for a bit, "You run into anything, or are we just specially fated?"

Why do you ask?

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »

"Got caught up in a little action. I think the furball here got a little carried away, but we're unhurt. Is Cole and the miss alright? I don't know how many are in the area. We left a few survivors from our own skirmish, one or two, I think"

Dominic crossed his heavy forarms over his chest and nodded to himself. "I sent Cole and Rosie with Nyari's grandmother back to her house. They've been through a lot and Rosie was pale as a sheet. And Cole... he's a good lad, but headstrong and too young. He's more ahead of him than what's worth getting hurt in something like this."

The hardened sailor glanced about at their little party. Two women, a cat, two sailors and a warrior. All against Barveras knows how many mercenaries and a criminal. "You're in luck, warrior. We reckon maybe Atreyk's along the docks, and with him Nyari. I want my neice back and if she's not in one peice, so help me..."

Dominic shook the head from his thought and his eyes softened slightly. "We have to go. The sun is fading quickly. We're but a few moments from the docks. Keep your eyes open though... the men might be about and I don't want to make too much of a racket."

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »

Kaelan looks sternly to the sailor, and nods. "I'm with you," is all he says, but it should be enough. The meaning ran a little deeper, indicating that the blades, and quite possibly the life of this warrior were at Dominic's disposal, as long as there was a problem.

Why do you ask?

Thaedras
Captain of The Maiden
Approved Character

Human, Zhunite

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2006, 04:09:23 AM »

Dominic's hardened look softened into a slight smile, realizing the truth of Kaelan's words. With but a gesture of his hand, Dominic once again starts leading the group towards the dock, using empty alleyways and backstreets to avoid any unwanted mercenary attention. The group moved quickly, with little speech, Dom and Shan leading at point. They soon reached the docks, which had large piles of crates scattered through the wharfs.

Now moving slowly, more carefully, the group winds through these crates, heading towards the shipyard. Suddenly, the mercenaries turn a corner at the same instant that the group does. Even though the mercenaries are several peds distant, it is obvious that the group has been seen. Thinking quickly, Thaedras Speaks firmly, yet soft enough for only the party to hear, Take cover.

Thrusting his hand into his sash, Thaedras quickly shakes a small bottle of water while speaking something in the tongue of the arcane. Immediately, the surprised guards look around confusedly, as Thaedras dives behind a pile of crates.

The wind in my Hair, The spray of the ocean in my face.
I love Life at sea.

- Thaedras

Edited by: Thaedras at: 2/19/06 20:12

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »

Kaelan steps behind the crates and begins to crouch, watching as the pirate pulls off another of his magical tricks. When it is finished, he peeks around to look at the mercenaries, and scowls when he sees their confused state. "They're lost," Kaelan growls, starting to stand. "Don't just sit here, we move now!"

His first thought was to run away from the mercenaries, but in their confused state, a better option confronts him, and stepping out into the path they had been using, Kaelan draws his bastard sword and silently charges the confused mercenaries, hewing them down with several quick horizontal slashes the instant he is within range.

Why do you ask?

Edited by: Warrior Kaelan at: 2/24/06 23:04
Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »

Illix silently went along with the group. She didn't care to bother speaking with them, her only goal in this town was to find Atreyk and finish what she'd started. Illix saw the mercenaries and took cover before the man she'd taught a lesson to spoke, and instinctively snapped her razor claws out of her gloves out, ready to charge the men. She remained silent and hidden as the man spoke what seemed to be a spell, and peeked out from behind the crate she was using for shelter to see that the enemy had become dazed and confused. She was about to charge them when a large swordsman beat her to the punch, slashing his way towards the group and cutting down one of their number. I like his style... I guess I had to find myself a competant warrior in this town sooner or later...

She wasted no time taking advantage of the element of surprise, quickly following after the swordsman and running up his back to leap off of his shoulders. She flipped over in midair to land with her hands on the shoulders of one of the mercenaries in the back of the group and carried her momentum forward, pulling him backwards and twisting him sideways. She bent herself and used her feet to brace herself as she raised the man up and hurled him behind herself into the air, looking back and giving his back a powerful straight kick as he was about to hit the ground, sending him sprawling over a ped behind her in the dirt, unconcious and bloodied.

She felt a sharp pain shoot through her body from where her ribs had been injured, but refused to show any sign of weakness as she turned back to face the mercenaries, raising her claws and showing them a devious, almost demonic grin as she spoke.

"So... who's next?"

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2006, 09:03:23 AM »

Paladia dove behind a set of crates while the shingar fled to another pile opposite. Watching with ice blue eyes, Shan couldn't help but curse to himself as Illix and Kaelan took the initiative to attack. "Fools!" he thought bitterly, watching with disdain as two men fell before they could be shaken from their walking reverie, "Ever heard of following orders?". Even before the hipocrisy left his mind, the two remaining mercenaries took action.

One, a boy who could have been younger still than Cole, had fled once Ilix had made her appearance, frightened by her tactics as he turned fleet footed to dash off to the town. The other, a man with a heavy dirk in hand, had managed to evade Kaelan long enough to come up from behind with his blade raised high.

Shan's bright eyes flared with alarm.They needed every armed body they could get their hands on. A loud rumble escaped his throat, loud enough to be heard the few peds seperating him and the fighters. Stepping out into the dusk light, the heavilly muscled cat bared his fangs. Heart pumping in his ears, Shan was only stopped in his tracks by the mercenary's scream.

"The cat!" he screamed into the fading daylight, staggering at the sight and making move to run off, "The man-eating beast. It's here!"

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2006, 09:12:23 PM »

Kaelan wastes no time as the man turns to flee, bringing his bastard sword heavily down the mercenary's spine. Then, he slowly turns on this strange woman who has come to his aid - he had initially thought, fortunately. "All of them!", he says, trying to shout without raising his voice much. "They were lost, damnit, you take them ALL out, not just one!" He raises a glance heavenward, and lifts his blade back to its sheathe on his back, dropping it into the hook with a light huff.

Why do you ask?

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »

Illix glared at the man. How could he not realise that his plan not only wouldn't have taken out all of them, but would've gotten him killed or wounded without her assistance? Hell, if that cat hadn't scared the last one off he'd probably be wounded anyway...

"I don't mind if our prescence is known, it will give that fool Atreyk time to surrender. It was by sheer luck and trickery that saved him last time, not the use of his "men". I don't plan on letting him escape me again, and if he tries to run he'll only be giving up the one thing that could save him from me. I suggest you refrain from telling me what to do in the future, as I will not hesitate to kill you if I am in a foul mood."

With that she turned and resumed heading off again, not caring who chose to continue with her.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]