Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weivóc'Neán // Eophyrhim Elf // Assassin, Bounty Hunter  (Read 26424 times)
Leida Kereborn
Wandering Opportunist
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 01:37:37 AM »

While I'm flattered you find my prose good enough to integrate into your CD edits, please don't lift the words I wrote directly from the page.  I'm not offended by it or anything, but using someone else's suggestions and words exactly won't show the mods how creative and eloquent you are, and that's the whole point! ;)  I was just giving you ideas for how I thought things would read smoother.

"They'll build a statue of us, then later say it's all our fault."

"Wherever you go, you have your rump behind you."
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 06:35:41 AM »

i reworded it where i just copied you and thank you for letting me know but i only did that because i didnt have time to come up with something and just put something there for now so thank you for reminding me to change. Now  maby I have another comment or may i be approved?

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 12:38:54 PM »

I decided that I should probably get back to helping on this side of the board and you are lucky enough to be my test dummy!  I'm a bit rusty so bear with me.  My comments will be in orange.

Name:
    *Current Name = Weivóc Neán(destiny end)[he changed it to this as to let people know his destiny was at an end because he controled his life instead of destiny] (I don't think that the grammar is right here.  I believe it would look something like Weivoc'Nean)
    *True Name: Raugií Avá[pure one(Unfortunately, the word "Ava" can onlt be used in reference to the Goddess or the Numberal One[as in one cow ect.]  Thus you will need to find a different word, or ask someone on the Dev to create one.)].

Height:
    1 Ped, 2 Fores, 2 Palmspans(This is a bit to exact.  If you wish to keep it like this, you will need to explain how you measured yourself so closely.  I would suggest saying "Approximately a ped in two fores.  In addition, this is short for his tribe.  You might want to bump his height up.).

Weight:
    1 pygge, 4 hebs, 3 ods.

Eye Color:
    Black.

Hair Color:
    Nor'sidian- (Everything after this should be put in the description section.  These primary sections are created for the sole purpose of providing fellow Rpers the ability to describe your character quickly.  Such a (relatively) lengthy description defeats the purpose) His hair falls down to his shoulder blades in the back, gradually shortening while heading to his face where it only goes down just below his eyes.

Race:
    Elf.

Tribe:
    Eophyrhim Elf.

Assassin, Bounty Hunter.

Title:
    The Unborn.

Overview:
    From the looks of him, one would not guess this man's troubled and gruesome past. He has grown into a expert assassin. If asked, this man would say "I enjoy what I do for a living". He moves in the night very swiftly and silently. Even though his hair is sort of long, it has never given him away. He always sticks to the shadows and never reveals himself at night while on a mission.   

Physical Appearance:
    He is tall and slender. He is always seen wearing a cloak with a hood on it(move below). From his body structure, one would suppose he is not very strong but a weak and fragile man, even though he is actually strong but his body structure decieves the eye and gives him a different appearence(Wow!  What a run-on.  Might I suggest something along the lines of "Looking at his body structure, one would assume that the Eophyrhim is a frail man, but that is not the case.  Instead, hidden beneath his frail structure, he is quite strong."). A black scarf dangles from his neck that is just barely over the ground; but, this has never hindered him in his missions. He has some tattoos that are just the drawings and not colored in. He has a tattoo of a lone mithral wolf on his back. He also has a hawk soaring on each of his upper arms. On his legs, there is a tattoo of the Eophyrhim hunting hound on each one. Also on his chest, there is a tattoo of a frost dragon(There is no such thing as a "Frost Dragon" atm as it does not have an entry.  Look into Blue Drakes, Ice Drakes ect to find a replacement) curling around staring straight out with spine chilling eyes. He also has 3 piercing on his right ear and 2 piecrings on his left ear.  (First, I would like to see all mentions of clothes removed from here(aside from earings and other piercings) as they belong in the section below.  Secondly, you have possibly the king of all run-ons for your first sentence.  Also, this section needs to be lengthened considerably.  What you have here is bare bones.  Just as a tip, I would suggest envisioning your character from head to toe and then providing a solid paragraph on each major section of the body.  Also, it appears that you paraphrased the appearance section for the Eophyorhim Elves.  What makes your character distinguishable amoung his people.  Aside from the typical "brutish piercings and tattooing of his tribe, what makes his appearance unique?  Maybe he has a birth mark on his back?  does he have pale or dark skin?  Are his eyes round or almond shape?  Details like that help bring a character to life.)

Clothes:
    He is always wearing a black cloak with a hood. Under his cloak, he is wearing a black cloth shirt and pants. He wears black dyed animal hide shoes. He also wears a black scarf that is very long but just short enough that when standing its just barely above the ground.  (This clothing isn't very tribal.  While his tribe is known for its capes, they are not similar to what you describe.  Eophyrhim's pride themselves on being elaborate and even their poorer social classes dress extravegantly.  For specifics, consult the tribe entry under the appropriate heading.)

Personality:
    "A very grim look on life" is what anyone thats knows him says his personality is like. He says that he doesn't have a grim outlook,but he says that he has grown out of his naive life and has gone into the true nature destined for all living beings, which is to become the one on top of the food chain and show that you are more superior compared to thers. He thinks this because this is what he has always been told(No!  Elves, even dark elves believe in a symbiosis with other living creatures.  Death is a part of the cycle and is therefore welcomed.  No one would "fight" to be "at the top of the food chain" in their culture."). When one asks why, he responds "I did it because i found out my true destiny and took it into my own hands and turning it into what I wanted. Also, why hold back your true power when you can show the whole world what you are capable of. By true power, I mean your full and complete strength you can use,(see above)" sneering with a sinister laugh. Most people avoid him because they don't want to get on his bad side which is easy to get on(Not very like his tribe either.  While they are generally avoided, its because they are taken as barbaric, not becuase they are tempermental.  Actually, they are reowned for being polite, calm and respectful.  Also, Elves are not prone to lashing out irrationally all the time as it does not fix their modus operandi.  Thus, I would suggest changing the character to a human as it is more plausible to have such a personality). People know about this from where he killed someone for just talking in a wrong tone to him(see above). He does not mind openly telling people the truth, because he thinks people who lie are just weak people who deserve to die(Mindless slaughter is not very elven. Your personality most definatly does not describe an elf.). Though no one knows it but him, he has a soft spot for wolves and foxes and will not abandon one in danger or that is injured.

Strengths:
    *Stealth Skills- Ability to stealthily kill people without their knowledge and to conceal himself in the shadows.
    *Strength- Able to swing any blade fast no watter the weight(Oh really?  So your character can swing a 2000 pound blade at fast rates? =P).
    *Endurance- Able to run long distances and able to last long through fights.
    *Weapon skills- Can use swords(preferably his customized scimitar), Salén Pins, and Coorán'Lóh Blades very well.(Each of these should be listed as it's own strength along with his skill in each, defining how great of a strength it is.  Also, these are not weapons that he would use either.  While scimitar makes sense, Salen Pins and Coranloh Blades aren't something he would have come in contact with.  Maybe a bow instead.  Also, Eophyrhim's favor poison.  Why does your character not use some?)
    *Adaptable- He has always been able to learn and adapt very easily to anything including weapon skills or harsh weather.
(In addition, your tribe as an innate resistance to poisons.  This should be listed as a strength)
Weaknesses:
    *Nervousness- He has always been afraid of being in a giant crowd, and when in one, he get nervous and can easily lose control and start attacking people.(Why is this not in his personality?)
    *Slow Healing- He heals relatively slowly(Elves heal quickly).
    *Persistent- Due to always being persistent, he has almost killed himself several times and has lost many deals on items and merchandise.
    *Weak Immune- Due to an ingrown immune system, he is susceptible to poisons, toxins, and diseases more than the usual elf. He has not grown immune to poison like a normal Eophyrhim elf, because he has never used poison on an enemy except to poison people, and not to catch animals.(Double no.  Firstly, his tribe is immune to poisons.  Secondly, elves rarely catch diseases and heal faster than humans, thus making them practically immune.  Thus this weakness doesn't really make sense)

Right now, you are extremely unbalanced.  Add many more weaknesses as you have many great strenghts and only a few small weaknesses.

History:

Don't have time to do a read through here, but I will eventually.

Weapons:
    *Salén Pin- Was showed to him by his dad when he was 49 and he choose to use them while his dad taught him somewhat how to use them. He got better on his own with his own training course for them he built. (These weapons would NOT under any cicumstances befound within his homeland.  If he ever came in contact with them, it would be after he left.  The tribe only uses bows and scimitars and has a slight Xenophobia, not allowing traders into their lands)
    *Coorán'Lóh Blades- He bought these himself at the age of 97 and learned to use them on his own. (See above)
    *Modified Scimitar- Given to him as his 26th birthday present. It's modified by making the blade longer and a little less curved while still keeping it slim. This was made at his request.

(Nearly all weapons found in the tribe are traditionally painted Black or Silver.  Why are yours not?)

Belongings:
    *His weapons.
    *His clothes.
    *A sack for all his money.
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »

Alright I've done what I think needs to be done.

p.s. @Drasil - The reason for the nothing like an Eophyrhim, or for a matter of fact somewhat not like an elf, is because I was told my character should be unique. So I thought, why not make him not much like what he is supposed to be and make him something almost completely different and somewhat opposite? So yeah, thats why he is like he is because I've heard "...your character should be very unique...".

lukecash
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 07:35:51 AM »

I personally think you can make your character more interesting and make him seem alive by telling why he is so grim, and most likely showing that even HE has a bit of remorse for all of his deeds...
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 07:47:31 AM »

He is supposed to seem dead inside and also he doesnt show remorse because he partly believes he is Death's Right Hand doing his deeds.

lukecash
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »

Hmmm, it just doesn't seem like the point of cd's is to make a nonflexible, chance mistake of creation, like the fact that all assassins have some remorse on the earth we live in. It just doesn't fit into the economic or ethics and physics system. Everything worships the dreamer in this world in some way, maybe your character likes her counterpart, and thinks Coor is out to save her from the endless dream. And maybe your character pities those that he has to kill in order to help Coor.
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »

The only remorse he has is for the death of wolves.

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »

I've changed it to match what someone told me to so can i get a check on it mainly my history and personality? Please and thank you, but just so you know im not in a rush so when you get the time check if you will.

lukecash
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »

Maybe you could say why he has a soft spot for wolves, such as feeling akin to them, philosophically and spiritually, somehow he feels that he wanders constantly, and he doesn't see why his weak instincts always want him to live like a mortal...
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

Its been 3 days since last comment but I'm not pushing so when ya get around to it please take a little time to leave another comment.

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:00:53 PM »

Other then a few spelling and grammar mistakes it's pretty good but
you need to balance your strengths/weaknesses to atleast a 1 to 1 ratio
not to be nit picky but you have 7 strengths and 6 weaknesses
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:01:26 PM by Kaldez’Yadra » Logged

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 01:49:55 AM »

Devien, I came back here to give you another check, only to find that half of my comments were not integrated and no explanation at all, leet alone any valid reasoning, was provided as to why they were not changed.  Its customary to address ALL comments before begging for more.
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 07:41:04 AM »

I am going to point out what i fixed even though you say i fixed less than half.

I decided that I should probably get back to helping on this side of the board and you are lucky enough to be my test dummy!  I'm a bit rusty so bear with me.  My comments will be in orange.

Name:
    *Current Name = Weivóc Neán(destiny end)[he changed it to this as to let people know his destiny was at an end because he controled his life instead of destiny] (I don't think that the grammar is right here.  I believe it would look something like Weivoc'Nean)
    *True Name: Raugií Avá[pure one(Unfortunately, the word "Ava" can onlt be used in reference to the Goddess or the Numberal One[as in one cow ect.]  Thus you will need to find a different word, or ask someone on the Dev to create one.)].
i fixed this so i should be fine

Height:
    1 Ped, 2 Fores, 2 Palmspans(This is a bit to exact.  If you wish to keep it like this, you will need to explain how you measured yourself so closely.  I would suggest saying "Approximately a ped in two fores.  In addition, this is short for his tribe.  You might want to bump his height up.).
i also fixed this so be happy

Weight:
    1 pygge, 4 hebs, 3 ods.

Eye Color:
    Black.

Hair Color:
    Nor'sidian- (Everything after this should be put in the description section.  These primary sections are created for the sole purpose of providing fellow Rpers the ability to describe your character quickly.  Such a (relatively) lengthy description defeats the purpose) His hair falls down to his shoulder blades in the back, gradually shortening while heading to his face where it only goes down just below his eyes.
moved this down as recommended

Race:
    Elf.

Tribe:
    Eophyrhim Elf.

Assassin, Bounty Hunter.

Title:
    The Unborn.

Overview:
    From the looks of him, one would not guess this man's troubled and gruesome past. He has grown into a expert assassin. If asked, this man would say "I enjoy what I do for a living". He moves in the night very swiftly and silently. Even though his hair is sort of long, it has never given him away. He always sticks to the shadows and never reveals himself at night while on a mission.   

Physical Appearance:
    He is tall and slender. He is always seen wearing a cloak with a hood on it(move below). From his body structure, one would suppose he is not very strong but a weak and fragile man, even though he is actually strong but his body structure decieves the eye and gives him a different appearence(Wow!  What a run-on.  Might I suggest something along the lines of "Looking at his body structure, one would assume that the Eophyrhim is a frail man, but that is not the case.  Instead, hidden beneath his frail structure, he is quite strong."). A black scarf dangles from his neck that is just barely over the ground; but, this has never hindered him in his missions. He has some tattoos that are just the drawings and not colored in. He has a tattoo of a lone mithral wolf on his back. He also has a hawk soaring on each of his upper arms. On his legs, there is a tattoo of the Eophyrhim hunting hound on each one. Also on his chest, there is a tattoo of a frost dragon(There is no such thing as a "Frost Dragon" atm as it does not have an entry.  Look into Blue Drakes, Ice Drakes ect to find a replacement) curling around staring straight out with spine chilling eyes. He also has 3 piercing on his right ear and 2 piecrings on his left ear.  (First, I would like to see all mentions of clothes removed from here(aside from earings and other piercings) as they belong in the section below.  Secondly, you have possibly the king of all run-ons for your first sentence.  Also, this section needs to be lengthened considerably.  What you have here is bare bones.  Just as a tip, I would suggest envisioning your character from head to toe and then providing a solid paragraph on each major section of the body.  Also, it appears that you paraphrased the appearance section for the Eophyorhim Elves.  What makes your character distinguishable amoung his people.  Aside from the typical "brutish piercings and tattooing of his tribe, what makes his appearance unique?  Maybe he has a birth mark on his back?  does he have pale or dark skin?  Are his eyes round or almond shape?  Details like that help bring a character to life.)
im on fixing this as what you suggest will take precious time which i have had little of lately

Clothes:
    He is always wearing a black cloak with a hood. Under his cloak, he is wearing a black cloth shirt and pants. He wears black dyed animal hide shoes. He also wears a black scarf that is very long but just short enough that when standing its just barely above the ground.  (This clothing isn't very tribal.  While his tribe is known for its capes, they are not similar to what you describe.  Eophyrhim's pride themselves on being elaborate and even their poorer social classes dress extravegantly.  For specifics, consult the tribe entry under the appropriate heading.)
i fixed this up some so just need this check again

Personality:
    "A very grim look on life" is what anyone thats knows him says his personality is like. He says that he doesn't have a grim outlook,but he says that he has grown out of his naive life and has gone into the true nature destined for all living beings, which is to become the one on top of the food chain and show that you are more superior compared to thers. He thinks this because this is what he has always been told(No!  Elves, even dark elves believe in a symbiosis with other living creatures.  Death is a part of the cycle and is therefore welcomed.  No one would "fight" to be "at the top of the food chain" in their culture."). When one asks why, he responds "I did it because i found out my true destiny and took it into my own hands and turning it into what I wanted. Also, why hold back your true power when you can show the whole world what you are capable of. By true power, I mean your full and complete strength you can use,(see above)" sneering with a sinister laugh. Most people avoid him because they don't want to get on his bad side which is easy to get on(Not very like his tribe either.  While they are generally avoided, its because they are taken as barbaric, not becuase they are tempermental.  Actually, they are reowned for being polite, calm and respectful.  Also, Elves are not prone to lashing out irrationally all the time as it does not fix their modus operandi.  Thus, I would suggest changing the character to a human as it is more plausible to have such a personality). People know about this from where he killed someone for just talking in a wrong tone to him(see above). He does not mind openly telling people the truth, because he thinks people who lie are just weak people who deserve to die(Mindless slaughter is not very elven. Your personality most definatly does not describe an elf.). Though no one knows it but him, he has a soft spot for wolves and foxes and will not abandon one in danger or that is injured.
as i stated he is and has always been diferent as he has always just thought this ay for some reason. its like why do you think like you do? its just how you are.

Strengths:
    *Stealth Skills- Ability to stealthily kill people without their knowledge and to conceal himself in the shadows.
    *Strength- Able to swing any blade fast no watter the weight(Oh really?  So your character can swing a 2000 pound blade at fast rates? =P).
fixed this
    *Endurance- Able to run long distances and able to last long through fights.
    *Weapon skills- Can use swords(preferably his customized scimitar), Salén Pins, and Coorán'Lóh Blades very well.(Each of these should be listed as it's own strength along with his skill in each, defining how great of a strength it is.  Also, these are not weapons that he would use either.  While scimitar makes sense, Salen Pins and Coranloh Blades aren't something he would have come in contact with.  Maybe a bow instead.  Also, Eophyrhim's favor poison.  Why does your character not use some?)
as stated my caracter is different and for some reason did not like them as he did not believe in them thus making him have little resistance except the little gained when his mother was pregnant and ate food with it. Also i stated reasons in history as to how he got the weapons
    *Adaptable- He has always been able to learn and adapt very easily to anything including weapon skills or harsh weather.
(In addition, your tribe as an innate resistance to poisons.  This should be listed as a strength)
as stated he didnt believe in them and only ate food without poisons thus giving him no resistance
Weaknesses:
    *Nervousness- He has always been afraid of being in a giant crowd, and when in one, he get nervous and can easily lose control and start attacking people.(Why is this not in his personality?)
added to personality
    *Slow Healing- He heals relatively slowly(Elves heal quickly).
he is different then most elf thus giving him different features of physical and mental
    *Persistent- Due to always being persistent, he has almost killed himself several times and has lost many deals on items and merchandise.
    *Weak Immune- Due to an ingrown immune system, he is susceptible to poisons, toxins, and diseases more than the usual elf. He has not grown immune to poison like a normal Eophyrhim elf, because he has never used poison on an enemy except to poison people, and not to catch animals.(Double no.  Firstly, his tribe is immune to poisons.  Secondly, elves rarely catch diseases and heal faster than humans, thus making them practically immune.  Thus this weakness doesn't really make sense)
as stated before he is different physically

Right now, you are extremely unbalanced.  Add many more weaknesses as you have many great strenghts and only a few small weaknesses.
as stated before time has been of shortage for me lately so working on

History:

Don't have time to do a read through here, but I will eventually.
i dont mind i should be fine but look when you get time and feel like doing so

Weapons:
    *Salén Pin- Was showed to him by his dad when he was 49 and he choose to use them while his dad taught him somewhat how to use them. He got better on his own with his own training course for them he built. (These weapons would NOT under any cicumstances befound within his homeland.  If he ever came in contact with them, it would be after he left.  The tribe only uses bows and scimitars and has a slight Xenophobia, not allowing traders into their lands)
ive changed to get later after he left with reasonable excuse in history
    *Coorán'Lóh Blades- He bought these himself at the age of 97 and learned to use them on his own. (See above)
see above red
    *Modified Scimitar- Given to him as his 26th birthday present. It's modified by making the blade longer and a little less curved while still keeping it slim. This was made at his request.

(Nearly all weapons found in the tribe are traditionally painted Black or Silver.  Why are yours not?)
i never said anything about color and even if i did maybe like ive said a few times, he is different thus making him want different colors but i havent said anything about colors of weapons

Belongings:
    *His weapons.
    *His clothes.
    *A sack for all his money.

i know i sound like im fussing but ive had little time at home with my programs i use and stuff so havent been able to fix some things but ive fixed over half the things you asked me to.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:44:43 AM by Devien » Logged

lukecash
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

Really, his point is not to ask for more comments when you still have discrepancies to fix.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]