* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally in the valley of the Brownies  (Read 26314 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »

Around the back of the hut, Ta'las catches sight of a few faint tracks that wind toward a large tree.  The footprints are again unevenly spaced and one slightly deeper than the other, indicating that whomever has made them is limping.  He finally catches sight of a few impressions in the ground beneath the limb of a large tree.  What is noticable is that the front of the impression is deeper than the back, as if someone has hopped into the air from the balls of their feet.  The Shendar is about to exclaim that he knows where 'Teri can be found, and even sees a slight movement up in the tree, but he stops himself.

As they walk, Ta'las notices that Morcaanan is lost in thought.  Why is 'Teri up in the tree, and why does Morcaanan seem preoccupied? he wonders, though he begins to formulate a possible reason.  The Shendar stops by the trunk of the tree and raises his voice loud enough for 'Teri to hear.  "When we finally find 'Teri, I expect that Talia will want to have words with her about splitting up.  I doubt Garrek will attempt to confront us here, but we can never be certain."

"We should continue on this way," he says, pointing up another path that skirts around a small sunlit glen.  The glen is filled with tall grass that rustles as it bends in the wind, and reminds him very much of ar'pun, but with coarser leaves.  "By the way, my friend," he says quietly, once they are well away from the hut.  "'Teri is safe up in the branches of the tree back there.  I am guessing she is being evasive, though it is not my business," he adds with a grin.

He loses the grin and his face is a little more serious when he thinks of what the next few days might bring for Talia nd Terra.  "I have never met a brownie before.  What do you think might happen during our meeting with the brownies tomorrow?"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:41:29 PM by Talas Anthavin » Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »

"Yes, Tulpje, I should go down."

She hears Ta'las walking past, along with someone - Morcaanan. Quickly, 'Teri looks away from the brownie to hide the pain in her eyes, resituating herself until he legs hung out over the edge where she'd come from. Getting down, she is suddenly beginning to realize, is not going to be as easy as getting up was. Carefully, she eases herself over the edge, and begins to use her arms to lift herself down to the branch below. This works relatively well, and she is standing on the lower branch, her eyes just visible above the one where Tulpje stands. Cheerily, she asks, "Tulpje, you want to come down, too? We would like you to."

Her words are each spoken deliberately, and with a little thought as she cuts somethings out of each sentence, in an attempt to speak at the same level of skill with the language as the brownie. With the invitation extended, 'Teri gets another grip on the upper branch as she tries to kneel solidly on the one below to help herself down to the surface.

'Teri doesn't realize her left hand lets go a little early, before she is properly situated, and suddenly the branch is slipping out from under her feet, a startled cry is cut short by the branch catching her directly in the chest and knocking the air out of her lungs before letting her fall completely to lie on her back on the ground.
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2007, 11:10:06 PM »

They were now out of earshot of the hut, and Ta'las questions mercifully forced brought Morcaanan out of his reverie.

"I have never encountered their kind before" he admitted. "Until today, I had never met a Brownie or a halfling. Though I do wonder at what we may see. If the elves could not help your people in the forest, what could these little folk possibly have that they do not? After all, I have always been told that elves are the oldest and most powerful of peoples like us." He meant mainly, those who go on two legs. "And while I do not wish to sound pessimistic, if they have such great powers of healing, they must certainly have other powers as well."

He let his last sentence hang in the air uncertainly.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2007, 01:01:59 AM »

Teri missing? Capher thought. He stared at the opening of the hut. He wanted to go look for Teri but Terra needed him as well. He was torn, but then Ta'las came to the rescue and walked out; Capher could see the determination upon the young Shendar's face. "Talia, I think that Ta'las, along with Morcaanan will find her. I will stay with Terra if you want to go search for her yourself as well."
Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2007, 02:51:43 AM »

Terra takes the mouse from Capher with her finger tips as if not wanting to touch it and looks at it a long moment, but looks up when Talia enters and says 'Teri is missing. She watches as Capher starts to leave, but her attention turns to the mousy he wanted her to try and eat. Terra takes a small nibble not sure if she likes eating mousyand does not want to disappoint her daddy by showing she does not like mousy. It is spicy but doen't taste bad so she tentitively takes half in her next bite, chews it a little and then wrickles her nose in disgust when her teeth start crunching on little bones. Terra is about to spit out the half chewed mousy when a faint memory of her mommy telling her not to spit out food, "Don't spit out food Terra. It's rude. Just chew it quickly and swallow. If you still don't like it you don't have to eat the rest.", the voice is smooth and the expression smiles encouragingly, but Terra can never seem to see her mommies face in her memories. She chew the mouthful quickly and forces herself to swallow not wanting to be rude, the puts the rest of the mousy back on the plate retracting her hand quickly as if it may bite.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2007, 09:12:53 AM »

He nods his agreement to Morcaanan.  "I think like you, though Capher believes they have magic that can heal such wounds.  I am uncertain that they are more powerful than the elves, just that their magic is of a different type."  He shrugs and looks around the glen and then stops.

"I know of no one who has travelled to the Vale - and guessing by the state of things here it likely has been some time."  Then he shrugs.  "But I do not feel in danger here, just out-of-place."  He looks down at his clothing then, and smiles.  "I suspect I look out-of-place anywhere but the Rahaz-Dath, so that is not saying much."

"I suspect that we have gone far enough that 'Teri will have come down from her 'roost' if she is ready.  Shall we head back to the hut and tell the others we've found her?"
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2007, 11:12:21 PM »

"But I do not feel in danger here, just out-of-place. I suspect I look out-of-place anywhere but the Rahaz-Dath, so that is not saying much."

Morcaanan couldn't help but think that Ta'las was at least on his own continent - Morcaanan could not even claim that much.

"I suspect that we have gone far enough that 'Teri will have come down from her 'roost' if she is ready.  Shall we head back to the hut and tell the others we've found her?"


"We might as well" the mercenary replies half-heartedly, following Ta'las lead back to the hut.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2007, 04:25:24 AM »

Talia is torn between the choices, to stay here with Capher and Terra as Ta‘las said or to search herself as Capher proposed. She is again on the verge of a mental breakdown and would prefer that someone would actually say, how she could help. But before she comes to any decision, she hears a strange sound behind the hut followed by a dump one as if something heavy has fallen down.  She sallies out and runs around the corner - and there lies Teri motionless on the ground. On an instant she knees next to her, talking softly to her, calling out her name, jolting carefully at her shoulders and when that not helps, she caresses her pale face.

But Teri is not moving and Talia can‘t think straight anymore. A thought invades her mind - ‚Teri is dead‘ - and any reasonable behaviour is lost. She just sits and sobs „Teri“ and the tears are streaming down her face so that her vision is blurred.



« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:49:42 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2007, 04:45:41 AM »

Tulpje wants to follow 'Teri down, but before she can do so, her face disappears, quite suddenly. The small grey brownie hobbles to the side of the hut and looks down to see 'Teri lying on the ground, not moving. With a small cry, easily suppressed, she turns and walks to Nash as quickly as she can. She climbs up onto his back nimbly, and orders him to fly down. By the time she gets there, another of the Big folk as kneeling by 'Teri, sobbing her name.

Quickly Tulpje descends again, sending Nash up into a tree to watch, and walks over to the two women, her right leg dragging just a little bit. She climbs up onto one of 'Teri's shoulders, her small feet placed carefully so that she will not hurt the unconscious woman. She carefully reaches out and manages to put a small hand over 'Teri's mouth, the other one resting on her chin. Her tiny hand feels the movement of air above it. When she straightens, she can feel herself go up and down, even if it is just a little bit. She quickly goes over to the other woman, who is still sobbing, and climbs off the other shoulder. Patting one knee with her small hand, to draw attention, she says: "Please, no cry? Has life." She says, pointing at the woman who is lying next to them. "Still is breath." she sounds quite certain of herself, and she hopes that the woman will stop sobbing. She couldn't really watch people cry without trying to comfort them - even if they were Big People.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »

Talia sobs and doesn't realise, that a little voice is trying to comfort her until she is pinched hard in her arm by somebody. Her eyes still full of tears Talia can‘t see properly, but she hears a determined voice saying:

„Don‘t be stupid, your friend is not dead nor dying, just unconscious with some bruises maybe. So stop wailing but help to bring her into the hut. I want to talk to you soon and tell you what will await you and this other woman tomorrow. Go and fetch somebody to carry her in!“

Talia is so surprised that she indeed stops crying and looks at the little Brownie - Primrose, but without reacting to her.

„Tulpje, you could be of some use as well ,   go and get some of the big people to help. This one she points at Talia seems to have grown roots!“
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:53:44 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2007, 12:18:54 PM »

Up ahead of them, Ta'las hears the sounds of a commotion as Talia, 'Teri and a couple of the brownies come into view.  He feels a sick sensation in his stomach.  "Morcaanan!  'Teri is injured."  He rushes to them and asks Talia what has happened, but his Shendar-sister is too distraught to reply.

One of the brownies - the one called Primrose - however says, "she is well, but she must be taken inside."  She looks icily at Ta'las and firmly adds, "Now."

The Shendar nods and looks to Morcaanan.  "My friend, can you please see to Lady 'Teri?  I must help Talia back inside."

He gently puts a hand on Talia's shoulder and beckons her to rise.  "Lord Morcaanan will see to 'Teri.  Please, Talia, there is nothing that can be gained by staying out here."
Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »

'Teri is not knocked unconscious from the blow, but breathless, watching with fading vision everything happen around her - as Talia approaches, her breath returns, although breathing is still hard. Then, a crowd gathers, and slowly begins to disperse as her senses begin to return completely, and as Ta'las is trying to comfort Talia, she is left with Morcaanan. In shame, 'Teri rolls onto her side, wanting to hide her face from him. He could - maybe, he still might, although it is unlikely, simply turn and walk away. After all, she has told him that they shouldn't be together. And yet now seems one of those moments when really, she wants him the most. Her stomach and lower chest hurt terribly bad, forming a large bruise where she was hit by the limb - and the more she lays there, the worse she feels, not only physically, for that, she supposes, is destined to hurt for some time before going away, but her mind also, to know that Morcaanan is there, and even willing to help after she knows she hurt him.

The tears that formed in her eyes as she struggles to arise, making slow, steady headway, are not only those of pain, but as much, and possibly even more of a hurt inside, knowing that she has hurt him - and he is still there.
Logged

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2007, 12:30:16 AM »



As Talia sees Teri moving again she is relieved, but the emotional strain of the last time takes its toll. Ta‘las hand on her shoulder gives her comfort though and she gets up, looking nevertheless lost.  She is so glad that Ta‘las is here, as a brother of the desert he gives her strength. On the other side he knows, that she doesn‘t behave like a Shendar woman, who are strong, strong enough to stand up against the hardness of a hostile environment.

Talia looks at him and wants to thank him for being him and here, but then she takes his arm and hides her faces on his shoulder, whispering, so that only he can hear it:

“Ta‘las, will I ever be strong again and  worth to be called a Shendar woman? I feel I have betrayed their trust in me when they made me one of them. The killing of the Estar was pure luck and I‘m not at all a good fighter. How can I ever return to them and look openly in their faces? But I long so much for the desert that my heart aches.“


Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »

He whispers, "there is more to being a Shendar warrior than swinging a sword, Talia.  It takes much inner strength and courage to face one's limits."  Ta'las pats Talia's arm and smiles wistfully.  "There is no doubt in my mind, however, that it was by neither luck nor accident that you slew the ráhaz'estár.  You will always be Shendar, Talia, and you always will bring the Ráhaz-Dáth with you.  Otherwise, you would not have responded to my tales of Baveras' trials to bring water to the desert.  Speak no more of betrayal, instead you must prepare yourself for your healing."

He steps away from Talia, though he keeps his eyes on her.  "There is strength in you Talia Sturmwind, that has just been misplaced.  I think that it is the brownies who will help you to find it again."

Ta'las then looks down at the little brownie with the wounded leg, who looked to have been trying to console 'Teri and Talia.  "Speaking of brownies."  He bends down and smiles at Tulpje.  "Greetings little one.  I am Ta'las, son of An'thavin, of the Shen-Kha'si.  Thank you for looking after my friends."

Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2007, 07:52:40 PM »

Capher heard the cry of Ta'las and wanted so much to go outside and help but he could not leave Terra. Soon, he hoped they would all come into the hut and he could find out what happened.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]

[February 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM]

[January 02, 2018, 02:30:49 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2836
Latest: Tcastacy
Stats
Total Posts: 214554
Total Topics: 8049
Online Today: 74
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx