Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally in the valley of the Brownies  (Read 25978 times)
Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »

Eden is close enough to Capher and Talia to overhear their conversation. The dwarf watched Capher's face closely as she spoke, and felt that he spoke the truth... he did not even know where they were going! The cleric thought on it for a moment's time and then picked up her robes and stood, walking towards them.

"When I was a wee lass," she began, standing between the two and brushing a strand of golden hair from her eyes, " My mother lost one of her earrings. She searched for days and days and days, but could not find it. But when I was playing on the floor, it was no trouble at all for me to pick it up from some dust." The dwarf pauses, running a hand through her beard and then looks at Capher with a quirked brow. "Small things are hard to find without small people, Old One. Especially if they, perhaps, do not wish to be found."

The dwarf pointedly turns her gaze to Kenril who was standing out of earshot. "He is small, but maybe not small enough. I do not know what god has blessed you, but you would be able to... disguise your wee friend as a friend of theirs? It would do well to quicken your search and my opportunity to have a night's comfortable rest."
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »

With Talia's arm around her, Terra tries to cuddle up all the more, like with Capher it was a warm safe place and the troubles in her mind don't seem so bad.

Inside the Terra they knew still struggled for her life, her lungs burning with need and realization of the sensation of drowing, but it was not a torrent of water that was drowning her. Still she struggled and seems to make headway toward the shore of the torrent, she could feel the death of mind press on her and knew that if she could not save herself she would spend the rest of her life in torment, insane. If there was ever something that terrifies her more than the pain of the darkness in her mind it was loosing the one thing that she values more than her life, her very sanity. Somehow she knows her sanity is no longer in her grasp, but at least she has hope that its still within her reach.

Finally as if by pure mirical she make it to the shore in her mind, with every fiber of her remaining mentle strength she pulls herself up out of the torrent waters, even muddy the solidity of the ground was comforting in a way, but did little to easy the suffering she felt, feeling as if she was an instant from drowning, from the death of her mind. Terra could only lay on the bank within her mind lungs burning with every needed breath, her body burning no less and feeling as if a great weight had be placed upon her preventing her from moving. She knew in time she would recover her strenth, but yet another thing came to torment her conciousness, she could not feel, she could feel the world within her mind, but not what was without, she was lost and did not know how she could find her way back. Could she find her way back? The outside was a totally different plane, she could not siimply walk there, the connection was invisible from her mental place to that of the real world outside.

Eden the Dwarf moves closer to Capher, speaking with him. Terra looks to Capher smiling happly from Talia's arms, then looks to Eden, her eyes taking her in with a look of innocent wonder for a long moment before looking up at Talia a questioning look on her face.

"Mommy is that a girl?"
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:21 AM »

"My magic dear lady fails me, besides I can not disguise anyone except myself" Capher spoke to Eden. "But you have given me an idea."

Terra looks at Eden and asks, "Is that a girl, mommy?"

Capher had to hide a smile and coughed to cover the laugh that wanted to escape from his lungs.  Capher decided to answer for Talia.

"No Terra. This is Lady Eden, she is a dwarf and a woman." He explained.
Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »

"Mommy is that a girl?"

Eden's face lights up bright with rage and embarassment and her flowing beard quivers with her as she tries to contain herself from exploding. Eden is drained and frustrated over the day's events and in her moment of anxiety, the dwarf forgets the mental illness that has stricken this poor woman's soul and receives her comment as though it had been a sarcastic jab.

Before the dwarf can reply, or rather, explode, Capher answers the question that the woman had directed towards Talia.

"Aye, he is right" she adds after Capher has spoken, her tone dripping with bitterness, "I am a female dwarf and, pray save me, lady, your ignorance will be the death of us all! Urtengor deliver you." In a huff, the cleric turns on her heel and begins strutting over to her bag.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »

Terra looks back to the dwarf in open innocent wonder but then the dwarf seems to get mad. She looks back to Capher then up to Talia confusion on her features and as if to say wordlessly that she is sorry for doing something bad.

"Mommy? Daddy? I never seen a dwarf before. Did I say something bad to dwarves?"

She cuddles tightly against to Talia and whines.

"I didn't mean to be bad."

Talia's arms encircle Terra more tightly trying to comfort her, this task being difficult as Terra's distress reveals a sliver of her own. Both women needed the brownies help, one could only wonder where such help would lead Terra or if she would forever have the mind of a small child.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:24:53 AM by Terra Artemos » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »

Seeing the distress in Terra's eyes, Ta'las realizes how far back she has travelled in her mind.  The Shendar prepares some more of the tea he has been drinking.  It is both mild and sweet, and growing up it was something his mother-sister had always made for him when he was upset.

When he finishes, he kneels down on one knee next to Terra.  "Here, Lady Terra, this may help you feel better."  He holds out the mug handle-first to her, as it is quite hot, and so he adds, "blow on it and be careful.  It will burn your mouth if you drink it fast."

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »

Morcaanan smiled at the suggestion of letting the others go on without them; all things considered he liked it better...and the others saw fit to busy themselves with whether or not to continue, so he would let them.

"Waiting may be wise. If they force the issue, I can carry you, but for now..." He shrugged and kept half an eye on the others as they deliberated.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »

"Mommy is that a girl?"

Talia has to hide a smile when Terra asks this question, for Eden is not pleased to be mistaken for a child - a bearded child.  Capher, earnest and solemn, gives the answer in a quiet way, as if it would have been a normal thing to ask and as Talia can see, just managed to avoid that a certain female dwarf exploded. However, not all of Eden‘s anger is gone and so she mutters about Terra‘s ignorance and that this might well be the cause for their death. In this moment Talia is very annoyed about Eden, shouldn‘t she have noticed by now, that something is wrong with Terra? Well, maybe not. Terra is nearly crying and cuddles nearer to her. Talia chooses to say nothing but only whispers in Terra‘s ear“ It is all right, Terra, don‘t worry!“

And then Ta‘las comes and offers a cup of desert grown tea, this soothing mild one Talia preferred always to the sharper Mil‘no tea which is served more regularly. she takes the cup from ta‘las hands to give it to Terra.

“That is a great idea, Ta‘las, thank you!“

She now smiles openly to him.

“I‘m so glad to have you with us!“

After blowing for a little while over the surface she gives the cup to Terra.

“Terra, here, drink, that will make you feel better!“

Talia is worried. How long will Terra‘s be in this childlike state? And is this dangerous? What happens  inside her? Is there a need to hurry? she looks over to Teri, wondering if she would be able to walk herself soon. If she only would have all her medicine bag with her, the mil‘no paste applied on her legs would surely help to recover quickly. But most of her stuff stayed back with Swing. Well, she should have a look at Teri‘s legs nevertheless. but Talia is reluctant to leave Terra alone as well. whom could she ask to takes her place? Well - daddy - Capher.

“Capher, could you please come and sit a moment with Terra? I would like to have a look at Teri.“

she gets up but waits for Capher to take her place before leaving.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 04:55:01 AM »

Capher nodded after hearing Talia's request, "Go on ahead Talia and see if you can help Teri," and sat down next to Terra putting his arm around her as he watched her sip her tea that Ta'las had given her.  The smell of the tea was very soothing.  "Ta'las would you mind making me a cup of that tea. It smells very good."

Capher kept his eyes always roving from one person to another and then all around their surroundings. He did not want to be caught unaware again.  Besides he was hoping he might catch a glimpse of a brownie for he was sure they knew that he and his party were in there vale and were watching them.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »

Terra seem set more at ease by Talia's whispered words of comfort, yet still troubled by the reaction to her question unable to grasp what she did wrong. She listens intently to the exchange between Talia and Ta'las, him being near seeming to make her feel just a little better to, finally recieving the mug Talia had cooled for her. When Talia raises to her feet a forlorn expression draws across her face and is only slightly soothed by her request that Capher sit with her, and only extinguished by him doing so wrapping a comforting arm around her. Only then does Terra take careful sips as a child would while Capher watches over her and asks for a cup of tea for himself.

"Daddy? Are you going to have tea with me to? How about the nice boy Ta'las? Is he going to have tea with us to?"

Her voice is still strained, clearly still feeling confused and guilty over whatever was sead to upset Eden.

"Daddy? Why is Eden the dwarf woman mad at me?"

She looks down at the mug, still a little upset, slowly sipping the tea in child sips appearing to try and figure out the answer herself.

"Daddy, I should say sorry right?"
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 03:03:01 AM »

Capher smiled down at Terra. "Yes, Terra I am going to have some tea. I am not sure about Ta'las though, he probably will have some."

Terra's condition was it worsening or becoming better? Capher did not know.  But the child within her was trying to grasp concepts that any other child her age would try to.  She thought she had done something wrong when she asked if Eden was a girl.  She thought she should say she was sorry. 

Which were all good signs as far as a child learning proper ettiquette and right from wrong.  However the problem is that when you look at Terra, you do not see a little girl, you see a woman; and most people expect a woman to talk and act like a woman, not like a child.  This what concerned Capher most; those in the party looked at Terra and saw a woman not a child and if she continued acting and talking like a child would they want her to still be with them?  Especially Eden, who was having the most difficult time with Terra and Capher did not blame her.

Perhaps relations would be better if Terra apologized. "Terra, I think that what you suggested about saying your sorry to Lady Eden is a very good idea."
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:04:57 PM »

Ta'las nods to Capher and sets about making enough tea in the pot for each of the others.  He carries the makeshift kettle - just a plain pot - to each of the others and pours a cupful for those who accept his offer.  When he is done, he pours himself another mug and sets himself down next to Capher and Terra.

He looks up at Capher.  "Do you suppose the brownies will already have sent word to their leaders of our arrival, or will it take some time before they make contact?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Terra looks up from her tea as Capher agrees that she should apologize and see's that he is concerned.

"Really? But daddy, I don't know what I did bad."

Terra lays on the river bank in her mind try as she might she could not bring strength back to herself, aside from this something else begins to trouble her, something that had been out of place. She thinks hard on what had happened within the landscape of her mind. Finally that minute detail comes to her, before she had fallen into the river and swept up in to torrent she had come across a young girl that seemed disturbingly femillure and yet Terra could not place her. Who was the young girl, and why is she so ingrained in her mind to be manifest so clearly? At the time the girl had been terrified, the dark specters and demons of Terra's mind were attacking her. Terra thought little of who and why, she had little time to consider such questions, but now she does and with the recolection of the girl comes another question what happened to the girl after she fell into the torrents of the river in her mind?

Terra seem to sip her tea deliberately more slowly as she looks back at Eden, obviously scared and nervous about approaching the dwarf to say she is sorry. She had never seen a dwarf before, she does not know what she did wrong, and is scared to do something else bad. Ta'las coming to sit next to them only help to add to Terra's hesitation as she liked having him near. With each sip she took her opportunities to delay saying sorry to the scary dwarf dwindle until finally the tea was gone, and yet she could not bring herself to approach the Eden.

"Daddy, my tea is all gone."

The words come as a whine, not for the tea being gone, but for her excuse to not go apologize to Eden being gone with it.

"Daddy I should go say sorry now right? Will you come with me? I don't want miss Eden to get mad at me again. I don't know what I did bad. Please?

She pleads obviously her fear and nervousness getting the better of her.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »

As soon as Capher sits with Terra, Talia gets up and joins Morcaanan and Teri. She sits down, crossed leg, facing Teri so that she can get a better glimpse of how she feels.

„Teri, how are you? Are your legs working again? Are you able already to walk on your own, or should we still wait? We could make up our camp here as well and wait till tomorrow. „

And as if she has heard part of the conversation between Morcaanan and Teri or just out of the knowledge about human nature she adds:

„No, we won‘t leave you back with Jeheraid if you intended to propose that. I think it is more important to keep the group together, just a feeling. What about trying to walk around a bit? Then you will find out if we can go on or have still to wait. I‘m going back to Terra for now.“

Talia goes over to Terra, Capher and Ta‘las. Just in time to hear Terra‘s   „But daddy, I don't know what I did bad.“ and her complaint about her empty tea-cup - which seems to be a complaint not alone about the empty tea cup, but about a general ill - feeling. It is high time to get some help! Talia pats Ta‘las on his shoulder, asking him:

„Brother, is there another cup for Terra and maybe for me as well? A big one? And I think Teri needs another one as well - and Jeheraid.. don‘t worry, I have enough left in Swing‘s bags!„

Then she sits down next to Terra, taking up her question which she had interrupted with her request for a tea.

„Terra, you didn‘t do anything bad. But Eden was a bit hurt in the moment, for she didn‘t know either, that you never have seen a dwarf before. See, the dwarves are often looked down upon them because they are shorter than humans and elves. They are a bit sensible in this respect. You can nevertheless say, that you are sorry, that she was angered. It makes life a lot easier if you apologise if you see that someone was hurt even if it was not your fault. It could well be, that she likes you better afterwards.“

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 02:00:45 AM »

"Tal'as, I am not sure. I do have the feeling that they know we are here and that we are being watched, but I just cannot see them.  Perhaps you can catch a glimpse of them?  Though they blend into the forest like a chamelion and is nearly impossible to see unless they want to be seen.  I guess as long as Teri is having a hard time moving, we will just have to wait and see if we are contacted or not.  A half day and night will not hurt us out here in the open.  We have fresh water, with plenty of fish in it for food.  If we are not contacted in a couple of hours I suggest that we prepare to make camp and wait until the following morning.  Then if nothing happens, we move out on our own. Hopefully we will be contacted soon or we find their 'tree'" Capher answered.

Talia came back after talking with Teri. She answered Terra's question before Capher could.

Capher agreed. "Terra, Talia is wise and right. I will go along with you, if you wish."  He did not call Talia "mommy" nor did he call himself "daddy" To perpetuate the illusion in Terra's mind that much was not wise. He gave Talia a quick glance and wondered how her healing was coming along?  Her focus on Terra and the others helped her take away her focus from her own problems, he guessed.  But was that good or bad?  Was it just covering Talia's problem until a crisis came along and then she would not be able to react as quickly.  Capher considered that as he drank his tea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]