* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally in the valley of the Brownies  (Read 26478 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »

Terra grasps Talia's hand in her free hand as a small child would so as not to get lost in busy streets as they move one. She still holds Ta'las's hand as she gets up but looks over at the raft pulled by rivermaids, a look of awe and excitement coming to her face. Finally she releases Ta'las's hand as she sees her daddy take a spot on the raft giving Tal'las her special childhood crush smile before starting out tugging Talia towards the raft.

"Come on mommy!"

She giggles in excitement, the mind of the small child seeming to be experiencing many new and exciting things, one might think the child that inhabits the Terra body lead an extremely sheltered life before coming alive in Terra. Coming to the edge of the shore just before boarding the raft, Terra suddenly stops and looks over her shoulder questioningly at Ta'las.

"Ta'las? Are you coming to?"

She look to Talia with the same questioning look.

"Mommy, what about the others? They are all coming to, right?"
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

It seems to quickly become a contest of who might look away first. The tiny man atop the great gryphon continues to smile in his disturbing way down at 'Teri, who dares not take her eyes off him, nor move for fear of being struck. It isn't really the bow she fears, although it could make itself uncomfortable rather quickly. Her greatest fear is the gryphon.

Suddenly, something is heard from the other direction. 'Teri steals a glance, while the brownie is obviously able to see Morcaanan approaching from his vantage point. 'Teri, seeing the brownie's gaze shift, scoots carefully about, the dress still clutch to her in a mostly failing attempt to hide her nakedness.

Eventually, she can just catch sight of Morcaanan, but dares not speak, only hoping that he has seen her. Then, with luck, he will be able to send this brownie away, and she can finish putting on her dress to at least be modestly clad.
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »

Morcaanan was a little...disturbed by the words and glances of Primrose. It caused him to be introspective for a moment - what was his purpose here? He knew why he was here, but as to the overall purpose to the group...that was not clear.
He shook the thoughts away and moved to where he remembered to have last seen 'Teri; he was concerned that perhaps her legs were paining her again, and was not the least bit prepared for what he saw.
He looked skyward, muttering something to Inthadin - which was what caused him to see the gryphon perched over their heads. Oh; so that's why she was...er...less than decent.

He wasn't sure that the little man could speak Tharian, but feeling slightly at a loss, he attempted to communicate to the Brownie what was going on. "We're supposed to go to the rafts as quickly as we can" he said, accompanying his words with appropriate gestures between the party and the rafts. "I've come to see if Lady Aueniteri is alright."
As he spoke, he smoothly placed himself between the gryphon rider and 'Teri, his back to her, partially because he felt protective, partially because he didn't want her to see his face, which was trying to twist itself into an amused look while blushing at the same time. He schooled his expression firmly and eyed the Brownie for some moments.

The rider looked down at Morcaanan, then back towards the group and other Brownies, then back at Morcaanan. After a few blinks, he seemed to shrug and relaxed his bow, then turned the his mount away and took off.
Morcaanan merely stood where he was, his back to the elf - not that he wasn't tempted to look around - and said quietly "I think you had best hurry, they seemed a little impatient."


(OOC: My connection is acting squirrely; we had some nasty weather out here, and ever since things have not behaved normally, so if I don't show up for a bit, my most humble apologies...and 'Teri, if I wasn't supposed to puppet the gryphon, my mistake.)
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »

Not wanting the group to split up as it has before, Ta'las nods to Terra and says, "I am coming, but I must first gather up our belongings."  He returns her smile, and prays silently to Baveras that the brownies are able to help her.  Then he looks to Kenrill and Eden.  "Come both of you, let's not get separated."

The Shendar glances over at Morcaanan who has stopped near what looks like a recess in the rocks and notices him speaking to someone and then gesturing at the group and then the rafts.  Guessing that Morcannan has found 'Teri, Ta'las nods to himself and collects the mugs and small pot he used to heat up his tea.  He gives the mugs and pot a quick rinse with water from the river, and stows them away in his pack.  Finally, he smothers the small fire with some dirt.

He lets Ken and Eden get on to the raft first, and then stands a few paces from the water's edge.  He briefly looks over at Morcaanan to see if they are coming, and then turns to Primrose.  "I thank you again for your hospitality and goodwill.  'Teri was sorely wounded during our encounter in the cave and nearly drowned, but she will be with us as soon as she is able."
Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

With Morcaanan's back to her, 'Teri quickly slips the dress over her head and begins to fasten it while she tries to stand - to no avail, again. "Jeharaid," she cries out feebly, feeling so much like a helpless child, her voice little more than a whimper.

"I'm so sorry to put you through this. Really, I am. I wish I could just get up and go, but... I can't. They- I-..."

Her voice catches in her throat, and she can speak no more, holding a hand out, reaching toward him desperately. She has had enough exposure to this brownie, and wants terribly bad to get away from him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:45:34 AM by Aueniteri » Logged

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 149

Hobbit


« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »

"A-hey! And into the bo- or, onto the raft, I guess. Come on, Eden. It's sturdy enough; they wouldn't let it tip over. Here, hold on, I'll help you. See? It isn't bad. Sometimes I'll walk about on a raft to watch the edges go in, and back to the middle so they come back out, but I won't, because we have so many people here. It's fun, really. Maybe if we have some time I'll show you. I guess we're going to wait for them to help Talia and Terra. Terra has a problem, I know. She's... acting like she doesn't know who she is, or how old she is, or something. It's strange to see someone like that - but maybe it isn't strange to her. She doesn't seem to be noticing, it must be normal. That's got to be pretty bad off when you can be sick and not know it. I've been sick before, and I knew it; I knew it well. I could hardly stand up, I was so sick. My stomach..."
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

As the chatty halfling and the laconic dwarf board the raft, the Shendar nods to them.  He smiles to himself until Kenrill mentions walking to the edge of the raft in order to test the limits of its buoyancy.  When the halfling is close enough, Ta'las leans toward him.  "You will be sure to be careful while we are on the raft, won't you Kenrill?" he asks pleasantly.  Pleasant enough, he hopes, to hide his growing impatience.

The Shendar does not wait for an answer, but looks toward where Morcaanan is standing.  The warrior's stance suggests to Ta'las that perhaps Morcaanan is a little tense about something, but he has not yet drawn his weapon.  He looks back at the group on the raft and decides to stay with them, but he keeps a careful watch on Morcaanan.
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2007, 12:40:09 AM »

Morcaanan quickly knelt and caught 'Teri up in his arms again. "It will be alright" he said, trying to be reassuring, but not sure whether or not he was doing any real good.

He carried her to the raft and gently set her down, then gingerly settled himself on as well, wondering how far they had to go. He nodded to Talas briefly, who was eying him again. He wondered if something was wrong with the man. Had something changed? Was it merely his sudden return, and the fact that he had beaten them here to the Vale?
He looked away to hide his thoughts, unsure, but silently telling himself that something may not be right with the Shendar. He liked him well enough - but what did he know about him, really, except that he was related to Talia?
In fact, that got him thinking about the group in general: Capher he trusted, Talia he trusted, and Auenteri...but the dwarf and the halfling were complete strangers, and Terra was always somewhat odd in his opinion - or maybe that was just colored by her unusual behavior at the moment.

Yes, either Talas was just very tense - or something was wrong. He would keep his eyes peeled.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 57

Dwarf


Homepage
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2007, 07:21:51 AM »

Eden waiting with some apprehension for Teri to get safely onto the raft. She eyed the wobbly thing with scrutiny, and the depths below it.

Eden did not hate, or fear, water. She just preferred solid things to wet ones. Something about being suspended, but not standing; falling, but moving sideways; and most of all, not being able to breathe, made her feel very unsettled about the whole thing.

And Eden had not been swimming for a score of years.

With a deep breath, she noticed that the other waited on her. Not wanting to be left behind in the strange place, the dwarf picked up her belongings and the hem of her dress and made a dainty little hop onto the raft followed by the customary clang of her cooking pots.

The dwarf tried to settle herself as near to the center of the raft as possible and whispered a prayer of protection to herself.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »

As Morcaanan settles down onto the raft, the Shendar returns his nod and relaxes a little once everyone is on board.  It has been only a short time since their encounter with Garrek, and with 'Teri's injury and the general fatigue that is beginning to settle over the group, Ta'las considers them to be vulnerable.  So, he maintains his vigilance as the raft slowly works its way up the Snake River. 

A stand of tall trees lines either bank of the stream, at first thin where they had exited the gorge, but thickening as they move upstream.  As the Snake River turns northeast, Ta’las looks back at the narrow entrance into the gorge one last time before it slips out of sight, now hidden by the thick forest to the south.  Occasionally he glances up at the two mountains that rise upward to the north and south, their peaks tall enough to be visible above the canopy of the massive forest that now surrounds them.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2007, 03:35:05 AM »

Capher sat silently in the rear of the raft. He was deep in thought and his eyes were closed as he felt the rhythmn of the water as the Rivermaids pulled the raft upstream.  Slowly, faces, one by one, drifted across Capher's mind. Some faces brought a smile to his face, others a frown and some brought sadness.  Each face had a particular significance to Capher's life and each had their purpose as well. 

As the past faded away back in his memory, the present began to appear.  There was Talia's face. He smiled as he recalled when he first met her in that desert oasis and inn called "The Thristy Hearld" how timid she was back then, yet Capher could sense her strength and that was one of the reasons he had chose her to come with him. Of course he now knew that Seyella had made the choice a long time before he ever did.  He recalled Bium and how he lured the giant away from their little group, and laughed outloud as he recalled the drink that Talia had given to him to restore his strength afterwards and his own words which had embarrassed him. She had grown in so many ways. To face a demon lord and defeat him was testimony of her growth, though she had been scarred in that battle and now she too needed help from the brownies.  He prayed that she would soon be healed and be back to herself.

A face of strength, intelligence, courage and deep sorrow crossed and he looked into the eyes of Koldar; a Knight of the Moonlight. A man who Capher had also called that had been a leader and a friend in so many ways. A man who he knew Talia was attracted to and Capher believed Koldar returned the same affection; too bad it did not turn out the way that he and they had expected. A man who had helped find a way to retrieve the first artifact that was needed to defeat Eckra; Thalambath's Heart.  Capher hoped that where ever the knight may be that his travels were easy and his heart light.

A face of a young, innocent green skinned elf girl crossed his face as well. He smiled as he recalled the way she looked at things; though she was innocent as far as the world was concerned, she was wise beyond her years in the things she did know.

Then the face of a very cool, determined redheaded warrior woman crossed across his mind. Terra. She had been an enigma to Capher.  She had the blood of the most precious humans Capher ever knew flowing through her veins; Sophronian blood. The same blood that ran through his Master, Talon Hawke, and ran through his father, Ethan Hawke, who was the son of a Sophronian Princess and the leader of the Dark Elves at the time; Saban.  The blood of warriors! The blood of women who protected an entire kingdom. She carried the blood of the tribe that protected the leader of Sophronia!

But Terra had a dark secret hidden deep within her mind and now it was slowly killing her.  If the brownies could not help her face, confront and finally defeat that wall she would slowly lose her mind and become permantly the little girl she thought she was now. Capher hoped that soon he would be able to tell her, her true heritage. Who's bloodline she comes from?  He prayed for her as well.

A sudden lurch and a stop of raft quickly ceased Capher's thoughts as he opened his eyes and saw that the raft had stopped and they were at another beach but this time this beach was lined with different types of brownies and brownies riding Gryphons circled overhead.

Primrose rose and lighted quickly upon the beach. "Follow me," she said to those upon the raft, "we go to the Council Tree and there you may eat and refresh yourselves before we begin the process of healing the ones called Talia and Terra.  If you desire we can also heal the one called Teri as well, though I think rest and companionship will do just as well."

She waited for everyone to depart from the raft.
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2007, 02:49:46 AM »

'Teri watches as one by one, the group steps off the raft, remaining near to Morcaanan until he begins to stir. She, too, has been lost in thought, but it is thought of a different kind. It is not the past that occupies her mind, but the future. "Go on, Jeharaid," she urged, but then took his hand to get his attention, wanting him to wait one moment longer.

"Morcaanan, I... Please, listen to me for a moment. I have been a fool. I thought that because you were brave, and willing to care for me, I thought that truly I loved you. Although I cannot dispute that we have a bond... Jeharaid, I don't know if it's the same. I've thought about it now... I have a confession to make. My foolishness, my emotions have always got the better of me, and when you came... I could do no different. I cannot help but be struck in awe and admiration, I feel like a helpless child near you, but... if you are not comfortable, if... there are... reasons, I won't ask you to explain yourself. If I truly do feel this way; Morcaanan, if you truly feel completely fulfilled beside me, I could ask for nothing more. The birds would sing for me, I think - and yet, if you do not... Then please, don't let me be a burden, as I am afraid I would soon become."

Gently, she brings his hand up to her cheek, affectionately resting her head on it for but an instant before she releases him. "Go on; catch up with the others. It may be hours before I can walk steadily, but I will find my own way. I think we should see if really, truly, we mean what I, at least, have been but pretending since first we met."

Aueniteri pulls herself to her feet, effectively climbing Morcaanan until she can wrap her arms around his neck and softly kiss his lips. Then, it is back down she sits, waiting for him to walk away.
Logged

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2007, 08:05:09 AM »

Talia is glad when the raft stops after a while and they are able to get firm ground under their feet. She is fascinated by the natural beauty and elegance of the rivermaids, the effortlessness with which they obviously pull the raft. But though she can swim and does enjoy to take a bath in the Jewels, she doesn‘t feel too comfortable on this river and with their inhabitants. She had followed Terra on the raft and is still holding her hand, but now she needs the hand of the warrior-woman-child for her reassurance as well.

All are on the riverbank and the rivermaids leave, chattering and laughing.
Primrose asks to follow her and promises food , refreshment - and help with their troubles, healing. Talia is about to follow Primrose‘s lead, but then she sees Teri, who is still very week on her feet, talking to Jeheraid, hugging him and - kissing him. She hadn‘t know, that Teri had missed him so and is a little surprised, because she thought Teri would be much shyer. Fascinated by this display of emotion (as she always is) she nearly forgets the others, but Terra‘s slightly pulling hand reminds her of Primrose‘s wish. And their needs. She looks at the others, with questioning eyes, not knowing what to do - to wait or leave when Primrose demands to go on.

Finally she turns around to follow her, their destination is not far away, it is surely safe to leave the two here - they are in the hands of the Brownies anyway.
Not far from their present place, maybe half a stral, the „capital“ of the Brownies is reaching high in the sky. It is an enormous Cinnabark Pine. Not just tall, but broad as well. And brownies are everywhere. Even from this distance the coming and going can be easily observed. Around the tree is a cleared place, maybe 100 peds in diameter. Outside this circle the greenery starts again. To her surprise she sees a hut there - surrounded by a few trees, tall grass and a well. The hut is bigger as it had looked from the distance, it is a little house, big enough for huge people like them to live in.

Primrose waves with their hands at the door and tells them:

“ Please go in and make you comfortable. I will send some of my people to bring you food and drinks. You can use the well here to refresh yourself, mugs and what you may need are inside. Tonight we will meet again in another place  where you can tell us some of your stories. Tomorrow Softhands will try to help your women. Till then . The spirits may be with you!“

And then this remarkable woman is gone.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »

Like Talia, Ta'las notices 'Teri and Morcaanan embrace, and thinks it best to let the two of them have some privacy.  The Shendar follows a short distance behind Talia and Terra, and beside Capher.  He is entranced by the different flora that grows here in the Vale, and for a short time puts the events in the cave out of his mind.  The focal point of the Brownie demesne is a massive Cinnabark tree that captures his attention.  "I have only ever heard rumours The Council Tree," he murmurs.  "I did not think it was possible for something to grow so tall," he says to himself, though Capher is close enough to hear.  But it isn't just the height of the tree that amazes him, but also its magnificence.

Once they reach a house built for 'human-sized' visitors, Primrose offers them hospitability befitting even a Shendar, but he only has time to acknowledge Primrose with a nod and a quick word of thanks before she is gone. 

Ta'las opens the door and enters first, again suddenly wary of their surroundings.  He enters into a single-roomed hut, with a fair amount of space considering the brownies' small size.  The only furniture he notices are some rustic-looking beds.  He raises his eyebrows and looks at the others.  "Let us settle in then.  Tomorrow is not far away."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:23:15 AM by Talas Anthavin » Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2007, 11:06:47 AM »

"Morcaanan, I... Please, listen to me for a moment. I have been a fool..."

As 'Teri spills forth her thoughts and emotions, Morcaanan is a little taken aback. Her words seem at variance with one another: as if both thankful and ungrateful; like an invitation and a dismissal handed to him at the same time. It caused him to reel inwardly.

"...what I, at least, have been but pretending since first we met."

The shock of her last words almost cause his knees to buckle, despite some of the things she had said before. Pretending? Had he been wrong about her? Should he have even bothered to try and find her again?
And then she kissed him. It is so unexpected - and something that he had not experienced in so long - that he is not quite sure how to respond at first.
Then she settles and waits for him to leave. He stands, undecided, not sure whether to feel betrayed or hopeful.
But after a long moment, he kneels in front of her, wordlessly tilts her chin up, and kisses her back. When he draws away, he places a kiss on the tip of her nose, not trusting his voice. He is tempted to carry her along with the others...but if she needed some time alone, then he understood. He turned and followed the others to the hut.
After Primrose leaves, he begins to inspect the place, as much out of a need to keep himself occupied as out of concern for safety. None of them, as far as he knows, have been here before. He looks under a couple of the beds, in the cupboards, and after a space he grunts in satisfaction.

"Well, it looks safe enough" he says to no one in particular. "I wonder how folk their size managed to build a structure this size. Perhaps they've had help?"
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]

[February 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM]

[January 02, 2018, 02:30:49 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2836
Latest: Tcastacy
Stats
Total Posts: 214554
Total Topics: 8049
Online Today: 36
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx