Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aváíyá Enayái/ Diorye’oleal / Personal seamstress  (Read 21989 times)
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« on: March 27, 2007, 06:39:28 AM »

Name: Aváíyá Enayái
Race: Elf
Tribe: Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim    
Title: Adventurous Artist
Height: 2 peds
Weight: 2 Pygges, 6 Hebs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Small black dot

Overview:
She lives a double life, going from town to town looking for a place where she can finally feel at home again, but yet has to find such a place that could accept what she is.

Physical Appearance:
Aváíyá earns most of her appearance from her father who was a Diorye’oleal elf, except for her almost empty eyes apart from the small dot like pupil and long ears anyone could have passed her as a dark elf of some sort. Her jet black hair is kept in a tight braid reaching to the small of her back, her hair contrasts well with her marble white skin. She has a slender yet very curvatious body, she has the long arms and legs and is an even 2 peds. She has the chiselled features of her father and the blank eyes of her mother, another sign her father left behind was giving her an animal guild tattoo of a horse which is located at the inside of her left thigh, although he never said anything about its meaning. She weighs an amazing 2 Pygges, 6 Hebs which no one could have guessed because of how unmuscular she looks.

Clothing:
Aváíyá has taken both her mothers and fathers clothing and changed both to her likings, from the tight dresses her father made for her to the jerkins her mother wore, it all depends on where she is going.

When she won’t be riding a horse or working on a project, she’ll wear a full black dress with a collar that is round and wide reaching almost to her shoulders. These dresses are always tight around the hips and down to the knees and rather loose at the chest because of her curves, and then from the knees on the rest will be loose. She has long draping sleeves that will be tight at the elbow and shorter to make her work simpler; the designs on the dress will rang from beads twirling here and there around her bodice to splashes of beads.

While she is either riding or on her other job, although it is still tight fitting she is able to move as she wishes. A jerkin made of leather will be worn with a small cloth shirt under it, the jerkin extends to a skirt yet is shorter then the ones the Cyhallrhim wear because she wears breaches under the skirt. She will also wear long boots that extend over her knee and gloves that that almost reach up to her shoulder, and her gloves are laced.

While on her ‘night job’, as she calls it, most of the time to hide her ears she will wear a large wig. To make herself less noticeable in the crowd she will also carry a cane and plain clothing, her eyes are always closed yet opens them a few times to follow her victim until she gets near enough to the target for her to easily kill him.    

Personality:
Quiet, observant, somewhat cynical and kind of indifferent to most people, but inwardly she's very kind hearted, generous, and protective of those she really cares for. Those aspects of her personality come out when one really gets to know her. If someone is fortunate enough to truly gain her trust and respect, she will be loyal to a fierce extent. Like her appearance, her personality reflexes much of her father's. She will be just as stubborn as a mule, which is why she does not forgive and forget so easily as others. But she will hold her tongue when the times come, and will rarely let down on a challenge when some speaks to her as if she were someone from a low family.

She thinks she leads a double life which is why she will never get close to anyone, she is afraid to lose them just as she has her family. She cares little for the money she has or even makes, but if the need rise that she be in such a position that she does need money she will be unmerciful in her ways of obtaining it.

Isolation has given her odd qualities; if one speaks to her she might stare blankly behind them, or maybe even avoid them. Worst if she is bothered when she is doing something important she might burst out at the person, when she is hired she warns her employers on something’s she might do when finishing the project. Being an outcast also damages her mood and slightly her mind, she will never truly go back to where her parents come from, for fear of rejection, this has caused problems when some tried to become friends because she will be afraid to be rejected by them.

Strengths:
-   Knowledge in using daggers: She was schooled by Korenjaans in using stealthy daggers.
-   Trained in the arts of stealth and subterfuge: Aváíyá trained with a group of Korenjaan to be stealthy, she knows how to get around without being noticed.
-   Observant: Little gets passed her attention; this skill is why she makes a great personal seamstress and an assassin.
-   Great at making anything from any material: Give her a rock and some leather and she just might end up making you a table cloth, she is good at what she makes and if stressed to make something on the spot she will and it will turn out great.

Weaknesses:
-   Wannted: Aváíyá is wanted in over 25 towns, thus making it difficult for her to travel. If she ends up going into a town where there is a bounty on her head, this could cause trouble.
-   Stubborn: If someone tells her something is dangerous, she will still do it. If someone gives her a job no one would take because you can get caught easily, yet she needs the money, she'll do it.
-   Alone: Aváíyá thinks she is leading a double life because of her jobs and would rather not get close to anyone for the fear of losing them one way or another. She rarely speaks to anyone and has an even harder time following a conversation.
-   Appearance: Aváíyá’s appearance makes it hard for her to do a lot, for example she cannot go out without being cloaked and if she goes browsing the merchants stands this will lead to them thinking she is stealing and thus getting her into a lot of trouble.

History:
Haken, father’s journal.

For several years now I have been a very popular personal tailor amongst the high ranked, they fancy my work with a perfect eye and always wonder how I use my magic to turn cold fabric into works of arts. I will never reveal that secret to anyone.
The case remains that I have truly never been faithful to Coór, which would be breaking our sacred laws. My magic does not come from him but to the beautiful goddess Avá, she is the one who turns everything into master pieces and I have never used my powers for Coór. This is not my main concern; my thoughts are troubled by words spoken from a lord directed at me. Yes I was famous, but there was no reason why he should offer his daughters hand to me, which I could not refuse.

But you see, I have never met this women and I must say that I already hate her, if she is anything like her father we will never be able to stand each other. I had already started building a relationship with a seamstress I had met, and to tell you the truth we were both fond of each other. I must be as blind as a bat for the signs were everywhere. Melandra as her name went, was infected with the the aramyrian disease and was to be sent off right after I was wed. That broke my heart to shards; so I prepared for ways to leave this horrid place. I wanted to go where Melandra had gone, but knew the only way was either to fake the aramyrian disease myself and be sent off just like she had or die. Eventually I never did anything and stayed with my wife.

It’s been several months now, my wife Celsilin is getting frustrated with my sad demeanour and her family too are getting on my back for I do not want to give them younglings. My thoughts have been very suicidal lately and I’ve been doing much research on many topics. I think I will leave this place forever in hopes to find Melandra.
Everything is ready, my bags are packed, I have taken all the things I could fit, and my bow is ready. I have written a letter to Celsilin’s father stating that I have eaten my wife, that I have the aramyrian disease and shall be leaving the city as to not start an epidemic.

I have killed her, but not eaten her. I used poison first then buried her body in a safe place. I hope to hit Crystal Lake soon and maybe exit threw her river. I’d like to go to the Celeste lowlands as to provide myself with 2 of their Kev’lor horses for my travels towards the north, I need sturdy horses to keep with the weather and they seemed to be the most proficient of them. I do not know how I manage, but I created a boat from a tree, hopefully it will survive its journey through and take me to the lowlands. I do not know how many days I have been sleeping, eating, rowing, but I hope that this map will lead me to where I want. I am running out of food, but hopefully with some rope and arrows I will manage to catch some fish. I’ve stayed near the lakes side as to know when to hit the river.

I am tired of fish and it’s been days that I passed into the rivers, I keep to the side still, hoping maybe that I will hit the next river that will carry me to the lowlands faster. This scenery is beautiful, the large mountains are quite a view and I don’t think I will get bored. I’ve just entered a small village of Kuglimz, they are baffled by my rogue appearance, some even are frightful of me, and I shall get off here and maybe try to get two young horses. I’ve been sleeping just outside their village and everyday trying to get my hands on two horses, but I had yet to find anything to trade for the horses. It’s been a real hassle and Melandra will go farther north each day I waste here trying to haggle with them. Stealing has been ruled out, I still have plenty of creative ways and I may have found a solution.

I have finally bought my two horses, after what seemed to be hours I managed, I pointed actually to the ones I wanted since they seemed to be the youngest around considering how shorter they seemed. In exchange for the horses I gave the man one of the fabrics I had brought with me; it was bright lime green with some beads that seemed to make the dress spackle like a night sky. The man was thrilled and ran, leaving me with the horses. I left his ‘home’ to go back to were I had hidden my things, I had deliberately taken a male and a female as to ride the female and let the male bring the stuff I was about to buy in their little town. Bags full I left them with a couple more items then intended, I was glad to finally be on my way again.

It’s been I don’t know how many days again; I stopped trying to figure out how many months had passed since I had left. The horses were faring rather well, slow but as good as anything else. My main goal is to get into and out of Worldquest as fast as these horses could manage. Thank the heavens for the long cape I packed neatfully, it would help to cover myself. Rare was it for a Diorye'oleal to pass healthy like I was. I also seem to be getting the hang of riding, I had sore spots my first day on a saddle after the man had showed me how to care for a horse, including saddling up, the rest was to be done on my part.

After buying supplies I now make my way to Weil then Vermoth the way I did in Worldquest. I shall then follow the Liben River through the mountains then stop at Beornoth where hopefully I can find a port somewhere close to get on a ship to Medgarth. I shall write as soon as I happen to rest in Salmador.

It seems years have passed for me, I am now in a tavern room, horses tucked neatly in the stable and I am about to eat. My adventure has been very entertaining. While on the ship, the men were surprised to see someone like me I decided maybe I should prep up a little on my dagger skills. I was allowed to bring the horses, thank Ava and as soon as I hit land again I was off to Salmador, the horses were quicker this time, yearning for some fresh air and space to run. My true goal now is to reach Hargarth, because that is where Melandra told me she would be going.

I don’t know if I’ll make it, but I will stop at every small village to fill my supplies as much as I can, I have found a place in Hargarth to call my home. I will be doing no more travelling after this, I was getting tired and even more depressed as I travelled, settling would be good for me for I am getting rather old.
I’ve made it through Hargarth unscratched and unharmed; I’ve opened a small business, with my perfected tailoring skills finding people should be no problem. No one has questioned me when I asked for my own little house with a stable for two horses, I’m ever glad I was able to find one and had enough to pay for it. I hope my future will bring me some joy, my search for Melandra has gotten me far and I am getting old, I need to settle down.

Padma, mother’s journal.

My family lives on one of the small islands called Guldor, the one that is closes to the port where men come and go from. Not many have agreed upon us living so close to the port, but my family will still not leave. 3 of my brothers have left this isolated prison in hopes to maybe fit in with a more active society, I am on the verge of a break down, this life is to boring and I am readying myself to leave this place as well. I will head east, back to where we came from. After many preparations, I’ve cloaked myself well and packed my bags, my mother tried to lock me up, but I managed an escape anyways, she says it’s a disgrace for me to leave like my brothers. She said the world rejected us back then, why would it be different now; I think the world has changed greatly. I’m currently staying in a Kasumarii tribe, I’ve heard they are excellent assassins and I’d like to learn a bit from them. I’m still very young, to my tribe anyways and maybe I’ll be able to stay for a couple years.

The people of course, know when someone has come in and I feel like I am in very hostile territories for my kin does not go out much. Although it is not hard to know what I am from my ears that poke through my cloak, many have asked and are surprised to know we’re getting out much more. I’ve met a man called Vadin in a tavern, at first I didn’t notice, but gradually I seem to catch on to him pouring something into my drink, even trying to get me to drink it more and more. I didn’t and that night I was offered training from the Korenjaan he was, I stayed in the village over 50 years practicing his arts. I left after my passion for adventure beheld me again; he understood and told me I should go to the main land a port near the city of Saeroth. He even organized for me to be hidden in a case that would travel to there, I was grateful and left.

My arrival at the city was a shock, the city was huge and I decided it was not for me and left to go to the country side of Hargarth, I was a clothier and got a nice little job at a small shop run by a man named Haken. It was love at first sight I must say, and we soon had our first child, a baby girl we named Aváíyá.

Aváíyá’s History

Aváíyá was born and raised in the country side of Hargarth, she was home schooled because of how she looked. She took most of her looks from her father and the almost blank eyes and ears of her mother giving her an odd look which alienated her from the other children. Her parents gave her more of a warrior education then anything else, odd considering she is now a well known personal seamstress. Both parents agreed to her decision on leaving and going back to Guldor to learn more on the arts of the Kasumarii tribes. Giving her mothers name to the people would get her the attention wanted.

All expenses paid from a job she did every two nights, Aváíyá entered her schooling with a light heart. Her mother had taught her how not to be killed going there, for she had almost ended her fate there. Aváíyá had all the skills necessary and soon joined a small group of Korenjaan, request from her mother. Every 6 months a package would arrive to her from her parents, they always wanted to know the same things and never spoke of home, something that bothered her, but it never had worried her much for her to actually ask about home. Aváíyá always attracted the wrong kind of guy, but finally met someone she thought she could trust completely and they got engaged. A lot of time was then spent planning the small wedding type thing she wanted, and her family was all very excited and such.

Of course, as most likely predicted by her track record of basically attracting and dating guys who turned out to be complete opposites of what they seemed, she didn't end up getting married. On the contrary a couple of weeks before the wedding day she caught her fiancée cheating on her. Quite literally. She walked in on him with the other woman. After lots of yelling, screaming and the breaking of many things in the room, she finally just lost it and just stabbed them both. Multiple times. Things started going wrong from then, she paid little to no attention to her lessons and was failing. Then she got a red letter from a neighbour.

It stated that both parents had been killed, and their house was on hold for being sold because she was still alive and the horses needed more then the attention the neighbours were giving them. She left that very night in a ship, never finishing her schooling and promising herself never to go back even if she was drugged and dragged along. Upon seeing Aváíyá’s family home, one would think it was old and abandoned a long time ago, on closer inspections, one could also say people were trying to keep things on the outside from coming inside.

The house itself had rude paintings and marks, the windows and the doors had been shut off with wooden panels, the roof leeked and the fence was broken. It took months before it actually looked like a suitable home. Neighbours came to say their condolences, yet Aváíyá knew half were guilty for this, a time would come where they would pay and that turned her bitter cold.

Aváíyá continued her fathers shop and cared for her family’s last Kev’lor horse, a stallion barely reaching the age of 3 named Toren. Thanks to the Korenjaan, she now held in her position a pair of Jhé'vai Daggers. Everyone knew she was leaving; it was hard not to notice the glances she gave certain people, or the things she bought from a few Korenjaan connections. Her house was sold and on that day, most of her neighbours became sick, most died that night and doctors determined it had been poison. But once the culprit had been found, she had long gone in search of something only the gods knew what.

Weapons:
Two Jhé'vai Daggers, one for each arm.
Five small daggers carried either behind a belt or around thigh.

Belongings:
7 weapons
1 light black cloak
1 bag for materials, such as tools for tailoring
1 bag for clothing
1 pouch for her money
1 saddle bag for food
1 saddle bag for treats
1 saddle bag for other necessities
1 saddle bag is empty

Familiars:
Untamed titan of deep obsidian was tended to by a cloaked figure. Adorning his inky black coat were four rebellious white feathered legs, suggesting he was of Kev’lor heritage. Mane dangled past the neck, his tail just as lengthy, and the ends brushing over the weeds below. Whipcord flicking to and fro in an impatient, angry manner, just like head plume was blown out of way of fiery visionaries by the horse’s young inpatient mind. Physique was immense in its potency, muscle tissue being refined and taught, pulled to perfection beneath epidermis; he was yet to be scared by a battle field. Enormous skull always held high in pride and aerials flickering to the voiced commands of his rider.

Tender hearted to the ones he knows and loves, but potentially aggressive to those he does not. His rider has taught him multiple things as he has her, no one approaches her without him pointing his nostrils in their directions, and many could see he watched over his owner with great like as if she were a mare. This massive behemoth goes by the simple name of Toren.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:29:08 AM by Fox » Logged

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:13:11 AM »

Your history format seems fine.  You seemed to be worry about that before.
Aveon
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:12:26 AM »

I think I'm scared of you. Really. But this character is good.  azn
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »

I was and I fixed some things in it and now I'm presenting it x.x.

Thanks Kiro, but she isn't that scary  ;)

Aveon
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:17:31 AM »

I am...Easily scared. azn Sooner or later, I'll get use to..most of the characters here. Anyways, I don't see anything missing, but the Moderators will see something wrong. :P
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »

I'm just waiting on a couple more comments and then I'll see what ye old mods have to say.

Marenbar Blackforge
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »

Having no magic skills isn't a weakness, neither is not knowing how to use other weapons. The common person doesn't use a sword or magic.

Wenn du durch dieses lebst, klopfe ich deinen Schädel weg von mir Selbst!
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

True, but elves know magic so for an elf it is a disadvanage to not know how to use it.

I'll change the eapon weakness, but I'll wait on others to see what they have to say about it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:15:39 AM by Aváíyá Enayái » Logged

Aveon
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »

Having no magic skills isn't a weakness, neither is not knowing how to use other weapons. The common person doesn't use a sword or magic.

You forget... Aváíyá is not the common person. She is the common elf. The weapon weakness shouldn't be there, but the magic weakness should. azn
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 12:45:42 PM »

Actually, no, even amongst elves magi are uncommon.  The average elf does not know any magic. 

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »

But consider this, her father used magic so she should have inherited the magic aswell.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »

Magic is not a natural ability; it is a skill.  Basically this means that anyone is potentially able to perform magic, but they have to take the effort to learn how in order to actually be able to do it. 

Also, as I said, the average elf does not know how to perform magic.  Since strengths and weaknesses are determined by comparison with the average, not knowing magic is not a weakness regardless of whether any of your relatives know any magic. 

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »

Most Elves are non-magi, some even fear magic.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 06:42:10 AM »

No worries it has been fixed! I'm just going to wait another day then I'll ask for a moderator.

Thanks for your help.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »

*waves hand and points at Mina also*

Mods ^^

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]