Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Fun RP: Active, Adventurous, Dramatic, and All-Player Friendly.  (Read 5693 times)
patt0192
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »

It would be very bold of me to create an RP at this point, because I have had my first character short of a month, but due to the recent lack of activity and also more recent events, I have decided to propose an interesting idea.

It is obvious that many of the newcomers to Santharia come seeking action. There are often many newbies who wish to make mage and warrior CD's with the hopes of galloping off to battle against their enemies... which is why there are so many "encounters" in the Thirsty Herald. In light of one of these recent "encounters", an idea occurred to me.

Why not create a story that accommodates new players and satisfies the following;
1. A detail adventure, most likely on another continent than Sarvonia.
2. An action-packed quest filled with planned obstacles and suspense.
3. A planned and lengthy journey that includes stops at various cities, and involves many different landscapes.
4. Magic and perhaps the discovery of a myth or mythical being.
5. Possibly something that changes the history of Santharia, or at least the continent.
6. A thread that moves quickly enough to complete the story, yet allows enough manueverability for those who are not always on.
7. Allows players to join in with the group at various checkpoints, and create their own dramas allowing them to bow out of the story at any time.
8. A story that possibly allows flexibility and occurs independantly from the other RPs, due to it's setting on a foreign continent.

These are just some ideas, and I am in no way saying that pre-existing RP's do not have some or many of these elements. Please give me your input on this, and whether or not I should construct a story such as this. I promise you that I'd be more than capable of doing so, despite the length of my time here.

Below here I will list any additional ideas and concerns.

-- I stated this before, please read thoroughly, THIS IS NOT A STORY, BUT A THREAD TO SUGGEST AN IDEA.
I AM NOT REQUESTING TO BE A MOD.

Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:05:20 AM by Jiro » Logged
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

Well, you could start in placing this in the correct forum...which this is currently not so I am moving it to the correct one.

Also, in the correct forum are a list of rules, which are also located on the left hand menu. I suggest you read them as there is an active time limit on stories being created ^.~
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:10:08 PM by Kalína Mërénwčn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
patt0192
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »

patt0192
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

Thank you!  Read
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »

We have a similar RPG named War of the Fallen. Look what happened to it.

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
patt0192
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »

I did, but thanks for the pointer.
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

Yeah, but WotF kind of died because the mods stopped modding. Which seems to happen a lot.

"No matter where you go, there you are..." 
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »

Again, before I even read the storyline and what you have planned and your ideas, I look at the rules we already have in place and have been in place for years regarding stories and mods.

Please read them....

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 05:06:38 AM »

...This sounds exactly like what we plan for Chan'vai...well for any story for that matter.  If Cherri and I ever manage to sit down and finish up our ideas, that will be submitted quite shortly.  We have offered most of the players in the Herald a spot and will probably have to increase our party size to accomadate all players, seeing as there are no other active stories.
patt0192
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »

@Kalina: I have read them before Kalina. I am not proposing a story, and I am certainly not asking to be a mod. I think I already said this above.

@Drasil: That sounds great! I'd love to join.

A few things;
Above I said that many planned and pre-existing RP's have many of the elements I listed, but they just don't have all of them.

From what I've read so far, Chan'vai, is on Sarvonia, is it not?

If it isn't, then it should fit the list above, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, although it is close. I cannot remember clearly... does it involve a magical/mythical item or being? And of course you can't say it will always be active since it doesn't exist yet, but asuming it does, it will be very close to the idea I outlined above.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:00:57 AM by Jiro » Logged
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:32:40 AM »

.... *blink blink*  The Chanvai is a magical artifact.  Also, it takes place half in the Santharian Kingdom and half in Northern Sarvonia.
patt0192
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »

Well you got the magic part, although perhaps I should be clearer, as I included North Sarvonia as in general being part of both Sarvonias. I was refering to the undeveloped continents that the devs and admins are being so touchy about at present.
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »

Undeveloped areas are not wise to be played just for that reason, unless you tend to develop them on the Dev Board.  *Pushes Jiro towards the Dev Board*  As far as creating a story goes newbies are always suggesting creating a story because they are bored.  IF you do not meet the criteria to do so yourself then it is best left unsaid.  If you do and you follow the rules, you can always propose the idea to the admins and see what they say.

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
patt0192
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:36:03 PM »

Yeah... good thing I'm not proposing a story, but proposing the idea of proposing a story, so that way I'm not REALLY just another bored newbie, but somebody with some valuable things to say (whether you value them or not is another case completely). Too bad undeveloped areas are so interesting. It's slow going as it is, but I mean really, it's like holding bacon in front of a dog's face.

Anyways, *Pushes Cherry towards the first post* I told you that I am not trying to create a story already, so nobody who actually read the first post is judging my criteria, nor are they treating me like a newb. *Takes offense personally* And I think I know my way around the Dev Board, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:38:46 PM by Jiro » Logged
Tzilon Ikara
Dragonslayer
Approved Character

Human, Epheronian

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »

Actually, a great place to stage an RPG is in Mantharia somewhere.  Not only has there been a fantastic deal of development in that region, but there is an amazing map as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]