Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sondirra Moryveen / Erpheronian / Chronicler  (Read 5570 times)
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« on: May 01, 2007, 02:42:27 AM »

Name:  Sondirra Moryveen
Race:  Human
Tribe:  Erpheronian
Eye color:  Crystalline Blue
Hair color:  Honey blonde
Height :  1 Ped 2 Fores
Weight :  1 Pygge, 4 Ods
Title:  Chronicler

Overview :  Young, but wise beyond her years, Sondirra has a voracious appetite for the mysterious.  She has set out on an adventure to bring knowledge to the world.

Physical Appearance:  Sondirra is a petite human girl, barely into her adult years.  She is almost always seen with a wistful expression on her face, her large luminous eyes taking in all that is about her.  Her hair falls gently around her shoulders, softening the angular features on her serene face.  She is attractive, though not what one would call beautiful.  Though her looks, while in a crowd of women, would not garner the attention of many, it is in the quiet moments, the hour before the sun rises, or the light of a full moon, that her beauty is fully realized, and can melt the heart of anyone who would gaze on her.  Her innocence and gentleness shine within her smile, that is filled with bright, even teeth, her full pouty lips framing it thus.  Her neck tapers gently to her shoulders that have the shadow of light freckles dancing upon them.  Her lithe body is highlighted by small, well shaped breasts, and the soft angle of her hips.  Shapely, well toned legs can sometimes be seen beneath folds of her dress as she gracefully moves across the floor.  Her arms melt into hands, coming to a climax in long, thin fingers, nimble in everything that she does.

Clothes:  Not one for extravagance, Sondirra prefers to wear simple dresses.  She wears one of white cloth that has small blue flowers embroidered into it that her mother made for her, that flows down to her ankles.  Her shoes are mere sandals with leather straps to hold them better.  She wears a simple silver ring on her right hand, and a plain silver chain around her neck, with a small polished black stone hanging from it.  When in season, Sondirra likes to wear small flowers in her hair, or behind her ear.

Personality:  Calm and serene, these are the adjectives that best describe this young woman.  Sondirra is an upbeat girl, who prefers to look at the world with wonder and enjoyment.  There is almost always a twinkle in her eye, and a soft smile on her lips.  Her curiosity is the driving force that propels this woman through life.  She has always asked why, and now wants to bring the answers she gets to the world.  Though tiny, she is brave, not afraid of the unknown, those dark areas that fill the imagination of those much hardier than herself.  Her life, so far, has enabled her to have an innocence, as she has never come in contact with the horrors that have befallen so many others.

Strengths:
   Is very adept with thread and needle.  She can not only mend clothing, but she can create clothes, given the proper materials.

   Can read and write

Weaknesses: 

   She has had very little exposure to survival in the wilderness.

   Because of a near death accident when she was young, Sondirra has a very vivid fear of deep water.  Small streams are fine, but rivers, lakes and oceans will all be very scary for her.

History :  Excerpts from the journal of Sondirra Moryveen:

   Browninday, 30th day of the Sleeping Dreameress, 1654     “Today is my 8th birthday!  I'm so exited.  Father has given me my own jurnal.  I am gonna rite evry thing in it.  Momma made me some sweet cakes.  We all laffed at unkel when he put 4 in his mouth at once!  Momma got me a book about a Rimrunner that saved a villuj.  She is gonna read it to me tonite.”

   Halfday, 3rd day of the Singing Bird, 1656      “Today was a bad day.  Father scolded me for skipping my studies.  I had a good reason, thogh.  Catria said that the cave down by the creek was haunted.  I showed her.  It was just the wind blowing through a hole in the back of the cave that made the moning sound.  Everyone was sooo scard.  I was the only one brave enouf to go into the cave.”

   Elfday, the 9th day of the Rising Sun, 1658     “The shop is doing very well, Father says.  He is working on so many clothes, and Momma has lots of dresses to make.  He says if I help Momma, he will pay me.  I will have my own money!  PS  I think Willem likes me!!!”

   Prayday, the 16th day of Awakening Earth, 1659     "My dear little girl.  I am writing this in your journal for you, as you have been sick for three days now.  I know how much this journal has meant to you, so I will write this so you can read back on this moment when you are older and know how much we loved you.  Two days ago, you and Catria went down to the pond, and you fell in.  You almost drown, but Catria pulled you out.  Since then, you have had a fever.  We are not sure that you will live, though your Mother is praying everyday.  I am praying too, but I know that you have the strength to get through this.  You have been the most important thing in my life, ever since you were just a baby.  You looked up at me with those big beautiful eyes of yours, and you held my finger with your tiny little hand.  I knew from that moment that you would be my baby for the rest of your life.  All I ask of you, all I will ever ask of you, is to be happy.  And live.  Live my darling, Sondirra.  Live and chase all your dreams.

   Restday, the 4th of the Changing Winds, 1660     “Father and I had another big talk today.  He wants me to stop all my exploring and help Momma more with the dresses.  I want to help her, but it's so boring.  I wish he knew how much I want to explore the woods.  I never get to go there anymore.”

   Gnomesday, the 6th day of the Singing Bird, 1664     "I'm mad today.  Catria and Willem wanted to go swimming.  They know I don't like the water and they still went!  I can't believe them!  Willem should have stayed here with me, he knows how much I like him.  Stupid boys!"

   Halfday, the 27th day of the Sleeping Dreameress, 1665     “Well, Momma said that she would talk to Father.  I finally had to tell her that I wanted more time to myself.  I couldn't tell her why, because she would be too scared.  She wouldn't understand why I want to explore the woods and the mountains.  I'm not sure that I do myself; except that there is so much that I haven't seen.  I sure hope Father says it's okay.  I put a Cha’ah branch in my room to make it come true!  PS: My birthday in 3 days!”

   Prayday, the 29th day of the Sleeping Dreameress, 1665     “Yay!  Father says they are going to hire someone to work in the shop and help both of them.  I will get more time to myself.  I only have to help them 3 times a week.  Oh, and I hate Catria and Willem.  He says he loves her!  He knew I had a crush on him since we were little children.  I'll never like another boy again!  They ruined my 19th birthday.”

   Elfday, the 12th day of the Fallen Leaf, 1666     “Wow.  Catria’s father read my notes on Rimmerins Ring.  He says I could be a writer.  And he has been to Santhala and everything!  Maybe I could be a famous explorer, learning all the mysteries of Rimmerins Ring, and write a book about all of it, so everyone could read it.”

   Gnomesday, the 27th day of the Awakening Earth, 1667     “Catria’s father talked to Father today!  I might get to go to Santhala with Catria and her father next time they go!  I've never been to Santhala before.  I've never been anywhere before!  I had a long talk with Father, and he told me that he used to like to write when he was younger, when Grandpa was a tutor to someone important.  He said that Grandpa wouldn't let him do that, and made him learn to be a tailor.  Father said he was not going to do that to me.  He said if I wanted to write, then he would help me.  He says I have a nose like a Rimrunner.  Maybe I do!  I love him so very much!!!”

   Elfday, the 14th day of the Changing Wind, 1667     “Next week I get to go to Santhala!  I am so very excited.  Father told Momma that I could.  She seems sad, so it is hard for me, but I have to, or else I'm going to bust.  He bought me a new journal, and Momma is working on a new dress for me.  She says she is going to put flowers on it.  I am a little scared.  I have never been away from home before.  Catria and Willem are going to be married there.  I hope they are both happy.  She will be my best friend forever.  We had Cha today, and when we rolled the leaves into a ball, both of us had a good luck omen!”

   Dwervenday, the 25th day of the Changing Wind, 1667     “Santhala is the most wondrous place I have ever been.  I miss Momma so bad.  And Father, for letting me come here.  There is so much that is new here.  And I have never seen this many people in my life!  The whole world is here!”

   Restday, the 4th day of the Singing Bird, 1667    “Catria and Willem were married today.  They looked so happy.  He deserves to be with Catria.  I could never have made him that happy.  Maybe one day I will find somebody for me.  Who knows?  They are planning to go back in two days.  I don't want to go.  I want to stay here.  Onved is too small for me now.  I think I have finally found where I belong.”

   Halfday, the 6th day of the Singing Bird, 1667    "Catria and Willem and her Father went back home.  I gave them a letter to give to Momma and Father.  I couldn't go back to Onved.  There is too much to see here.  I want to write all about it.  I want everyone to read about all the things I see.  There is too much in the world that people to do not get to see.  I know Momma and Father will be hurt, but I hope that one day they will understand.  Perhaps, one day, after I am famous, I will go back there.  I'll buy them a bigger house, and have other people work their shop for them so they don't have to work anymore.  They will forgive me then.  I hope.”

Weapons : none

Belongings : A sewing kit containing several needles and bobs of thread of different colours, two pieces of jewelry that she wears, extra dresses and sandals, a carrying bag, a brush of porcupine quills, a writing quill, a small jar of ink, several blank pieces of parchment, her journal, a small oil portrait of her family.

Familiar: None
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:45:30 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:41:17 AM »

Welcome to Santharia!

I can't spot anything wrong as such with this so far, though I do have trouble with your character's occupation. Isn't a chronicler someone who should record events into history? I don't see how that fits into your chronicler occupation. By no means is this by your fault, as you haven't written your history. Just pointing out to explain that. I see you also are undecided on a tribe. The centoraurians would be a choice, as they have light features (Blonde hair, light coloured eyes) as the norm.

I commend you on your writing ability too! I can perfectly envision your character, which means your physical appearance is just about done.

Overall, a very well done CD so far, and I look forward to reading your history when it is added.

Well done again!

Arin Woodwealth, Dalorin.

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:03:50 AM »

I hope the dates I have put in are correct and written properly.  I got the date from Santharia home page.  I welcome any comments and hope that I can contribute to your community.

Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:36:58 AM »

Nice CD! I can't see anything seriously wrong with it, and I like the history, especially the first paragraph.

There is one thing though. Not being able to use a weapon usually isn't considered a weakness.

Other than that, good job.

"No matter where you go, there you are..." 
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 03:57:15 AM »

Bump!

I just noticed something. You're a little unbalanced. Your two weaknesses are not weaknesses, as the peasantry of Santharia cannot use a weapon, and would not travel very often.
Your ability to read and write, however, is uncommon in Santharia. Though I'm sure that this would not break a game in anyway, you may wish to add a weakness, possibly a fear of something?

And I love your history, good job on that!

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:22 AM »

"Unbalanced?  Unbalanced!" screaming at the top of her lungs.  "How am I unbalanced.?

Begins to sob uncontrollably.  "Maybe I am unbalanced.  I don’t know!  It's not my fault, really."

"Wait!"  Begins to laugh uproariously.  "You mean my S&W!!  Not a problem.  I will add to my weaknesses immediately."

It may take awhile, as I'm sure any weakness I pick now shall surely have an impact on my history.  Thank you for the knid words all of you.

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:38:27 AM »

Adding a weakness is pretty much optional right now, though VERY strictly speaking you should. I'm sure you won't break a game with your character but unless you have some strange obsession with having a perfect character, you don't realy need to add anything in.

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »

There, I have added a weakness and added to her history to show where it came from.  I hope this is good now.

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 05:22:46 AM »

Tis very good. I think you just need a mod, such as Simonne, to come and check this out now. I'll try to flag her down when I can.

Just want to say, I really enjoy how you've added in how you got your fear.

I hope you are approved soon, and look forward to RPing with you one day!

Délmiés Avádrié
Wandering Enchantress
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »

Hey Sondirra! I just noticed something, in her weapons, you say that she has a small knife. If she can use it, then it should be added into the Strengths. If she doesn't know how to use it.... then.... well, I didn't read her whole history, so if you gave an explanation in there, then it's fine. Hope you get approved soon!

And I love the way you write! It's so easy to visualize her.  ;)

Practice makes perfect. No one's perfect. So why practice??
Speech
Thought
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »

Hello there!  I hope once you are approved you make your way to the Thirsty Herald to get your feet wet in RPing.  I did not have a chance to read your history so if the next comment was taken care of in the history then forget I ever mentioned it.  If you have not done so already, you will need to explain why and how your charrie came to be able to read and write.  The higher classes are taught, but those who are not nobility or have been schooled, would not generally know how to read or write. 

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 03:50:27 AM »

Perhaps I have cheated, but I made her Grandfather a teacher to the nobility (no names to keep it generic) so the skill of reading and writing is a family skill that is handed down through each generation.  It is placed in one of the journal entries, in red.  Hope that suffices.

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 03:52:56 AM »

Hope I haven't been forgotten. Huh?

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 12:41:21 AM »

My regukar 9 day bump to keep from landing on page 3.

Sure are a lot of new people named CD.  lol.

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »

An 18 day bump that DID land me near the bottom of page 3.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:41:49 PM by Sondirra Moryveen » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]