Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale/Time of Healing (OOC)  (Read 55849 times)
Simonne Miller
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »

Teehee.

All right, you win :D (I'd like to meet the person who could win it from you in a talking contest *grins*)

Part of the problem is of course that I haven't had time to read all the posts, and I haven't been playing long enough to get to know you all. That's also the reason why I'm a little confused about 'Teri and Morcaanan. I'm starting to get a little clearance in that though, but I still should go read more of what happened beforehand :)

So yeah, he can his moment in the spotlight :P

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 12:39:29 AM »

Not Morcaanan, he's just... well, they haven't seen much of him, and he's always busy with something. Busy people just don't have time to do bad stuff.

That, or they're too busy actually doing the bad stuff... evil

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 02:58:12 AM »

Talia,

I just wanted to throw a few things out there about how I view Terra's healing.

I think Terra was not so out of balance with the elements to need the brownies help untill Garrek attacked. After crossing the bridge just prior to Garrek's attack Terra was trying to enter a meditative state to calm herself, this was disrupted at a crucial juncture by the attack causing Terra's mind to become disjointed and askew. As the connections to reality slipped from Terra they attached themselves to fragments of Terra's early memory and pulled them together to form or reform Terra's young self.

Unlike Talia's healing of the internal damage caused by the demon, an external source to her person, Terra is healing internal damage from within her person. The demons Terra faces are created with her through her imagination to cover up and hide the bad events in her life that she has not really allowed herself to deal with. The healing process for Terra is really stripping away this subconcious delusion forcing her to face the true events of her life and to really have to work though them propperly rather than simply barry them up again. This being said, stripping the delusion away does not heal Terra's hurt, only forces her to face it, so Terra will likely remain upset through the healing process and for a time afterwords as well.

Terra though will need Talia's support, to comfort her through the process as her pain and emotional termoil is revieled, and Terra is forced to face it all in its true nature. Terra will become "older" again as she steps through the timeline of her life and the events she has tried so hard to barry within herself with the delusion. In the end much if not all of her past will be revealed and she will have to reconsile herself, which may be as hard as facing her pain.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »

Terra, I'll answer tomorrow afternoon and will continue with posting - we are again going away for the next 24 hours (celebrating a round birthday of a dear friend), till then!
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 05:16:53 AM »

Sorry, I have a cold till yesterday and thinking clearly requires a lot of effort..  :(  need a new head!
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »

NP, I am struggling to keep my life straight. Things seem to almost be changing every week. :|
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 05:08:33 AM »

quote:

Unlike Talia's healing of the internal damage caused by the demon, an external source to her person, Terra is healing internal damage from within her person.

Yes, I agree mostly with what you said, but would see it a bit different nevertheless. Main thing is that Terra has to heal herself from within.
But why is she able to do it now and why not earlier? Why needs she treatment as well, the same Talia needs?

Let‘s explain it this way:

Terra encountered shocks in her youth she couldn‘t cope with and so she wrapped her terror and her past with it tightly in some „internal“ wrapping paper and put it in a corner of her mind so she couldn‘t have access to it. But this action brought her whole being out of balance as did the demon with Talia. A person with such a memory loss is out of balance and any illness of the mind has an effect on the body as well. That doesn‘t mean, that Terra could not be strong and a good warrior.

Now that she is treated by the brownies who try to bring her back into balance, she finds the inner power to unwrap the layers which cover up her terror. The more the balance is restored the more she is able to face her "inner demons"?

What do you think?
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »

Actually that is pretty much what I was trying to say. For your analogy think of the "Pain Demons" she struggles with not only being the imbalance caused by tucking away that memory, but also as sort of a big warning tag, "Do not open". Really it's a self reinforcing condition. I think she was generally able to mediate the imbalance and prevent it from getting out of hand through her meditation, that being disrupted threw her further and gravely out of balance such that without the healing the adult Terra persona would be forever lost.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 04:32:52 AM »

Talia I had a random thought about Terra and the healing process. If I am not mistaken the healing process entails introducing Talia and Terra to the 4 elements, correct? In this case eventually Terra will be introduced wind, now this is where I get curious. Terra is a Gifted Macanti with a latant ability for wind magic, so I wonder what effect this part of the healing process may have on Terra, either good or bad, if it would at all. Could it effect her latant magical ability in some way, maybe temperarily enhancing it, or possibly Terra would mearly become aware of the ability? I certainly have no intention of it becoming anything more than a latant ability, but it does raise some questions.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »

Ah, I forgot about this ability of you! But that is a great idea to involve this somehow.. have to think about it!  Wind will be the last element though.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 03:58:43 AM »

Hail all,

I will be out of town for this long weekend so I will not be posting. I am going to visit my best friend for his birthday, and check out the scene at my soon to be new stomping groungs. I will be leaving Saterday morning and likely back some time Monday night. So I may post again Tuesday some time.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 11:23:37 PM »

I'm back and cought up on what was happening this morning. I will certainly post after the next opertunity.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2007, 06:43:14 AM »

Airi (my japanese guestdaughter) leaves on Saturday and I'm a bit stressed, but maybe I can post tomorrow morning!  :)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »

Terra and Talia,

In the morning, just before the next stage of your healing begins, would it be okay if I "puppeted" Primrose just long enough to pass along a short message from Ta'las?

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

I have no problem with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]