Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale/Time of Healing (OOC)  (Read 55513 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2008, 11:47:32 PM »

Hello altogether! Thanks for your prayers and good wishes! And I hope  as well that all is well with your family, Morc. :)

I'm not yet recovered fully but have to go to my doctor daily to get pumped full with high doses of vitamin C and whatelse, get an acupuncture in the face which should be good to get rid of my sinusitis ( but I don't feel an immediate effect of which others reported me) and injections in my back. That all should help to get my failing immunsystem back into gear, which was on a very low level the whole winter. But I'm definitely feeling better than a few days ago, though I'm still very tired and I still have to be cautious not to get my headache back because I'm sitting too long here in front of my comp!

While  rereading the last posts of the Respite thread I found following:

Ta'las (474) mentioned in on of his posts orcs - as far as I know, there are NO "wild" orcs in Southern Sarvonia apart from the southern slopes of the Tandalas. I'm not counting here the orcs of Ximax of course. And there are no halfbreeds yet around as planned for low-social works. Nothing which has to be corrected, I just wanted to mention it for our further writing.

@Ta'las - no need to hurry ;) (Though I thought you would hurry with Terra out of the cave ;) )

@Terra: Don't seduce me with your links of SL! I will not try it out , otherwise I will be lost, I know it. I found your blog entry fascinating, did you do a goth party? I can show you a photo of a goth girl in RL, though she is not really in this scene, but wrote an essay about it, did a "working piece"(?) (which did keep me away from my comp for some time and which you can see on the photos....). I will upload some photos, but not for long!

And now comes the hard part for me, and for some of us as well, but after thinking for more than two days about it, if I should say something at all, what I should say and how to say it in a way to not hurt other feelings, I decided that I have to say something, otherwise it would rumour in my inner and lead to Talia's final death, sooner or later.

So, here it is:

The majority of you have already welcomed Twen and I know she is a splendid writer and so it seems that it is a fixed thing, but I still want to speak out my objections:
I'm against the  joining of Twen, especially in her Twen character. Before I tell you my arguments, I want to say three things first.

First:  I'm here most of the time, at least every second day, though I'm not logging in nor is there always a reason to say something. I have been busy in the last time, my visit in Berlin, two further visits of relatives who had round birthdays, but I'm always available via email (apart from the last week where I was really unable to sit, not to speak from using my comp). So  - it would have been nice, if my opinion would have been heard as well before inviting her in. Just because I'm not filling the board with senseless writings that does not mean, that I'm not reading/listening.

And no, I did not join another site, I'm playing a game, interactive,( not too different what Tera does in regard of 3D persons running around) where you can have a character with which you can encounter a beautiful big world, fight monsters, talk, play, have fun together with other players. That is where my dev-time goes. The game is World of Warcraft: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml
 My main charakters there are a nightelfen huntress (Tahita) with a great cat (Tahor) and a troll shaman. (Tirrissija)
I'll post some pictures once I have uploaded them.

Second: I don't think it is a fair way to introduce a new player to a story in such an open way, where it is hard to say no, especially if others have already agreed  to. This is not fair for somebody like me who is against it, it is not fair for the person in question like Twen in this case. It may work, if it is a newbie with promising qualities, it does certainly not work with a wellknown player like Twen. I feel terribly bad to speak out against her joining and certainly Twen feels bad as well when reading this. That would have been avoided, if we would not had decided about it in the open, but via email or via a secret room in the chat.

Third: Twen, that is a question for you. If it has been your desire to join the Heart for five years, why have you never said so? Where have you been, when we would have needed desperately someone to help carry on the heart, when Terra and I struggled to keep it going? With Capher ill and gone so often (not knowing, if he would return) , with Koldar leaving, Dasson away etc? There have been vacancies all along the path. Now, where we are more than full, you wish to join. I don't understand that.

I thought I should not write all in a long post, but divide it a bit, so I will post my arguments in the Audions and Restrictions Thread. (Look here)
 However, after having reread and reread all, I think my objections against the Twen-character (not necessarily one of her others, I don't know them, though Synter looks very similar in the aspects I do not favour) are based on personal objections as well.

I dislike e.g. that I'm called Lady ( Lady Talia), but when I asked Twen once to say just Talia she said she could not, for she wanted to stay in-character and that would require to call me Lady Talia. I definitely don't want to be called in my own story (and it is by now my own and not just Capher's) Lady, not ingame, not OOC. But if this is an important feature of her char, she cannot give it away either.
I'm  - or Talia, don't know don't feel very comfortable in the presences of such an highly styled, shiny polished character, dancing on light feet  through the forests and wilderness. She is so different from our current characters, Aminah included.
I know, these are all unfair arguments against our dear Twen, but not speaking them out would have not solved my problem. I thought about writing you a mail about it, but then this would not have made the situation better, if you, Twen, would not be able to read the stuff, hurting or not. If there should be a possibility playing together at another point, there should be no secrets somewhere lying around.

There is however another solution which came to my mind this night, though it would be terribly hard for me and I put the thought away quickly, but it insisted in penetrating my still fevery mind: Perhaps this is a sign, that Talia just should end her story here and allow Thea close the doors to Santharia completely. Talia will learn about her past in the tree and maybe she decides to leave the group and go to search her lost past in Aeruillin. I don't know, I'm lost again.

I don't want to say now, that I will leave, when Twen joins, I don't want to set you under that pressure. But you all need to decide now, what to do.

As said above, the rational arguments I tried to gather are elsewhere.

And sorry Twen, but I suffered enough with Santharia already that I'm not disposed to just be silent and let the things run as I would have done so before I joined the site or used the internet in general.

I hope your injuries from your caraccident don't hurt too much!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:55:17 PM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »

No extra thread yet:

Obviously the heart is such an attractive story (why have so many left then?), that we might consider to open it to a certain amount, but we need to regulate the access in a way. . Opening the story to guest characters could be a good idea.

Yes, we will still have too many people in the group, but this would be only in certain situations or for a certain period of time. The guest character could stay as short as a day or as long as half a year, depending on the function he has, the role he is playing. Very short visits could be even played by our own alter egos, if we just need somebody to tell us the way::

We could meet my cleric in Ximax, he could tell us the way to the orb, an post or two for him, not more. I would not bring in our own chars for longer, the Kaelan example was quite nice, we needed him, he was here and is gone again.

We could meet Twen's Synder on the ship to the north, not necessarily a "needed" encounter to bring the story forward, just to bring in some fun.

I can't find  examples, for I don't know the people anymore and if we could need one of their characters. But they could apply for a guest presence and we can decide, if we can use them. Or anyone of you who knows the current chars better could propose somebody. But, there should not be more than one with us at any time, for otherwise we get overcrowded.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2008, 02:50:10 AM »

Talia the reasons I had not joined in the past are simple and complex at the same time. At certain points my responsibilities elsewhere on the boards kept me from doing so in good conscious. At others real life issues held higher interests for me than committing myself wholeheartedly to even more on the site. Just as you have found other interests on the internet, so have I at various times. I apologize to you if my writing style seems frivolous or flowery, but I thought the idea was to be detailed and accurate in all you write.

If for a moment my entrance into the story would move you further from the site, then I sadly must say. "I refuse to join a story that hurts you in anyway. That was not my intent, my only hope was to get a chance to RP with great writers such as yourself and the others here." 

Thank you all for your support and votes for joining but if that goes against Talia's wishes and harms her in any way. Then I will pass on the offer and I wish you all the very best in your story. Keep up all the good work and I'll continue to read all that you write.

Secondly: I don't do cameos.

Thank you for your well wishes Talia and I use Lady Talia as a term of respect not out of necessity, nor have I ever said I would not call you anything else. My momma taught me to be respectful, sorry if that somehow destroyed your opinion of me.

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2008, 03:52:58 AM »

Twen, if the other wish you to join, I will try to overcome my resentments and skip my arguments against you, but not telling them would have been a bad option for me.

I was not talking about your writing style, Twen, but about your appearance. Today I have read your orc huntress, an interesting character (though I never imagined the orcs as having so distinct female curves like humans..). Maybe you can join us with her at the end of the story - then it would not be a cameo, though I don't see why being a guest for a decent period of time is an awful thing.

I know, you said you are persisting on calling me Lady Talia out of respect, but did it ever come to your mind, that it could be segregating somebody, not allowing him to be part of a certain group? I have anyway problems with defining myself here, I don't want to be the old wise woman residing over the horde of youngsters. I have long time already regretted that I ever revealed my age, for nothing excludes you more than this.

Now I'm getting my third dose of medizine..... hopefully it is enough..
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2008, 04:37:16 AM »

Talia my respect for you has little to do with age, it has has to do with all you have accomplished in the dream. I even use a formal greeting when addressing Kalina, who happens to be a bit younger than I. It's called admiration and respect for my fellow writers and their contributions to the site. I can only hope that someday my knowledge of Santharia rivals your own. You are a Lady to me because of the help, wisdom and friendship you have shown me since day one here. Very few people display the meaning of the dream as wholeheartedly as you do and remain adamant in their goals such as you do.

I don't think I have ever used the title to segregate you from me or anyone else. Maybe to put you on a pedestal, in hopes to one day have you consider me as a friend and fellow writer. But never to make less of you than what you are. If I recall properly I have invited you on more than one occasion to sit back and chat with all of us in IRC. If age were a deciding factor on friendships around here, I would have far less I am guessing. Do you and I share interests outside of those onsite? Yeah, but we have never had a chance to chat informally, which I regret.

Well even when describing an orc there are probably physical attributes that make them more appealing to one another. With limited references to take into account when writing one, you can only use the descriptive words known to you. My main reason for not doing cameos is I put my heart and soul into what I write. For it to be set aside as something less than what the others around me are doing, somehow lessens the reason for writing. The goal of playing a character is to expand and grow in character and playing cameos, at least from past experiences. Allows the core players this freedom and enjoyment, not the person playing the cameo.

As stated before "I won't be joining this story as it is not in your best interest Talia."

Dorrugh Svenstar
Frost Savant
Approved Character

Half-Orc, Avennorian/ Ashz-Oc

« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »

Hi there...

I've been following the discussions and understand that you may be looking for a possible guest character? I'd like to voice my interest if you are in need of a water/ice mage. No matter how small a role, I'd be willing to help.  Thumb up

"The ebb and flow of a chaotic mind is a wondrous thing to behold"
Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »

Either I'm going to say it, thereby throwing fuel onto an as-yet smoldering fire, or I'm not going to say it, and run a course that has been directly spoken out against by someone else. Either way, somebody gets stepped on, and now I have to decide who. Fun, isn't it? Knowing the power you hold over someone else's emotions, and forced to ponder, not whether they shall be harmed or not - such things have already been taken from me - but exactly how you shall go about wounding them. It is hard to take a familiar stance toward drama when your definition of "pain" has so recently undergone such a drastic distorting.

Should I begin with my case, or should I begin with context? Context exists; is actively present, and takes but a few moments and an open mind to see and understand. However, without express context, one's words are open to vast, and often unrealistic interpretation. Personal case, on the other hand, is something that remains secret, known only by the keeper until the choice is made to divulge it. To make my choice clear, both must be disclosed.

Above, Talia makes allusions to not stating one's mind being a disservice both to the one of mind, and to those in a position to hear. As it is written, so shall I not dispute. I will cease to quote further, but instead leave whatever context is required to be gathered by those who require; and move on into the case.

It is a favorite term of mine, and by me I mean my author, "I have no tale to tell." At first outlook, this would seem to be entirely irrelevant to the case at hand; I am not finished with my case.

As a group of characters, we have reason, nay, need to seek diversity in our members; to date, we have three women and three men, counting Capher, and then myself and Tulpje. This does seem to be a fairly diverse and even grouping; let us calculate further. Of 8 people, 6 are weapon proficient - seven, actually, as Tulpje is a warrioress of the brownie race, leaving one alone who is not a servant of the steel.

Suddenly, our pretense to diversity is destroyed.

This group consists of 8 characters of a, more or less, stale, single-minded warrior mold. You'll forgive me if I strip you of your individual personalities for the time being; if you will not, then you are free to look away while I do so. Each player has, in turn, added their specific piece of drama, and at this point stands ready to continue in the scripted refrain, adding their unique bits, views and ideas; actions, solutions, and what-have-you.

All but one.

Gingerly sidestepping the obvious, we will continue to peruse the fleshy bits of the case, making certain it is understood before we enter the heart - you may take that as a pun if you so desire. We have, as a group whole, opted to take on another character, played by Aminah, who rather distinctly breaks the ninety-nine-point-eight warrior mold that we have been given to. This also brings us up to nine active characters. I leave it to you to determine exactly where excessive is; I will not be so rash as to dictate it myself. And also, it would appear that I have nigh exhausted my data; there may be more, but I shall review, and we will see if I have a case.

1. Players are expected to add something unique and useful to the story.

2. All of us are warriors, excepting Capher.

3. There are eight of us.

4. There will be nine of us, according to the plan moving forward.

I draw my line here.

1. "I have no tale to tell." Aside from the incident in the Vale, and the subsequent move to the dwarven caverns, Kenriil has had, and will continue to have, nothing progressive or unique to add in the way of storyline.

2. While less adept than most, Kenriil is still a warrior, and therefore nothing unique in that sense.

3. Kenriil is a member of that eight.

4. Kenriil will be a member of that nine.

5. Yes, there's more this side of the line: Kenriil is authored by someone who already authors a character active in the story. If all other points were impeached, I feel this one stands on its own merits.

Therefore, and in consideration of all of the above, I ask that we withdraw the character Kenriil from the story. My case is made in full above, and I shall refrain from a review below.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »

I am sorry if my approval or disapproval caused hurt feelings, however I would like to state that the issue seems to be too deeply rooted in personal feelings. I get this from the tone of writing between the two concerned parties, and yes writing has tone, just like voice, it is not always as apparent. I don't want to see old time players leaving, but I also do not want other players excluded simply because of personal reasons between two. These are between them, I have getting put in the middle or other peoples issues, I really do.

As for characters and being spot on with site entries, very few are, to suddenly demand such is unfair. Terra herself I am sure is not, Caphers technically should not be allowed in roleplay with current restrictions. In fact I am fairly certain every character in this story has some inconsistency or another.

Talia, with all due respect I do hope you can work out what ever it is between you and Twen and remain in the story, Talia is a great character and I would like to see her go the distance. Like wise I would like to see what ever issue is between you two resolved. For both of you I ask you do so in a way that does not put this group in the middle. I for one do not want to choose and to be thrust into that position is rather childish if I may say so.
Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »

Review!

Read it again; sorry to put you through the trouble. Talia - as the author - does not put her issue with Twen - as the author. It isn't a personal dispute. Talia distinctly states her two largest issues as being first, overpopulation. Secondly, the Twen character's visual appearance, which is not for me to dispute, on the first count because I wholeheartedly agree, on the second because I am underinformed, and in all honestly, seek little further information. So there's no personal issue between them, Talia and Twen are still friends and so on.

My personal opinion, not to spite anyone, is that we should review our decisions now that we have Talia's take, which was woefully lacking last time, and proceed to revise our decisions. Terra, you are welcome to stand on the choice you have made, and none, as far as I know, will take displeasure at you for it.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2008, 01:48:35 AM »

I think you are at least partially right on the personal issue part, however the "Lady" issue does seem to set the tone for the remainder of the post and subsequent replies. So I do think this is mixed up in there somewhere or else it would not have been mentioned in the post as that should be between her and Twen and none of our concern. For this I will not count it against Twen joining.

Perhaps the group is too big to be together all the time, but if we look at the history of this story the characters have often broken up into smaller groups, either for long periods, like the Respite/Healing devision or smaller ones, say ones group goes to the market place to buy supplies. These get harder with small groups especially the longer ones like we currently have. You need at least 3 characters to carry it successfully over the long term, the same two characters constantly interacting gets worn out.

Personally I am at a point where I really don't care, this just seems a whole ball of drama I did not need. Hate it completely. I have wonderful things elsewhere, will keep roleplaying as long as it engages me, but I don't think I will bother much with anything else to do with the story OOC.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2008, 02:31:55 AM »

@Twen: 
Twen, I don't want to be a Lady, nor do I want to be set on a pedestal, nor do I want to be looked at as having achieved this and that. I don't want to be admired. I just want to sit under equals.
Maybe I should have more often joined the IRC, but back when I still was interested in Santharia I just had all hands full with developing, that I didn't have the time to do so .

@Kenrill:
There is one error in your remarks - we don't need you as a warrior, we need you as our leading philosopher, and your race brings diversity as well...

@ Terra:
Your voting for Twen did not hurt me, how should it? I fully understand that she is a desirable partner.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #431 on: March 16, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

Wow! I am a bit shell shocked. I have read the posts over more than once, twice even trying to understand all that has been said. Since I was the one who first brought up the idea of having Twen join us I believe I should say something, though I am not sure if it will reveal anything that has not already been stated.

First it was unwise to tell Twen she was welcome until we had heard from you Talia, and for that I apologize since as you have stated this story, though begun by me, has really been your baby for quite awhile now and your input should have been read before we voted. I agree that we probably should have taken a secret vote, however when it came to Aminah, it was public and so I thought that asking for Twen would be acceptable...apparently I was wrong.

As far as the title "Lady" is concerned; in character Capher has always addressed any female with the title "Lady" as far as I can recall unless they had a special title already attached. I may be wrong and if so then you may correct me.  If the title bothers you that much then I am more than willing to drop it. You just never stated so, at least as far as I can recall.

Ken's appraisial of the story, its characters and plot was very good. It showed me what I have been trying to do for quite awhile; namely, how does each character that we have now help move the story forward. His reasons for having Ken leave was very compelling and I almost agreed with him, until Talia stated "we need you as our leading philosopher, and your race brings diversity as well... " which is a valid discussion.

So now we come to the reasons why each character is with us and why they should stay or perhaps leave.  I have such an emotional attachment to each one of you; not only in RL, even if I have never met you, but mostly your characters, so it is very difficult for me to write that out, but I will try and just give short reasons why your character is here and needed or not needed if the case may be.

Talia- The character Talia is needed because when I created the story and her character came along i was going to have her sword through some means reveal itself as being the Sword of Fury. However, if I recall Talia gave valid reasons why her sword should not be the Sword of Fury. So, the question is why is she still around? The simple reason is that again in my mind Talia was going to be the one to weild the combined Sword of Fury and the Heart to defeat Eckra. To do that in the story I have thrown certain types of enemies at her to test her mettle and help her character to grow in mental and physical strength, but mostly mental. She has to believe in herself or all will be lost.

Terra- The character Terra is necessary because again as the story in my mind progressed I saw her character as a warrioress that would help ward off and kill enemies that may attack especially Talia, until Talia learns to believe in herself, and can defend herself.  Also Capher noticed that Terra had a dark spot in her soul that needed healing but he did not know how to do it himself and reasoned that along the way she would either find a way or some external force would help her.

The other characters that have come and gone, which I will miss terribly have been slowly replaced.

Ta'las- His character again is a warrior, but he is young so his journey is again a test and he too is a protector of Talia. I also envisioned his character as one that helps Talia to bond more with her Shendar past.

Teri- Teri's character is a warrior but an Elven one and through our journey she would be needed to help us contact and converse with the Elves we come across and then there is her growth as a character as well on her journey and the budding romantic relationship with Morcaanan.

Morc- I see Morc as the replacement for Koldar, though Koldar could never be replaced, but Morc is a very good second. I would like to see his character take on more of a leadership role, but so far he has been relunctant to do so. Perhaps, with the budding relationship and the realization of how dangerous this journey has and will become he will step up to that role; another character building journey. I also see him as a big brother to Ta'las as Ta'las is like a little brother to Talia.

Ken- is the comic relief as well as the philosopher of our little group and though small he is fearless and is willing to help any he calls his friends.

Those are the characters we have at the moment.

Aminah- her character already approved by our group I at the time, did not know where she would fit in the story, but Talia assured me and us that there would be a reason and a seamless way to integrate her into our group. She is to be a guide, I think, as well as helping Capher before he reaches Ximax and confronts this stone; though I have not reconcilled myself to the fact that Capher needs to do so, but the poem by Talia told to us through the Elven Queen, has subtly told me where to go to help me with Capher's powers.

Twen- Out of all of the characters we have as Ken so elequently stated we have no mage to counter magic attacks. Yes, I know I have powers, but I only use my powers as in shape-shifting and mostly for defense, not offense. We had a mage and a good one but he is gone and so my thought as I read Twen's character that she would be the mage we needed. Perhaps her mage character is not the correct one but a fire mage I thought at the time was needed and her Necromancy, though I do not care for that magic, makes her character interesting and I thought at the time the conversations as we travelled between any and all with her character would be thought provoking.

So, now you have my reasons and my thoughts not only on each character but also a little about how the story wil progress, at least in my mind.  As you can see no character needs to leave and each one so far we have added has and will contribute to the rich tapestry of not only the story but the interactions of all of the characters.

If Twen's character is not the right one, perhaps she could write up one that would be better or if not Twen at all then we need to search for a mage; for eventually we will need one as Eckra's attacks will become more intense the closer we get to completing our task and finally face him.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #432 on: March 16, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »

Capher, I didn't want to stir up a discussion who in our present group is needed or not or if somebody should go so that he/she could be replaced with a needed character, that would never have come to my mind! (You forgot our little Tulpje btw)
My concerns were overpopulation and  a heavy amount of fighters in the existing group, so IF we should take an additional character I thought it would be great to have a character along who is totally different to what we have, who could outbalance the woman/fighter banking(?slanting position?). A character which we  would need urgently to win our fight  or now I'm thinking that a totally useless character in this sense might give the story an extra kick, irritate a bit.

If you think we desperately need a mage to fight Eckra, we need to look for one, though a firemage would be still my last choice. (see my reasons in the other thread) Asking to write up a character for the heart from somebody who wants to join is a cool idea which I had in the last days. But I don't know, if Twen could do that, she  is interested in firemagic I could not write up any character, I need an idea which convinces me and could not do one on demand (though I would have some ideas! )

Twen? You are a magic person, could you come up with another magic character which does not deal with fire? Some ideas are already forming in my head, maybe one of these would be of interest for you? (I don't want to explain them now).

Back to the overpopulation: Terra mentioned, that we are often building two groups. That's true, but I think the last period was too long and till now I didn't see this as desirable. I would prefer to have more time with the group as a whole.

The Lady issue: Capher, it is a difference, if an old dragon/man calls a young woman Lady in character or if a young person refuses to skip the Lady OOC if an older person ask for it who definitely doesn't want to be addressed with Lady or Mrs.! You also say Lady Terra, but nobody else on the board is addressed OOC as Lady or Mrs, not Judy nor Alysse. So why me? I'm really considering to ask Mina to change the Lady of the South to Daughter of the South, though this is a nice title. But I think this is sorted out by now.

We need to talk about the story at another time, Capher, there has some stuff to be sorted out, I gave it with my poem a slightly different twist. Just one thing Capher needs to be healed in a way or regain more strenght, just think at the demon you turned into and could not control or the loss of your memory after that. You wrote quite often yourself, that you are not able to use your forces as you did in former times.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #433 on: March 16, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »

Surely you are jesting with me Talia, I only teach magic daily in the CD-Forum. Out of all the active role players and the majority on this side of the boards I probably know more about magic as a whole, than anyone. Although Mina deserves a great amount of credit in this regard as well, he does not actively role play at the moment. A particular element is no different than any other in form and practice, only the properties change. But yeah, I am not going to get all technical as a rant about Ximaxian magic is not the goal here.

In regards to creating another character to fill a particular role, I am not sure. I have 5-6 approved characters (fairly diverse) and three in the CD-Forum unfinished. Creating a character is an inspirational endeavor that I am not sure can be accomplished, at least for myself, out of hand. With a mage, a forager, a knight, a pirate/Rover and an educated Lady I had thought diversity was the name of my game. The three I have unfinished are another mage, an assassin (hate cliches) and a gardener (turned perceived Dragon Hunter). The only thing I do not have is opposing gender characters, due to my own opinion that such can not be played properly.

If my thoughts count here, there is one player that is playing a pair of mages outside of the element of fire. Both of them very well written and the writer has a good grasp on Ximaxian magic for a fairly new player. Azhira Elrosse, has a wind mage and a water mage both of them very unique and the player is a great writer.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:26:49 PM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

Kalna Dal'isyrs
Dal'isyrs
Mini-mod

High Elf, Karrhem

« Reply #434 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

I am going to jump in and be an nuisance. Talia, your basis for titles is quite shallow. If you don't want titles of respect, might you look elsewhere for human interaction :p

At this point, suck it up or stop ranting and throwing fits about it please. I don't need upset players because you can't handle being called a respected member of the board.

Thank you. 

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]