Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale/Time of Healing (OOC)  (Read 56168 times)
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »

OK, several thoughts here...

First: I am on a sudden and brief trip away - so I will be gone until the 10th or 11th.

Second: I have an upcoming trip on the 13th to the 17th. Not so sudden, but with this first one coming so quickly like this, it's a bit cramped timing-wise, I don't deny. Please puppet me as necessary.

Third (perhaps most importantly): Capher recently posted and said he was feeling better, so three cheers!  Thumb up Thumb up

Fourth: Story: We know Capher needs to go to Ximax - but what about the Anvil is the question, yes?
I was wondering, could the party split? Capher, Talia, Ken and Ta'las could go to Ximax, while Terra could lead Morcaanan and 'Teri on after Garrek and the Anvil. I know splitting up the storyline in this fashion could be tedious, but from an "in story" point of view, this makes the most sense to me...

TTFN! I should be back to regular, consistent posting on the 18th, if all goes well.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 01:48:22 PM »

I think it's a good idea. It's all up to Talia and Capher in the end, but I'm good with it.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »

I don't have time to answers now or to post. We just brought our Airi to the train (was a nice last evening) and head now to visit good old friends for the weekend. See you on Monday!
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:14 AM »

Hey everyone. How is it going? I have not had time to read the posts yet, but I will. Morcaanan, have a nice trip.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 01:28:29 AM »

It's good to see you feeling better, but as always we don't want you pushing yourself too hard. We do worry about you.

Anyway, about splitting up, I don't think Terra will be to eager to be separated from Ta'las after her "Treatment" is complete. She will not be completely healed in terms of being without emotional distress, she will still have to deal with the pain of her past, but she will be much better off. That being said, she could be convinced with some effort to do so if it was necessary for the quest.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2007, 01:23:13 AM »

Thank you Terra and I have learned my lesson. 

Morcaanan I think you are confused, Garrek has the "Heart" not the Anvil.  As far as splitting up the group Capher and perhaps only one other person would be all that would be needed for him to travel to Ximax.  In fact I was thinking since Ximax really is not a significant part of the story, Capher could go alone.  My RL absence can be explained in a post or two and I could be back before the healing of Talia and Terra is finished. I would fly to Ximax, find the stone, get healed and fly back.

Therefore the main story is not interrupted and after I get back we can go search for the "Heart" as Capher can feel its presence when he is close enough. What do you all think?
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »

Yeah, Capher!!!!   :)

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!!!  As you'll read, I've sort of puppeted Capher the past couple of weeks.  Right now, you're at the Council Tree 'visiting' with the brownies.

I've read over your and Morcaanan's suggestions, and they both raise an interesting quandry.  Like Terra, Ta'las would be very reluctant to split up from her, though he too would do so if it is necessary.  There are some questions about the quest "poem" that we haven't figured out yet, and the library in Ximax might have some of those answers.  Also, we still don't know where the Sword of Fury might be - wherever Tris' treasury is?

On another note - I have some holidays coming up next month (from August 3rd-17th) when I will not have access to a computer.  I will be around until then though.

Ta'las.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2007, 05:09:01 AM »

Welcome back, Capher!     :D

I'm not sure, if I like the splitting up of the group. Why do you want to do it? We could always invent some event which forces us to go to the Dwarven cavern first before we go to Ximax. Ximax is a great city we shoudld not miss - and maybe Capher needs us there? Then I would like to visit us the dwarves there for we have such a good description of Judith.

But i have to dive  in this poem I wrote first to rediscover what I wanted to say ;)

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 11:27:13 AM »

Hmmm... I am toying with the idea of having Terra sneak off after the second healing to see Ta'las. She will come out of the second healing at some point in her teens, So I would see it sort of a forbidden lover thing. She knows she is not supposed to see him bu sneaks off anyway. If I do this I will leave it open for the brownies to stop her or not.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »

Rolling Oh Ta'las, I know it is late summer but Terra thinks its spring!! Run boy, Run!!  LOL

Seriously, I am having problems trying to integrate myself back into the story. I will think of something soon. I promise.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 05:58:53 AM »

I wrote down the interpretation of my poem, who wants to know the solution? I talked with Ta'las about it and he had some good ideas. Capher, I think I should send it too you, it is your story after all.

I don't like the idea to split the group up, but I don't know why. If Capher would be away for a longer time, then we could cover this, but now I see no need if we invent an reason why he stays as I said above already.

I don't know what will happen with Kenriil, but maybe Teri has an idea? Or an important Brownie tells us that splitting up is not wise, that we should not allow Capher to go alone and that every splitting will weaken us?

Ta'las, you can visit us every time, but if I get around to post today we will be off on a mountain trip and you will have a hard time to run back, Terra. it would be an idea , for the third and fourth part will happen down in the valley again.

If any of your others are bored you could think about how we get to the dwarves and invent some dwarven NPCs.
Shall we have the fight to get the heart in these caverns or do we allow Garrek to have it longer (the heart will follow anyway, see prophesy).

Teri, if you plan to let Garrek die - a nice place would be the lava lakes in the Zirkumire(?) dvarven caverns... He could survive nevertheless, Sherlock Holmes survived a big waterfall as well ;)
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 06:32:14 AM »

Terra, I stopped here to give you a chance to react. Just bring us up the mountain if you like (a walk of several hours, with a rest inbetween maybe) , just stop shortly before the river.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »

Lots of neat stuff happening in the Vale, everyone!  :)

Kenrill - I haven't heard from Tulpje in a little bit, and if I don't hear by tomorrow, I'll have to move Ta'las forward.  Kenrill, how would you like this to play out?  Ta'las is close by, but he could be on the wrong trail.  If he finds you, he will come to your defense, though not with weapon in hand, but he will argue on your behalf and shield you from physical harm if needed.

Terra – I think the idea of Terra sneaking away actually fits quite well with how things will progress as they have already been set in motion: 1. Terra and Talia will reach the mountain today and sleep there tonight.  2. Tomorrow morning, before the healing begins, Primrose will deliver the message from Ta'las.  3. That day, the second phase of the healing will occur.  4. That evening, Terra will be at some point in her teenage years.   The call is yours - as Talia mentions, the way back is quite a distance and Terra may be fatigued from the healing.  But hey - you know teenagers - always doing fun and interesting 'teenager' things.  ;)

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »

Garrek will meet his demise somewhere in the caverns, where, I won't know until we're there, and while Holmes might have survived a waterfall... I'm quite certain he never survived bleeding to death due to an open wound, intentionally made by a large, smooth-edged knife... of sorts.

The Ken scene... I'm going to need lots of help on. I'm just... libbing it. They're not real keen on killing him, they mostly just want to see him be not in the Vale. Oh, and he's hurt some of them, maimed one or two animal companions by now. They're especially upset.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

Terra will be too tired after the healing, but in the morning she might get up early... and make Talia worrying! (I'm used to teenagers worrying me ;) )

Maybe Ken flees up the mountains and over it out of the Vale and ends in a dwarven cavern where we meet him again by chance (Seyellas's fate of course)?Would he be able to make it? what would we do?
The rest of the party could be busy looking after him.
I don't know however, if the Vale can be left without major climbing or at all!

Or anything else, Ta'las , you are about to meet him!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]