Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale/Time of Healing (OOC)  (Read 56164 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 09:47:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've just heard that Capher is in the hospital again - I hope he is doing well!!!  I decided to do a little puppeting to move us ahead a little, and give us some room to interact.  I hope everyone is okay with what I've written, if not please let me know.

Ta'las.

Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »

i think what you wrote was very sweet.

I am and always will be me. I have my faults and mood swings so if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best. :) Salena's CD
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

You did a marvelous job, Ta'las. It shows that you have read Capher's post very carefully, you did catch the way he writes and thinks! And a good reason to leave the group for a while!

Capher hope you will be back soon, all the best for you!

I think I announced it already some while ago - i will be away from Saturday on for two weeks. I'll try to post the next step of our healing, but there will remain still two others. But as you are independent, only Terra has a bit of a forced break. (Terra, if you are bored, just invent a brownie kid who teases the other group!)
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

Tá mo croí le mé ní.

Hmm.... I probably could have put it that way, but it still doesn't say exactly what I was trying to get across. I was looking for "lost", but...

I'm sure there's other ways to put it...

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

Sorry, 'Teri - my elvish is rusty at best.  How does Tá mo croí le mé ní translate?

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 12:44:05 AM »

Tá mo croí le mé ní is actually Irish. It means, "My heart is not in me."

However, that doesn't capture the implication of confusion contained in the English word "lost", which means... I need to find another idiom, only in Styrash. I really enjoy the language thing, I'm finding more and more.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 06:22:02 AM »

People, I'm back! But drowning in RL work like cleaning and washing and ironing...  bah, how I dislike this. And then all these social events in summer ...
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »

NP, my inpending move this summer and intervening personal events have had me more or less in a wow. Though i really want to be roleplaying in any medium my head just is not quite there. :|
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 12:36:48 PM »

I've puppeted Capher a little more, since I heard that he is still in need of rest.  Capher, if you do read this - we're glad you're out of the hospital, but please turn off your computer and go rest.   :)

Ta'las.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »

People, you are wonderfull writers! I enjoyed your last post very much, Ta'las, I think Capher will like it as well.

Terra, just see how much and when you can write, I drag you on if needed. Don't feel any pressure to write something, then you will see, that suddenly it is possible again.

I'll try to continue today!

There is something which bothered me for a while now. Capher needs to go to Ximax fast, but we need to go to the Rimmerring's Dwarves as well. I would prefer, that we could go there before instead of going first to Ximax and then return back to this more southermost region. A solution would be, that we are FORCED to postpone Ximax and have to go there first - just let us find a reason. Maybe even what Terri has in mind would suit somehow or we have to chase Garrek for the heart and he retreats in the dwarven realm (maybe he is forced to do so?)

We would not be able to take out mounts with us in these caverns, I suppose...

What do you think?
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 08:41:14 AM »

Hi Talia,

I agree - this is a very talented group of writers we have here!   :)

I'm wondering - What is your reason for wanting to go to the dwarven realm first?  Is it because we need to then go further north to recover the Sword of Fury?  I've been thinking about this also, and every time I do, I wonder how difficult it will be at times to be toting around an anvil?  Also, who among us has the skill to use it? 

Anways, there are a couple of possibilities I can think of (though there are probably more) for why we would go to Rimmerin's Ring first:

1. Maybe Garrek has somehow learned the location of Kurik's Anvil, and we are now forced to follow him to Rimmerin's Ring.

2. Perhaps the brownies could use their Life Magic to lessen, delay or temporarily remove Capher's affliction long enough for us to go to Rimmerin's Ring and then on to Ximax for his permanent healing.

As for the mounts, I think it will be important for Talia and Ta'las to have their mounts back before too long.   (Don't know how long too long is?!?)  My understanding that though this bond isn't magical in nature, there is a spiritual connection that might make it necessary for a Shendar not to be away from her/his Aj'nuvic for too long.  I could be reading too much into this one, so I'll defer to you on this one, Talia.

Cheers!

Ta'las.

Simonne Miller
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »

Uhm, Kenriil... What you described in your last post is just about as far from what the brownies would do as you could get, in my opinion. For one thing, they'd know you're with the party of the people that are being healed, and for another, brownies get along best with the halflings, because they're smaller than all the other races. It says so in the entry. So why would they call a halfling a demon?

I'm sorry, but playing a brownie myself makes me kind of like them, and I really think they wouldn't do something like that. If they thought he was a demon, they wouldn't have let him into the Vale in the first place :)
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 04:43:56 PM »

I don't agree with you Tulpje - maybe Ken should have explained a bit more how it has come that the Brownies think he is a demon, but maybe he wanted to reveal this at a later time.

There are people here, who have had an encounter with demons and are here because they need a healing because of that. Though nobody will know precisely what has happened apart from Primrose maybe, rumours have spread. Perhaps they are still possessed by one? And then comes this halfling who is so different from the other halflings - he carries a sword - and he permanently talks - talks maybe nonsense for the ears of the Brownies. The hobbit race is known to talk a lot - but not to the extent Ken does it.

So if just one had the idea that he is a demon and maybe whispered it in the ears of his friends, the  disaster can take its way. Maybe they are predominantly youths....
Simonne Miller
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »

Oh well, if you say so... I'm still not sure about it, but then, what do I know ;)
Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »

Normally, no they wouldn't. As a matter of fact, Ken might get along well with brownies under any other circumstances. One must, however, also consider that Garrek just passed through here, and who knows what kind of poison he might have spread. Actually, in one of his last posts in the Gorge, he mentions that he has an idea. This could be part of his plan.

Ken is odd. Everyone who stands near him will, and in point of fact has, thought this. It's natural to think of somebody who seems so content talking and talking and talking to no one until you would think, no, hope; no, pray they'll run out of breath, but Ken just keeps on going. If you've never read any of his more elaborate posts...

The up-and-coming are always highly impressionable. Races like the halflings and brownies even more so, to the point that if they had a reason to hold someone in veneration, they would listen to their words as though they were gospel truth, clear until those words stopped getting spoken, and then, usually, promptly forget them. Sometimes, though, there are pieces of what is spoken that remain, because of one of several factors: Rhythm, which is always easy to remember, simplicity, or outrageous quality. It is possible that the initial tale of one of the group members could have been initiated by Garrek, and the brownies have sorted out for themselves who.

Not Capher, he's the White Wolf, the Storyteller, they all know him from tale or in person. Not Talia or Terra, they're the ones Primrose is helping. Not Ta'las, his name is on the introductions, as, I believe, is Morcaanan's. Not Aueniteri, she's... part-elf, and she's been introduced before-hand, too. Not Morcaanan, he's just... well, they haven't seen much of him, and he's always busy with something. Busy people just don't have time to do bad stuff.

Ken, on the other hand....

He talks a lot. He talks a very lot. He has a sword, and now that he's used it on them, even though in defense, they're more willing to believe he's bad somehow. He says stupid things that don't make sense. He talks as though someone is listening when nobody is, or at least there's nobody there to address. He's just... weird. Suspicious. Fun to pick on. And besides, can't he take the spotlight for a minute, too?

:D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]