Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale/Time of Healing (OOC)  (Read 55516 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »

Could everyone who wishes to please continue this discussion in a separate thread or in private by email?  Initially, we were considering Twen joining the group, so it made sense to deal with this in the Respite/Healling OOC.  However, these most recent posts relate to a topic beyond the scope of either of our Respite or Healing threads, and distract from what we are trying to accomplish in our story.

Thanks,

Ta'las.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »

So I should take this statement that my consideration is out due to the opinion of a single person? As I thought this was indeed still an open discussion, I would like to extend my apologies and shall not post here again. Thank you all for the initial warm welcome and wish you the best in the continuance of your story.
~Sincerely~
Co f cr'tuuln:Twen Araerwen
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:02:20 PM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

Acck!

No Twen!  I meant the discussion about titles and such.  My apologies for the vagueness of my post.  As far as I'm concerned, the topic of you joining is something that relates to the story, and I am still in favour of you joining.

Ta'las.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2008, 11:36:21 PM »

Hmmm, I guess the addressing of another of Talia's concerns might be useful here. You mentioned elsewhere in these forums that the party didn't need another 'pretty' maiden hopping about then directly quoted my CD. I would ask you to point out any section of it that clearly states Twen is any more than average to, at most, cute in physical appearance.

Though you quoted many instances of her clothing and adornments to strengthen your argument. I see no such quotes regarding true physical characteristics. In reality I think every person male or female does their best with what they have to look better. True all of these things are written well with great detail, it does not affect the trueness of the character beneath. The bottom line, if another player finds Twen pretty I hope it is because of my writing, her personality and not some obscure statement to that affect. 

If we boil things down to the context of a medieval society, Twen possesses nothing of beauty. Her extreme thinness would not be viewed as endearing. Men often sought out 'thicker' women as strength and stamina were desired traits to care for the home and daily chores. True she may have extensive hair and a foreign shade of eye color, but even these are interpreted by the observer and not readily statements of beauty.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:32:40 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #439 on: March 17, 2008, 01:09:29 AM »

@ Kalina:

I think you post was fairly dispensable. Apart from that I did not entirely grasp what you meant, for whether did I understand what you meant with  your basis for titles is quite shallow nor did my dic tell me what to do with suck it up  and throwing fits. But dont take the effort to explain it, I think the discussion about this is closed and I have anyway the impression you are not able to understand me. Talas is right, this has nothing to here anymore.

@ Twen:

You misunderstood me. I never wanted to hint that you are not knowing enough to make an mage of another element. What I wanted to say is, that I thought you are in your heart a firemage (at least I thought so when seeing your interest in that on the dev-side as well) and that you might not want to play a mage of another element, not because you could not do it - you surely have the knowledge - but because it is not your favourite element. If I would have written all the priests down and their abilities myself, I would surely be the most knowledgable in this realm, but I could not play any of those, maybe two or three, Baveras Aid or Queprurs priest, but not necessarily be a priestess of Etherus...

You said in one of the above posts: So I should take this statement that my consideration is out due to the opinion of a single person?

I like to say here, that Im here in this story not just a single person , but one of the two main mods and as far as I know are story-mods well able to decline a player who wishes to join without telling a reason.

And as one of the two  main story mods and, though not the creator, but the one who kept the story alive for a long time (with the help of a few others) I wish to close this discussion here for now, because as I see it,  the emotional situation is too much heated to allow us to come to a conclusion now.
There is no need to decide now anyway, we dont need a mage now nor in the near future (if at all), but I think it is only fair to incorporate Aminah first and give her time to establish herself in the group.
As soon as some  time has past we can discuss how to advance with the story and whom to invite - here openly or via email. The votes for you, Twen, will be considered.

I close this thread now and open a new OOC for the story, where none of this issues should be discussed. If you need to say something, send emails.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]