Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time of Healing  (Read 29734 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2008, 08:22:14 AM »

Terra could not help but feel joy at having Talia with them again, she returns Talia's tight embrace and replies.

"I am glad to be whole again."

She draws away to look at Talia, smiling freely.

"You seem much better yourself my friend. Thank you for your support and guidance, I would be honored to consider you a sister."

Looking back Terra seems lost in the eyes of Ta'las, her lips curling up into a smile ment only for him as she draws herself close to him once again. She looks around and then to between Ta'las and Talia, her smile seems cast in the faintest shadow as a sigh escapes her.

"I am sure our friends are waiting, then we will have to leave this place and forge ahead in our quest. As much as I wish it were not so, I know I must."

Her gaze once again falls into that of Ta'las her words come softly and almost as it to herself.

"Until then I will charish every moment of the happiness I have found before we leave this place of great beauty."
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »

Something unspoken passes between Talia and Terra, and for a brief moment, Ta'las feels...lost, but when Terra smiles at him, the Shendar understands.  It is always amazing, what women are able to say to one another without speaking a single word, he muses to himself.  He smiles back at Terra and gently squeezes her hand.

"You also appear healed, Shendar-sister - it is good that we have spent this time here .  For all of us.  As for what I have done during your healing, I have continued my journey, Talia, and progressed some distance down the 'Warrior's Path', though I still have much left to learn before I reach Second Reality."

His eyes shine a little less though, when both women speak of leaving the Vale.  "You are both right about leaving.  It is time that we turn our attention to Capher so that he can seek out the 'eternal spring' in Ximax."  His face is serious now.  "Our friend will need us, I think, and soon."  He looks back at Terra and the solemn look on his face fades as he returns her gaze and is silent for a few moments as he takes in her beauty.  "You are ready, Lady Terra."  And then to Talia.  "As are you my Shendar sister."

"Come - let's return to our friends."

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2008, 07:51:13 PM »

"Any idea where the others are, Ta'las? Teri, Capher, Jeheraid?  Go ahead, please!"

She looks in the direction where the Council Tree and the hut for the big people is, but waits for Ta'las to tell her about their whereabout.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2008, 08:44:51 AM »

As Ta'las and the others begin making their way back to the hut, the Shendar nods to Talia.  "The others arrived today, but I have not seen them yet.  I wanted to meet up with you first."  The sounds of the forest fill the silence as he glances over at Terra and smiles.  For a brief moment, he has forgotten about their quest - their upcoming struggles.  Another moment to commit to memory, he thinks to himself, before continuing with his response.

"And then I thought we could join the others together.  They should have returned to the cabin by now."  The trio come to a small path that winds through the meadow where he had practiced with his weapons the previous day.  Ta'las looks up at the large sentinel-like trees that surround the area, and once again feels a sense of calm.  He points to the far side of the meadow.  "I see the hut now - we'll soon be rejoined with our friends."

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2008, 07:36:23 AM »

Approaching the hut where she suggested their friends to be, Talia suddenly overtakes Terra and Ta'las, hurries on and nearly runs towards the entrance. But then, her hand stops at the handgrip and she hesitates: What will come?

But that moment of sudden fear vanishes as it has come and she pushes the door open. Inside are three persons, a to her unknown Brownie on a fox, Teri and an old whitebearded man who seems to be somehow familiar, but on the otherside a stranger as well. She gives the strange looking brownie a quick smile and hello, but  turns then immediately to Teri, rushing to her side and hugging her as if she has not seen her for ages, ignoring completely, that she seems to have her breakfast.

"How are you, dear! Was it a long time for you or did you enjoy the vale? Where are the others, Jeheraid and Ca... "

And while she thinks at Capher, she looks at the old man next to Terri and her eyes get wide. Bewildered she stares at him, finally raises and goes over to him. She sits on her heels in front of him, looking intensely into his face.

"Capher what happened to you?"

With a soft movement she touches his face and strokes down along the white beard.

"It seems we need to go to Ximax quickly, don't we?"

And then she throws her arms around  one of her oldest friends as well, though this time she is a bit more carefully not to hurt him in any way.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2008, 03:23:20 AM »

Terra shares Ta'las' glance her thoughts mirroring his as she knows soon she will not be able to let the world and its troubles fall away as she gazes at him, her love, so she commits to memory every pristine moment, every look, every smile and offers him all she can. They walk hand in hand through the clearing where Ta'las had spent his time waiting as Talia rushes ahead in gleeful haste. She speaks softly to Ta'las as she watches, a thought coming to her in the place where he made his steps along the warriors path.

"I know this may seem odd, but, do you think we would have time to spare before we leave here? Seems like I have wanted to for some time."

Waiting for his response she savors every moment with him, close to him knowing that soon the certainty of the moments will fade and they will not know when or if they shall come again.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »

A grin crosses the Shendar's face and he stops.  "Yes, I do believe there is time to spare, though I think this is an odd place to snuggle.  The brownies follow us everywhere, and will definitely wonder what we are up to," he says with a wink.

"However, the brownies must have thought it odd to see my 'sword-dancing', especially by myself."  The Shendar then looks up at the trees, and feels the same 'strength' in this place that he had previously.  "There is something different about this place in the Vale, Lady Terra - it feels familiar, like one of the hills outside of my mother-sister's dome."

Then he looks at Terra, puzzled.  "I don't know how to explain what I feel here, Lady Terra, but this meadow makes me feel 'different'."  Strong.  Fast.  Aware.  Once again, though, his attention is drawn to the trees.  He takes a few steps toward them and peers at them more closely, but sees nothing out of the ordinary.  "Those trees," he says, excitedly, pointing at them.  "They are at the focus of what I feel."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2008, 04:29:26 AM »

Before Roosje could answer him.

Suddenly the door of the hut was pushed open and in rushed a very energetic, youthful, and seemingly completely restored Talia.  Capher watched her wondering what she would say, and do when she saw him. She hesitated as she saw Roosje upon her fox, but she had the presence of mind to say "hi" to her.

She looked at him but did not know him, It saddened him but then she rushed over to Teri and gave her a hug and started asking many questions, such as "where was Jerhiad and Ca..."

Realization hit her and she came over to him, knelt down in front of him and looked at his eyes. Her hand softly caressed his cheek and continued down his beard. At first she did not believe it was him, but when she had looked into his eyes, she knew and as Capher had feared saw him as an old, feeble man, when she asked him what had happend and before he could answer she stated that going to Ximax was paramount.

Capher heard the concern in her voice and when she did hug him, felt how she tried to so without squeezing him to hard as if, if she did, she would hurt him in someway.

Capher grimmaced and hugged Talia back with a bit more strength than what she had done to him and then they pulled apart; she was still staring at him.

He smiled at her and spoke with a strong voice, though it sounded old, "Lady Talia, I am so happy to see you. I see that the healing process has done wonders for you. Praise Seyella! and as far as your question is concerned I am fine. Whether or not what is happening to me is the cause of Eckra and his magic or something else or whether Ximax and that stone will heal me; only time will tell. But, let us not concern ourselves of that right now. I wish to hear of your healing journey? And to know what has become of Lady Terra and our boy warrior, Ta'las? Are they with you? Are they coming as well?" He asked, looking toward the open door, expecting Terra and Ta'las to run in any moment, but it did not happen.

Capher looked back at Talia with concern written on his face and his brow wrinkled even more than usual as he asked an unspoken question. Was Lady Terra and Ta'las alright?
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2008, 07:34:35 PM »

Capher tries to calm Talia's concerns about his health, but Talia is still worried. But at least she can answers his question about Terra and Ta'las in a positive way.

Don't worry, Capher, Terra and Ta'las are well. I haven't talked much to Terra yet, but I think the healing was as successful as mine, to judge after how she looks. And apart from that, there is now another source of healing, you will see. This "source" may be the reason why they need a bit more time for the few peds to the hut than I did.

She grins slightly, thinking at the looks Ta'las and Terra gave each other.

Well, and I might be a tiny bit closer to the puzzle of where I come from, she adds, now sitting in front of Capher. I had weird dreams and I don't know, how to interpret them, I think I have to go to Aeruillin some day.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »

Capher's brow wrinkled more in puzzlement as he pondered on this source of healing of Terra and Ta'las. He did not know that Ta'las needed any healing. Talia told him about the strange dreams and where she thought she came from. Capher was puzzled at that as well; he always though she was a Shendar. Was she not? He asked himself.

"If Aeruillin is where you must go some day then I will gladly be your traveling companion to find your home; that is if you will have me? And if we survive this adventure." Capher said.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2008, 12:56:02 AM »

Terra simply smiles as Ta'las her gaze falling into his adoringly.

"I am sorry Ta'las I was being selfish for the moment, but perhaps we should join Talia and our friends."

She takes his hand, drawing close for a quick blushing kiss. Somehow she feels like a young girl under the sway of a crush, a little embarrassed at the actions it drives her to, unsure of herself, a little afraid of doing something wrong. Yet she feels it is deeper and that in time she will grow more comfortable expressing how she feels for him. Taking a step back she draws him toward the hut, releasing one hand as she continues to hold the other as they come along side.

"Tell me about where you like Ta'las. Are there trees like this there? You and Talia seem to act and tease like brother and sister, are all Shender so close? Do you think Capher will tell us more about where I am from? I still don't really remember it, just vague impressions really, some events, bits and pieces."

Her smile is bright and radiant as she looks to Ta'las awaiting answers to her sudden flurry of questions as the hut draws near, the shock of her feelings, and the feeling of them being shared starting to wash away.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »

The Shendar silently berates himself for giving up an opportunity to show his affection for Terra, and vows that the next time she asks whether they have 'time to spare', his answer will be yes.  Still, he savours the walk with Terra, and returns her kiss; as he does so, his blood stirs, and a new sensation rushes through him that forces him to calm himself.

"Many questions, Lady Terra," he says as he absently rubs her hand.  "I do think Capher will tell us more of where you are from - I would like to know more about you."  He looks at her again, returning her adoring gaze, and then shakes his head when he remembers she has asked him a question.  "As for where I'm from - it depends.  In the wetter parts of the Rahaz-Dath, you can find trees that are similar to these here, but where I live it is quite different.  The Li’accuy, as many know it is found in hot, dry parts of my home.  When it is small, it is just a small circle of thin, stiff leaves that are sharp enough to be dangerous in little boys’ hands.”  He grins at Terra.  “We call them Speartrees too, and many times I came back to my mother-sister’s dome with cuts and scrapes on my arms and face because we played swords with them.”

"They do not get very tall though – maybe four or five peds – and they are mostly just a stalk covered with long thin branches at the top where it will flower after a few years.”  His voice and eyes become a little distant as he continues.  “The flowers look like white slippers and they smell very sweet – they are nice at night when the wind is calm and their scent fills the air."

Then he looks back at Terra.  “But the fibers of the leaves are also useful for making certain things, like this.”  He pulls his sling from a loop attached to his belt and holds it out to her.  “The pocket is made from li’accuy – very strong.”

Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2008, 06:28:45 AM »

When Capher suddenly burst out with some strange words in the middle of his conversation, Roosje looked at him with open mouth, though he didn't seem to notice. Just as he didn't seem to notice just what he had said. She stored his words in her memory, perhaps to ask about them some other time, perhaps to stay in her head without being used. In any case, there was no time to ask now, because just at that moment the door burst open and in flew a tanned human woman - quite the contrast with Roosje's own white skin. The Birchbark on her fox did not receive more than a nod of acknowledgement, though she hadn't really expected much more from someone she didn't know. She was content to just nod back and watch the proceedings.

Apparently, Capher had not always looked like this, which kind of stroked with the stories she had heard about him. Even Teri, who had seen him the day before, and now this new woman who had seen him before Roosje's fellow Brownies had taken her to be healed. They both acted as though he had been much less frail before.

Through the open door, Roosje glimpsed the other two companions, walking together in the direction of the hut. The tall man was showing the woman something, though she could not see what. They would soon be here, and Roosje waited to see how they would react to the appearance of the Storyteller.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:23:15 AM by Roosje Greenfields » Logged

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2008, 03:21:14 AM »

The greybark Skydiver floated on silent wings behind the humans. She was suddenly, for no apparent reason, very sad. She wanted to run to the smallest hole she could find and curl up in it and cry herself to sleep. She was just behind Talas and Terra, but they did not notice her at all, absorbed into each other as they were. Again she felt that surge of jealousy, like before. She wanted to fly into the Terra's face, scream at her 'He's my human!' even though he wasn't, really. It was just... he'd been really nice to her.

With slumping shoulders, Tulpje gave her owl a small signal. Nash obediently drifted off to the right, away from the hut. It was time to go hear the verdict anyway. But she was already pretty sure that she would not be allowed to go with the humans. They wouldn't have sent another Brownie in to meet them if that was the case.

As she did not go into the hut, she did not see Capher's transformation, she always remembered him the way he had been on the trip to the dwarves. She would always cherish that memory, wherever her future life would lead her.

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2008, 03:54:57 AM »

Terra listen to Ta'las' voice, becoming more comfortable being so close to him, she holds his and and presses tighter to him as they walk. It seems like they will have forever together before they reach the hut, but all to soon they are at doorway. She releases his hand, entering first as they would not both fit through the doorway together, her lips drawn in a happy smile of greeting as she sees her friends again, but not all of them. She takes a seat opposite Capher as Talia has, but leaving enough space to offer Ta'las craving his closeness.

"Capher, I hope you are well my friend, though it appears you may have forgotten to shave."

Continues to smile her happy greeting then turns to the new brownie.

"And who may you be? Will you be joining us on the journey ahead?"

She asks as she waits for Talas to join her.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]