Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (under revision) Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai) / Kaŭrrhem / Mage  (Read 11343 times)
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »

I miss the dark elf concept...

Oh well. Revisions are fine by me. As always, who am I to find issues with your magic section, dear Dru?

First re-approval! Nod

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »

And if Azhira has no problem with your magic section, I'm happy enough with that as well. I read through the rest of it, and didn't see anything that can stop me giving you a second re-approval!

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 01:36:07 AM »

Wow, that was faster and with less complications than I thought.

:P

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:36:51 AM by Drustai » Logged
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 03:44:45 AM »

Minor Quibble that has nothing to do with your CD, just my own personal pet peeves with CDs I'll be reading from time to time.  Your signature.  Did you know.... that if you go to to your first post (the actual CD) and click on the title, you can then C&P the HTTP address into your Signature.  This way the link will lead to that post rather than to the end of the thread where you still need to go rooting through the different pages to find it.

Feel free to completely ignore me... has nothing to do with your wonderful CD.  Tis only me being lazy in the knowledge that I shall need to reference this CD often in the next few months. :P

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 04:05:30 AM »

Done.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:50 AM »

Moving to the Archives.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 01:20:42 AM »

Moving out of the Archives.

We shall now call this a Yoyo CD.  Down then up, then down then up.... :P

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »

I blame you! You're the one that made me decide to add a new weakness. ;)

Thanks for bringing it up. :)
Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:27 AM »

Done with updates.

Most significant changes were an addition of more history and a revamping of dates (pushing the Ximax training back and then detailing out the 200 years between then and now), and an alteration of her strengths/weaknesses.

As a result of some talks with Altario, I have added a very major weakness, Mage Grabber Disease. This essentially limits her most powerful strength quite severely, so I also bumped her level back up to 8. Despite being level 8, however, she can pretty much not cast Sphere 3 spells, I chose to make her level 8 due to show A) the amount of time she has had to train and it shows she was once very powerful, and B) so that she can have excellent theoretical knowledge even if she can't actually use those spells anymore. Even her Sphere 1 and 2 spells are more difficult to cast. This also has the effect of making her very wary on casting any magic at all.

As a result, I have added the addition of her being good at archery. I had taken this out before due to her high level, but now that her magic strength has essentially been cut in half or more, I figured it would be balanced to add it, considering her long age and other weaknesses.

Oh, and I also added even more pictures. <.< Mostly 3D art renders this time.

Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
Story Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »

Longest. Entry. Ever.  Shocked

I was reading the history and was totally engrossed in the various ups and downs of Drustai. I often simply skim CD history (shocking!) but I like Dru. She has to be the most widely traveled character I've ever seen.

Drustai, on the other hand, had stayed with Azthudan, part of a renegade network of underground wizards who practiced arts forbidden by Ximax. Expelled students, rogue cults, insiders, and so on. Few gave their names, aside from nicknames and monikers.

This network of magi just screams Everbright Cult.  evil The cult has their fair share of necromancers...strictly secret, of course, but not all of them. I would say some Ximaxian administrators are cult members, too. They all participate in covering it up. Someday I'll get that entry written.

During these years, Drustai traveled to many far-flung locations on the Sarvonian continent, including the dark spires of Thalambath and the cold streets of Remusiat. In Thalambath, she learned what little she can of Thalambathian Arcanistry, and purchases a Thalambathian Scroll Tome while there, but being a foreigner, woman, and elf barred her from receiving any true knowledge. Indeed, she faced rather severe persecution while in the city.

At Remusia, Drustai was seeking information on the ancient Dark Chosen, Alteth. Though she found much in the way of Remusian lore and myth, she was not able to locate what she really wanted—an avatar, a beacon of the Chosen’s powers, knowledge of his spells, or anything else that she could use. Like her studies of Krean Magic, however, there was nothing for her to find.

I'm disappointed Dru never thought to visit Osthemangar. The ancient orcen and dark elven ruins scattered about there would surely hold many arcane secrets waiting to be rediscovered. Mostly temples to Coor for the elves. The orcs slew their gods, according to myth, so their ruins would likely hold ancient nature type magic (not druid).

Anyway, it's about time you weaken ol' Drustai. Mage Grabber...ouch. You couldn't have chosen a worse weakness, I must say. Unless you take Mist taint into account. That will mess you up and drive you to talk to inanimate objects like your staff. And make you think(?) you are possessed by a demon. Loony!  :P

I now bestow my second first re-approval!

Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:36 AM »

Longest. Entry. Ever.  Shocked

I was reading the history and was totally engrossed in the various ups and downs of Drustai. I often simply skim CD history (shocking!) but I like Dru. She has to be the most widely traveled character I've ever seen.

Haha, yeah, I was giddy when I saw I had crossed over into two-page CD land.

And thanks. Older elven characters really have tons of history you have to account for. Even with all of this, I still mostly just summarized a good 100-150 years worth of it.

This network of magi just screams Everbright Cult.  evil The cult has their fair share of necromancers...strictly secret, of course, but not all of them. I would say some Ximaxian administrators are cult members, too. They all participate in covering it up. Someday I'll get that entry written.

It could have been. Though she would have avoided the orcs. She hates them. :P

I'm disappointed Dru never thought to visit Osthemangar. The ancient orcen and dark elven ruins scattered about there would surely hold many arcane secrets waiting to be rediscovered. Mostly temples to Coor for the elves. The orcs slew their gods, according to myth, so their ruins would likely hold ancient nature type magic (not druid).

Who says she didn't? ;)

As I said, I summarized that section. There's a chance she visited Osthemangar, and I might write something about it eventually. Possibly before this goes down to the archives again. :)

Anyway, it's about time you weaken ol' Drustai. Mage Grabber...ouch. You couldn't have chosen a worse weakness, I must say. Unless you take Mist taint into account. That will mess you up and drive you to talk to inanimate objects like your staff. And make you think(?) you are possessed by a demon. Loony!  :P

I now bestow my second first re-approval!

Heh. Yeah. I basically told Alt that I was a bit worried about Dru's strength in Destiny. He suggested finding a way to semi-permanently limit her powers. So I figured adding Mage Grabber, which also finally gives her a real reason why she's helping Denrykmar/Altario (I couldn't really think of one prior to that) would fix that. Plus, it's a major character development piece.

Thanks for the re-approval. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:52:29 AM by Drustai » Logged
Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »

Added mention of the Everbright Cult.

I started doing an Osthemangar section but decided against it. I'll leave that as a future destination she might attempt immediately after Destiny.
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
Story Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 12:59:03 PM »

The Everbright Cult is mostly humans and Volkek-Oshra. Very few elves are members, or even associated with them. The reverence of Anilya contradicts the elven reverence of Foiros. Clearly, the cult has many enemies among the religious body. Clerics of the fire deities especially hate Anilya's memory. However, the cult does have half-elves and even half-orcs, too. As for Anilya, it is not known what race she was. Most agree she was human/orc, but that is only a compromise agreement made long ago so neither humans nor orcs could claim her one of their own exclusively. The cult has practicing necromancers and demonologists as members (My Malexia, Dek's Phlegah and my dev side researcher Vekarn being a few of them). Although most members are fire magi, a few are members of other elemental schools like water. The general dogma is the practice of magic in destructive, powerful or manipulating ways.

Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

Okay. I expanded and fleshed out the mention a bit. You can now count Dru in that list of members. :)

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »

Sorry to butt in here but I just wanted to say that though I haven't seen many CD's, I can honestly say this is easily the best and most interesting CD I have ever seen and will probably be for a long time. Just incredible!

Btw, where'd you get those amazing renders from?

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price."
- Sun Tzu

"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."  
 -Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]