Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone interested about a story concerning a NPC hunt....???  (Read 2679 times)
Shansi
« on: September 16, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »

So is anyone interested about a story concerning an npc hunt? I am currently developing the idea and have several questions...
1. Is the tandala highland really impassable?
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 08:32:46 PM »

Pretty much, yes. 

Shansi
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »

Oke doke then! If I finish my entry about the tunnels under Tandala... Maybe everyone could use it as a shortcut  ;) through the Highlands
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »

What do you mean by npc hunt?

Niccoli Faust
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »

It means the premise of the story is following an NPC, over hill and dale and under mountain.
Shansi
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:35 PM »

Well.. It doesn't really mean hunt as in the quest is to kill the npc... The company just needs to give her a message because someone needs help.

Here is the summary of the Plot although I will leave some holes because they are surprises:
The Story will begin with a rich family whose child has been sick for quite a while. They have called for many healers but their skills only helped the child a little to none at all. So Helvil (my character), a friend of them was called upon but the child's disease is beyond his skill to heal. They were told of a family friend (wow this family have a lot of friends!) who is renowned for her healing skills might be able to heal the disease. They said that she lived once near their home but she moved to the north for some reasons. Helvil gathered a group to go with him to the north and call upon the healer and safely bring her to the south (its quite long...).

Of course, the one who inflicted the disease to the child, a wizard, decided to stop them as he did not wish to end the agony of the child's parent (yeah, evil wizard but he is just misunderstood). He sent a small number of people (much smaller, 1 or 2) to do anything to hinder or maybe even kill Helvil and his company. Of course the wizard himself will be included in the action and will provide magical assitance to his "chosen ones" (hehehehe) and drive Helvil to a dangerous path.

There will be a lot of fighting (well only in one place) and thingy like that so its kinda a long story as its going there and going back but at leat its not an artifact, that must at least count as a point  grin .
_________________________________________________________________________________
I know I have to dev many things to get this done but at least after that, I am allowed to hold the story  grin .
I am needing a mini-co mod to lead the company while I am gone (trust me. I mean this in a very different way) I will reveal the plot to them (the plot where he or she will lead the company towards the north)

Well that's it for now...
(Oh yeah there will be money involved so that the players have a reason on why should they undertake this quest anyway?)

P.S. So is anyone interested?
P.S.S. The story is not all about following an NPC but rather finding her like a treasure hunt...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:14:32 PM by Helvíl » Logged
Shansi
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 10:39:40 PM »

Yeah I do need but I could do things very fast, as I have said before, its the dev's board's mods that are hard to impress  ;) .

The things that I need to do right now:
The disease
The healer (or maybe not at all)
The rich family (same as above)
The Tunnels
That's all that I could think that I should dev...
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:07:37 AM »

Well, there are tunnels under the Tandala, but considering how they are all occupied by Gob-oc, going inside is pretty much suicide.  You couldn't dislodge them even with an army.  The most Santharia could do was to seal up all the entrances they could find, to keep the Gob-oc from getting out. 

Shansi
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:17:23 AM »

There are tunnels under the tandal but I am currently finishing one that is abandoned... or maybe we will just go around it
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 12:19:50 AM »

I'm going to mention something Niccoli is always preaching about for a moment. The Dev Board is not a means to an end here on the RPG. Artifacts for stories are mostly devved up to be sure that they work; it's an entirely different matter to dev up people entries, a disease, and even a place entry solely for the sake of a story. You're in for a long haul. I would suggest building on what is already present on the site. For example, we already have several diseases for you to choose from. And you won't need to dev up people entries for NPCs, they don't require that much detail.

Another thing I notice is that you want to enter Northern Sarvonia via tunnels under the Tandalas. As Mina has mentioned, such tunnels are filled with the Gob-Oc, but even more importantly than that, Northern Sarvonia is not nearly as filled out dev-wise as Santharia. Stories are encouraged to take place in Santharia for that very reason. I honestly don't see why you have to go through the Tandalas. Why doesn't somewhere in Santharia work?

Shansi
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »

Vesk... I have sent a message to Mina about the tunnels...
Another thing is that I have planned the disease for quite a while now and I thought of making a story out of it... So I did not create the disease for the story but I just thought of a story out of what I have planned... About the tunnels... please check my entry proposal at the dev board... Again, I first got the idea of making the place then afterwards, I thought of making a story out of it...

P.S. About your last paragraph.. The reason is actually pretty ridiculous...
I just wanted to use the entry that I am trying to get approved  grin Besides I am not going to the Northern most part anyway... I will look for a place where the story can be set place.

P.S.S. I can forsee that I am going to get bombarded by a lot of people... According to my crystal ball, I should flee right now but I am used to this as like in my school, it is always them against me...  grin
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:31:18 AM by Helvíl » Logged
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:38 AM »

Ok, I'll wait for your tunnel entry to be commented on by devvies more active than me before I comment any further on the plot you have laid out here. The tunnel is essential the way the plot stands now, any comments made to change it could possibly affect the plot as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:55:14 AM by Vesk Lyricahl » Logged

Shansi
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 01:02:11 AM »

No worries about the change in the plot... As I have said to Mina, the plot is quite flexible  and changing one thing will not affect the other things in the plot too much....
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 05:29:28 AM »

I guess my problem with all of this is the fact that stories are just becoming too freaking complicated. They have to have something created on the Dev board or approved by the dev people. What happened to the simple stories that don't need entries in order to work?

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Shansi
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 06:01:03 AM »

well.. I just need to impress the dev people with one entry to start this thing... (I want it approved because I had them first before I made a story out of them.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]