Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Harbour  (Read 25881 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« on: October 07, 2007, 01:04:56 AM »

Jorgan Alleda-fey-Launce, Lance of Alleda in the ancient language, leads a group of soldiers down towards the docks.  Although it is spring, the wind here is still extremely cold.  The water in the harbour has only been open for a few weeks, and snow still covers the ground.  That is not unusual; however, as only the warmest summers ever see the snow completely disappear from the lands. 

It is the open water which has made the harbour area a maze of people, carts, wagons and goods.  During these brief summer months, trade is the most important action, that and fishing.  If not for the sea, Remusiat would not be able to exist as it does.  Certainly, not with the population it boasted, of nearly ten thousand people. 

Jorgan was not here with trade on his mind, nor fishing.  There was another ship here that held his interest.  It was the reason he had been ordered by the king's advisor himself, to come down here.  He headed straight for the ship, for he knew exactly where it was moored.  Behind him, a detachment of 20 seasoned guards, taken from his own command of Caracal, the palace guards.  These were men he trusted implicitly, men that he had been with for years.  He would need that.

The ship that he was to board was a special ship, or rather, what it held was special.  Within its hold were members of a Ximaxian delegation.  This was the first time in the history of their two countries that an official delegation from Ximax had come here.  They were here to meet with King Araman, though he did not know the details.  Once more, he did not care to know the details.  He was the Captain of the Guards, and as such, he did not need to know the agendas of the king, or the prince, just to ensure that they were carried out.  And this is what it entailed today. 

The trouble with this mission, however, was the fact that the only thing that came out of Ximax was mages.  And the one thing most Remusian’s hated, was mages.  Allemedo had specifically reminded him of that when he sent him on this mission.  Nothing untoward the mages was to happen today.  Nothing.

Jorgan stopped before the ship.  He turned to his second in command.  “Set up defensive positions and wait here for my return.  I shall not be gone long.”

The lieutenant nodded, and barked orders to the men, who moved quickly to obey.  Jorgan nodded, pleased, then turned and walked up the gang plank to the ship.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:12:36 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:57:36 AM »

Alvyster Churin

“Remusiat.” Alvyster spat the word from his mouth much like a morsel of disgusting food. As the ship docked, he reflected on the long journey. Sognastheen eyes pierced those of the aides before him, not the least of which the newcomer, whose name he knew not. Studying the dark haired maelf with a cool expression, a sly smirk crossed Alvyster’s face. None of these would know what they were in for in this city. Of course, his snide comments throughout the journey would give them hints about the repulsive, mage-hating people of this icy land. Fear did not fill him, but he imagined he instilled it in quite a few of those accompanying him. Fingering his pointed nose, the man peered about the hold. What were they waiting for?

Standing, his lean frame towering over those still seated, he began to pace the small area. Billowing white robes created a ghost of a man drifting about the room. The dim glow of the lamp left most corners in shadow, and the creak of the ship as it moved on the icy waters created an eerie atmosphere. Gazing over the aides, Alvyster hoped they had the gall to even step off the ship. He, of course, had no worries whatsoever, but these seemed fragile and sheltered from much time spent in the City of Magic. Waving a hand dismissively at his own thoughts, Alvyster folded his spidery fingers before him.    

”You, there.” Abruptly turning on his heel to face the dark haired man, Alvyster’s mouth upturned in a smile. In a soft, but direct voice he inquired, ”The importance of bringing magic to these people is..?” Raising his eyebrows, Alvyster’s face had a sinister look. Yes, these people would need magic if they were ever to advance. To fear it, to despise it as they did would not gain them any progression into the future. Alvyster found it pitiful how far behind these poor people were. From the deck as they approached, he appraised the city critically. Huge fortifications surrounded it, they were obviously a people of war. Only brawn and force would get them anywhere. It needed to change.

Studying the man before him, Alvyster needed an aide as he entered the city. His hope for the man was to provide the right answer so he could accompany him. He would need a runner to do his bidding. He, of course, could not run constantly to and from the ship. His gaze was cool, challenging, and he waiting patiently for the correct answer.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:40:53 AM by Khel » Logged

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Gundioc Mallister
The Bear
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

Gundioc inhaled a breath of cold and salt, but it was the wetness of this morning at the harbor which jarred him from his usual, inebriated self. He now knew why sailors consumed so much of that piss which they called alcohol; anything to get the sting of salt from your eye. Gundioc pulled a skin of ale from his humongous person and suckled upon it as a calf would its mother, the noises mixing with the already cacophonous bustle of the harbor. He leaned heavily upon a nearby post, his legs ached, even though the tavern he and his brother had graced with their presence lay only down a wharf but a small distance. Wiping his grisled chin with the back of a loaf-of-bread-sized hand, his tired and red eyes slowly swivelled around, looking at the names printed on some of the vessels anchored nearby, before snapping around and talking through gulps of ale to his brother,

“Why can’t these buggering cretins think of any creative names for their piles of floating sticks?” Gundioc was obviously annoyed and pitched a few, more suitable names to Mathis, which caused even some of the nearby dock workers to pause at the foulness of the language he used.

“I mean, how long have we been looking for a boat? Almost an hour, and me running thin of morning ale!” He made a loud slurping noise as his tongue sought to find the remaining liquid in the skin in a display of one of the many reasons’ he had earned the moniker of Gundioc the Gross.

“All I’m asking is that someone be creative in their naming, then maybe they would be worthy of our time, and our coin.” The last few drops of ale dribbled from his mouth onto his already stained tunic as his eyes envisioned a night with a particularly curvaceous woman, not ten paces down the nearest dock. He leaned more heavily upon the pole, praying to whatever drunken gods he believed in that a great gust of wind take her dress, and added as an afterthought, “And I would not object if the captain traveled with his wife, sister, daughters, or nieces...” His voice trailed off as his head crooned lower, before finally steadying himself, looking about for a sweeter piece of eye candy, and replacing the now empty skin on his person.

“And what of Prince Timeras? Buggering bastard probably doesn’t even remember us.” Gundioc cleared his throat and spat onto hull of some vessel called the Flight of the Nue’mon, and catching the glint of spears and armor a few docks down, mumbled about how much he hated guards. He spat upon the vessel again, earning a hand upon his shoulder from Mathis and a few disappointed looks from nearby fishermen. Gundioc gave them a great grin, accompanied by a few hand gestures which would make an Aszh-oc blush, before continuing with Mathis down the harbor, towards their inn.    

(TBC: Wison's Breath Inn)      
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:43:42 AM by Gundioc Mallister » Logged

He who makes a beast of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man.
Mathis Mallister
Righteous in Wrath
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »

As uncouth of Gundioc could at times be, the look on the face of Remusians all about as he referred to their beloved crown prince as a 'buggering bastard' was extraordinarily amusing. "What of Handsome Profit?" Mathis inquired of his sibling, "Even my soul was stirred to dream of a life at sea reading those words." The younger of the two eyed the skin in his brother's hand with some envy, it may have been only morning, but the short day had offered more than it's fair share of frustrations. Mathis was hopeful when he saw the bolt of the Stormcloak Shipping Guild marking the Profit, but even they were lingering longer than Mathis cared to stay. The unrest that gripped Remusiat was becoming a sharp pain in the old scar on his side.

News of the other ship in the harbor, which now was attracting a great deal of armed attention, had spread about the city like liquid fire, and these High Icemen were proving more xenophobic with every rumor the crowd took to muttering amongst themselves. Even Mathis was stirred to adopt a more appropriate appearance, garbing himself in light furs and a long dark sleeveless robe. He even had some of his gold worked into a thick knotted neck torc, which the goldsmith explained to him was in style at the time. The man may have been a liar, but Mathis had grown fond of the ornament, despite it making him look even more barbarous than the folk of the barbarian city. He supposed the old broadsword at his side stirred up enough admiration and apprehension to balance out the folly that girded his throat.

Even so, it marked him as a rich man, and that is what the Mallisters were, at least for the moment: rich men; capable of keeping company of the crown prince. "Have you ever known anyone to forget us, Gundioc?" Mathis wondered how many of Seregon's men had their eyes out for them still in the boundless wilderness beyond the mountains that now supported the skies far to their south. Mathis pondered a moment on perspective. How the far south had once seemed so far north, how the world had once seemed so small, how the fishermen watching Gundioc's gesturing must want nothing so much as to bait their hooks with bits of his haunch like hands. Mathis placed his own on his brother's shoulder - a sign that's meaning was well understood. "And even if he did somehow manage, I sent him a little letter when we arrived." Mathis had of course signed for both of them.

He looked down the quay with interest, they were certainly witness to something revolutionary. The crowds of the fishmarket thinned steadily the closer they came to the great hulk that sat moored not so far a distance away, and the armed party seemed well prepared for any potential violence - at least the kind started with flesh or steel - but if the muttered gossip of the fisher's wives was true, the ship held mages. Small good blades and barricades would do to suppress their sort. For the first time in a great while, Mathis hoped peace prevailed for a time, at least long enough for the brothers to vacate this cold tomb of a township. Spellslinging cowards. The thought caused Mathis to gather and eject his own bit of spittle, which of course was sent in the direction he faced, towards the Flight of the Nue’mon. The fishermen looked on, saw golden torc and splendid sword, and grumbling, went about the morning's business.

take an eye for an eye, turn your heart into stone
this is all I have lived for, this is all I have known
Shansi
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »

Remusiat: that is where they are heading. The journey towards that city was long and dreadful. Fortunately, the weather is pleasant and the sea is quite calm.

"Why was I sent into this city of which I do not even know? he asked himself. "This journey was in haste that even my master was not able to to explain the meaning of this long voyage towards what seems to be a terrifying city," he said as he looked upon the city of Remusiat which did not look like anything he expected. Ohén took a deep breath and look upon the horizon while trying to remember how he ended up in this ship.

"Ohén, come here!" his master said to him. Ohén of course was terrified for he was really not listening to his master that day. He was mostly interested at the plants that grew in that area than the lessons of his teacher. Nevertheless, he stood up and quickly rushed towards his master.

With a shaking voice, he asked him, "Yes sir?"

His master was holding a letter and he presented it to Ohén. "You will go in my stead and travel to Remusiat as a delegate of Ximax," his master said to Ohén.

Ohén's eyebrows were forced to meet for he was confused on what is this "mission" that his master was sending him to. He looked at the letter which was sealed tightly and asked his master, "Why are you sending me? I am not known to Ximax nor am I known to anyone in Remusiat. I am afraid that I might not be able to accomplish this mission for I will be far away from you; what about when I need guidance?"

Ohén's master pulled him behind a big tree and whispered, "Present this letter to Ximax. Do not open it, do not look at it! You will go to the city Remusiat in my stead. Be careful for that city is ill and full scoundrels. Trust no one from that city! As for guidance, seek from yourself! You will leave tomorrow at dawn. Go now and ready your things and your self. This will be a long journey and harsh one to add. Do not fear for they will not harm you as long as you do not stray from the Ximaxian people." His master then proceeded on returning back to his class, leaving Ohén confused and frightened.

Ohén went home and brought the news to his mother who reacted quite violently. He insisted on going and he will go with or without her permission. He fixed his things and at dawn, he saw his mother baking some bread to accompany him in his journey.

"Typical of her," he thought to himself.

She gave Ohén a hug and a few kisses in the cheeks before he left with his master. They went off to the docks in quite a hurry. There he saw a ship.

"Is this ship going to Remusiat, sir?" he asked his master as he inspected the ship carefully.

"No! Don't be stupid! That ship is heading towards Sarvonia and there you will meet up with the other Ximaxian delegates. Now hurry up before the ship sails without you," his master answered while giving Ohén a staff that was made of oak.

Ohén boarded the ship and for many days and many nights that he did not dare to count, they sailed across a great sea. He saw many things there even though all of them are upon the water. He knew and befriended many people who were also heading towards Sarvonia. Many of them are Merchants carrying their goods but some were just plain old travelers who got tired of Nybelmar and wishes to travel some far lands. Ohén too desires to travel but that was not his mission now though confused he knows the importance of this mission for his master. But still, he does not understand why was he sent rather than other students who were much more skilled than he.

At last! He saw the coast of Sarvonia with many people upon its harbour. He went off the ship in a hurry as he was amazed on how different the two continents are. One thing caught his eyes, a big wooden board where his name was written. He went towards them, hoping they came from Ximax to fetch him from the harbour.

One of them came to him and said, "You are the one that was sent from Nybelmar? I am the one that came from Ximax. I am Efer and this is my brother Aldor." The man pointed to another person at the back.

"Yes I am from Nybelmar. My name is Ohén Ypheren. It is nice to meet you," Ohén said with a bow. He presented the letter that was given to him by his master a few days ago.

"No, you will give that letter to the head of Ximax. Now let us be on our way, the head of Ximax is not a very patient man!" Efer said while waving his hand towards a carriage.

Quite embarrassed on what he did, he bowed his head and boarded the carriage. Efer followed him while Aldor sat in front of them to drive the horses. On the way, Ohén was very amused and amazed on what he saw on the way that they were passing. Some were familiar to him while others are quite new to him. Efer himself was quite amused on how Ohén responded to the new things that he saw.

As they approach the academy of Ximax, Efer yelled, "Here we are now! In the great academy of Mages -- Ximax!" Ohén with a great smile painted in his face hurried down to look at the full majesty of Ximax. He was  led by Efer towards the head mage's office where he presented his letter as a proof that he was really sent there by his master that was well known in Ximax. Soon there was held a council to discuss the purpose of sending people to Remusiat and there Ohén was able to grasp the idea on why was he sent to Remusiat. Apparently, the city despises mages or magic itself to be exact. Not soon after the council, he found himself boarding a great ship heading towards the city of Remusiat.

Ohén's thoughts are interupted when a stranger's voice came upon his ears, "You, there. The importance of bringing magic to these people is..?” Ohén though long and hard to answer this question. The topic was not discussed by his master but he does not wish his master to be embarrassed by him. Finally, he thought of the best answer that his mind could summon, "I believe that we do not need to force them to learn magic but we need them to understand not to despise it! Every mages are in danger in this part of Sarvonia. Remusiat have isolated itself from the outside world who has started to learn the many benefits of magic. Yes, magic is quite dangerous but only to those who were not properly taught on how to use their gifts wisely. We do not need to make them use magic but we should help them understand not to be frightened by it!" Ohén was quite frightened on what he said as it may sound childish to the one asking him who looked very high ranking. He bowed his head hoping that his answer was good enough for Ximaxian people.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:50:41 PM by Helvíl » Logged
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:59:56 AM »

Alvyster Churin

Alvyster looked critically at the maelf as he took a moment to answer. Then, the man surprised him. "…Yes, magic is quite dangerous but only to those who were not properly taught on how to use their gifts wisely. We do not need to make them use magic but we should help them understand not to be frightened by it!" Alvyster eyed him thoughtfully. He seemed much too kind hearted. Running a long finger over the bridge of his pointed nose, Alvyster's green eyes bore into the man. However…

Perhaps his twist on things would keep the man's wits about him. This bit about not forcing it upon them, however, Alvyster had different ideas about. Never mind that just yet, though. The man's answer caught him off guard; clearly he was beyond his years, whatever they were. This was an answer that would get him into favor with many Alvyster would not be able to connect with. Nodding slowly, Alvyter's smooth voice issued a thoughtful, "Hm." Glancing about at the other students and aides, he shook his head slightly. No time to question them all, anyway. "Very well," he said simply, indicating with a slender hand that the man should stand and follow him.

Turning to exit the hold, intent upon seeing if any were waiting on them in the harbour, he would not surprised the mage one bit if the Remusians sent no one to welcome or direct their visit. In a tone of annoyance at the thought, Alvyster said, "Tell me something about yourself, and your name please." Climbing out of the hold, the lean man stood and brushed off his robes, waiting for the man behind him.

Looking past the deck of the ship and into the Harbour, yealm strands of hair whipped about Alvyster's face, stinging his withering cheeks. The sky, however, was a welcoming shade of blue, and Injera beamed down brightly upon the City of Remusiat. Flicking up his hood, the mage turned his attention to the city itself.

The huge Tower of Drapt'na'at he'd heard so much about was daunting, Alvyster silently admitted. Ximax was beautiful, as a City of Magic was sure to be, but this place had a more rugged, handsome beauty. The fortifications around it were extensive, and Alvyster's lip curled into a sneer as he thought how much less they'd need to take those measures if they only let the power of magic into their city. So primitive.. he thought again. He almost pitied the poor warriors, hardly able to keep food on the table. Drunkards and wayward wanderers, obsessed with bloodshed: that's all they were.

A flash of irritation gleamed in his eyes. Squinting at the city, the simple, quaint buildings were of no matter to him. Again his mind wandered to the man he questioned. He personally had heard nothing about him. All of the other aides accompanying the delegation he recognized from various places, but this man he did not. His views were unique, although contradictory to Alvyster’s own, they may get them into a good place within the city. Yes, he could advance them where they needed to be, and Alvyster could take his hold at that time. A cruel, thin lipped smile creased across his gaunt face as the man climbed onto the deck and he turned to him, awaiting his answer.

Your pal, Khel
Shansi
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 06:36:23 PM »

Ohén feared that he might have made a fool of himself by saying those things. He patiently waited for a response from the man questioning him but all he got was, "Hm" and a "Very well." He thought to himself that he must have made a fool of himself and his master but all these thoughts dissappeared when Ohén saw the man gesturing him to follow as he exited the room that they were in.

"Tell me something about yourself, and your name please," the man said.

Ohén was caught off guard by the request of the man and it took him quite some time to answer. "I am Ohén of Nybelmar," he said. "I was sent here by my master in his stead. I do not know why did pick me as his representative for this mission either. I have just started my training with magic that is why I wonder why was I sent."

Ohén's attention was caught by a towring figure of a structure in the nearby harbour of Remusiat. He look passed the man that was asking him earlier and saw a huge tower standing high and proud in the city. Ohén's eyes became sad and said in a sorrowful voice, "I can smell the stench of blood in the air. It is foul and unpleasant. If these people accept magic and chooses to learn it; these people will just use it for war. Is it really wise to teach them magic?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:37:55 PM by Helvíl » Logged
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 02:18:25 AM »

Alvyster Churin

Ohén. That was the man’s name. Alvyster watched the man look over the city, and when he spoke again there was sadness in his voice. A little perturbed, Alvyster wondered what in the name of the gods did this man have to be sad about, other than the sad state of this city? When he finished with ”Is it really wise to teach them magic?" Alvyster’s piercing eyes narrowed and looked hard at Ohén. Is it wise? Was this some sort of insult? Alvyster pushed back the bubbling ferocity building inside him and smoothed his white robes with a little too much fervor. He must treat this man well, for he had already shown his wisdom... but Alvyster knew that did not mean he was require to like him.

Rounding on the man, he snapped, ”There is nothing unwise about the idea, Ohén! Nothing at all. Come.” and with that, Alvyster took off down the deck of the ship, white robes flowing about him, chilly breeze whipping his yealm hair about his face. His green eyes burned, and his lips formed a gruesome frown about his face. Marching towards the gangplank, Alvyster paused before he took the first step onto it. Would the Remusians have thought to send someone to collect the delegation, or was their primitive nature such that they knew nothing of formalities?

Eyeing the Harbour, it bustled with people. What could they have but ice to trade? Alvyster chuckled to himself, as the thought seemed to lighten his mood already. Gazing about thoughtfully, Alvyster thought perhaps Ohén’s master sent him to learn the importance of magic before he dabbled in it too much. Perhaps he was hoping that in sending the man here, he would see the real treasure behind their gift, instead of thinking so lightly of his own skill. Yes, that must be it.

Looking town the plank, Alvyster saw the official looking man who must have been sent to greet him. Looking him up and down, he was younger than Alvyster, with brown hair and eyes, and obviously just one more fighter in the city of Remusiat. Looking past him, Alvyster saw no others approaching the ship, and scoffed at him scornfully. ”In this city of untoward beasts, the King has sent but one man to accompany me into its walls? Are these built to keep enemies in or out? Does he imagine this is a joke?” Alvyster’s voice was as icy as the Sea below his ship as he looked hard into the face of the young warrior before him.

Your pal, Khel
Shansi
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »

Ohén lowered his head to evade the sight of the horrible city. But when he met the eyes of the man in fron of him, they were filled with anger.

The man said, ”There is nothing unwise about the idea, Ohén! Nothing at all."

Ohén felt down and embarassed. The man infront of him turned to walk down the deck. The man said, "Come." Ohén followed with his hood covering his face. He stopped when he heard a chuckle from the man. Ohén looked at the trading people and he was happy that what was said in the council was not true.

His frown was turned into a smile. He thought to himself, 'This city is not so primitive as they think!'

Then he heard the man asking him a while ago talking again, "In this city of untoward beasts, the King has sent but one man to accompany me into its walls? Are these built to keep enemies in or out? Does he imagine this is a joke?” His voice was cold like the seas in the north.

The man that was sent to greet them was a young human. He has brown hair adorned with eyes the same color as his hair. Even with this man greeting them, he still can't feel the warm welcome of the king.

Ohén walked infront of the young captain and said to him, "I am sorry for our reaction but we thank you all same for coming." 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:16:09 PM by Helvíl » Logged
Simonne Miller
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 03:37:41 AM »

Jorgan was still going up the gangplank when the visitors made themselves known. And in what a manner, too. First he was looked up and down, probably classified in the older man's rigid views, then quite deliberately insulted. If the wizard didn't watch his mouth more carefully, Jorgan could not be held responsible for the consequences. He gritted his teeth and the hand that habitually lay on the pommel of his sword showed white at the knuckles, but he showed a poker face, with just the hint of a smile. The wizard wasn't going to get much more from him. If he chose to insult him and every person in Remusiat, he wasn't going to lick his boots. Still... Stay polite. Stay polite. It's the King's orders. Stay polite.

Keeping this mantra in his head, he listened to the younger guy apologising. It confused him for a moment... who was the one responsible here? When the older man got angry at the younger one, however, that question was solved. Jorgan fixed his eyes on the wizard in charge and bowed - politely, if a little briefly. "Welcome to Remusiat. I am Jorgan Alleda-fey-Launce. I will be escorting you, together with my men who are waiting on the dock. Please follow me." With that he turned around and marched down the plank, back straight and without looking back.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 06:35:26 AM »

Alvyster Churin

Before the Remusian answered, the maelf Ohen stepped in front of Alvyster, and his rage at this action was plain on his face, burning into his sognastheen eyes. What did this man think he was doing? And, as if it weren’t enough, he proceeded to apologize to the man before them. Narrowing his eyes, Alvyster used a slim-fingered hand to shove the man slightly out of the way as the soldier said, "Welcome to Remusiat. I am Jorgan Alleda-fey-Launce. I will be escorting you, together with my men who are waiting on the dock. Please follow me." and turned his back on them.

Incredulously, Alvyster looked about and sure enough, there seemed to be a systematic stationing of men about the harbour. As he pushed past Ohen, he said quietly, ”It would be in your best interest not to speak out of turn.” and followed Jorgan quickly onto the docks. Flowing robes swirled about him, but Alvyster did not seem to notice how odd he looked to the Remusians gathered in the harbour. Most turned to look at the man, narrowing their eyes skeptically, but the guard surrounding them warned of official business, and most set back to their work.

Rude, it was, to march away expecting others to follow. Alvyster, however, was not worried about first impressions. He was not worried too much at all what these common people thought of him. His bright green eyes and yealm locks brought so much attention to him even without the snowy robes that any concern Alvyster might have had for his appearance was obviously moot. Case in point: he stuck out like a sore thumb. Coming to stand impatiently near the soldier, Alvyster said loftily, ”And when, I pray, will I be seeing your King?” The shorter amount of time this visit took, the better.

Your pal, Khel
Shansi
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »

Ohén was pushed out of they by the older man. The younger man infront of them said his greetings, "Welcome to Remusiat. I am Jorgan Alleda-fey-Launce. I will be escorting you, together with my men who are waiting on the dock. Please follow me."

Ohén then found himself faced to face with the older mage. The older mage whispered to him, "It would be in your best interest not to speak out of turn." The older mage then followed the younger man in front of them.

Ohén raised his hood to cover his face as he can see in the corner of his eyes, the people around them staring. He bowed down slightly and thought to himself, 'This mission might fail if this mage cannot keep his temper in control! I do not wish to end this conflict with bloodshed.'
Simonne Miller
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:11:25 PM »

Jorgan heard the wizard's voice next to him, as cold as the ice that was ever present around here. He didn't look at him when he answered, instead he signaled at his men to stand in rows of two behind the three of them; himself, the old wizard and the younger man. Then he started walking in the direction of the town hall.

"I am not privy to the King's council." he answered the wizard. "My orders are to escort you to the Tower, without harm coming to you. That is what I will do. When the King will see you, that the King will decide." The change in perspective was minimal, but obvious nonetheless. It was not the wizard who would see the king, it was the king who would see the wizard.

The people in the harbour looked at the group with interest mixed with distrust. A wizard, here? Why had the king allowed them to come? Some of the people came closer and followed them for a little way. Still, the guard's uniforms prevented them from doing anything worse than muttering to each other, the enmity against magic-makers clearly visible on their faces. Jorgan couldn't blame them; he didn't like wizards in general, and he didn't like this particular wizard at all. He was too used to having his own way, too sure that the world revolved around him.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 03:50:41 AM by Simonne Miller » Logged
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 04:53:53 AM »

Alvyster Churin

Without harm coming to you. That was a promising phrase. Did this Jorgan really believe Alvyster would not protect himself or the rest of the delegates? He surely would. If these people were to act so savagely towards him, or even Ohen, he would protect him. Actually, he would be increasingly happier the more threats he received, as it would give him an excuse to display to Remusiat just how important and influential magic could be.

Looking down his long nose at the warriors surrounding him, Alvyster thought next on Jogan’s comment about the King coming on his own time. He had been invited here for a reason, if it would not be dealt with soon, he had better have suitable quarters within the Tower, surely the nicest place they had in this city. Green eyes glared at the man before him. ”If we are not to be seen immediately, where will our quarters lie? Surely you have some Inn not too run-down we could quarter in, or will we stay in the Tower itself? Unless you expect us to survive even more sleepless nights on an endlessly rocking ship.” Raising his yealm eyebrows the man inquired as if Jorgan would not have a ready answer, as if the idea had never crossed his mind.

And perhaps it had not, given that he seemed to be a sort of lackey, not directly in contact with the King. On second thought, Alvyster glanced back to assure himself Ohen was coming, the faced Jorgan again, ”Is there some messenger we can send to gain privy to this most important knowledge? Perhaps an escort as we move about the city, hm?” Yes, they would want someplace to stay. Not to mention whenever they could connect with the King, Ohen would need to know his own place in the affairs, and Alvyster wanted to make sure of it before the maelf said anything else stupid.

Glancing around the harbour once more, Alvyster delighted in the simplicity of it all. All these magicless beings wandering about, oh it would be quite.... well, magical to change them so. The air was crisp, the salt of the sea thick within it. The skies, however, were sunny as Injera beamed down. At least the day was not totally worthless. The city loomed before him, large, thick walls and tall stone buildings jutting into the sky from it. It was magnificently built, he would admit that much about the simpletons dwelling here. Their engineering was quite impressive, indeed. The problem was they spend all their time building, all their focus on war and preparing for it. Warriors, structurally sound as they were, would only get them so far. Shaking his head slighty, Alvyster almost took pity on the city. Hopefully he could knock.. literally if he had to.. some sense into this King Araman.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 03:54:50 AM by Khel » Logged

Your pal, Khel
Shansi
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 10:02:24 PM »

Ohén's hood was cast off when a strong gust of wind blew in front of him. The sky was still shining and the sea is still calm. But one thing he is not comfortable with is the eyes of the people staring at them.

'How come they despise wizards so badly in this part of the world?' he thought to himself.

He looked back and forth to look at the culture of this so called primitive people. There are merchants here and there having a nice day selling their goods. This seemed to be a peaceful town if not for the guards that are all over the city.

The man that they are following spoke, "I am not privy to the King's council. My orders are to escort you to the town's hall, without harm coming to you. That is what I will do. When the King will see you, that the King will decide."

When Ohén heard the word "harm", he became fully frightened. If people do harm to them, he would not be able to defend himself. His knowledge of magic is far too basic and far too simple. Even the great wizard in front of him who is proud of his talents cannot defend the both of them from many people at once!

He quickly turned his head to look at the wizard when he heard the wizard in front of him spoke to the guards, ”If we are not to be seen immediately, where will our quarters lie? Surely you have some Inn not too run-down we could quarter in, unless you expect us to survive even more sleepless nights on an endlessly rocking ship.”

He would really not appreciate it if this people will not treat them like guests. He really would like if they are given a good shelter for the duration of their mission.

Ohén's thoughts were disturbed when he noticed that the other wizard was glancing at him quickly, maybe to make sure that he was still following and still alive. Then he turned to the guard and said to him, "Is there some messenger we can send to gain privy to this most important knowledge? Perhaps an escort as we move about the city, hm?”
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]