Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Western Gate  (Read 16430 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 10:03:06 PM »

Sargeant Kressfell

For a moment, indecision flickered in Kressfell's uderza tinted eyes.  That was definitely Captain Altario's insignia, and how else would this elf get them if not by the captain himself?  A brief thought went through his head regarding nefarious actions on the elf's part, but it seemed so unlikely here in Remusiat.  Could he have stolen them, or worse?  It did not seem likely.  Even so, if he had, then why come here and begin giving orders concerning an orc attack?  Malowart had mentioned an orc attack that was probably coming. 

No, strange at it might seem on the surface, the elf's story did seem most plausible.  He saluted.  "Very well, sir.  I'll get word to my men to equip themselves thus.  We do not have that much in the way of incendiary arrows, I'm afraid.  Will you be staying up on the wall, or would you like my office as a base of operations?  How much information do we have on the orcs?  How much time do we have to prepare?"

Kressfell motioned to one of the nearby guards and relayed Isoto's order to him.  The guard nodded and immediately rushed off.  Kressfell returned his attention to the elf.  "And what is your name, sir?"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:40:14 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 11:55:58 AM »

Isoto watched as doubt flickerd through the mans eyes, Isoto could not blame him and it was good the Sergeant was not a man to take things as face value, this showed the signs of a good leader. Now what remained to be proven was if the man believed Isoto and would follow his command.

"Very well, sir.  I'll get word to my men to equip themselves thus.  We do not have that much in the way of incendiary arrows, I'm afraid.  Will you be staying up on the wall, or would you like my office as a base of operations?  How much information do we have on the orcs?  How much time do we have to prepare?" The Sergeant had appeared to not only believed him but also accepted his command. "And what is your name, sir?" the man asked.

Isoto smiled and palcing his right hand over his left chest bowed and said "I am Isoto of the Coor'hem and I am afraid the news I am about to tell you will not be pleasant."

Isoto cleared his throat and began to tell the Sergeant of the grave situation. "According to the most recent intel the orc have massing an attack force of around three thousand, and worse they will be here by dawn." Isoto paused and though rather to tell of the orcs preparedness or not, but the thought was dismissed as soon as it entered his mind. Of course he would, he they intended to stay alive everone had to be as well informed as possible.

"The orcs are equiped with siege towers and ample supplies, Sergeant all I can say is that we are in for one wild night." Isoto Stopped and turned towards the wall. "As for your office, you may keep it, i will stay here with the soldiers, I don't see it quiet fair for me to be comfortable when they are out here freezing. So I will stay with them. If you need me send word and I will be down shortly."

Isoto readusted himself in the cold air and silently awaited Sergeant Kressfell's responce.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~

Need help with your character?
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 10:08:42 AM »

Sargeant Kressfell

Kressfell saluted the elf and nodded.  Although he could not have seen himself following an elf before this day, he consoled himself with the thought that the man seemed like he was competant enough.  He then turned and made his way back to the office.  He called in the guards to follow him.  To the first, he nodded.  "Make sure that everything we can do to prepare for an assault is done according to what the elf has ordered.  Get each man some arrows that can be set afire, as well as extra arrows.  I want fires on the walls at regular intervals, bot to light up the outer grounds and in case we need to light those arrows.  Make sure all the men know to watch for an advancing orc horde.  I want every man available up on that wall.  No exceptions."

He then turned to the second guard.  "Find either Captain Altario or General Graviaro and get confirmation that this elf has the authority he claims.  I want to make sure we aren't dealing with an impostor."

When both guards left to do their duty, Kressfell grabbed his helm and spear and headed up the stairs to the wall, looking for the elf.  He would take his position at the elf's aide to keep an eye on him.  If the elf were telling the truth, then he would be where he should be.  If, however, the elf was a fake, he would be there to dispence justice quickly... and deadly.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 01:53:26 AM »

Drexal made his way down one street, then another; all of them looking the same.  He cursed the wind.  He cursed the cold.  He cursed that tramp at the inn.  But mostly, he cursed himself.  Where did that anger come from?  When it took over him, it was if he were locked inside his body, watching helplessly as some entity took over his actions.  He didn't want to hurt that girl.  But her words drew forth the demons within, calling them to the surface.  He shivered again, but it was not the cold.

He came across the city wall, and made his way along it, using it to break the wind that threatened to freeze him through.  Ahead lay the gate, and he wondered briefly about escaping through it and leaving this gods forsaken city.  But where to?  The wastes?  He almost chuckled.  The wastes and Remusian women; cold and flat.

Cold!  Gods!  To take a piss, you would need to step back quickly to avoid being stabbed out here!  He stumbled forward further.  That was when he noticed activity taking place.  More activity than there ought to be.  Surely, this was not for him.  Providing that if the girl were even dead, which he thought not, would the city become this armed for a whore?

No, something was amiss here.  He approached the wall slowly, careful not to get in the way of the rushing guards and soldiers.  He looked about for someone who looked in charge, but to no avail.  Everyone appeared to be younger men, junior in rank.  Perhaps he would have better luck up on the wall.  He looked to, into the rays of the waning sun, hoping to spot someone who appeared to have some rank.

Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »

Common sense told Drex not to stick around here.  There were too many guards here.  If he was a wanted man, then he had to think like one.  He needed to get out of the cold; needed to get hidden.  Needed a place where he could stay for awhile, so he could plan his next move. 

Where?  There was another inn here in Remusiat.  Some Breath of some kind, he remembered.  No, it was classier than the Boar, so he would stick out like a sore thumb.  No, it needed to be more private. 

As he traveled down the streets, he looked at the stone houses that lined the street, their hide covered roofs billowing like sails in the wind.  A home.  That was what he needed.  He needed to get himself inside a home.  But how?  Who in their right mind would allow a stranger, let alone a huge barbarian, into their homes at this time of day, as the sun was getting ready to dip below the horizon?

As much as it turned his stomach, doing so might need to be something that required force.  It was not a pleasant thought, but he was running out of options.  He would not survive the night, dressed as he was, in this cold.  He needed time, he needed supplies, and he needed shelter.

With a determined mind, he set about searching for just the right place.  If he were going to do this, he might as well get it over with.

Calder Knightson
Thorn of the Gods
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »

Altario turned back toward him and the other captain, preparing to give orders. Calder stood a little straight, shifting the weight of the bags he still held as he listened. He had yet to be told exactly what he was getting into, but he was beginning to get an idea. The possibility of conscripts, confiscated supplies, and a curfew meant trouble. The other man, who was identified as Jahzhur, didn't seem too happy about that, but who would.

As Jahzhur left to gather his men, Altario turned toward him. "Go in advance of us to the western gate. Kressfell or Malowart should be the Wyshnir-eck-E’shov on duty.  That is our name for," He paused for a moment, "Sargeant. Whoever is there, let them know we are on our way. If both are there, have one meet Jahzhur at the southern gate. There is an elf there, Isoto, who is the acting aide to Graviaro.  Inform him as well.  I'll bring the men."

"Yes sir," Calder replied. With that he turned and headed to the door. Before moving out the door he dropped one of his bags against a wall, out of the way. He kept the bag holding his clothing and armor with him, figuring he might need it later. After that he strode out into the cold, peering through the darkening sky. It wasn't until he was out that door that he realized that he didn't know where the western gate was. He stopped the nearest citizen and quickly got directions to the gate. After shifting his pack once more he was off, passing through most of the city.

When he reached the gate, steel blue eyes looked around, searching for someone. Most were up on the walls, obviously preparing. With a sigh he shifted his pack again, switching the weight from his left arm to his right before he started up the stairs, looking for someone. After nearly slipping on the icy steps he slowed down, attempting to keep his footing on the slick stairs in the dark. Once on the walkway he pulled his cloak tighter around him, turning to the nearest guard.

"I'm looking for Sargeant Kressfell or Malowart," Calder said, hoping the soldier could help him.

The way is long and full of peril, but it is not unheard of for a brave and hearty soul to survive the journey. Stranger things have been known to happen.
Quote: Raymond E. Feist
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »

Kressfell watched out into the night air, hoping to spot movement.  He could not, but he could feel something was out there.  Something watched him with cold red eyes.  He shivered, but not from the cold.  Movement beside him drew his attention from the blackness of the wastes.  A young guard stood nervously beside him.  A raising of the eyebrow was all the acknowledgement that Kressfell gave the young man.

"Uhm, yes, Wyshnir-eck-E’shov Kressfell, but there is a man asking for you."  The young man indicated the ground below them, where a foreigner stood patiently waiting.

Kressfell scowled.  "I don't have time for this.  Tell him to go away and find shelter."  Kressfell expected the young guard to obey immediately, but when he hesitated he looked down at the stranger again.  "What is it?"

The guard cleared his throat.  "He has the insignia of Orsah-Dragguer."

Another surprise.  First this elf as an aide to Graviaro, now another non-Remusian was a Orsah-Dragguer?  Was this a war for Remusiat?  Why were all these foreigners suddenly involved?  Grumbling, Kressfell left the wall and hurried down the stairs from the wall, to come to a halt before the stranger.  He forced himself to salute, but he was not very good at hiding his annoyance.  "I'm Wyshnir-eck-E’shov Kressfell.  I'm commander of the watch tonight.  And who might you be?"

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Calder Knightson
Thorn of the Gods
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 01:21:45 AM »

Calder watched as the soldier hurried off, moving swiftly up the stone stairs and across the wall. He stopped before another man, speaking to him for a moment. The man turned toward Calder, watching him before moving toward the stairs and down toward him. As he came before him, steel blue eyes watched his moments, and saluted in return, recalling his training and time in Nyermersys. How could I forget, he thought wistfully. He forced his mind away from that and on the man's words, knowing lives stood in the balance here.

"I'm Wyshnir-eck-E’shov Kressfell.  I'm commander of the watch tonight.  And who might you be?"

"Calder Knightson, assistant to Arrock Shialt-eck-Gorrin. He told me to come down here and tell yall that he is on his way with men. He also asked me to inform an elf named Isoto as well. Lastly he said that if both you and Wyshnir-eck-E’shov Malowart were here, that one be sent to the Southern Gate to meet Arrock Jahzhur," Calder said, using all the people's titles and hoping he had not mispronounced any.

With that he stood there silently, waiting for the man to speak in return, waiting to see if there were things that he needed to be doing. His gaze strayed to the wall, knowing behind that structure, war came swiftly on winged feet. For half a heartbeat he felt uneasy, standing so close to the wall without the slightest hint of armor on his body. A small shiver ran down his spine, but was cut short as he shook it off. He would have time to slip on a few pieces of protection soon enough, even if he had to make time. Until then, he faced forward, waiting for the man's words.

The way is long and full of peril, but it is not unheard of for a brave and hearty soul to survive the journey. Stranger things have been known to happen.
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 12:55:27 AM »

Kressfell shook his head.  "Mallowart went home earlier.  It is just me, Dragguer.  Am I to stay here with you, or go to the Southern gate?"

The guard who had summoned Kressfell had taken the Wyshnir's place at the wall.  His eyes peared out into the night, searching for torchlights.  His stomach churned anxiously.  Nothing yet, but it was coming, he could feel it.  It was a coldness beyond what could normally be found in the chilled Remusian night air.  In the corner of his eye, he thought he saw movement, but upon turning toward it, he could see nothing.  Just his over active imagination.

Kressfell stood uncomfortably before the young stranger.  He did not know how to react to these non Remusian soldiers.  It was not normal.  "If I might, sir, can I inquire as to where you are from?  I'm not trying to be rude, but it surprises me how many non Remusian's are willing to fight for our city."

There was a thud behind him, and Kressfell turned his head to see the body of the guard laying in the snow.  There was an orc arrow protruding from the man's neck, as a karikrimson fan began to spread from the wound. 

"Orcs!"

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Calder Knightson
Thorn of the Gods
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 04:39:27 AM »

"Mallowart went home earlier. It is just me, Dragguer. Am I to stay here with you, or go to the Southern gate?"

"Arrock Shialt-eck-Gorrin only said that one should head over to the Southern Gate if both were here," Calder said simply, wishing he had asked, but that was behind him. He stood there for a moment, before realizing that he had yet to put on any protection and he knew danger would be at the gates soon. With a quick 'sorry sir' he knelt in the snow, setting down his pack. He dug through the bits of armor and clothing with one hand while he other pulled off his cloak, unbuckled his sword belt, and pulled off his tabard.

He paid no mind to the other man was he pulled out soft leather shirt that he slipped over his head a moment later. One hand connected with his chainmail next and he wrestled it from the grasp of the others steel pieces. He pulled this over his head next, the sleeves falling just above his shoulders. With a sigh he stuck his arm back into the pack, pulling out normal leather gloves. He scooped up the rest of his stuff and stood with that last fit, fumbling as he put his tabard over his armor, and then buckled his sword belt around it. The other man's words reached his ears as he draped cloak back over, now armored shoulders.

"If I might, sir, can I inquire as to where you are from?  I'm not trying to be rude, but it surprises me how many non Remusians' are willing to fight for our city." Kressfell said.

"The northern part of Southern Sarvonia," Calder replied, unable to bring up the name of the city he grew up in. He jammed his gloves into his belt, sure that he would need them later. He would have said more, but steel blue eyes caught sight of a body as if fell into the snow. Blood spewed from an arrow in the man's neck and the snow turned crimson. He knew what was happening before the call came.

"Orcs!"

Hurriedly, Calder grabbed his pack, dropping it next to the wall and out of the way before heading toward the stairs. As a second thought he turned back and pulled his gorget from the top of the pack, fumbling to slip it under both cloak and tabard and around his neck. When it was in place he turned his attention back to where he was going. He started up the staircase, folding his cloak back to free his arms and pulling his sword. When he reached the top, he peered out over the wall.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »

Timeras

Having ventured back to the Western Gate, Timeras was in a brooding mood. His hair stuck to the back of his neck in a nervous sweat. The boy Brogan had returned to the Tower by his request. The sight of the two Mallisters standing in a fury outside the Boar’s Beard was too much for him to feel comfortable with an easy target so nearby. The two disappointed him yet again, but it wasn’t as if he hadn’t had a slight expectation of it. Such was the wild ways of those brothers. Nevertheless, he found a forlorn sigh slipping from his mouth, and a groan of discontent rumbling up from his chest as he reached the looming gate.

People were dispersing. A large empty arc was made around the gate as more people hurried away from it. Atop Junari, he lifted in the saddle a little and mumbled, “I wonder…” But more worry than wonder permeated his voice. There was nothing to question; the panic at the gate would have only one meaning: war. The discovery of the brothers had at least done him some good, it had taken away the element of surprise. Timeras, Prince of Remusiat, pointed with a strong arm away from the gate. Any who looked upon his stern face obeyed. He was young, but made his presence known and looked as commanding as the King himself when he wanted to.

He shook his head in disgust as memories from only hours ago flooded him again. A few injuries and his “sworn swords” were already keen to flee? Taking ship while they still could, the two said hasty goodbyes, leaving the Prince with the third Mallister. Looking at the young, blond man, Timeras felt utterly betrayed. Friendship? Posh. Anguish covered his face as he turned in the saddle to look at Ruil Mallister; much too young and recently knighted to do him the amount of good his brothers would have. Regardless, this was who he could call “friend” for the time being and he must accept that.

“Sir Ruil. It looks as if we’ve orcs on hand.. “ Blue eyes scanned the plaza, noted those officers and fighters now climbing to the top of the wall and scurrying about it’s base. They were not prepared for war; they were not. And he himself was not prepared to lead an army in battle. He knew nothing of tactics, he only knew his people, their hearts and desires as a city. He knew Remusians; he knew himself; he did not know Orcs, war, and death. His voice tight, he whirled Junari to face Ruil. “We must alert my father. No doubt he’s in some sort of royal meeting of no importance whatsoever.” His eyes narrowed, he looked at the Tower. Graviaro and others of great stature would be there as well: leaving the city lacking in leadership until they got their heads together.

The young Prince purposely stayed away from “I”. It was a comfort having another around when he was in dire need of guidance. He would never admit it, but assuming now Ruil Mallister was his sworn sword, he would use the title for all it was worth. He needed a friend, a backbone, something to fall back on in case his façade of strength crumbled. Of course, the younger man would never know this unless he realized it himself, but Timeras felt consoled even in keeping it secret.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Sir Ruil Mallister
Valor Conquers
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:21 AM »

Ruil could hardly believe just how quickly he and his brothers fought.  Finally reunited after eight years, and his brother treated him like dirt.  As if becoming a knight made Ruil the same scum that killed Sir Roland.  That set him off.  Sir Roland always treated Ruil like a friend, more than can be said of his brothers.  He didn't expect Gundioc to be particularly warm towards him, but Mathis he was hoping for some warmth from.  With a soft sigh that paralleled Timeras's groan, the young knight steeled his emotions.  Neither of the two men he met today were his brothers.  His real brothers must have been dead and gone.  Ruil was proud to be a knight like Sir Roland, and he would honor the man with his actions.

And he intended to do so by making up for his brothers' failures.  The young prince who rode just ahead of him motioned at the Gate for soldiers to move into position and move the civilians.  Ruil watched silently as he did all this.  Then Timeras turned to face Ruil.  The knight straightened in his saddle, refusing to let the prince see any weakness in him.  "Remusiat has had orcs on hand for a week now, my prince.  The city watch has not reported any of the sightings?  Orcs are the reason Sir Roland is dead and I am knighted." answered the blond knight.  His mind wandered off to the day he and Sir Roland were attacked.  The guards were probably scared to the point that they'd rather forget seeing the bloodied knight and squire than accept the attack was coming.  The cowardice made him frown.

When Timeras turned his mount around to head back into the city, his sworn sword echoed the movement.  Ruil had quickly donned his mail hauberk and coif and grabbed his spear before coming with the prince after they met.  While he didn't expect an attack now, it was clearly imminent, and he refused to be caught without any kind of protection.  Timeras spoke again, and Ruil listened.  Once again he used the word "we" rather than "I", which struck the boy as passing odd.  They had just met, but perhaps Timeras trusted Ruil to be the sworn sword his brothers failed to be.  Both pride and disgust swelled within his chest.

"M'lord, if the watch has yet to report the arrival of a knight wounded by an orc attack, they may not report anything until the orcs have already knocked the gates down.  Let us away with all haste.  The guard must be made prepared."  The boy hoped he sounded more confident than he was.  If Prince Timeras was worried about the state of the city and the number of soldiers it contained, then Ruil shared his fears.  He kicked Bolero's sides, urging him to pick up the pace.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:23:58 AM by Ruil Mallister » Logged

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

Steel grey eyes looked out through the darkened night, examining in detail the scene before him.  Over two hundred fully armed and armoured Remusian Cavalry marched solemnly along quiet streets, over snow covered cobblestones.  It filled him with both feelings of awe and pride, and equal measure of dread and sadness.  These men, these wonderful, brave men, would soon be meeting death.

Altario adjusted the shield he carried in his left hand, while fingers ran deftly over the pommel of his sword.   Battle would soon come to them all.  How would he fare?  Would he falter?  Would he shame his family honour?  Or would the Shialt-eck-Gorrin name once more be spoken of with pride? 

Would he live or die?   Did it matter, as long as he met death with fortitude?  Riztalyanna and Nayriss needed his memory to be a strong one, an honoured one.  Their faces flashed across his mind.  Riz was smiling, laughing, holding him.  Nayriss was laughing, being held aloft in his arms.  He could meet death gladly with these images in his heart.

He turned from the men and hurried again to his position at the head of the progression.  It was still.  Eerie even.  He stopped, as the hairs on the back of his neck began to stand on end.  He looked ahead to the wall, where the Western Gate stood majestically in the night.  There was movement there, and calls from the soldiers manning the wall.  He could not make out the words, but knew the emotion in them.  The orcs were here.  The battle had started.

The men had come to a halt behind him.  They made no sound.  There was no sound, except for a whistling in the night air.  A whistling that grew ominously louder.  Altario’s eyes opened wider.  “Shields up!”

Altario barely had time to lift his shield, when he felt the first impact of an arrow strike the sharkskin shield.  He knelt to the ground, making himself as small a target as possible.  Three more thuds as more arrows hit from the volley of death that filled the night sky.  His ears rang with the screams of the wounded and the dying. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:02:42 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »

Kressfell stood from where he had been kneeling, checking the body of the man who had fallen from the wall.  Of course, the soldier was dead.  A grim scowl covered Kressfell's face.  This was only the beginning.  Many would fall.  He turned his attention back to the Dragguer.  He was only quick enough to see the man running the length of the stairs to the top of the wall.  Kressfell cursed.  Unsheathing his sword with his right hand and holding his shield, he followed up the stairs.

He heard the words, "shields up!" being yelled out, and he raised his shield, but this close behind the wall, he knew he was safe from anything save for direct fire, which there wouldn't be, unless the wall was breached.  Still, the whistling in the air bespoke of death, and sure enough, screams emanated out into the night.

He made his way to the top of the wall and stared out across the wastes, and this time he could see movement.  Shadows scurried against the inky blackness of the night, only silhouetted against the dark by the white of the snow.  "Dragguer, what are your orders?" he yelled out over the shouting voices.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

Moving fast, Altario climbed to his feet and headed for the gate, yelling for his men to follow.  Not all would, or rather, could, as many had been caught by surprise by the arrow assault.  Some lay dead, others were wounded, and being tended to by others who were dragging them to cover.  The screams of the wounded and dying burned themselves into his mind, though it would be days before he would comprehend them at all.  His focus now was the wall, and getting his men there and defending the city.

He mounted the stairs two at a time, reaching the top in only a few bounds.  It took only a moment to spot Calder and Kressfell.  He hurried to them, using arms signals to his men to spread out along the crenelations.  Another wave of arrows was launched, and Altario took cover behind a merlon, using his shield to complete the protection.  Looking out into the night, he could see movement, at first only single entities scurrying across the fresh snow, then more organised groups with a much more focused and sinister goal.

"Ladders!" Altario yelled out, as the first wooden rungs hit the wall a few feet away from him.  He stepped forward with the intent of pushing the ladder back off the wall but was stalled by the first orc, who was already near the top of the ladder.  Altario systematically blocked a sword swing with his shield, while thrusting his own weapon forward.  The blade found flesh and there was a snarl and a cry as the orc toppled backward off the ladder.  Altario then placed hands on wood and pushed, sending ladder backward from the wall.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]