Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Army Headquarters  (Read 11466 times)
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 02:36:17 AM »

Xannech almost seemed to withdraw as Isoto grabbed him. The man was obviously terrified but by what? Only Coor knew. Isoto had no intention of hurting him, I mean wasn't it just last night that Isoto was fighting to keep this man alive.

Well, not just him. Isoto was mainly fighting for himself but he certainly had no intentions of letting any non-combatants die. But the man did not quite seem to that, Isoto rolled his eyes and began to work up some sort of apology or something of that nature. He knew he had to keep on this man's good side in order to make appearances in front of the general

Taking a deep, he reluctantly said, "Sorry Xannech, I didn't mean to offend you...I just prefer to not be touched. Its been a long night and all I want to do is deliver my report. Please understand that I am cut from a different cloth than most solders. Where I come from the whole comes before the individual. I appreciate your concern but I have more pressing matters." Isoto forced a smile

Xannech announce Isoto's presence. He nodded to Xannech and entered. Isoto's moves were stiff and militaristic. He promptly entered and saluted the General. "Sir, news from the Western Wall, sir!"

Isoto looked straight ahead eyes focused, he held his salute and awaited the Generals response.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~

Need help with your character?
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »

Graviaro was peering through all of the reports on his desk trying to make sense of it all. It seemed the orcs were not behaving as usual, but were actually working in unison, like a real army. How could that be?  He sat back in his chair, idly tapping one finger on one report as he tried to dissect and put into perspective all that had happened.

Normally orcs do not fight as a unit, from what he knew and had seen in his years of fighting these beasts, is that they would turn on each other in a blink if provoked, but this...this was totally different. This attack, the scaling of walls, and then the attack on the Southern gate and all timed; the use of archers, and his scouts report they are building Trebuchets! Where did they learn how to do that?

The reports of so many wounded and dead of his men were disturbing. The scaling of the Western wall was but a diversion as somehow they tried to break through the Southern Gate; how many had died and were wounded defending that gate? Thankfully the orcs were pushed back and...

Suddenly there was a sharp wrap of knuckles on his door interrupting his thoughts.

"Enter," he said as he leaned back forward, a bit annoyed at the interruption.

Xannech, one of his aide-de-camp opened the door and announced Isoto.

The General peered up at the man as he saluted and announced,  "Sir, news from the Western Wall, sir!"

It was Isoto. He looked ragged and seemed to have been wounded, but he put on a brave front. Graviaro decided to give the man his dignity by not asking how bad he had been wounded. The man was a strange one, but he seemed to be able to hold his own, from what Graviaro could see.

"At ease soldier. What do you have to report?"

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:59:41 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

"Sir, we have taken many casualties but the Western Gate still stands and the orcs have withdrawn, Sir." Isoto answered.

Graviario leaned back in his chair digesting the news. How many are dead? How mahy wounded? What damage was done to the gate? At least the orcs have withdrawn, but for how long?

Isoto let out a small groan.

"Isoto are you wounded?" Graviario asked.

"It is a mere scratch, General," Isoto answered.

"Mere scratch my ass! Soilder's do not groan over a mere scratch. I want you to report to the hospital and get whatever it is that you are hiding looked at and taken care of and then I want you to get back to the Western Gate and find out if the gate will hold against another attack and if it needs repair and take care of it. That is an order. Understood?" Graviario asked.

Isoto came to an attention. "Sir, yes Sir," he shouted, turned on his heel, opened the door and walked out, he was about to shut the door behind him when he heard the general shout, "Xannech, where is Altario and why is he not here?"

Xannech rushed past Isoto into the generals office and Isoto closed the door and headed for the hospital.

Xannech stood at attention. "Sir, I do not know where Altario is," he answered a bit shakily.

"Damn that man," Gravario growled. "Go and find him and tell him to get his ass in here now!"

"Sir, yes Sir," Xannech answered, spun on his heel, opened the door and rushed out.

Where am I to find Sir Altario? Xannech thought as he left headquarters. The only place Xannech could think of was one of the inns.

OOC (next post for Isoto will be in hospital thread)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:48:31 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 02:07:23 AM »

Listening to the man, Jami estimated he only understood half of what was being said.  Nybelmar?  What was that?  or where?  And fighting for money?  It was simply beyond his ability to understand.  However, at the last words "Ha, and I've never been fond of Orcs", Jami finally found something he could understand.

"We all hate orcs here as well.  They have been attacking us for hundreds of years.  Horrible beasts they are.  Mostly they are cowards and attack small groups out of the wastes, but every now and again, they get enough of them together to gain enough bravery to attack a city.  It usually doesn't last too terribly long.  Our walls are strong, and if the orcs can't break through easily, they get frustrated and go home again."  Jami then frowned. 

From what he had heard from men on the walls, this time the orcs were more organized than usual.  It wasn't enough to make him worry, his confidence in Remusia was more than enough to completely discount the threat.  Rather, he just wondered at how the orcs had managed it.  Having lived his younger life in a southern nomadic clan, he had seen parties of orcs on many occasions.  To him, they were not much better than beasts, with no ability to think or reason.  The fact that they had organized into a legitimate army was a bit disconcerting to him.

Jami lifted a gloved hand and pointed to a building up ahead.  "This is the army headquarters.  Inside we can find Orsah-Shialt Graviaro."  Jami lifted the hide flap that served as the outside door, then stepped into the small anteroom between that hide door and the next hide flap door.  Having two doors separated by a small room helped conserve the heat in a building during long cold Remusian winters.  Once the two were in the anteroom, Jami led them into the headquarters itself.

He led the foreigner up to the desk of the generals aide.  He saluted the young soldier.  "Orsah Dragguer Xannech, I have a soldier here who wishes to see Orsah-Shialt Graviaro."

Xannech gave a quizzical stare at the foreigner, then shrugged and went to the opening to Graviaro's office.  "Sir, people here to see you."   He then waved the foreigner forward.

Jami reached out and grasped the strangers arm for a quick moment.  "I'll be waiting here when you are done."

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Malach Oronne
Mercenary of the Red Reed
Approved Character

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »

Malach remained quiet the rest of the way, listening to the man he was following and thinking more about the orcs.  He'd never fought orcs before, and he was curious how they fared in combat.  Were they as strong as his childhood stories made them out to be?  Or just rabble, as he often heard in taverns?  He wasn't worried, however, because the little he knew about strategy and tactics indicated that the defender, behind and on top of walls, had the advantage.

They continued in silence, Malach's thoughts on the blasted, freezing weather and Livanii, who had just flown upward and landed on a roof of a building.  He chuckled as  the officer opened the flap and walked in.  He looked up at Livanii and shook his head, wondering just how she knew that was where they were going.  Or did she just want to explore a bit?  It don't matter, I guess.  He was unsure of whether he should bring her into the the office, so he did not call her back down.

After the short exchange with the guard at the door, Malach stepped forward.  He felt his arm being grabbed and he heard the officer say "I'll be waiting here when you are done."  Malach nodded, and walked forward as instructed and went into the office.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:55:12 PM by Malach Oronne » Logged

What's the point of living without a cause worth dying for?
Malach's CD

To new characters making CD's:
~General CD creation tips~
Unsure of a few points?  Try these helpful FAQ's!
Please pay heed to these Restrictions!
~CD Etiquette Info~
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 03:22:46 AM »

Gravario stormed into his headquarters, slamming the heavy wooden door behind him. His eyes burned with anger as he brushed past a couple of men, one he barely knew, the other a complete stranger, did not acknowledge them and went to his office where he went in, slammed the door behind him, went to his desk and pounded his fists into the wood until he noticed flecks of blood on the papers that were on it.

That brother of Altario's! How dare he plan and go on a mission without even consulting me or his own brother! Ryk! He is impulsive, immature, and is going to get himself killed as well as those foolish enough to follow him. Damn, that man! Gravario thought as he looked at his bloody knuckles. He needed to calm down, have a cup of tea and figure out how to win this war with the orcs.

He turned and almost jumped out of his skin when he saw a young man standing in the shadows. "Who in Kor'ach's name are you? Who let you into my private office? And what do you want?" Gravario asked, his hand on the hilt of his sword ready to draw it at any sign of hostilities from this stranger.
Malach Oronne
Approved Character

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 01:25:13 AM »

As Malach walked into the office, he thought about what the man may be like, and what he will discuss.  Obviously prices.  However, buyers usually send mercenaries to the places least likely to survive.  Will this man be the same way?  It doesn't matter to Malach, or anyone else aboard the ship.  They gave up living years back.

"Who in Kor'och's name are you? Who let you into my private office? And what do you want?"

Malach saw the man's hand resting on his weapon, knowing his danger was great.  Damn, not again.  

Aye, settle down!  I was let into your office by the guards outside!  I came from the mercenary ship that landed today.  I guess nobody told ye that.  My name is Malach Oronne, and I'm here to lend ya my Scythar in battle!

Malach was far less cordial than he thought he should be, but this being thrown about between various people began to irk him slightly, and now it looks like someone is going to kill him yet again, and that man appears highly distressed.  He waited for the man to at least release his hold so firmly on that weapon...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:53:00 AM by Malach Oronne » Logged

Malach's CD

~CD Etiquette Info~
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 02:10:22 AM »

"Aye, settle down!  I was let into your office by the guards outside!  I came from the mercenary ship that landed today.  I guess nobody told ye that.  My name is Malach Oronne, and I'm here to lend ya my Scythar in battle!"

Gravario relaxed and upbraided himself silently for his jumpiness. He was the General, by Kor'ach, and should show confidence, power and authority; not jumping at every bump in the dark. He waved to an empty chair, "Malach, you say, Have a seat and we will talk. Care for a cup of tea?" Gravario asked as he made himself a cup. "Excuse me a moment, I will be with you in a blink," Gravario said to Malach as he opened his door, poked his head out of the door and noticed Xannech and a young soldier, Jami, he believed his name was in the outer room.

"Xannech, after I have my conversation with this man I would like to speak to you about letting people into my office without me being there...hmm."

Gravario did not give Xannech time to reply as he closed his door, turned back to his cup of tea, and asked, "Now where were we? Ah, yes. You offered your services and I offered you a cup of tea. Would you care for one, or should we just get down to buisness?" Gravario asked.
Malach Oronne
Approved Character

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

"Malach, you say, Have a seat and we will talk. Care for a cup of tea?" 

Malach did as instructed, slightly unnerved by the sudden change in the man before him, and was going to take that cup of tea, before Gravario walked to the door and had a short conversation with the guard outside. 

"Now where were we? Ah, yes. You offered your services and I offered you a cup of tea. Would you care for one, or should we just get down to business?" 

Malach almost accepted the beverage, but changed his thoughts on the matter.  He wasn't untrusting of these people, just unsure. 

"Well, even though that tea sounds pretty good about now, I'll have to say no to that.  I probably should get straight down to business."  Malach looked at the man in front of him, unable to read anything in his expression.  So, Malach grinned and continued.  "I don't right know you Northerners' opinion on Mercenaries, but I'd say we're a good bunch if there ever was one.  Now, I wouldn't say we're costly, but we ain't that cheap where we come from, either."  Malach looked the general in the eyes, making sure he kept eye contact.

"The prices are a copperbard per head for fighting men, plus another one for the all of the men on this list."  Malach offered the paper to the general.  "Sadly, I'm not on that list, only officers and such are there."  Malach nervously racked his mind thinking of what else he was to discuss.  He began to sweat, despite being nearly freezing cold in the office. 

Malach became more nervous when he remembered.  "Ah, there's something else to discuss as well!  There are men aboard the ship, myself included, who are pretty good carpenters.  We can also offer our services to you in that area, if need be.  I've built everything from furniture to spear poles, and houses to ships!  However, each task will need to be paid as well, I'm sure you understand me, eh?"

Malach was sure his negotiations had failed, but he looked hopefully at the general.  "What do you say, General?  I heard the orcs 're getting rougher by the day, and ye all could use some extra hands, swords, and soldiers!"  He looked expectantly at General Gravario, fingers locked together at his belly, and wished he'd accepted that cup of tea now. 

Malach's CD

~CD Etiquette Info~
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 04:49:59 AM »

General Gravario

Gravario half listened to the man who sat before him, his fingers interlocked upon his belly as he waited for his tea to cool before he could drink it.  Malach slid a piece of parchment over the desk toward him. Gravario glanced at the names written on it, but did not pick it up as he continued to listen.

Gravario was more interested in the measure of the man before him than the prices he was quoting. Had this man or those with him ever fought orcs? Do they really know what they are against? They came by ship, which means that they are probably pirates, but do pirates know carpentry? Maybe, maybe not, Gravario argued with himself.

"Tell me Malach why did they send you to negotiate the price instead of one of the officers? It would seem to me that either your officers hold you in great esteem or they hold you in contempt and are hoping I will turn your offer down so that they can leave, knowing that they offered services but was turned down, so therefore they can hold their heads up high. What do you say?"

Gravario took his cup of tea, blew on it gently, and then took a sip. The tea slowly warmed his throat and his stomache. He kept his eyes upon Malach and waited for him to answer. Gravario already knew what his answer was going to be, but he wanted to test this man, if this man had the mettle to answer as a man, or fidget in his chair, therefore giving Gravario the place where he would put these mercenaries, whom he thought had no idea what they were getting into, in the line of battle.
Malach Oronne
Approved Character

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 01:18:40 AM »

Malach listened to the general's response.  He nearly laughed when the man before him questioned his crew's purpose and intent.  Malach knew every one of his officers, and while none are honorable or even care about these northerners, they will be loyal if contracted.  Malach knew this man must be insulting him and his crew, but he won't accept such a remark to remain unchallenged.

Malach answered the general, "Well, General Gravario," Malach said with contempt.  "I'm the strongest warrior in our crew, and am a veteran of more battles than most of your own soldiers.  I know my officers' intentions, too.  We fight for money, take it or leave it.  It ain't the most honorable trade, but it don't do harm to nobody but your enemies here, does it?" 

Malach already began to get angry, fists clenched tightly.  His face, too, began to redden and his weathered face strained to hide his emotions.  He stared the man in the face, but no longer looked directly into his eyes.  He couldn't tell exactly where he was looking either way.  He almost stood up but resisted the urge. 

"I take it you also intend to kill us all without payment, right?  Put us all in in the rear to protect your own men?  Well do with us what you wish.  We are men who fight, and we have our pride and dignity.  Take whatever else you want from us."

Malach knew he may have gone too far, but Malach also knew that his suspicions are probably correct.  Malach awaited the reprimand.

Malach's CD

~CD Etiquette Info~
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 01:38:24 AM »

Gravario grinned. "You have fire in your belly, I give you that boy. Mercenaries are for the most part in my opinion a bad lot," he held up his hand before Malach could protest, "however I have come across some in my time that were honorable and fought well...even to the death. And whatever gave you the idea that I would send you to your deaths without paying you? Did I even mention that? or hint at that? I do not believe so. So you don't get your breeches all up in a bunch I plan on paying your soldiers and yourself before you go to battle. The price you ask is fair, and I am giving you double, just for the fire in your belly."

Gravario chuckled as he sipped his tea to let Malach digest all of that. Gravario continued, "Have you or any of your men ever fought orcs? He asked. "They are the most blood thirsty green, yellow eyed devils you have ever laid your eyes upon. They do not stop until you are dead or they are, so do not underestimate them. I want you to go back to your men and make them understand that before they put their mark next to their name to be paid and put into battle. Mark my words Malach Oronne these orcs are no ordinary orcs, they have somehow been organized into one huge army, they use trebuchets, which in all my years I have never ever known an orc to use one, much less know how to build one. They will swarm over you like flies on a cowpie, and they will not, I repeat, will not stop until we are all dead or they are. You tell your men that! And if they are still willing, then come back and see me with your men and we shall put you to the test."

Gravario slid the paper back to Malach, stood up, walked to his door and opened it. He looked back at Malach. "Go no Malach Oronne and tell your men what I told you. If you decide this is what you want, then come back and see me, if not, then there is no dishonor. In fact, considering the odds, I would say you and your men were smart not get involved. However...."

Suddenly a young soldier burst through the outer door. His face was streaked with smoke and blood and his uniform had burn spots throughout. "Sir, the orcs..." the soldier gasped, his breathing hard and labored.

"Yes, what about the orcs?" Xannech ordered.

"They are breaking through the Southern Gate," the soldier answered.

Gravario gasped.

Xannech stared at him with a quizzical look.

"The Prince is over there and If that gate falls then those green skinned devils will pour into the city like syrup. Quickly send reinforcements over there now Xannech. I just hope we are not too late!"

Gravario turned to Malach. "Go and if you decide to join us head for the Southern gate. We are going to need all the help we can get if those damn devils get into the city."

Gravario went back into his office and donned his armor, took a quick look around his office at his personal things and wondered if he would ever see them again, before he closed the door, locked it and headed out the door. The rest of the men, including Malach, had already left. Gravario thought, It would be good to have Altario there, but he needs to command the troops guarding the Western Gate and the rest of the walls.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]