Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wison's Breath Inn  (Read 89997 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »

Dahlen took another long pull on his ale.  The man was right; sitting down here tallking about this was foolish, and worse, dangerous.  "You're right, Kaldez.  Far too many ears down here.  I still have my room upstairs.  Let's go up there."  He forced down the last of his ale, wiping the spilled liquid from his unshaven face.  Once done, he stood and strode over to the bar, where he waved to catch the bartender's attention.  "Ulther!  I'm going upstairs to my room.  Send more drinks up with the food when it's ready."

The bartender nodded, but never spoke, so Dahlen turned back to Kaldez to make sure the man was following.  "Okay, let's go."

Dahlen hurried up the stairs, wanting to get to the safety of behind closed doors.  He had never before thought that being a hero could be so hard... or so dangerous.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #421 on: October 25, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »

Nella

Nella walked through the Inn, carrying drinks for a couple of men sitting at a table. "There ya are. Just call if you need anything." She said, placing their drinks on the table. One of them winked at her, and she scowled at him. He certainly isn't very good-looking, she thought, wrinkling her nose in distate.

Nella noticed a young woman with fair hair and elvish and human features enter the tavern and sit down at a table far from the fire. She started towards her, ready to serve her. "What can I get for ya?" She said, smiling warmly. "And wouldn't you like to move toward the fire? It's awfully chilled."

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Ohénmár Celeste
Fair-Haired Wanderer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ylfferhim/ Eyelian

« Reply #422 on: October 25, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »

As she was relaxing, Ohenmar noticed a waitress making her way toward her. On the way, one of the men winked at the girl, but she just scowled at him. Good for her, Ohenmar thought. When the waitress got to the table, Ohenmar looked up. "What can I get for ya?" the waitress asked. Ohenmar responded, "I would like some klymmer and some milk if that's all right." She smiled up at waitress, but didn't answer her other question. Ohenmar wasn't trying to be rude, but she didn't want to be seen as the pathetic girl who was afraid of fire. I could deal with it if I had to, she thought.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:31:29 AM by Sylvia Palinor » Logged

~Understanding the world is understanding yourself~
                      •º•Ohénmár Celeste•º•
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

« Reply #423 on: October 28, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »

Nella

Nella simply nodded and turned to walk into the kitchen, and told the cook what the young woman had ordered. When the cook finished preparing it, she put it on a tray and took it to her. "Here you are. Some klymmer and a nice mug of sweet milk for you." She then walked over to greet some newcomers walking into the inn.

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2009, 05:21:34 AM »

Kaldez followed Dahlen into the private room where they had first met, quickly shutting the door. He put his ear to the closed door listening for followers in the hallway. After a few moments he turned to Dahlen.

"OK Dahlen, lets get down to business, i want to know why you want me to do this, I am slightly hesitant about this, he is a king after all, and you are at war. So why? Where? When? and how much am i being payed? those will do to start i think."

Kaldez stared hard at the man standing across from him, He looks nervous, but who wouldn't be. Kaldez took a deep breath and slumped into the closest chair with a sigh. this could take a while.

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

Dahlen

Dahlen listened to Kaldez as he asked a whirlwind of questions. He seemed very nervous about what Dahlen had asked of him. Dahlen took a few calming breaths and began to speak. Then, he said in an intense, determined voice, "I've already told you. A king is just and kind. A king protects the rights and ways of his people! Araman endangers the very fabric of our Remusian culture. It is now up to the people themselves to protect their rights. I utterly and completely refuse to give up my way of life, my entire culture because of our Bastard king! That is why, Kaldez that you must end him, end his wretched life before it's too late."

Dahlen was red-faced and winded after just pouring out the righteously angry contents of his heart, as Uther would poor him a mug of ale. He was breathing hard, so he took a few minutes to calm down and catch his breath. "As for pay, if you'll do it, I am willing to pay a large sum. The question is, how low can you go?" Dahlen smirked at his own comment.

"But I need to know, before we go further, are you with me Kaldez Yadra of the Kasumari?" He said.

Sylvia Palinor
Ohénmár Celeste
Fair-Haired Wanderer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ylfferhim/ Eyelian

« Reply #426 on: November 15, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »

As she finished her meal, Ohenmar gave a sigh. She hardly knew what she was doing here anymore. Of course all the men thought of was battle, and the women and children stayed inside. There was no place here for a girl like her. I just wish... I could help in some way. She thought. Ohenmar missed the warmer weather of the south. She missed the forests and birds singing. How naive she had been, to think she could help! Her father wasn't here either. She had not seen nor heard any sign of him.

~Understanding the world is understanding yourself~
                      •º•Ohénmár Celeste•º•
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2009, 04:34:15 AM »

As Kaldez began to calm himself down Dahlen launched into his own flustered tirade, giving his reasons for why they were here right now.I couold really use the money, and what is the death of a king to me...sigh

Kaldez continued to listen as Dahlen spoke "As for pay, if you'll do it, I am willing to pay a large sum. The question is, how low can you go?" A large sum, how large does he mean, he's asking me what i want, i could make enough off this man to last me for quite some time in minor luxury no less.

"But I need to know, before we go further, are you with me Kaldez Yadra of the Kasumari?" Kaldez inhaled deeply as Dahlen spoke. He stared at the man for what seemed like an hour after he asked the question. "OK, Dahlen I'm with you, I will do this thing for you, now lets discuss my price, and after that we can get down to business."

Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

« Reply #428 on: December 04, 2009, 11:51:46 AM »

Dahlen

Dahlen smiled contentedly at Kaldez. It relieved him to know that he had the assassin's support. "Thank you Kaldez. We need your support if we are ever to return to the way of life that we once had."

"As for pay..." Dahlen took a few moments to ponder how much he should offer him. Money wasn't an object after all. He could draw upon the support of the majority of the local people. He was sure that they'd be willing to pay for their freedom.

Dahlen pulled out a piece of parchment, a quill, and some ink. He prepared to write some figures on a paper, but was interrupted by the waitress, what was her name, Nella. She carried a platter of drinks and some food for them to eat.

"Here we go," she said "a round of drinks and some food to satisfy your bellies." Dahlen nodded to her and watched her until she departed. He then proceeded to hasten to the door. He pressed his ear against it, listening for the receding steps of the waitress. At first there were none, the damned eavesdropper, and then she must've grown bored with hearing nothing, and left.

Satisfied that there was no one listening, he returned to his seat, and wrote figures down on the parchment. When he was finished, he took a large gulp of ale. He relished in the feeling of it settling in his gullet, and the pleasant buzz of feeling that it gave him. He handed the parchment to Kaldez, and allowed himself a smug smile. "I think you'll find this amount...motivating." He said.

Sylvia Palinor
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2010, 12:36:03 AM »

Kaldez sat quietly as the waitress brought them food and drinks, he was already trying to figure out how he could accomplish his newest assignment, and he was not getting much, sneaking into a castle to kill a heavily guarded king would be much more difficult then stalking a prosperous merchant or roof hopping to get into a mayors home.

"I think you'll find this amount...motivating." Dahlen's voice jogged Kaldez out of his trance, he looked up to see Dahlen smiling a bit smugly. Grabbing a mug Kaldez took a look at the parchment, eyes widening slightly Kaldez took a long pull from his mug. Spluttering and spitting the ale back into the mug, Kaldez looked up at Dahlen with a cough. "The payment is sufficient, however could i get a glass of wine or punch, ale is a little rough for my tastes." Kaldez's voice was a bit hoarse whether from the ale or the large sum of money he had just been promised he was not entirely sure himself.

Clearing his throat Kaldez stood up quickly and checked the door again, he glance back at Dahlen then stuck his head back out to double check. Assured that no one was listening he spoke with his back against the door. "Well, now that that is settled, I'm going to need a city map, and map of the castle and a time schedule of where the King is at any part of the day. Also i may need other things once i have a plan set up, is that OK?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]