Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tower of Drapt’na’at (the Kings residence)  (Read 35572 times)
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2009, 12:11:29 PM »

Sylvia felt her anger burn slightly. This man had a knack for lighting her temper. Forcing herself to calm down enough to speak evenly, she said, "Captain, it is very important that my wolf be with me whilst guarding the king." She sighed. She knew the only way to get anywhere with this man would be honesty. "You see, I have a...condition that causes me unbareable pain in times during my moon cycles. He is highly trained, and could defend your king almost as well as I could. That is why I would need him with me." She said firmly.

She knew her chances were slim, but she had to try. She needed Ilarol Vir with her. Plus, she refused to let him out of her sight after he was injured back in the Quaelon Forest. She faced Jorgan, defiantly awaiting his response.

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:16 AM »

Jorgan listened to the woman plead her case to him, wanting the wolf.  She had fire within her.  He wasn't sure he liked that.  Women weren't supposed to be defiant.  On the other hand, the king needed assertive people protecting him.  Still...

"If you want the job, Palinor, then the wolf stays outside.  I'm not sure what it is in my voice that makes you think anything I might say is negotiable, but I can assure you it is not."  He stared at her.  Was he wrong about her?  Was Allemeddo?

A worrisome thought entered his head.  Was she not going to be up to the job?  If she had debilitating moon cycles, then was she going to be at the top of her game?  If every month she was going to be less than infallible, then that put the king at risk.  They couldn't have that.  Jorgan made a note to himself.  He would watch her close for the next few weeks, and if she showed any signs of not offering the utmost protection to the king, then he'd dismiss her.

That was why Kor'och made men the warriors.  They were naturally stronger.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Fox
Drifter
CD Mod

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2010, 03:02:40 AM »

Josephine took a deep breath, and looked around before immediatedly answering. A shiver ran up her body, and though she tried to stiffle it, it was clear that what little warmth she had had before coming out here was already gone. She turned back to him, and reached a gloved hand up to her hair to brush a few strands behind her ear--which was rapidly getting colder by the minute.

"Y-yeah." She stuttered from a sudden shiver, then paused and cleared her throat, before trying again, "Yeah. I just want to make sure that the city's safe, that's all." She grit her teeth, and looked to the side a moment, as she considered whether to be honest with him. She looked back. "To be honest, I'm just kind of worried. To... to be in the middle of a city that's being sieged. I just... I can't be cooped up inside there with no windows and no idea if the rest of the city is getting overrun or something."

She bit her bottom lip, and looked down towards the snow as she folder her arms over her chest, hugging her fur cloak around her shoulders. "I-I know I'm just probably being paranoid," she smiled and let out a meek laugh, "but I just want to make sure."

She looked up again. "Sorry, sir. I didn't want to distract you from your duties or anything. I was hoping I could just sneak out and check on my own to check but..." She trailed off, her gaze falling to the ground again and hoped the man would understand. Remusia, from what she had read, was very similar to the world she came from. She might have studied in Ximax, but she was born in Thalambath. She grew up under the knowledge that she was inferior because she was a woman, and while people tried to convince her otherwise in Ximax, she had never been able to overcome that. Perhaps others were equal, but not her. It was even worse here, because at least in Thalambath she was solely a woman, but here, she was both a woman and a mage. She cursed herself under her breath as she was reminded of the weight of her spellbook against her leg. She knew she shouldn't have brought it with her, this man might not notice but others might, and then that little cover she had now would be gone.

She turned her gaze back up to him once more. "I-if we can look and everything's okay I'll go back to my quarters and cause you no further trouble, sir."

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:04:32 AM by Josephine Caranos » Logged
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2010, 03:14:29 AM »

It was decided.  Ledo nodded his head.  "Okay, let's go.  I'll take you to the southern district.  It will be the safest because the gate is smaller there."  All attacks on Remusiat invariably focused on the Western Gate, as it was far larger.  If an enemy could bring that down, it exposed the entire city to danger.

Listening to this girl talk, Ledo was finding himself sharing her worry.  An hour ago, it would not have crossed his mind.  Orcs were outside the walls, and the army would take care of the problem.  What was the danger?  The walls would hold, the gods would protect them, life would continue as normal.  An hour ago, it was inconceivable that anything other than the full annihilation of the orcs would occur.

Now, there was a flicker of a doubt in his mind, and now he knew he would not be able to sleep until he saw for himself that Remusiat was safe.  "Josephine, I want you to stay close to me.  It might not be safe with all the people and soldiers out there."

That, and he needed to keep a close eye on her.  If Jorgan were to find out about this, there'd be a price to pay.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »

Sylvia couldn't help the look of contempt that came upon her face. She would conform to their customs, practice their social niceties, and she would even show a little trust in them if that was what it took. But there was no way on this Disk that she would abandon her wolf outside in the cold. He was her partner, her solace. She spoke to him about things that she could never tell anyone, even her own mother. She needed him by her side not only because of her curse, but for a reservoir of inner strength, and she would not let this arrogant soldier steal that from her.

Summoning the last strands of her broken wall of patience, she tried one last time. Maybe the he wanted to see her beg. Well, for Ilarol, she would "Captain, I understand that it is against your customs and beliefs to let an animal inside the palace. But is against my belief and moral character to leave him outside. He is not just a pet for company. He is one of the only friends close to me. If you allow this exception, I will care for him my self and he will be no trouble at all. I will keep him in my room, and take him out to exercise him myself. If he defiles the castle in any way, I will personally clean it to the best of my abilities. He is well-trained and would do anything I ask. I cannot in good conscience just leave him here. Asking me to do this would be like asking you to leave your sword at home when going to battle." She said, through gritted teeth. She had to try. If this man could not accept her wolf, than she had no business with him. He could let his king perish.

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Fox
Drifter
CD Mod

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »

Josephine smiled, and shook her head at him. Her body shivered a moment, and a shaky puff of smoke left her lips. "Thank you. All I w-want is to just make sure things are okay. Wherever you think is best, sir. Thank you."

Though she had wanted to go out alone, in truth, she was glad to have someone to guide her. She didn't know this city, and a single woman like her, and a mage at that, in this city of barbarians--though she felt she could handle herself, she preferred having someone else with her.

She looked around, then crossed her arms over her chest. "Where to from here, t-then?" Despite how much she tried to fight it, a few shakes formed in her words from the cold. She really hoped everything was okay, so she could get back inside the much warmer palace. Have some of those, whatever he called them, those things that looked like fried wings of some kind, and tuck herself into the covers of her bed. Get on with everything just fine the next day. That's what she wanted. A little bit of piece and quiet. Then she could go explore the city during the day. Look at the sights, maybe buy some things for herself. She smiled. Yes, that would be nice.

Her eyes flashed to him again, and she shook her head and brought herself back reality. The cold, dark reality where the clangs of metal and shouts could be heard in the distance. Her smile faded, and she bit her lower lip. She stayed close to him as he guided her, and her nervous eyes constantly flashed around her for any sign of danger.
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »

Jorgan listened to the elf, pursing his lips as he did so.  The elf was determined, he had to giver that, but what she asked was preposterous.  "Well, I would not compare a pet to a sword.  And I doubt that your king would have me and my wolf in his palace.  But," he scoffed, "maybe he would.  In which case, perhaps your people need to take a closer look at yourselves."

Well, if the elf was going to be stubborn and obstinate, there was nothing else he could do.  He bowed curtly to her.  "Then I bid you good night, Palinor.  I shall convey your goodbyes to Allemeddo.  I'm sure he will disappointed to hear that you did not accept the position."  He started walking back toward the palace.

Stopping and turning around, he extended his arms magnanimously.  "Please, have my men feed your wolf and yourself, if you need.  I'm sure you will find a room at either the Boar's Beard or the Wison Breath Inn.  The Wison is more fitting for a Lady, but the Beard is more open to pets.  You decide."

He turned and jogged up the palace steps, issuing orders to the guards there, who nodded and started toward Sylvia.  It was a shame she was such a barbarian.  Allemeddo would be disappointed for sure.  He had seen something in her.  Obviously, the old man was losing his touch.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:55:49 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »

Ledo thought for a few moments.  Which was the best route to take?  He wished to stay away from too many soldiers.  If he was recognized, he might be forced to explain why he was leading this girl through the city, and that just might not be good.  He had no good excuse for taking her out, other than his own curiosity was piqued because of her own.

"Well, I think if we skirt the palace wall to the south, we can head down Carteloreen street towards the southern district.  That way we don't have to go near the harbour."  It all seemed pretty self evident to him, but he knew she would not know the layout of the city.  He held up a finger.  "Hold on a moment."  He then scampered back into the door to the kitchen.

A few moments later, Ledo emerged carrying a brown waist length cloak.  "Here, you look cold."   He held open the cloak so she could insert her arms.  It wasn't anything fancy, but it would be warm; soft worked pinnip skin with the downy fur toward the inside. 

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]