Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southern Gate  (Read 15302 times)
Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »

Jazhur sat there and thought for a few moments. On one hand, it was very possible that this man was lying. On the other hand, he could be telling the truth, and the prince could die. On yet another hand, orcs were almost upon them and they needed everyone they could get. Jazhur didn't want to be the one responsible for the prince's death, though. He made his decision.

"You," he said, pointing to five men standing near by, "follow this man and help him rescue our prince." Then, for good measure, he added for good measure, "If he's lying, you'll have his head."

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:18 AM »

Mathias rose, nodded at the five men who were to follow him and said, "This way," and began to lead them carefully through back alleys toward Esmeralda's house of pleasure.  There was many a time they had to hide in the shadows as a horde of orcs would suddenly appear destroying and killing anything that stood in their way. Mathias was proud of the men who were with him as it must have taken nerves of steel not to go out and try and save those poor souls that the horde of orcs were killing, for he felt the same. He figured that they thought as he did that those orcs would get theirs when they fell into Orrsah Jazhur's trap.

Finally they went down the alley behind Esmerelda's house. Mathias found the back door, noticing the dead bodies covered by cloth across from the door. He knew that the men behind him also noticed as well as he heard gasps. The cloth covered doorway had been boarded up from the inside as the soldiers had made a make shift wooden door with whatever wood they could find in the house. It was the same for the front doorway as well as it provided more protection than just a cloth door, an ante room and then another cloth door before you entered the main house.

Mathias knocked on the wood in a prearranged signal. Slowly the door opened and a pair of eyes peered out. Suddenly the door was swung open wide and Mathias and the men were quickly ushered in, the door closing and bolted behind them. It took a few blinks and then they were all through the ante room into the main room. Mathias and the men were welcomed with cheers, even if they were low.

Private Tiberius came up to Mathias and shook his hand as well as the other men. "Thank Kor'ack, you have come back and alive and with some help I see." Tiberus swung his hand around the room. The wounded men looked at Mathias and the five other men with weary, bloodshot eyes. The women and a small girl were sitting near the fireplace, though there was just coals burning, they could not afford to start a fire for that would signal that someone was there and the orcs would attack.

"We heard an order for Sgt. Mallowart and all of the men to retreat. We extinguished the fire and put out as many candles as we could, we just have enough lit to see without bumping into furniture or ourselves," Tiberius said as if to answer the unasked questions.

"What about the Prince," Mathias asked.

"I am a bit addled in the head and my chest plate is no good but thanks to Galthas here we have been stitched up as best as we could under the circumstances," Prince Timeras answered from a darkened corner. "So when is help coming?" He asked.

Mathias shrugged his shoulders. "Prince, I and these men are all that are available," Mathias answered.

"What?..." Tiberius asked but was interrupted.

"Then we will do what we must with what we have and pray that Kor'ach has our interests this night," Prince Timeras said.

"We will need liters built for those who cannot walk. Galthas, how many do you think?" Tiberius asked, taking charge once again.
Galthas
Healer
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »

Galthas held up one finger to Tiberius, signalling for him to wait a minute while the dwarf finished with his latest and last patient. Galthas sighed and took another large gulp of an ale he had been drinking before turning toward Tiberius.

"I'm thinking we're only gonna need four." He looked at a soldier as he carried one of the newest dead out the door. A lot of the men he had worked on had died, because of not being in a proper medical facility, or because of the stress Galthas was under while working on them. Still, though, most of the men that Galthas had operated on had survived, seven, to be exact, and only four couldn't walk. Galthas considered this an impressive feat, as his understanding of human anatomy was not nearly as developed as his of the dwarves. While working, he had determined that the two anatomies were amazingly similar, which he made a mental note of.

Just then, the Prince clutched the area of his torso just below where his lungs were and almost doubled over into the floor from pain. Galthas ran over to him and laid him back on a table, prodding the are the Prince had been grabbing with his fingers and sending some numbing emphatic magic into the area. After a while, the Prince stopped struggling and Galthas went over to where he had laid his herbs. He threw the Prince a dried red fruit, whcih the Prince at quickly. The herb had been one he used often to deaden pain.

The prodding session had brought good news and bad news with which to update the Prince's condition. Bad news was Galthas still couldn't locate the missing rib, which could be puncturing the Prince's organs as they spoke. Good news was that if the pain that the Prince had felt had been caused by the rib, then it was too low in the Prince's body for it to puncture a lung for a while. Overall, it was very good news for the Prince.

"You," he said as he pointed at the Prince, "really should be on a liter." He paused then to finish downing his ale, his fourth of the night. It was no problem, though, dwarves were especially good at holding their ale, and Galthas was better at it than many other dwarves he knew. This was because of a combination of his increased body mass and the tolerance he had built up over the years. He once drank eight ales before becoming intoxicated. "But," he continued to the Prince, "I don' think yer the type of person ta accept that."

Galthas turned around, rolled up his operating kit, and forced it into his pack, along with his herbs and eyeglasses. "I do believe it's time ta move out, though. Stupid as the orcs are, they'll catch on in a while. Besides, I need ta get back ta the 'ospital... I miss ma cat."

A person who is not willing to give assistance should not ask for it.
       -Galthas Tavaria, Dwarven Healer
Galthas's CD
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 04:45:20 AM »

"You men," Tiberius ordered the new men, who were of higher rank than he, "Help these men make litters. There are beds upstairs that can be torn apart to be used for them."

"We do not take orders from a private," one of new men, a Lt., said."

Tiberius suddenly stopped, remembering that he was just only a private. The others who were higher in rank had just let him take over and even an old grizzled Sgt. had told him it was ok, so he just naturally thought it was, until this new man reminded him of his station.

"I...I apologize Lt. I..."

"He has been in charge ever since we came off of the wall," the grizzled old Sgt spoke up.

"Besides, I thought I told you that he was one of the Prince's private guards," Mathias said.

"No, you said you thought he was one of the Prince's private guards, and I doubt a lowly private would be good enough to be one of the Prince's guards," the Sgt. retorted. "Now that we have that settled..."

"I believe Lt. That I should have the last word," Timeras said.

"Um...Yes, m'lord. I..."

"What you were doing private, was showing that you are an orc's ass and a stupid one at that," Timeras interrupted.

Esmerelda laughed out loud while the other girls twittered. The Lt. was red faced and was about to object when Timeras added, "This man, Lt. Tiberius, is one of my personal guards and you will all follow his instructions to the letter, is that understood?"

"Yes, m'lord," they all said in unison, the grizzled old Sgt, saluting and giving a wink to a very surprised and stunned Tiberius.  The grizzled old Sgt went up to the stunned Lt. took his bars off his shoulders, turned and put them on Tiberius, he then took out his daggar, cut off the single private stripe on Tiberius's left shoulder and tossed it to the now former Lt. "Sew that on as soon as you can, private."

Tiberius thought that the grizzled old Sgt. was having too much fun. Then the Sgt. turned and looked expectantly at him. Tiberius glanced around at all of the faces. "Quick make the liters and then we leave.

The beds were tore apart and the wood and the mattresses were used as well much to the cry of dismay by Esmerelda as her bed, being the largest, was torn apart as well. In short order the liters were made and the wounded put upon them, including the Prince who protested mildly when Tiberius asked him to follow Galthas's suggestion.

Two men to a liter, five liter's that is ten men, Tiberius thought. That would take all of us helping carrying a liter, including Mathias. If we run into any orcs, then the liters would have to be put down...and quickly.  That is not good, Tiberius thought. "Men and ladies, we have a problem. We just do not have enough men, even with Galthas to carry all of the wounded and have protection as well. I am afraid that some of you will have to stay behind and it will have to be the least wounded along with one good soldier," Tiberius said.

"I can walk then," Timeras said, rolling out of his liter, but another stabbing pain made him gasp for breath.

"No, you cannot m'lord," Tiberius said. "You will lie on that liter and will be taken to safety. I will stay with one wounded man. That should free up enough to carry the rest and have a little protection in case you should run into any orcs. Sgt," Tiberius ordered the grizzled old one, "You are in charge. I expect you all to do your duty until our Prince and the women and child are safe."

"Orrsah Tiberius, I should be the one to stay. You are one of the Prince's bodyguards and should be with him, besides I am fresh and well armed," the former Lt, now private, said.

Tiberius gave thought. The man wanted to apologize in his own way and regain some of his dignity. He was right. He was fresh and well armed. Tiberius walked up to the man, put his hand on his shoulder and spoke. "Very well then, you stay." He then turned and looked at Galthas. To ask Galthas to choose which one of these wounded men to stay behind would be not fair to the healer. He should ask for a volunteer.

He turned and looked at the wounded who were looking at him with knowing eyes. Corporal Trayloh spoke up. "No need to ask Orrsah. I will stay," he said.

"No I will stay, No I will," as the other wounded volunteered as well.

Timeras was never so proud of his countrymen as he heard them nor was Tiberius who was trying awfully hard to keep tears from running down his face. "Corporal Traylon, you are the most wounded and will leave with us."

Traylon started to protest until he saw the look in Tiberius's eyes. Tiberius looked at the rest of the wounded and chose a young man, kneeling down beside his liter, "Thank you and I promise I will be back."  The young soldier put his fist to his chest and then laid back down upon his liter. Tiberius put his hand upon the young man's shoulder and rose. The young soldier was probably no older than his eighteen years of life, yet he felt much much older as he ordered the men to move out.

Once they got the woman and the child dressed as warmly as they could and covered the wounded with warm blankets Mathias took the lead and after they were all out in the alley and the back door to the house closed once again Tiberius whispered, "Mathias take the lead, Sgt the rear, the rest of us will surround the Prince, wounded and women. Move out," he ordered.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »

It had been a slowed retreat, but Mallowart had led his men down the street.  He knew that somewhere a trap would be sprung, but not when or where.  He just needed to make it there, and bring as many of these damnable orcs as he could.  Each step brought them closer to safety; closer to retaliation.

Finally, Mallowart spotted a group of warriors at the end of the street; some of his own men that he had sent to safety, and some new faces.  He felt his stomach drop.  The old soldier had hoped for more help.  This was going to be harder than he had thought.  

"Gather arms.  Prepare to make our stand, boys," he called out above the crashing of weapons on shields and the growls of orcs and the screams of men.

Mallowarts men met with the waiting group, and both forces melded efficiently, the wounded being ushered to the back of the line to find rest and to make their getaway.  Though not a practiced maneuver, the professionalism of the soldiers shone through.  Mallowart could not help but feel proud of his boys.

The orcs, having been pushing the attack, and on the offensive, had a moment of doubt when the Remusians suddenly stopped their retreat and turned to fight.  They had been joined by another small force, but not enough to match the numbers the orcs had, which in part was why the orcs were now confused.  But, second thoughts did not weigh heavy on them for long, and a tactical decision was made almost immediately.  Orcen battle cries rang through the night air, and the orcs surged forward, swing clubs, swords and anything else they had managed to claim as weapons.

The line of humans met them, and for a moment held before beginning to get pushed back by the superior orcen numbers.  However, the orcen advantage soon began to show and the orcs surged forward.  It would not be too long before the line broke, and the humans would be defeated.

Then everything changed.  What the orcs took as an advantage suddenly felt like a trap, as more humans came rushing from side streets on either side of them, trapping them.  Panic soon became the main focus, and loose discipline morphed into abject chaos.

Mallowart was more than aware of the transformation.  The moment he heard the war cries of Remusian soldiers as they poured onto the street from hidden side alleys, he knew the plan in its entirety.  Someone had planned this perfectly.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 02:00:35 AM »

Mathias led the group moving slowly to make sure the men carrying the liters could stay within sight of him. There were more orcs about this time than last time and they were tearing into every building, killing anything that moved human or animal and some even feasted on both. He heard some retching from behind him and some grumbling about sneaking about and not helping their kinsmen and women.

"Steady men. I know how you feel. I want to do the same but we have the Prince to think about as well as our wounded, the women and child," Tiberius whispered.

The grumbling slowly turned to a low murmur and then stopped altogether as reason took over revenge. Revenge would come soon enough once the wounded, women, child and the Prince were safe.

Suddenly Mathias held up his hand and all stopped. By the flare of the city's torches they could see a column of men slowly retreating as a huge horde of orcs attacked them. "Sgt. Mallowart," the grizzled old Sgt. breathed.

Tiberius quickly went up to Mathias. "Is there a way to get behind Sgt. Mallowart?' He asked.

Mathias thought quickly. "No, Orrsah there is not. We will just have to follow them."

"And watch them be slaughtered one by one! I do not think so," Tiberius said angrily.

"Remember your own words to the men just a few blinks ago. Take your own advice," Mathias said.

"I remember, but I do not like it," Tiberius answered back.

"Neither did the men back there, but they still overcame their emotions, besides I just recalled that these orcs are in for a nasty surprise." Mathias added.

"What surprise?" Tiberius asked.

"A trap set by Jazhur. That is why he could only send with me the five men I had when we returned. He needed every available man for the trap.

Tiberius thought a moment and then a smile split his face. "Then we slowly follow until the trap is sprung and then we get the wounded, women, child and the Prince to safety and then we can avenge our countrymen and women," Tiberius said.

Mathias nodded. Tiberius went back to the group and told them what was happening and there was a whispered cheer.

Mathias needed to see more so he swiftly climbed the wall of one of the houses and made his way to the end of it so he could look down at the streets below. From his advantage point he could see the huge horde of orcs attacking Sgt. Mallowart's men, then Mallowart's men were met by a few others who joined in the battle. At first Mathias could see the confusion in the Oren ranks until a large bellow from a one armed orc riding a warg urged them on. With an inhuman roar the orcen army surged forward and threatened to break through Mallowart's line of defense.

Mathias noticed another thing the orcs were slowly being manuvered into a more cramped space as they followed just one street which made them cliimb over their dead or wounded to get at Mallowart's men. Up ahead from Mallowart Mathias knew that Jazhur and his men waited to spring a trap. But what trap Mathias did not know until right before the orcen army broke through Malllowart's defenses, there came a Remusian war cry and men rushed out of darkened alleys and attacked the now trapped orcs in a pincer move. The orcs were now being attacked not only in the front but by both sides as well with no way to run. It was a perfect plan. Mathias wanted to stand up and shout for joy but kept his emotions under control as he watched.

In the alley below the small group could hear the clashing of weapons and screaming of pain; both human and orcen. There was a small pause in the fighting, then Tiberius heard an orc yell. A voice he would never forget. The yell of that one armed devil. He took a chance and peeked around the corner building they were huddled against.

To his right the orcen army was surging forward attacking Sgt. Mallowart's men and behind them was tht one armed devil on top of that warg of his. Tiberius could see flesh hanging from the wargs fangs and the club's spikes that the orc swung even wounding or killing his own kind to force them to attack.

Suddenly he heard the cries of many Remusian men. The horde of orcs stopped dead in their tracks and some even tried to turn and run the other way but the one armed devil was blocking their way, so they turned back. It was mass chaos out in the orcen army and for the first time tonight Tiberius felt like they were going to win!

He looked back at the men said a short prayer for them and made his decision. He could not keep his emotions in check any longer and the sight of Lars being mutilated by this devil ran in his head. He rushed out into the street and attacked the one armed devil.
ghun
K'ahn'uck Ch'ron-P'thok K'arg
Approved Character

Orc, Rhom-Oc

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 02:50:46 AM »

Ghun could taste victory just as he and Morg had tasted their share of human flesh. His army had ransaked the human houses near the gate, killing everything that moved. It also took a lot of casualties from those cursed human arrows. His own bowmen were cut down like so many wolves. Then the arrows turned upon his men, but his men were brave and they soon overcame the human's first line of defense.

Ghun had broken through and fought a heavy muscled human. The human put up quite a fight and had hurt Ghun's already wounded left side. Then the human broke one of Morg's legs and Morg went down spilling him onto the ground. He was confused and suddenly ferociously attacked by this human. He fought back and with superior skill, he thought, he finally killed that wretched human by crushing his head and then he had to kill Morg which enraged him further and he went back, tore some flesh off of the human's chest and ate it.

His army was disorganized and began spreading throughout the city. Ghun knew that was dangerous for then they would be few and the humans could pick them off easily. He called for another warg, named him Morg and bellowing for his men to get back in line. It took some time but eventually he had his army under control again and fighting the main defense of the humans.

The humans stood their ground and if they would have been orc's Ghun would have been proud of them, but they were humans so that just enraged him more and he pushed his army to attack more fiercly. And attack they did and slowly but surely the humans began to give ground. However the more ground they gave the more some of his men would take off on their own pillaging and raping.

Ghun kept pushing his army. If he could defeat this human defense then he would have the city! His men kept on pushing forward with Ghun behind them urging them on. Then, suddenly his army stopped, they seemed confused. He bellowed and they continued their march forward. Suddenly he heard the cries of humans, many humans and his army stopped and then he saw some of them even turn around and come back his way!

He bellowed, had to club a few to turn them back. He did not understand what was happening in front of his army and was wondering what had stopped them when he heard Morg roar and fall to his side splilling him to the ground, his left leg trapped under Morg's body and surprisingly the weight of a human who was pulling his sword out of Morg's side.

Ghun swung his club at the human who jumped back just in time as he cleared his sword from Morg's body. The human jumped off of Morg on the other side. Morg was not dead and swung his head around and gouged the human who cried out in pain. That was enough time for Ghun to free himself. He rose to his full height of a little over a ped, roared and with a mighty leap jumped over Morg and attacked the human.

The human met his blow with his sword but it was a weak blow. Ghun attacked ferociously, blow after blow, the human's sword was flung away along with his hand. The human rushed him and bowled him over. The human was astide hitting him with his fists. Ghun laughed, and bit at the hands when they were too slow. The human's hands tried to wrap themselves around Ghun's neck, but Ghun's neck was too heavily muscled and the human was weak.

Finally with a huge twist of his body he threw the human off of him. The human rolled in the bloody snow covered street. Ghun rushed the human as he lay upon his stomache. Ghun leaped with a war cry and brought his club down crushing the human's skull. A sudden, "Oh no" human cry came from a darkened alley. Ghun looked that way his eyes burning with rage and was about to rush into the alley when he became overwhelmed by his own army as they had turned and was fleeing.

Ch'ron-P'thok...all shall die!
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 03:25:01 AM »

The smell of blood filled Mallowart's nostrils, while the clash of steel on steel rang loudly in his ears.  It was all around him.  Though the situation was grim, he was heartened with every step forward he took.  Each step forward meant that they were no longer losing ground to the orcs, but were gaining ground.  Jahzhur and his men had done the job, and the trap had worked wonderfully.

In a single moment, the orcs had gone from the offensive to the defensive.  Hope filled the old warrior as he led his men forward.  "Stay close!  You there, close ranks!  Get that man to the rear, he's been wounded!"  These were the orders that Mallowart barked as they pushed forward, slow as it may be.

As they moved, one of the younger soldiers near Mallowart was felled, and lay wounded on the street.  A large orc lifted a spiked club over the wounded man, prepared to bring it down on the young man's head.  Mallowart threw himself forward, crashing into the orc and sending them both sprawling into a heap.  Mallowart scrambled to climb to his feet, but the orc warrior was quicker, swinging the club downward at Mallowart.  The cagey warrior managed to fling his body to the side to avoid the death blow, but screamed out in pain, as the club head came down near his left hand.  Two of the fingers of his glove had been lopped off by the spike and lay on the street.  He pulled his bleeding hand in close to his chest, and rolled in behind another soldier.

Moaning, he climbed to his feet and stumbled toward the rear of the line.  Once he was safely out of the battle area, he looked at his hand by pulling off his fur glove.  Mallowart's pinky finger and ring finger on his left hand were gone, leaving two small stubs.  "Dammit!" he cursed through gritted teeth.  

Another soldier approached him, holding a strip of cloth in his hands.  "Wyshnir-eck-E’shov Mallowart!  Here, let me help."  He took the older warriors hand and wrapped the wounded hand in an attempt to stem the bleeding.  When he was done, he looked closely at the older man.  "You should go get that looked at, sir."

Mallowart examined the bandaging and was satisfied it was done as well as could be expected.  "I'm needed here.  Ain't no duotyer can grow me new fingers now."  He looked back to the battle being waged for the very life of the city.  "My men need me more than I need coddling in a bed with men who are truly wounded."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:30:12 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

General Gravario

Gravario wrapped his cloak around him a bit tighter as the cold, brisk, night wind whipped at him as he and the soldiers behind him marched toward the southern gate. His feet crunched against the frozen ground underneath him as well as the soldiers behind him, to Gravario the sound of feet marching in unison was that like a drum that reverberated throughout the city. He hoped Jazhur and the rest of the small contingent of men guarding the southern gate were still doing so. Jazhur was a capable man, he would be a colonel soon, Gravario was sure of it.

The general had taken everyother man off of the western wall to go with him and help out the southern gate defenders. It came to almost battalion strength; more than enough to defend the wall and gate, Gravario thought. They went past the center of the city and was heading into the more poorer section of it when he suddenly heard the sounds of steel crashing against steel and the sounds of battle. Certainly the orcs had not broken through? The gate had to have held. What was he hearing then?

He ordered the troops to double time and quickly rushed toward the sound of where the battle came from. Gravario turned a corner and halted. His eyes could not believe what he was seeing. Orcs! Hundreds of them fighting his men. It seemed that they were going to be overwhelmed when suddenly he heard a battle cry and soilders poured out from the darkened alleyways and attacked the flanks of the orcs. Gravario stood there for a moment seeing the whole plan flash before his eyes and pride rose up in his heart as he realized the trap that had been formed as well as a battle roar of his own as he shouted and urged his men to join the battle.

The men roared as one as they joined the others and slowly but surely they began pushing the orcs back, until the orcs realized they were now the ones outnumbered and were being slaughtered. The orcs turned and began to flee from them. Gravario saw Jazhur who was bloodied, tired, but pressing forward along with his men.  Gravario looked for the Prince. Surely he must be here? That was the last thing that Gravario had heard when he was talking to Altario. A soldier had come up to them saying the southen gate was being attacked and the Prince went with the soilder while Gravario first sent his aide to the castle to report to the King what was happening and then he began to gather his army.

Gravario reached Jazhur. "I had no idea the gate had been breached. Nice trap. I assume it was yours? What is the situation? And where is the Prince? He was supposedly fighting with some men on or near the southern gate. Have you seen him?" Gravario buried Jazhur with question after question.

Mathias

Mathias stood there shocked beyond belief as was the other men, including the Prince and especially a wounded Corporal Traylon who had yelled out loud when they saw the orc kill their friend and leader, a fresh new Lt. Lt. Tiberius. The orc had turned his green-skinned, large incisor teethed face toward the sound and was going to advance toward them when he was surprised by being overwhellmed by his own army who were fleeing the other way. The orcs were being routed and they were running as fast as they could back toward the way they came.

The orc with the club threw off some of his own men who had trampled him and began roaring in his own tongue and swinging his club like a mad man: crushing his own if they did not obey him. A young soilder of theirs, about as young as Tiberius had been, was fighting the clubbed orc and was loosing. Mathias was about to run to his aide, when they saw a familiar sight; Sgt. Mallowart! He crashed into the orc right before the orc could bash in the young soilder's head. The tumbled to the frozen streets and even though the orc was wounded he was fast and swung his club down at Mallowart. The men in the darkness thought they were going to see another one put down, when Mallowart twisted his body away from the blow but not before the orc's spiked club hit him, for Mallowart let out a yell and rolled back into the advancing soilders.

Soon the clubbed orc must have realized they had lost their advantage and even he turned and loped away, bleeding and screaming at the top of his lungs, breaking everything and anything he could along the way.

The sounds of steel against steel were still heard by Mathias and the men huddled against the dark wall. The path to Jazhur was blocked and not all of the orcs had retreated and were fighting. Mathias turned to the Prince who had been watching it all from his liter. "My prince, what do we do?" He asked.

"We wait," the Prince replied, " and then when we can we avenge Lt. Tiberius and all those who lost their lives this day." The prince finished, his voice firm and steady as the mountains.
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 03:47:49 AM »

The battle moved forward, if slowly, toward the southern gate.  Extra troops were mobilized quickly to stop the orcen horde and breach of the gate.  Because of the narrow opening of the southern gate, it prevented a large surge of orcs into the city.  The gods were watching over them.

Mallowart commanded his men, even though the cloth wrapped around his hand was now soaked with blood and his entire armed throbbed, with sharp pains travelling up his arm each time he moved the remaining fingers on that hand.  Still, others were hurt far worse than he.  As long as he still breathed, he owed his men to be out here.

Up ahead, the gate could be seen, with orcs entering and leaving the city through it.  They needed to take back the gate.  He faced one of the younger men of his group.  "We are going to retake the gate, but when we do, we need to block it again.  I want anything and everything that can be piled into the gate ready to be moved as soon as we have control.  Stones, wood, carts, dead horses, anything.  Once we get the orcs out of the city, we need to stop them from getting back in."

The younger man nodded and ran off, calling other men to him.

Mallowart watched the younger man, satisfied he had placed that mission in good hands.  He then swung his head back around to the southern gate.  This could very well prove to be the most bloody of the battles yet.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]