Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Remusiat Town Square  (Read 25436 times)
Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 12:47:57 AM »

Out of the corner of his eye he saw her flinch a bit after he spoke. He hoped she didn't think his anger had been directed at her. With a sigh he kept silent, unable to find the words. Her questions had now filled his mind with doubts. The strength that kept him on his feet right now fled, and his youthful face looked a bit older. The events of the last few hours were catching up to him. His limbs ached from the sprint from the gates. He was pretty sure bruises were beginning to form on his shoulders and back from his collision with the warg then the ice, and he could already see the purple beginnings of one on his upper right arm, the mark partially hidden by his sleeve. With another sigh he attempted to tug the fabric of his shirt over it and succeeded a bit, but couldn't completely hide it. Mustta hit a rock, he thought viciously, and silently cursed wargs, blasted good for nuffin, dark creatures that should be wiped out.   

Then his mind turned back to his first problem. He wondered why people had to make things so complicated. In no way was he mad at her for her questions, he just wondered why people had to make him double think things he was so sure about. His mind raced, he knew he was going to do the right thing but what if he didn't make a difference and only hindered other fighters. He shook his head slightly and knew they would need everyone they could muster on the walls, but he wasn't even sure if they would put him there or have another assignment for him. The sight of the inn up ahead made him forget his doubts and he once more knew he would do all in his power to help. It was his job and it was what he would do even if it wasn't his job, blast it all, he had many friends and people he knew in this city, and he wasn't going to let orcs overrun it. He straightened up a bit and stood as tall as he could, but the tiredness and signs of the occasional twinge of pain remained on his face.

His thoughts had kept him preoccupied and silent for a while and he wonder with as his silence if she thought him dim, then dismissed the thought as she raised her voice to speak again. He was sure she would bring up the war again and didn't know if he wanted to speak of it anymore, but Garret was surprised with the sudden change of subject. He was glad for that change, he wanted to enjoy the rest of the afternoon without thoughts of war, but he knew they would catch up with him.

"Which way to the Tower?" Nyxthia asked.

The question puzzled him since the tower could easily be seen above the rest of the city. He was very good with directions, but he knew how to get around. His lifted his right arm and pointed in the direction of the tower. "It is right over there," Garret said simply, "just head out in that direction and you'd run into it."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:48:49 AM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »

(OOC: Garret, I saw no sense in saying that we walked off so I"m just posting straight here. Hope you don't mind.)

Nyxthia nodded and they both started walking in the direction of the Square. As the magnificent ice sculptures came into view, she smiled appreciatively. They were beautiful pieces of art, with amazingly intricate designs. It would have taken weeks, even months, to carve such small details from what was previously a chunk of ice. Nyxthia had never really had a knack for sculpting, but she could acknowledge the amount of sheer effort put into the pieces.

Her mind was cast back into the first time she saw the statues. It was barely an hour ago, but what with all the excitement, it seemed like a day or two. Remembering the conversation that was cut short by the arrival of the guards, Nyxthia turned to Garret and asked, "Where were you originally from? I remember us talking about our homeland, although I think you'll call me crazy and pathetic if I told you where I was from."

A small grin grew on her face as she was reminded of times when she was called insane. At first, she had been hurt and angry, but now, it just amused her to see people laugh their heads off. They didn't know any better, after all, who would if they worshipped the wrong Gods?

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »

They walked backed toward the Square, nearly walking in the same tacks they had made on their way toward the inn. It felt strangely wasteful to walk the same path for the second time, but then he turned his attention on something else. Once more the puppy side of Shadowfoot was coming out; the wolf seemed to be looking for attention from somewhere. He was bouncing around in the snow around Garret's feet, causing the young scout to shorten his stride to avoid tripping over the animal. Garret watched the wolf for a while with before Nyxthia began speaking again.

"Where were you originally from? I remember us talking about our homeland, although I think you'll call me crazy and pathetic if I told you where I was from," she said, picking up the conversation from earlier.

"Milkengrad," Garret replied quietly, trying to leave little room for more questions about that. He had left that city on bad terms and didn't wish to think of it just now. Trying to lighten his tone he changed the direction of the conversation, "Everyone comes from somewhere even if it is far or different. Where are you from, if ya don't mind me askin'?"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:17:35 PM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 07:26:38 PM »

Nyxthia watched Garret's wolf prance in the snow like an excited puppy. It was adorable to see such a large animal act as if it were a pup, with his tongue lolling out and his bouncing. A slender hand was raised to hide her giggle. The way Shadowfoot tried to gain attention from his master was an interesting thing to observe.

She looked up as he answered her question. With the way he said "Milkengrad", she could tell that he didn't want to elaborate on his times there. A small sigh escaped from Nyxthia. She really wanted to hear what happened, what made Garret look so angry and sad, but at the same time, she didn't want to probe too much. At his response, though, she brightened up slightly. "Promise you won't laugh, okay?" Nyxthia looked away and at Shadowfoot. "I come from..." Suddenly, Nyxthia stopped. Did she want to tell him? After all, how many times had she told people and in turn, how many of them took no notice of her when she spoke? Most of them! She didn't want Garret to treat her the way others did.

As she lifted her violet eyes up to his stormy grey ones, she made a descion. She trusted that Garret liked her for who she was, not where she came from. "... from the Hjoria tribe," she finished softly. "Now, how has your stay here been?" she asked cheerfully, quickly changing the subject. As soon as the words left her lips, though, she winced inwardly. I sound like a tour guide! Wait, why do I care how I sound? Nyxthia shook her head, clearing her mind before turning to Garret, smiling encouragingly at him.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

After he had told her were he was from and asked his question he went back to watching the wolf frolic around in the snow, apparently trying to trip him and get some attention. He knew that she would want to know more that he had let known, but it wasn't something he wanted to talk about. Another couple months and it would be three years aog that he left and he still didn't like talking about it, he didn't know if he would ever be comfortable talking about his past. He chanced a look over in her direction and her curiosity about where he was from seemed to disappear for a time.

"Promise you won't laugh okay?" She said. Garret nodded at that, wondering why she would think he would laugh because of where she was from. She looked away then before replying. "I come from . . ." She paused suddenly and Garret wondered what was wrong, but his usual silence held and he let her take her time in finishing. She finally seemed to decide upon something after a moment and she spoke very softly, ". . . from the Hjoria tribe."

Garret's mind traveled back to the many maps on the walls of his father's study, while his feet kept themselves upon the track. He tried to remember where he had heard that name before. To the dismay of his father, Garret had never had much interest in knowledge. His limited knowledge included on the thing that really related to his job. Now he tried to remember that map that had been his father's prized possession, one bought at a high price from an old man who claimed to have been everywhere. The image came back to him and he remembered that name, scribbled in the smooth flowing handwriting of the old man, on an island below Southern Sarvonia. She had been right earlier about having lived very far to the south. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he nearly missed her next question.

"Now, how has your stay here been?"

"Good," Garret replied, "this city's been more of a home to me than where I was born and raised." After he said that he silently cured himself for bringing up the past again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:44:28 AM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 05:50:56 PM »

His past again. Nyxthia could tell that he honestly didn't want to say anything about it, but somehow or other, it always popped up. Chuckling a little, she thought about how many times it had happened to her. She could relate.

Garret, on the other hand, looked sad at bringing up his homeland again. After pondering for a few moments, Nyxthia decided to try to make him feel better. "I... ran away. From my home. My father hated me you see. Always wanted a boy, he did. While I grew up, he would always beat me or he would lock me in the closet. The only thing that made it bearable was Avitus. It's a pity, really. In all truths, Father was a loving man, responsible, caring. To everyone except me." Nyxthia closed her eyes as she remembered him. All of the memories with her father were nightmares, even now.

"Did your parents treat you the same way?"
The question slipped out before she had even thought of it. She looked at him, aghast. A part of her didn't want him to think her pushy, but another pat of her wanted to know. The best thing now is to keep quiet, she thought.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »

She told him of her past and he listened, wondering how she could have survived that. Wondering how she got through life, until she ran, living with someone who hated her just because she wasn't a boy. He suddenly felt bad about thinking himself wronged by his father those years ago, but everyone had their own demons. Garret could tell that it was painful for her to talk about, from the way she stood to the tone of her voice. At the end she closed her eyes for a moment before her violet gaze once more turn on him.

The next words out of her mouth had been ones he had been expecting, a question about his past. As soon as the question tumbled out she seemed to be shocked by what she had just asked, but he could see the curiosity shining in her eyes. He sighed and turned away slightly, his eyes falling on anything other than her. The question bounced around in his head, taunting him for a time, tormenting him for a moment. Within the space of a few heartbeats he decided. He wasn't going to tell her just because she had told him, no, it just felt right. It suddenly seemed like the right thing to do, to reveal his past to this woman beside him, no matter how painful it might be.

As that decision was made another part of him made a choice of its own. Darkness crowded on the edge of his vision and he could do nothing to stop it. His grey eyes looked afar and near at the same time, swirling, darkening, and clouding. A storm of emotion swelled within. His body stiffened and he stood uneasily on his feet, swaying slightly. For less than a moment and more than a lifetime he saw both. His past and present mingled and swirled before his vision, making him dizzy and he wobbled a bit more. For a moment he seemed to stare through time itself. The image his eyes took in faded before him as the image of the long forsaken city of Milkengrad grew stronger, blackness still dancing at the edge of his vision.

Before the past had complete control over his mind he felt a force of pain and rage smash into him. The dizziness grew stronger and he dully wondered when the world would stop spinning. Images danced around him, circling him like a whirlpool, drawing them all toward the center. Drawing all the past and present to him. When the world stopped spinning he found himself in one time. The impression of being in two places at once replaced with the dreadful familiarity of the room he stood in. His body acted on it's own, acted as it had in the past. Large hands reached behind him and pulled off the shirt that rubbed against the new tattoo. The pain and rage from moments before continued to batter at Garret's defenses. His mind fought against it, but he knew what would happen next. From the dark shadows his father emerged, thin leather belt in hand. Garret couldn't turn swift enough, and he felt the belt find purchase. He could feel the pain all over again, as if the skin on his back was once more splitting. But the pain wasn't coming from the lash.

The darkness grew and around him swiftly and the world swirled in front of his vision as the present came into view once more. As the image faded he saw his father's face, aged and worn, filled with sorrow. Then he returned to reality. The flesh of his back felt hot enough to burn through his shirt even though snow littered the ground and cold winds swept through the city. He then realized the pain in his right hand. It had been the lash across his back all those years ago, it had been his closest friend, bringing him back now. Shadowfoot nipped at his hand once more and he was back in one time. Garret steadied himself, loving the feeling of both feet on solid ground, both feet back in the present.

He let out a sigh and looked down at the wolf beside him. Shadowfoot looked up at his human, golden eyes filled with what appeared to be worry, but Garret clear grey gaze calmed the creature. The great silver wolf licked the small trickle of blood that slowly made his way down his right hand. Numb fingers found purchase in the animal's fur, and he scratched the side of the wolf's head as he reflected on what had just happened. It took less than half a blink for him to remember Nyxthia beside him and her question. He had only been in the past for a minute or two, but it seemed like it had been hours.

His jaw moved up and down for a moment, as if tasting the words he knew he would say before allowing them to tumble from his mouth. Finally he began. "No," Garret said suddenly, his voice barely above a whisper. "My parents weren’t like that at all. They did everything they could to please me when I was little. My father even made a deal, that diminished his wealth, so I could learn to fight because it was what I wanted to do. But that was the problem, I wanted to fight and my father wanted me to take up the family trade and become a merchant." Garret said the last sentence bitterly. All the words awkwardly falling from numb lips. "I could never settle for a life as a merchant. At sixteen I got a tattoo, separating myself from him and declaring my intent. Freedom. He took it as the highest form of treachery. He was mad and we had a 'disagreement' and then I ran, never looking back."

The word disagreement was heavily laden with pain, and the scars on his back seemed to burn once again. His left hand reached behind him, tracing the scars on his back through the fabric of his shirt for a moment before he pulled away, his grey eyes darkening once more. He suddenly wondered if he should have told her, doubting the wisdom in his decision. When have I ever been wise? Garret bitterly asked himself. He sighed and then his mind bounced back to the sorrow-filled face of his father that had appeared as the past faded.

"We were both wronged that day," Garret said. His voice had been less than a whisper, less than the near silent whistle of a light breeze, less than a thought. He even wondered if he had actually said those words or if it was just him talking to himself in his head again. If those words had been spoken had anyone heard them?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:30:35 PM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »

Nyxthia watched as Garret seemed to sway briefly on his feet, before his grey eyes clouded over. "Garret?" the cry was barely more than a whisper. "Garret!" As Garret's body trembled, Nyxthia started to panic. What was happening? Her fingers rose to clutch his clothing as she shook him, desperately trying to shock him awake from his catatonic state. Shadowfoot, smart wolf he was, leapt up and nipped his master's hand. As Garret's eyes slowly cleared, Nyxthia hurriedly let go of his shirt. He didn't seem to know what she did while he was unresponsive, and for that, she was grateful.

As he spoke of his past, much like she did, she could tell he had been cut deep by his parents. His father. Her father. Fathers sired them, that much was true. But why bring a life into the world if you wouldn't care for it? Be it because for their gender, or a personal choice, fathers should protect their children, not hurt them! Her own pain that stemmed from her own parent's prejudice, her sympathy and understanding at Garret's suffering both caused her eyes to well up in tears.

Their histories, in a way, was the same. They both ran away because of their fathers. But as she looked deeper, she found herself questioning, was it as like as she thought? Garret was punished for choosing his own path. She was punished for being born. It was vastly different... yet... one thing was the same. Both fathers were blind. One was blind to a child, the other was blind against everything but his own thinking. It was the same.

She didn't know when her tears overflowed. She didn't know when her hands found Garret's strong arms. She didn't know when she buried her face into his shoulder and let go. All she knew was that right now, she was weeping softly, shedding previously unshed tears for both of them.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2007, 08:21:29 AM »

Garret quickly realized that being back in the present wasn't much better than the past. His flesh on his back seemed to burn and he wondered if the scars had split open again. The memory of the pain was almost worse than the pain itself and he clenched his jaw as he waited. The absence of the warm trickling of blood down his back assured him that they hadn't spilt open and shook his head, wondering how the feeling and pain seemed so real still. The pain slowly dimmed to a horrible throbbing that started in his back and spread throughout his whole body. It wasn't much better than the pain, but at least it was something.

He led his mind away from the pain, be it physical or emotional, past or present. To occupy his mind he took stock of everything around him. Nyxthia stood beside him, silent for now, thinking most likely. His grey gaze swept over her as he surveyed the conditions around him, people when about their business and shop owners continued to sell their wares. Next he looked down at Shadowfoot, the wolf sitting at his feet, licking the trickle of blood that once more slowly rolled down the side of his hand. The blood came from a small puncture in Garret's skin where the wolf's tooth had sunk it, the sudden pain that had brought him back. He looked at it, noticing that the blood flow had nearly stopped now, and small red welts from the creature's teeth were beginning to stand out on his tanned skin. Garret patted the wolf on the head once more before turning to look at Nyxthia once more.

He caught the glistening of tears welling in her violet eyes as he turned back toward her. Worry crossed his face as he watched her, noting her unusual quietness. He left her be, knowing she would speak when she was ready. Moments later she was crying softly into his shoulder. He hesitated for a second before he slowly wrapped his arms gently around her and held her as she cried. Garret stood there, sturdy as a wall, his strength returning with each moment. The physical and mental strength that had been temporarily robbed from him by the attack of memories seeped back into him. No tears fell this day. All of the wet drops had rolled down his cheeks a couple years ago when he awoke from a nightmare in a small farm house, bandages still covering the open wounds on his back. He sighed as the memory came into his head and shook loose its grip on him.

His attention turned back to Nyxthia. He held her a little tighter and stood straight. He wanted to say something, anything to help but anything sounded stupid in his head so he kept his silence. They had only just met, but now he had yet another reason to help protect this city. As if he needed another reason, but there it was. His grey eyes darkened a bit with the thoughts of war once more in his head and he sighed wondering how things would be when this was all over. He looked down at the top of her head and waited for her, knowing she would speak when she was ready.

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 03:56:27 AM »

As the sorrow faded away, or at least reduced to a manageable level, Nyxthia loosened her hold on Garret, although she didn't let go completely. Her face was still buried in his shoulder, her fingers were still clutching the fabric of his clothing. She could feel his arms around her, a comforting barrier from whatever's out there. She liked that feeling. The feeling that someone was there, something she hadn't felt in a long while. Not since she left.

Pulling back, Nyxthia looked into Garret's eyes, her own violet orbs still slightly red with tears. Unlacing her fingers, soft hands travelled from his back to cup Garret's face. As she gazed into those oddly grey eyes, she felt something in her, stirring. Something that she had never felt before. Her heart started to pound, harder and fiercer with every passing second. She felt... odd. What was it? What was it that made her feel this way? Was it his gaze? His smile? His laughter? No, she realised as her lips met his.

It was everything.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 11:23:50 AM »

He was content to hold her silently, allowing her time to think and deal with the pain on her own. Briefly he wondered if he should in someway share her pain, help her make it easier to handle, but it wasn't his way. Garret had dealt with his own pain for so long, working through it on his own so he didn't pass on a burden to others. He needed no help from anyone when dealing with pain, and he figured others would deal with their own how they saw fit. That one brief thought was swept from his mind as he remembered all he had taught himself. He was jerked from his thoughts as she loosed her grip on him and he almost removed his arms from around her, but stopped short, still holding her in his gentle embrace.

After another moment she pulled back and looked up at him. Her violet eyes were rimmed with red and glistening trails of moisture dampened her cheeks. She looked beautiful, even with her eyes red from crying. He realized that he had yet to voice this thought in his head, and until now it was a fact, something that went without saying really. But upon allowing this thought into his head he became more aware. Garret grinned down at her, a broad smile forming on his youthful face. He hoped he could convey with that smile what he was feeling. It was then that he realized how close she was, and noticed her hands releasing the fabric of his shirt.

The next thing he knew her lips were on his and he stood stunned for a moment before reacting. The great, sturdy mountain began to bend awkwardly, giving into the sweetness of the kiss. Time seemed to stop and he closed his eyes as the world spun around him. The only person that mattered right now was this beautiful woman in his arms. Realizations flocked to him now, things he had noticed but set aside with thoughts of what was coming. He clung to these things, little things she had done since they had set out from the tavern together. He clung to the kiss, wanting this moment in time to go on forever.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 11:27:28 AM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 11:17:25 PM »

Slowly, almost reluctantly, Nyxthia's lips parted from Garret's. His kiss had left her heart beating at a thousand strals per minute, leaving her breathless. Standing so close, she could feel the rhythmic beathing of his heart, faster than what it should have been. She still felt tingly all over her, as if her nerves were on overdrive. It felt good.

With that thought came realisation. Oh, crap! Quickly, she sprang away from his embrace, her thoughts whirling around in her head. Crap, that could have been counted as harassment! Her face began to burn, a red shade creeping to her face. "I... I'm sorry, Garret. I didn't mean to... I mean, I like you.. No wait, I don't... No, I do.. I just shouldn't have.." Her words came tumbling out over each other. Her blush grew darker as she tried to express herself, although she was failing miserably. Finally, she gave up, and just went for it directly. "I'm sorry, Garret," she spoke the words softly. "I didn't mean to do... that. I'll understand completely if you wish to leave now."   

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007, 12:17:16 PM »

After what seemed like a lifetime they slowly and reluctantly parted. Garret kept his arms wrapped around her, refusing to release her just yet. He held her close and could feel the rapid beating of her heart. His heart was beating so furiously that he thought at any moment it might leap from his chest. His mind skipped though a warm, happy confused state for the moment, but that soon shattered.

She suddenly leapt from his embrace. His blissful grin fell from his face as he looked down at her. His expression changed to one of worry, his mouth set in a flat line for a moment as his mind hurriedly attempted to figure out what had happened. Nyxthia’s cheeks reddened before words began tumbling from her mouth.

“I … I’m sorry, Garret. I didn’t mean to … I mean, I like you … no wait, I don’t … no, I do … I just shouldn’t have …”

With each spoken word his heart quivered on the edge. Garret wondered what he had done wrong as the words came out. Each uttered syllable leaving him on the edge of uncertainty. Her cheeks changed to a deeper shade of red as she realized how jumbled her words were. In a moment Nyxthia composed herself.

“I’m sorry, Garret,” she said softly. “I didn’t mean to do … that. I’ll understand completely if you wish to leave now.”

“Do you want me to leave?” Garret asked softly.   

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2007, 02:10:26 AM »

Nyxthia blinked. Want him to leave? No! He was, so far, the best thing that happened to her in her stay here, and she didn't want to spoil that. But... was he asking permission for him to leave? Was he already scared by her? Nyxthia's lips pressed into a thin line, despair growing every second. Her mind was buzzing with thoughts, feelings, emotions. Many questions popped up as she contemplated their relationship.

She liked him, but did she love him? And even if she did, did he feel the same way? The feelings she felt for him, was it in the romantic sense, or was it just a prelude to a sisterly love? He was in the military, a soldier, a fighter. She? She was a traveller, a wanderer. Would they fit? Did they even have a chance with a future together? There was a war coming. He needed to fight. Would he die? If she gave in, if she loved him now, and he died, she would break. How long would it take to recover? Would she even pick herself up after that? All these thoughts flashed through her mind in less than half a minute. Too many questions, answers to none. Nyxthia shook herself mentally, returning her thoughts to the present. Garret was still standing there, looking worried, awaiting her response.

"I..." The words came out quietly, but strong. "I don't want you to leave, Garret. Never. But that's the point, see?" Tears again started to well up, her violet eyes clouding over with the translucent film. Her legs suddenly felt weak, and she sat down heavily on a nearby bench. That's the point, she thought to herself, chancing a glance into his grey eyes, before turning away completely.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2007, 05:36:10 AM »

“I …” Nyxthia said quietly. “I don’t want you to leave, Garret. Never. But that’s the point, see?”

Tears started to form in her eyes once more. Something in the way she stood, spoke, and looked at him kept him from taking her in his arms once more. It seemed he was the cause of her sorrow this time and he wondered what he had done or what he hadn’t done. She moved over to a near by bench and sat down, meeting his gaze once before turning away completely. He sighed and cautiously moved out and sat on the bench as well, not too close, but not too far at the same time. He recalled and had to admit to himself that he didn’t see the point. His brain had decided to quit on him for a time and he couldn’t figure out what she was talking about.

“I don’t see,” Garret admitted. She had turned away from him so he couldn’t see her expression. He hesitantly set a hand on her shoulder as he asked, “Nyxthia? What’s wrong?”

It was a stupid question, but at this point he didn’t understand her. He was so confused right now. Why can’t I do anything right? Garret wondered as he waited for some sort of reply from her.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 09:26:45 PM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]