Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Kann Kemruhnt (story proposal)  (Read 9000 times)
Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:59:17 AM »

Title
The Kann Kemruhnt

Moderators
Galein
Thorgas
Morden

Number of Players
Indefinite

Type of Players
Any

Basic Outline
A dwarven tavern and Inn right inside the tunnel leading to the city of Tyr Donian, run by dwarfs. Travelers come for a drink and conversation with fellow travelers and dwarves.

Other Information

NPC: Pragnék) Dwarf who lives at The Kenn Kemruhnt, gambles to make money and earn free drinks

Arhung Yegerinn) Dwarven Stable boy age of 80.

Jynée Pakerim-Theroon) Hragnur's insane mother. Lives upstairs and stays in room occasionally yelling down for Hragnur to do random things. Guests consider her an annoyance, due to her yellings that interrupt their conversation entirely.

Gapad) brother of Galein and Gadaser. Pastry Chef at the Kenn Kumruhnt.

Gadaser) brother of Galein and Gapad. Main Meal Chef at the Kenn Kumruhnt.

Hragnúr)Is being completed by Morden. Will remain NPC until titled.

Menu

Drinks
Dwarven Ale- Dwarven brewed Ale with a almost nutty aroma. 3 Sans

GerBrandy-Should be drunken only by dwarfs. Is said to eat through leather and dissolve paint off a wagon's side. 3 Sans

Hlarn Ale (Scorch Ale)-This Ale is made by the Kavogerim dwarf, Hragnúr. This is the dwarven variant of the ale Hragnúr. 3 Sans

Shorr Brew (Child Brew)-This is the other variant of Hragnúr's ale. This is a much milder version so other races can drink it. 3 Sans

Apple Ale- Dwarven Ale mixed with mashed malusapple. 3 Sans

Hearth Berry Juice-Warm non-alcoholic drink, with a sweet taste. 2 Sans

Savq “Sober-drink”-Tarty, bitter tasting drink that makes you sober in a few moments. 2 Sans

Water-Water taken from the Mitharim well. First is free and refills are 1 San each.

Food
Sandwich- 2 pieces of Liobl or dwarven Borwul bread with a choice of goat, lynx, or pig meat in between.. 4 Sans

Goldsponge Cabbages - Cabbages fried with goldsponge pulps and chopped Sulcho mushrooms. 2 Sans

Cucumber Ak-Ak- Light and tangy Cucumbers served with  “Weeproots” and a piece of Borwul. 3 Sans
Sulcho soup – Selected and hand picked Sulcho mushrooms, boiled with chopped vegetables of the customer’s choice (i.e. caroots) and seasoned with powdered black khmeen seeds 3 Sans

Steamed Mithanjor – Fat and large Mithanjors from the cavern pools of Een Puvtyr, cooked with equally large rootweeps, mushrooms and spiced with cinnabark. 4 Sans

Grilled goat – A large slab of goat meat grilled and spiced with cinnabark, served with mashed potatoes, mixed caroots and onn’garg beans, and gravy. 6 Sans

ThuuthFer unai, alv anjor (Fired slow, long fish[eel])- slow eels grilled into perfection, glazed with honey and topped with sulcho mushrooms. 4 Sans

Roasted Taenish-Taenish cooked until skin is golden brown. Served with vegetables. 5 Sans

Snacks
Doch Nuts- Small, nutty tasting nuts with a buttery aftertaste. 1 Bowl=2 Sans

Peppered Hearthberries-Succulently hot, crispy nugget with a fiery core, which stimulates the tongue and encourages appetite. 1 Bowl=2 Sans

'Petitioners' (Also known as pretzels)- Salty twists of baked dough dough. 1 Bowl=2 Sans

Sunseeds-Salty seeds of a Sunflower. 1 Bowl=2 Sans

Breddengrain bun- Fluffy bread filled almost to bursting with fruit or rosemint jam, smeared with a generous portion of honey on top. 2 Sans

Sweets and Desserts
Honeyed Meldars- Small bite-sized pieces of apple, covered in honey. Served with a sharpened stick to avoid messiness. 4 Sans

Kao-Kao and Doch Nut Cookies- Delicious cookies with bits of Kao-Kao and Doch Nuts embedded on the cookie. 2 cookies for 3 Sans
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:55:08 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged
Luca the Thief
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:52:51 AM »

My first concern would be, is this limited to only dwarves? One of our biggest rules about making a story is not making it exclusive or to alienate a particular kind of character from the outset. That said, I think it would be kind of neat to have a tavern run by dwarves, perhaps in some foothills that doubles as a trading point?

Be sure to read both here and there so that you understand what being a story mod entails and is required of you. Big Grin
Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:12:15 AM »

wasn't planning on it being restrited mroe of it being a bar in one of the trading cities or soemthing. Just seeing what people would think first.

Went and found a possible name for the tavern. The Kann Kemruhnt (The Marble Warhammer)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:23:48 AM by Ganinon » Logged
Kanthir Whisperwind
New Santharian

Human, Eyelian Yourth

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »

If this idea got off the ground I would love to become a part of it. (Note this is not my first Char, Kyrridhil Culna mo is also mine.) I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to do. Sort of like a Thirsty Herald but actually a run story?

To hear the whisper upon the wind,
The calling of the Great Spirit Eagle,
That is my Dream.

-Kanthir Whisperwind
Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »

I was pretty much thinking it could be something like the Herald but with dwarven acpects to it. Could make it an actual story though. Just be a lot more work. Right now I say it be something like the Herald. I will think avout it though.

But first I need to know if it would even be played in so if you think you would enjoy this then please say so.
Luca the Thief
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »

I would also strongly suggest, nay, insist, that you round up a co-mod or two for yourself. Especially for a tavern story where many things between many characters could be taking place all at the same time, it'll be very hard for you to do this by yourself.
Kanthir Whisperwind
New Santharian

Human, Eyelian Yourth

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »

Well I think there was talk about a new Thirsty Herald esque Tavern for the site, although it currently eludes me as to whether it made it off the ground. I think that this would be played in and would also encourage more Dwarf players.

If you are looking for a current mod to give you a hand, I recommend talking to Thorgas. And if you find me suitable, I would create a Dwarf character to give you a hand with it.

That is my Dream.

-Kanthir Whisperwind
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 09:02:25 PM »

Yes, I am still working on getting the TH type story up...but not sure when I will have time to fully piece it together.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kanthir Whisperwind
New Santharian

Human, Eyelian Yourth

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »

Kalina, just a thought. Would it be possible to use the current ideas for the new TH story type and the proposed Dwarven Tavern together so that we get both a new Inn and a Dwarven Tavern in one? Surely that would be easier than two groups writing seperate stories and it also gives a larger base of moderators to pick from for the story.

Also, I have forgotten what I was going to say.

That is my Dream.

-Kanthir Whisperwind
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »

But I have completely different ideas laid out for my story than what would be laid out for this one, I can assure you. Everything is set in stone, I just have to put it up at this point.

And I can assure you, more stories isn't going to hurt this board.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 09:39:31 PM »

This is a very unique and wonderful idea, people! Beats the everyday cliche of human and elven owned establishments in these parts :P .

If this tavern would be approved, I would love a chance to RP in it, provided that I'm not busy with RL :) .I think there will be no problems with it being exclusively for dwarven use only; It can be placed in Tyr Donian, a dwarven trading settlement familiar with many types of races, or it can be owned by dwarves who left their mines and settled in a hillside cave. I think these two should be plausible solutions for the 'restricted to dwarves only' problem, eh? azn Finally, with this new establishment, we may see an influx of new dwarven characters being created, therefore enriching this site with not-so-common characters, as opposed to the all too common humans and elves.

Of course, we need experienced people to be moderators in the tavern. azn

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Kanthir Whisperwind
New Santharian

Human, Eyelian Yourth

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »

I think It had been settled that this would be a Dwarven Run thing rather than a Dwarf Only Tavern. Otherwise there would be a grand total of five players? =P

That is my Dream.

-Kanthir Whisperwind
Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 04:26:08 AM »

Yea, I was thinking it would be run by dwarfs in either Tyr Donian or the other trading post. Everyone would be welcome here, and soemthing could be said that might promote dwarfs a bit more... evil

@Thorgas, Would you be one of the other Mods for this? It would be pleasant to have one of the original 5 dwarven characters to help run this.

@Kanthir, I find you suitable, you may have to get the admins to make an exception though. Or have you been playing for 4 months already? I have lost track of time. Just read up on your dwarven lore and you should be good. Thanks for the support.
Kyrridhil Culná mo
Hapless Romantic
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenhrim / Eophyrhim.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 05:35:33 AM »

Ive been here for a while, unfortunately my internet went funny =\. Ive been doing some research into dwarves trying to decide which tribe to go for. Although first I shall be getting Kanthir approved.

(Kanthir is my other char btw)

Smell that? Yeah thats you wallowing in self pity.
Deal With It

-Kyrridhil Culná mo to a Remusian guard after being told he had brittle hair.
Kyrridhil Culná Mo
  | Frozen Darkness
Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 06:41:11 AM »

Ok just making sure. Hope this works out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]