Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Araevin Irindis ~ Sanhorrhim/Erpheronian ~ Fire Mage  (Read 12209 times)
Araevin Irindis
Firemancer
Approved Character

Half-elf, Sanhorrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »

What sort of stipulations do you feel would be appropriate? He is a good looking, intelligent mage with a host of personality issues. I could add a mental disorder since that is a common weakness used to tone down magic powers - although it is far too common one in my opinion. It seems every mage who comes out of Ximax has a mental issues... Shocked

Consider that everywhere Araevin goes, he is unfriendly to common folk. He runs with the rich and powerful circles, and they hate his arrogance. He uses people for pleasure and tosses them aside. He can cast a nice fireball, but he rarely ventures outside of city walls as he is not an adventurer by any means.

As a fellow mod, I guess we are at an impasse here. I would welcome the thoughts of another mod or admin.

"A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark."
Covette
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 06:51:30 AM »

In my newbness, I'll endeavor to throw out some possibilities for a resolution. Mind you these are only vague ideas and would need to be changed or altered to fit this particular character.

Ideas:
1) Maybe some obscure physical injury he acquired through noble pursuits. Riding accident: Back pain, sprained ankle or knee that flares on occasion. Some commoner's stupidity: Falling from a seamstress's pedestal whilst getting some alterations done.  

2) Playing with fire could cause a multitude of possibilities. Sensitivity to bright lights (Quick bright flashes there of.) or a specific color range he does not see well in (AKA ... retinal damage.). Another possibility would be some scarring from fire that he is utterly ashamed of ... maybe on the arm. Which would require him, due to vanity, to wear long sleeved clothing. Major hindrance in warm environments.

With your character's level of vanity, such a scar could be minute for most anyone else.

Hope this helps! heart

Edit: After pondering the whole scar idea, there is a polar opposite that would influence strengths and weaknesses. Possibly he is so vain that he rarely wears proper clothing for chilly days (Wanting to show off his greatness!). This could lead to illness and general discomfort at most times in cold climates.

Either of those things could be influenced greatly by a fire mage, but keeping ones self warm or cool over the course of the day ... weakens the over-all 'will'.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:32:22 AM by Covette » Logged
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 08:57:41 AM »

Could the fact that he's a follower of the God of Excess be somehow used as the basis of another weakness? Gluttony springs to mind ... or maybe he considers himself to be (God of Excess)'s gift to women and is absolutely masterful in the bedroom.

Another thought ... perhaps he's a pyromaniac?

Though the first suggestions here seem to fit better than the pyromaniac suggestion.

I also think that Covette's suggestions are also worth considering.

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Araevin Irindis
Firemancer
Approved Character

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »

Great ideas, many thanks. Dek's idea to use Ethelian worship as a basis for a weakness inspired me. I have added another weakness that involves the addiction to Ethelian weed and wine. The weed is mentioned in the god entry and the fire element entry, but lacks a separate entry of its own. I hope it is ok to use it.

Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »

You now have my approval, Araevin.

By the way, it's too bad we had a little disagreement there, but I imagine there aren't any hard feelings, considering you're a mod yourself. I'm sure you understand.

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 05:22:59 PM »

Not sure if we need a second approval or not, but I'll give you one in case we do :D

I'm sure you know about the removal of unneeded editing colours etc.

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Araevin Irindis
Firemancer
Approved Character

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 02:14:36 AM »

Colors removed. Thanks everyone for the help working through this. I think the CD is much improved now.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »

Moving back to the archives!

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]