Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Myrdda Firemage/Erpheronian/Fire Mage  (Read 5767 times)
Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »

Name:Myrdda Firemage

Birthday: 9th of Burning Heavens

Race: Human

Tribe: Erpheronian

Title: Flame of Passion

Appearance:
~~Height~~ 1 ped, 2 fores, 1 nailsbreadth
~~Hair Color~~ Karikrimson
~~Eye Color~~ Gnastheen
~~Physical Appearance~~ Some men have called Myrdda a goddess, others have called her gorgeous beyond words. She prefers to call herself “perfect”. There isn’t anything about her that she wishes to change. Well, except perhaps her breasts. They could always be larger.

Myrdda’s beautiful karikrimson hair cascades down to the small of her back in gentle waves. Everyday she tries to find a new way to arrange it better shows the color of her hair. She prefers if it were out of her face, but she knows that mystery is the way into most men’s heart. Whenever she is feeling in an especially sultry mood, she wears it down so that the gentle waves cover most of her face.

Even though her hair captures most of the attention, one can hardly ignore her eyes. The brightness and clearness of her gnastheen eyes has captured many, making them wonder later where their clothes have gone to. If one were to look deep into those eyes, one would see various emotions, depending on when one happened to look into them. During love making, there is passion as well as lust. When trying to seduce someone, there is lust, cunning, a hunger, and perhaps even gentleness. On any normal occasion, there is just a sparkle that none can even fathom what it means.

Her skin is of the fairest ivory, which is odd as she is usually out in the sun. Some would say that it is because of the clothes she wears, which could not possibly be the case, as most of the clothes she owns show off some part of her body. Some would say that she uses a special kind of lotion, making her skin appear that color. No one really knows how she does it. When asked about it, she simply gives a sly smile and moves the conversation onto something more to her liking.

Her body is full of curves. Her breasts are on the larger side, and her hips compliment them nicely. She is not skinny as a twig, but nor is she hefty. Instead, she has found a happy medium, and she carefully watches what she eats to maintain her figure.

Another point of interest upon her is a small birthmark in the shape of a heart upon her inner right hip. Myrdda uses this to pique a person's interest in what else lies beneath her clothes. Around this area, she is extremely ticklish, having to bite her lip whenever someone wishes to touch the strange, but exotic, mark.

~~Clothing~~ Myrdda never has, and probably never will dress like most magi. She thinks that the common robes don't fit her body right, thus she has chosen to wear clothes that fit her lifestyle more. A herne green dress flows over her features, a mere nailsbreadth from touching the ground. There are no sleeves, for Myrdda is very proud of her light skin and wishes to show it off as much as she can. Two small straps go up and over her shoulders, helping to keep her dress in place. The neckline plunges down between her breasts, showing off as much as Myrdda can get away with in public. Even though the dress is so long, Myrdda manages to show off her legs by two long slits on both sides. The slits go up to the middle of her thighs.

In case the weather gets a bit too chilly for her normal dress, she wears a nor'sidian cloak, complete with a hood and sleeves. She tries not to wear this as much as possible, for she believes that it is unflattering and doesn't show off her body. Upon her feet she wears simple herne green slippers that she has to get replaced from time to time. Ideally, she would love to wear some of the more fancy footwear the upper class wears, but she cannot afford it.

Personality: Myrdda only cares about one thing: Herself. She goes from town to town, finding anyone who will sleep with her, sleep with them, and be on her way. To many, this may come across as her acting as a whore or a prostitute, but she doesn't view it that way. She views it as living her life and getting the most out of her body while she is still young.

To a new person, Myrdda can come across as the sweetest woman alive, a hussy, or one of the scariest sights they’ve ever seen. The last one is due to her short temper. Holding grudges, besides seducing people, is one of the things she does best. If a person crosses her, she’ll remember it for the next month or more. Often, she will use this to get what she wants by putting a guilt trip on the said party, or by making it seem like it was much worse than it actually was so she can get pity from another party.

When Myrdda doesn’t get something she wants, she’ll react one of two ways. One: she may be over dramatic about it, causing people who are nearby to stop and watch the situation. Usually this causes the other person to relent to whatever Myrdda wants. Or she might hold a grudge and try to get back at them by whatever means she can.

Strengths:
   ~~Outgoing Personality~~
Myrdda loves to meet new people. Rather, she loves to meet people that she wants to meet. Whether she is in a tavern, out in the street, or even while traveling, if she sees someone who catches her eyes, she’ll pop right up and start talking to them, perhaps even seducing them.
   ~~Attractive~~ Many men, and women, find Myrdda very attractive. This comes in handy when Myrdda needs something out of someone. A flash of her cleavage, the lifting of a skirt, and she could very well have free drinks and something hot to eat.
   ~~Use of Magic~~ Because she has been taught at Ximax, Myrdda knows a little bit of magic. Most of the spells she knows can be used to get people to do what she wants to do. (More info in Magic section) She only uses her magic when she needs a heat source or when someone needs a small "nudge" to get into bed.
   ~~Educated~~ Because of her education at Ximax, Myrdda knows how to read and write in addition to magic. This is something she never would have learned had she stayed at home.

Weaknesses:
   ~~Selfish~~
Myrdda is extremely selfish. She only cares about pleasing her desires. Sure she may sleep around, but does she actually care for the men/women? No. Only that she gets some fun. This has caused many a small fight from Myrdda refusing to help someone.
   ~~Outgoing Personality~~ While mostly a good thing, Myrdda often gets into trouble by bothering people who don’t wish to be bothered. This has often resulted in Myrdda being shoved across a tavern or just getting her feelings hurt.
   ~~Quick to Anger~~ Ever since she was a child, Myrdda has had problems controlling her temper. If she’s in a bad mood to start out the day, only one small thing can set her off. With her knowing magic, usually the air around her heats up if she is angry enough.
   ~~Married? No Problem!~~ Myrdda doesn't care if the person she sleeps with is married or not. This has often led to "disagreements" over unfaithfulness and she being pointed out as the perpetrator. She has had to defend herself against a very angry husband or wife, or even an overprotective father or mother. She doesn't want to hurt them, but if they upset her enough, she won't hold back.    

Magic: Myrdda was attracted to the fire element because of many traits of her personality. This also stems from Korlack, a traveling fire mage, telling her about certain spells that could make one sleep with the caster. Upon arriving at Ximax, she found that she actually had to work at it, something she was not wanting to do.

Because she left Ximax when she was 24 years old, she did not get a chance to learn everything that she wished. She was still only in Sphere I and barely knew one Level 4 spell. This spell was Entice and she was determined to know it by heart. Almost every day she practiced it upon some poor soul until she could finally do it without regents.

There are only a couple of spells Myrdda can do without much focus or regents. She can make a flame larger to keep someone away or make all the candles in a room go out to help her escape. If an attacker is holding a sword or something else made from metal, Myrdda can heat it up to the point where he or she is unable to hold it any longer.

To cast a spell, Myrdda makes eye contact with her intended victim, mostly for her own benefit. Usually by this time, she has already been talking with them, perhaps even having a couple of drinks, so she doesn't find it very difficult. With her usual spells, such as Entice, Myrdda doesn't need to think very hard about the words, she knows them all by heart. Instead, she stares deep into her target's eyes and focuses on increasing the influence of the fire cár'all within her target. She then awaits for the results. If performing a spell she is not as familiar with, she likes to have a few pinches of ashes within her hands and it helps if she utters and incantation out loud. When asked what the incantation means, she smiles and usually acts like she has no idea what they're talking about.

Myrdda often finds it difficult to seduce someone by using magic if that person is a magic user as well, or if their will power is dead set against seduction. When this happens, Myrdda will often get very upset, and will either take it out on the person in the form of verbal attacks, or will leave the situation in a huff.

History: Myrdda was born in the South City of Jernais. Her mother was barmaid at the Black Glitra while her father was a common woodcutter. They were about as middle class as one could get. They had a small house on Mithril Dragon Avenue. The most interesting part of the house was the fireplace which looked like an open dragon's mouth breathing fire when a fire was lit inside it.

Perhaps it was this centerpiece of the home that caused Myrdda to go the path she chose. She spent several hours in front of that fireplace. Or perhaps it was something that was already placed inside her by the gods. Whatever it was, from a young age, Myrdda always leaned towards fire-like tendencies.

She grew up normal enough. The only thing that really stuck out to her parents was Myrdda's early obsession with men. She had more boys than girls as friends, yet they always seemed to be more than friends. Myrdda would come with her mother to work sometimes, and just watch as certain couples would flirt and then go upstairs to more private quarters. On more than one occasion, Myrdda had asked her mother why she never did anything like that. The answer was always, "I have your father. What more do I need?"

When Myrdda turned 12 years old, she meet a traveling fire mage by the name of Korlack. He seemed to be quite the lady's man, for he swept Myrdda and several barmaids off their feet. By this time, Myrdda was becoming quite the beautiful young woman, and Korlack noticed. He lavished his time upon her, and she willingly accepted it. He was the first mage that she had ever personally knew and she was intrigued by the "gift" that he possessed. More than that, however, she was intrigued by rumours that fire mages could learn spells which would entice a person to sleep with the caster.

When she confronted him about it, he confirmed the rumours. This sparked her interest all the more. They spent many a night lying in his bed after a passionate session of love-making discussing fire magic. When she started to ask him how to do the "sex" magic, he admitted he didn't know the correct incantations. Then she asked him where someone could teach it to her. He said he had learned all his magic from Ximax and someone there might be able to teach her. It was then Myrdda decided to be a fire mage.

When she was thirteen and a half, Myrdda left her home for Ximax with a new surname: Firemage. She was proud of it and announced it to everyone who would listen. Unfortunately, she wasn't a real mage yet. But that was to come with time. Korlack had told her Ximax was expensive, so before he moved on, he had given her some money. She figured that wasn't enough, so the night she left she stole her parents' life savings.

Upon arriving and enrolling at Ximax, she found that it was not what she thought it would be. She actually had to work hard at it, and had to learn spells she didn't really want to learn. Halfway into her first year all she did was sleep during classes and flirt as well as sleep around with the male students. It wasn't until a teacher talked to her and explained that if she didn't learn the basics, she would never become a great fire mage, no matter what her surname was.

After that, Myrdda become a better student, though not by much. She focused only on the basics and, of course, the spells she really wanted to know. After attending Ximax for 8 years, she suddenly changed her mind and left. She figured she knew enough about fire magic that she could get by with what she had already learned.

Myrdda set out on her own. Not really wanting to go back home, she decided to wander on her own and live life the way she wanted to. In other words, going from town to town sleeping with whomever she could entice.

Belongings:
   ~~Bag for holding regents (if she needs them)
   ~~Herne dress
   ~~Nor'sidian cloak
   ~~Herne slippers
   ~~Small leather coin purse
   ~~Regents
        --petals of the fa'yale
        --some sulphur

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:13:03 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »

And I'm done. History is kinda short, but she's not that old. If more explanation is needed on something, just lemme know.

Here's hoping that my first mage can get titled. *crosses fingers*

Ílarolén'yliás (Drustai)
Fallen Hero
Mini-mod

Gray Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »

Quick comment here:

You say your mother was a barmaid and your father was a common woodcutter... how then did she afford to attend Ximax? Ximax is a fairly expensive institution, generally hard to get into if one is born into a low class family short of using a substantial amount of the family funds to get in. Especially if you don't have the consent of your parents to fund you (unless you stole money from them), it'd be very hard/impossible to pay for the tuition.

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

Okilly dokilly just a few comments here on the S&W. However, before i do that, I'd just like to say i'd like to see a bit more in the personality section, but that's just me. the CD is approvable with the personality as is methinks

Strengths:
   ~~Outgoing Personality~~ Myrdda loves to meet new people. Rather, she loves to meet people that she wants to meet. Whether she is in a tavern, out in the street, or even while traveling, if she sees someone who catches her eyes, she’ll pop right up and start talking to them, perhaps even seducing them.
   ~~Attractive~~ Many men, and women, find Myrdda. Find her what now? :P This comes in handy when Myrdda needs something out of someone. A flash of her cleavage, the lifting of a skirt, and she could very well have free drinks and something hot to eat.
   ~~Use of Magic~~ Because she has been taught at Ximax, Myrdda knows quite a bit of magic. Most of the spells she knows can be used to get people to do what she wants to do. (More info in Magic section) Quick explanation as to how OFTEN she uses her magical tricksies should be in order here.

Add in Educated. Being taught at ximax makes her able to read and write, and she probably studied other things as far as i know.

Weaknesses:
   ~~Selfish~~ Myrdda is extremely selfish. She only cares about pleasing her desires. Sure she may sleep around, but does she actually care for the men/women? No. Only that she gets some fun. How does this hinder her?
   ~~No Offense~~ Myrdda never cared to learn about the offensive magic at Ximax. Because of this, coupled with her next weakness, Myrdda gets into trouble from time to time. 3 things about this. 1) She *must* have learned some spells in Ximax that can be used in some sort of offensive manner. The simplest, and first, spells taught to Fire magi can be used offensively. 2) Reading her magic tells me that her abilities can be used offensively (2 brigands aren't much of a threat if you make them sex eachother). and 3) even if such were the case, and she had no offensive magic, this is not a weakness. If anything it's an inhibition to her strength. MOST people don't have offensive magic at their beck and call :P Otherwise schoolyard brawls would end in craters
   ~~No Weapon Knowledge~~ She never learned to use a weapon, not even something as simple as a staff. Sure, if it comes down to it, she could find a table leg or something and flail it around, but it wouldn’t be enough to ward off a seasoned warrior. This isn't a weakness. Most people do not have the ability to wield weapons with proficiency.
   ~~Outgoing Personality~~ While mostly a good thing, Myrdda often gets into trouble by bothering people who don’t wish to be bothered. This has often resulted in Myrdda being shoved across a tavern or just getting her feelings hurt. This is a limitation to one of her strengths, and should be removed from her weaknesses and added to the strength
   ~~Quick to Anger~~ Ever since she was a child, Myrdda has had problems controlling her temper. If she’s in a bad mood to start out the day, only one small thing can set her off. With her knowing magic, usually the air around her heats up if she is angry enough. That makes me think she can use the air offensively, since she can heat it :P

Alright, as i hope you can see your character is a smidgeon overpowered. We have a fun, sexy woman who can use Magic to top that off. To balance that, she is selfish and has a short fuse. This will require balancing, which i'm sure you'll be able to do :)

I'm changing the icon to a pencil until my comments are worked in :)
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 05:01:10 AM »

Bumping this up so I can find it to edit it later.

Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »

And Myrdda is done....I think. Mages are hard. I don't think I shall do another one for a very long time. :/

Mannix
Ranger of Shadow
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »

Heya Myrdda. I have come bearing comments in answer to your request. :P I'm gonna mostly focus on your magic section, but I'll point out any spelling errors I see as well. You should know though that I'm not a magic expert.

Magic: Myrdda was attracted to the fire element because of many traits of her personality. This also stems from Korlack, a traveling fire mage, telling her about certain spells that could make one sleep with the caster. Upon arriving at Ximax, she found that she actually had to work at it, something she was not wanting to do.

Because she was asked to leave Ximax when she was 24 years old, she did not get a chance to learn everything that she wished. She was still only in Sphere I and barely knew one Level 4 spell. This spell was Entice and she was determined to know it by heart. Almost every day she practiced it upon some poor soul until she could finally do it without regents.

There are only a couple of spells Myrdda can do without much focus or regents. (I don't think you can do spells without much focus. The focus is the target of the spell, so if you don't focus too much on it, your spell won't go too well. I guess it could be likened to archery, if you don't focus on the bulls-eye, you not likely to hit it. You need focus for any spell. Perhaps effort would be a better word to use, as she is so well practiced in the spell she no longer needs to think everything through.) She can make a flame larger to keep someone away or make all the candles in a room go out to help her escape. If an attacker is holding a sword or something else made from metal, Myrdda can heat it up to the point where he or she is unable to hold it any longer.

This is pretty good start. You have mentioned several applications of her magic, which is good. All I can really tell you that needs doing is explaining how she casts these spells. You know; explaining how she affects the properties of fire, either increasing or decreasing their prevalence. This character is actually a lot like one I have been writing for a while now, and her magic section got the okay from Twen. So you can take a look at her if you want to see what I mean. It isn't the best magic section in the world, but i I hope it can help. The CD is here: Cárlýth Eférmerín. If you want a few other fire mages as examples, give me a sec and I'll try and find some. I can also get you some useful links on magic if you want. And if you have any queries, please do ask me or a magic expert.

Oh, and I read through the rest of your CD, and it was very good. Just a few typos:

Everyday she tries to find a new way to arrange it better shows the color of her hair.(I think you missed a word out of this sentence.)

Around this area, she is extremely ticklish, having to bite her lip whenever someone wishes to touch the strange, but exotic, mark.

So that is it. I hope I have helped, even just a wee bit. grin

Mannix
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:35:46 PM by Mannix » Logged

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Mannix Vaelos ~ Character Creation Help ~ FAQs ~ Restrictions
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »

Thank you, Mannix! *huggles* I'll change those few things when I have time. ^_^ Thanks again.

Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

Edits done in karikrimson red

Prince Erebus
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 07:59:25 AM »

a bit self-centered, isn't she?
Thróg'Shireníc
New Santharian

Elf, Melad'rhim

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:30 AM »

Something quick, even though not much. I read through your magic section. Even though i have delved into it yet myself, I wished to read it, and I found just a slight error, maybe.

"and it helps if she utters and encantation outloud."

Maybe you meant to put "the" there, but I'm not sure, it just sounds funny to me. It's the magic section's 4th paragraph's 6th sentence for easy reference.

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 01:03:53 PM »

Because she was asked to leave Ximax when she was 24 years old, she did not get a chance to learn everything that she wished. She was still only in Sphere I and barely knew one Level 4 spell. This spell was Entice and she was determined to know it by heart. Almost every day she practiced it upon some poor soul until she could finally do it without regents.<-I wonder why she was asked to leave? If your character has learned 1 IVth lvl spell, then she would have shown the propensity to continue.

There are only a couple of spells Myrdda can do without much focus or regents. She can make a flame larger to keep someone away or make all the candles in a room go out to help her escape. If an attacker is holding a sword or something else made from metal, Myrdda can heat it up to the point where he or she is unable to hold it any longer.

To cast a spell, Myrdda makes eye contact with her intended victim.<-Direct eye contact wouldn't be a necessity unless defined as a prerequisite of an incantation. Usually by this time, she has already been talking with them, perhaps even having a couple of drinks, so she doesn't find it very difficult. With her usual spells, such as Entice, Myrdda doesn't need to think very hard about the words, she knows them all by heart. Instead, she stares deep into her target's eyes and focuses on increasing the cár'all<- the property of (?). A mage does not increase the cár'all, they strengthen or weaken the properties of their element. within her target. She then awaits for the results. If performing a spell she is not as familiar with, she likes to have a few pinches of ashes within her hands and it helps if she utters and encantation outloud. When asked what the encantation means, she smiles and usually acts like she has no idea what they're talking about.

Also, is the last name Firemage a given name or one she has given herself? I seriously doubt her parents named her after her future profession.
~Sincerely~
Cáo fá cár'tuulén: Twen Araerwen

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »

Bumity bump bump

Myrdda Firemage
Flame of Passion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 05:35:34 AM »

I believe I answered all the comments which the Lady Twen brought up. Man, it's been a while.

I answered both the surname question as well as the reason why she was asked to leave in her History. If it has to be moved elsewhere, just lemme know! Thanks!

Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 07:58:38 AM »

In your magic section, it doesn't look like you integrated or responded to Twen's comments. What level are you, assuming you are knowledgable in Sphere I? Also, please describe the properties of fire you specifically focus on such as heating swords or putting out flames. I would like to see some basic understanding there.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]