Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: noi Lelu/ Milken Brownie/ Scavenger  (Read 6842 times)
noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« on: August 02, 2008, 05:01:29 AM »

.o.Name.o.
noi Lelu
.o.Gender.o.
Female
.o.Age.o.
.o.Height.o.
Approx. 14 Nailsbreadth
.o.Weight.o.
Just under one tenth of an Od
.o.Eye Color.o.
Korwyn Gold
.o.Hair Color.o.
SorInyt Orange
.o.Race.o.
Brownie
.o.Tribe.o.
Milken
.o.Ethnicity.o.
Yellowbark
.o.Occupation.o.
Scavenger
.o.Title.o.
Endearing Forager
.o.Portrait.o.
.o.Physical Appearance.o.
noi's vivid orange hair and soft golden skin reflects her cheerful, energetic nature perfectly. Her hair, full and thick, falls down past her waist before stopping just short of her thighs. Sor'Inyt Orange, it grows in soft waves and curls about her face before becoming a bit scruffy at the ends. Several strands have even become dreaded, with pieces of grass and leaves twined around the tips. Usually hidden beneath the fire colored tresses are a pair of slightly pointed ears. Perhaps somewhat big for her face, she was often picked on as a child for their size, and now, to catch a glimpse of them is a rare sight indeed.

Big, round eyes of Korwyn Gold are framed by a thick fringe of black, sooty lashes. Bright and expressive, they unknowingly reveal any and every emotion their owner is feeling. She has been told on several occasions that in moments of anger or unequivocal happiness, her eyes become a deep, vivid red. Never witnessing this bizarre occurrence for herself, she cannot deny or confirm its happening. Although they usually hold a rather innocent expression, one glimpse into the mesmerizing golden depths and you're lost, vulnerable as she penetrates your outward facade to the person hidden beneath.

Although noi is rather petite for her race, her body is corded with strong, lean muscle. Rather large, thick legs lead up to the gentle curve of her hips before tapering off to her slim, narrow waist. With a taut, flat stomach and a generously voluptuous bosom, she realized at a rather young age the affect her appearance has on the male gender of her race. With a soft round face, tiny button nose and sweetly oval chin, a simple smile has left a great number of men feeling like shy, nervous children. Any man lucky enough to experience the sweet taste of her yielding mouth has pulled away speechless and flushed.

.o.Clothing.o.
Her clothing, or lack thereof, is normally very simple. A small piece of a freshly picked leaf is secured just under the curve of her breasts, feathering out to adequately conceal the ample mounds. Another piece of leaf wrapped tightly around her hips covers just enough before exposing more than she would like. She wears a pair of soft leather booties but no other ornaments, preferring to have the ability to move freely during her daily activities. During the winter, or in cooler climates she wears a pair warm wool socks with her booties, along with an over sized white fur coat. A large hood was fitted to conceal her bright orange hair from view of predators. Where vegetation isn't plentiful she wears a simple, serviceable orange muslin dress, sleeveless and reaching to just above her knees.

.o.Personality.o.
With such a vivid imagination, Ano'i has all too often found herself in trouble with her parents. Unfortunately for them, the confines of their home were never an appropriate setting for adventure in Ano'i's mind. She would wander off into the city of Milkengrad and to the Aurora Fields beyond; wherever the story playing out in her mind happened to take her. Frequently, she would return home smudged with dirt and grim, much to the dismay of her mother, and would only give an innocent smile in her defense. Luckily for her, being the youngest in a family of thirteen brothers and one sister, she was often emitted from any harsh punishment.

Her curious nature, coupled with her imagination, has gotten Ano'i into many dangerous situations. Almost always it is her brothers and sister that come to her rescue, but her Milken family is always there when she needs them. Despite her size, Anoi's has explored just about the entire city of Milkengrad and the majority of Aurora Fields. Always anxious to discover something new and exciting, she climbs tree several thousands times her size, and swims puddles which to her perspective are as deep as any lake. Although she has many times found herself stuck on a particularly high branch or lost amongst a rather dense patch of grass, she always returns to experience new adventures everyday.

Generous and kindhearted, Ano'i is always the first to put the feelings of those she cares about, before her own.  Her happiness is often dependent on the happiness of others around her, and she does her best to insure the positive and optimistic mood of everyone she meets. Generally she shares whatever she has, whether it be material possessions or kindness. Ano'i was never one to put too much thought into valuables, always preferring to find happiness in the simpler things life has to offer.

While she herself is rarely in a bad mood, on occasion her constantly positive and energetic disposition has tried the nerves of family and stranger alike. While she has frustrated her family to no end numerous times, it is usually new acquaintances who are put off by Ano'i. There generally isn't any middle ground, people either love the adorable creature or can't stand the annoying pest. Often oblivious when someone isn't too fond of her, she continues on in the same vein without disturbance.

.o.Strengths.o.
Aha, you can't see me! - Only reaching as far as the ankle of your average sized human, Ano'i's size gives her the ability to simply disappear. A large leaf would be adequate enough to conceal her whole body completely. Sometimes even, while being stalked by a predator, she has been known to simple roll around in mud or dirt to disguise both her body and her scent.

I know exactly who you are... - Abnormally perceptive, Ano'i can often see past a persons outer shell into the person hidden beneath. Whenever a person is lying or simply not giving all of the information, Ano'i can usually tell. More often than not, the victims of this strange ability are completely oblivious to the fact that they have been found out, usually because Ano'i's never lets on that she knows.

I can do anything better than you! - Living in a family of thirteen brothers and only one older sister, it was inevitable that Ano'i would pick up some of their more boyish habits. While Ano'i was never really excited about going on a hunt, she was however ecstatic when she bested her brothers at it. On several occasions Ano'i would be the only one of her siblings able to take down their prey. The look on her brothers faces was the only motivation she needed to continue practicing with her Bow. She can usually hit any stationary target within the weapon's optimal range, though with moving targets she isn't quite so accurate.

Don't worry, be happy! - Ano'i, ever since childhood, has had an abundance of optimism even in the most dire of circumstances. Luckily, it usually pays off in her advantage in the end. She has the unusual ability to simple will things to go in her favor. Whether it is because of her theory that everything will turn out happily in the end, or it's her go getter attitude, Ano'i always seems to work herself out of a jam.

.o.Weaknesses.o.
No, don't step on me! - While at times her size does indeed help her out of danger, there is still the constant worry that at any moment the sole of an unfortunately placed shoe will wipe her from existence. Usually loud and noticeable enough, she doesn't worry overly much about being squished, but it is still a very real possibility. Besides that threat, there is also the underlying fear that a predator would swoop down and eat her for lunch. Very cautious of this, she usually stays far from the forests unless she is hunting.

And then.. And then.. And then - Cheerful and friendly, perhaps overly so, Ano'i has been known to severely try the patience of her audiences. While there are those people who marvel at her good natured attitude, her constant chattering and happy-go-lucky disposition can at times be rather annoying to certain people.

How can you see me? - While during certain seasons Ano'i's coloring can be very helpful in hiding from predators, a lot of the time her bright orange hair acts as a beacon that attracts unwanted attention towards her. In the fall, she blends in perfectly to the changing foliage around her, and in the winter her thick, white fur coat conceals her completely. However, at any other time she is far to easily spotted and has to be constantly on the lookout for danger.

I've been walking for DAYS! - Traveling on foot is fairly impossible for someone of her size. A distance that would take an average size human several hours to cross, would take Ano'i days, perhaps weeks to cover. Having to rely on a friendly passerby for assistance in getting to her destination, it often takes her weeks or even months to get from one city to the next. It also adds to the possibility that the "friendly" passerby she asks for help might not be so friendly....

.o.History.o.
The moment Anoi left the womb her parents knew she would be a handful. Even as an infant her large, round eyes took in everything with an innocent curiosity that followed her into adulthood. Once she was able to walk on her own, her chubby little legs got her into trouble more often than not. Even though she was the youngest in a family of fourteen other siblings, Anoi always seemed to amuse her parents with her antics instead of frustrate them usually. As she grew and her allotted area for adventure became vaster, she found herself getting into more and more troublesome situations.

Her Milken family, an elderly couple by the names of Emmett and Irina Herr, always seemed to be the first to come to Anois rescue, even in their advancing age. After their marriage, Irina found, to both her and her husbands great dismay, that she was barren. When Anois family moved into the Herr residence after a horrible fire burned their pervious accommodations to the ground, Emmett and Irina welcomed them with open, loving arms. With no children of her own, Irina was immediately very fond of the small, energetic toddler that was Anoi.

With thirteen brothers and her only older sister already moved out of the family home, Anoi took to following at her brothers heels at a very young age. Her days consisted of hunting, hiking and exploring, either on her own or tagging behind her brothers. Eventually she became so proficient with a Bowthat her skills surpassed those of her brothers, much to their dismay.

Inevitably, her large family began to slowly dwindle, with her brothers growing up, marrying and either setting up their own homes in Milkengrad or leaving completely. So, when Emmett planned a trip to Voldar to pick up his nephew one summer for a visit, Anoi volunteered to join him. Just a short distance outside the walls of the city, Anoi jumped ship, telling Emmett to comfort her mother with the knowledge that she would be alright.

She stuck close to Voldar for the first few months of her new independent life, marveling in the feeling of freedom that resonated throughout her entire being. For a few weeks she explored that Thaelon forest and then traveled west to Bolder, but she couldnt never really decided to live somewhere with any kind of permanency. Her mind was too fickle and her sense of adventure was too strong to tie Anoi down to one single place. Spending her life exploring and scavenging, her strongest motivation is to accumulate a vast number of risky, thrilling experiences.

.o.Weapons.o.
Bow- A hand carved bow approximately one tenth of a ped in length, its slug over her shoulder while she travels. Made from a carefully selected piece of wood, it has a range of about 23 peds. Painted a sort of burnt orange, it has an intricate vine pattern carved up the length of it. Kept in a container, also situated over her shoulder, are a number of poison tipped arrows.

.o.Familiars.o.
None

.o.Belongings.o.
~A large white fur coat and leather booties
~Blowpipe and Bow, along with poisoned darts/arrows
~Flint as well as several handfuls of tinder
~A simple cerated knife used for skinning and cutting dead animals
~A tanned leather bag
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:41:48 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

I was saved by grace, but destroyed by niavety...
noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:37:39 AM »

Comments on what I have so far are welcome!  :)

noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 01:09:35 AM »

~Bump for my own personal convenience~

Elyr Fsamr
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Karrhem

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:53 AM »

This isn't a big deal, but just so you know, there's technically no such thing as an orange brownie. But she can be half redbark half yellowbark to create her current shade. But you might want to add a section beneath tribe: "Ethinicity" as this is becoming a requirement for brownie CD's, hencefoth. ;)

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Elyr's CD ~~ Character Creation ~~ Restrictions ~~ CD Etiquette
noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:09:22 AM »

Thanks for the info!

Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »

Sorry, you can't actually be half a redbark and half a yellowbark - you are one or the other.  Kind of like eye colours in humans.  Oh...I just read the Brownie Ethnic Groupings entry and realised possibly where this confusion is coming from....I'll get it changed asap.  Probably the closest you can get is a very dark yellowbark - that would be kind of orangey.  Or even a very orangey Brownbark?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:46:59 PM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:56 AM »

Okay, finished! I know the History is rather short, just let me know if anything needs to be added to it.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 06:39:10 AM »

Hello noi! Here are some basic comments to keep you moving forward. Although I shall let a brownie expert go over your history.

Items of Interest
1) Orange coloring probably requires Yellowbark and Redbark ethnicity.
2) Footwear is a requirement, especially for a tribe that is so nature oriented. Walking around without shoes, although pretty and all, would be painful and impossible over long distances.
3) Leaves would never last as clothing, true in the wild this would be somewhat easy to contend with. But in areas with only spruce trees or even cities this would leave her naked within a couple days.
4) Blowpipe and Bow should be listed under Strengths with definitions of how good she is with each.
~Sincerely~
Co f cr'tuuln:Twen Araerwen

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:10 AM »

1) Rookie's comment was that you cannot mix ethnicities, but a dark Yellowbark would probably suffice to explain her coloring.

2) I've added leather booties for Ano'i to wear yearlong.

3) Extra clothing added.

4) I've added her skill level with a Blowpipe and Bow to her strengths.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »

I shall get back to you regarding ethnicity, the entry says otherwise, but then again Rookie is rewriting the Brownies. I'll have a concrete answer for you soon Ros. :)

noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 07:30:21 AM »

Thanks Twen! ^_^

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 04:09:14 AM »

The ethnicity is all good noi  :).

The only thing remaining for me personally, is that your weapons need to be listed individually as Strengths. Which may unbalance your S&W, but really can't tell till you separate them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:10:30 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

noi Lelu
Endearing Forager
Approved Character

Brownie, Milken

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »

I took away her ability to use a Blowpipe so her S&W wouldn't be unbalanced.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »

~First Approval~

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »

Looks good to me. Second Approval.

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]