Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cárlýth Eférmerín ~ Quaelhoirhim ~ Fire Mage  (Read 2098 times)
Lyth
New Santharian

Elf ~ Quaelhoirhim

« on: August 13, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »

Cárlýth ‘Lyth’ Eférmerín
Okay, I'm getting there. I just have to write the personality, finish the strengths and weaknesses and finish the history, which I'm scared is going to be exceedingly long. Edits according to Twen's comments are in orange.
Name  Cárlýth ‘Lyth’ Eférmerín

Gender  Female

Age  One Hundred and Eighteen

Age By Appearance  Twenty-Three

Age By Knowledge And Training  Twenty-Six

Approximate Maximum Age  Six Hundred

Race  Elf

Tribe  Quaelhoirhim

Occupation  Fire Mage

Title  Lust's Longing

Height  Two peds

Weight  One pygge and five hebs

Hair colour  Dark Santh Purple

Eye colour  Tirpanblood

Description
Lyth is everything a man could wish for; tall, slender and most of all, beautiful. Long, slender legs have her standing at two peds in heights, towering over her many lovers. These voluptuous legs run smoothly into her provocative hips, that sway gently as she walks. Her waist then tapers from her ample hips, forming an exquisite torso, accented by her voluminous chest. Hanging from her shoulders are two slender arms, and on their ends she bears delicate and well cared for hands.

Sat atop the elfess’ gracile neck is the most beautiful head. A smoothed skinned face, almost perfect in appearance, garners unmarred beauty. Full lips, often accentuate with a rich, red liquid, used to stain the lips a radiant colour, frame her mouth. Further up, a small nose runs up to two iridescent, and somewhat unusually coloured eyes. These two orbs, though extremely beautiful are one of the few areas that Lyth finds under standard. These eyes are slightly larger than she would wish for, though many of her partners do not agree. Their unusual colour and a sense of mystery to her.

Cascading from atop Lyth's head run dark purple locks. While to many this may seem an unusual hair colour, among her tribe there are far more unique colourings. The colour could almost be thought of as a dark red. Lyth probably spends more time caring for her hair than any other area. Depending on her dress, the occasion and time of day her style will change. However, usually she likes to let it hang free, rolling down her back. As a focal point, she often places a flower in her hair, or even numerous ones. Like all she adorns, these flowers must match everything else.

Lyth has a fine physique, and she knows it. Her narrowing waist is perfectly sized in ratio to her hips, but it would not do well not to show this. Though she is constantly replacing her clothing, often to the expense of the lovers, Lyth usually adorns her figure with fine, flowing dresses. The necklines are always low, making her chest quite noticeable. Depending on the weather, the length of the dresses varies. In summer she favours short dresses, showing her lovely, long legs, while the chill of winter forces her to seek something longer. To cover her feet she possesses a few pairs of shoes, which are too changing to match her garments.

Though Lyth is constant changing her selection of clothing, there is but one dress that remains in her possession. The fabric, being a mixture of silk and spilk, is dyed a rich, deep red, contrasting perfectly against her hair. Its length is generous, covering her legs completely. The skirt of the dress widens considerably, and looks very similar to that of an extravagant dress of a noblewoman. The bodice of the dress however is more in her usual style, revealing and using little fabric. The dress hugs her waist tightly, accented by pure spilk trimmings wrapped around her torso. Often she wears this garment with no footwear whatsoever, but for practicality’s sake she owns a pair of simple, but still beautiful, flat-soled slippers, red in colour.

As many would guess, travelling in this opulent dress is extremely impractical, and as such Lyth carries with her an outfit of close-fitting garments. Tight, brown leather pants and a soft linen shirt show every curve of her body. On her feet she wears high leather boots, ending just below the knee, with black trimmings on the top and running down the outer sides and a slight raised heel. Over her shirt she occasionally adorns an equally tight coat, short in length. Even without her finery, Lyth still looks irresistible to many men and can entice them all the same.

Personality
Love, is it ever true? Lyth had thought so once. She was in love with the man of her dreams, and he loved her back.

- Loves being the centre of attention
- Sadistic
- Has a dislike of humans, but that doesn't mean she won't 'use' men
- Somewhat cold, but excellent at disguising it
- Actor
- Usually shares the company with men, rather than women
- Self-centred and self-adoring
- Her morals have been marred

Strengths
Fire Magic ~ As a level three fire mage, Lyth has a good understanding of the knowledge involved with the first sphere of fire magic, and in particular fire enchantment. She enjoys manipulating the ways of the heart above all, though has some skill with the physical aspects of her element.  Being only able to practice magic in the first sphere, Lyth is limited to affecting the affinity to fire an object has.  This allows her to strengthen, or if desired weaken, the emotions of lust, anger or fear in a person’s mind, if already present, or create heat or light, or even take away ones life.  Lyth uses her magic to survive, without it she would be unable to remain ‘occupation-less’.

Beauty ~ Lyth is quite obviously, a fine example of beauty. From her opulent, cascading hair, to her curved hips, there is little about the elfess that does not speak of beauty. Her delicate care of this beauty helps to cover all that isn’t beautiful enough for her taste. And it is this beauty that helps her get what she wants.  It is indeed a difficult task to resist such a lovely looking woman, especially when she is aided by magic.

Education ~ Elving was a wonderful place, and one of the biggest gifts it gave Lyth was her education. To read and write, nothing better could she receive. Her time spent at Ximax improved these teachings to astonishing levels. Having this knowledge of literacy signifies a superiority over those unable to read or write. Without this knowledge, Lyth would never have been able to study magic, and without magic she would not be much at all.

Knife ~ From an early age Lyth learnt that her beauty could be a hindrance the same way it helped. Many a man has coveted her because of her beauty and chosen to seek her for himself. But Lyth only joins with those she chooses, and sees these others as annoyances. Their longing gazes are pleasant enough, for they remind Lyth of the way she looks, but any further movements from these men are much to her distaste. While fire magic has allowed Lyth to combat this problem, prior to learning such skills, Lyth relied on a knife. Her first was a simple blade, and it was never needed for more than appearance. Lyth later replaced this knife with a more appropriate one for her visage. The elfess has had no training with this weapon, nor believes she needs it. In her mind, thrusting a blade is more than easy enough. More often than not, all she need do is brandish her blade, but she is capable to use it if this is not enough.

Weaknesses
Lust ~

Vanity ~ Being pleasing to the eye is something Lyth holds in high regard. Though naturally she is extremely striking and beautiful, she does not see her beauty in perfection. An almost constant care of her image is undertaken that she remains such a successful lust-evoker. This vanity finds Lyth, or more often others, spending extravagant revenue on her beauty, meaning she must ‘work’ to not only survive, but to receive such luxuries. But many men are more than willing to buy lavish dresses and such, as long as they get their reward. All Lyth has to do is find them.

Money Lust ~ There is one thing in this world Lyth loves as much as herself, and that is money. She craves it like a drug, and like an addict uses it in the without thought of the consequences. Without a sustanable occupation giving her steady income, Lyth seek out money from others, living off them. Her parastic ways leave her life instable, as she only stays with men for as long as there burses remain full and when they grow no longer find her 'love' adequate payment for her outrlandish spending they cast her off and she must find a new man. This leaves her regularly travelling, and time in between men can often be difficult for her lavish demands.

Magic
Befitting of her name, Lyth practices the passionate applications fire. While studying the magic of this element, Lyth focused on the spiritual representation of the school of fire, fulfilling her desires. Though, again benefiting her vindictive motives, the elfess studied a select few physical spells. Her most prominent application of this magic is the manipulation of others' emotions. Whether this is to invoke jealousy between two lovers, or to seduce one of her own, Lyth relishes the power that this magic brings.

As a level three mage, Lyth is competent in the skills involved with the first sphere of magic. Due to her elven blood, the elfess studied these first three levels in great detail. Spending extra time on study, Lyth gained a more in depth skill with her select spells. Progressing through the first couple of levels, Lyth spent more time on learning the principals than specific spells. Her desire was not in creating light, or controlling flames, but rather in controlling the fire in ones heart.

With no official occupation, Lyth relies on her magic to get what she needs. Though she may achieve her devious goals in many ways, her favourite method not only gets her what she needs, but fulfills her lustful cravings. By concentrating on the target’s cár'áll, the enchantress increases the influence of fire on the person. She focuses on the fiery property of passion, and specifically lustful passion. Having had much practice with this magic, Lyth can target those up to a few peds away. The magess is able to cast the spell in a few blinks, but as soon as she stops the effects gradually weaken. To entice her targets, Lyth must establish eye contact, lest they fall for another. Though this is to her advantage, as her large, exotic eyes help her allure them in the customary fashion. Her overall beauty aids this spell, as it is hard for one to resist such exotic splendour. Lyth knows that her spells rely on her will to be stronger than her targets’. For this reason, as well as Lyth’s self-obsession, the elfess spends tremendous amounts of time caring for her appearance. Without this beauty, some of the more restrained men would surely not comply with her desires.

Incantations that betray the mind are a favourite for the elfess. Again, these are all to serve her own agenda. Being such a passionate woman, Lyth seems to have a natural talent for the manipulation of this property. But passion is such a vast area, and there are so many ways she can manipulate it. Anger, lust, obsession, enthusiasm are but a few different emotions able to be manipulated. But increasing passion is not the only method fire reigns over. By lessening the influence of fire in ones mind, and focusing on weakening the beings passion, Lyth leaves the mind weak and open to influence. With the mind weak, Lyth is free to increase any fear already present. This spell is dangerous and potentially harmful, but Lyth usually cares little for her targets, especially when they are non-elven; they are but tools.

But Lyth is no fool. She knows it would be unwise to focus only on the spiritual aspects, and she probably never would have advanced past the first level. Though she does not focus on physical applications, she does not shirk them. Certain physical spells have their uses. The favourite of the elfess is the Grip of the Malefic, and Lyth has used it on more than one occasion when perhaps she does not care for coitus at the moment. Such an attractive elf is bound to get some unwanted attention, and there are times when even a person as lustful as Lyth does not want it. Though death may seem a bit over-reactive to some, Lyth guards herself well.

History
Place of Birth  The City of Elving, The Zeiphyrian Forests

Day of Birth  16th day of the Alé'veván (Singing Bird)

Childhood
I don’t really remember much of my childhood.  I know I was born on the 16th day of the Alé'veván, and mother used to tell me the sun was shining brightly when I came to her. I do remember my mother’s smile. She was always smiling whenever I saw her; she said it was because of me. I don’t really remember my father though, I never really knew him. I can’t even remember his face anymore, but mother says I have the same eyes as him. I know his name, Ilarólvaí Eférmerín, husband of Shatíaiá, but there is not much else I can remember of him. I don’t even remember the day he died anymore, I was only nine at the time. Mother told me it was an accident; he had slipped from a tree. She always cried when she spoke of him, saying that he was a good climber and not one bit clumsy.  My mother’s smiles stopped for a while.

Like Etherus Himself
And there he stood, as beautiful as Etherus himself...

You Never Said Goodbye

Hunting

Weapons
Lyth caries with her but one weapon; a carefully concealed knife. Short is its blade, only just able to prove fatal. Having only ever been used on a few odd occasions, the blade has remained clean, if not a little dull. But like everything Lyth owns, the knife must have beauty.  Though the blade is plain, as is the smooth wooden handle, the scabbard in which it is held holds the necessary beauty.  Smooth, dark leather encases the blade, and etched into this leather are flames, rising from the hilt. These flames are dyed a dark, rich red. However, this beauty is rarely seen, as Lyth hides this knife under the luxurious cloth of her elegant dresses, strapped very high up on her thigh. Lyth has never actually received any training with this weapon, but what skill is needed in thrusting a blade.

Belongings
~ A few opulent dresses, often being replaced. They are usually in a smooth, flowing style, pulled tightly to show her figure.  There is one dress though that she always keeps. Red in colour, it off sets perfectly against her hair and eyes.
~ A few flowers to match her dress.
~ A tight fitting shirt, pants and coat. Worn when dresses are impractical.
~ Various lotions, pastes and creams for beauty care.
~ A bone hair comb.
~ A few small pouches filled with reagents.
~ Another pouch containing enough coin to live by before a suitable lover can be found.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:08:59 AM by Mannix » Logged

See Etherus dance within your heart. He dances for me.
~ Lyth ~
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

Befitting of her name, Lyth practices the passionate applications fire. While studying the magic of this element, Lyth focused on the spiritual representation of the school of fire, fulfilling her desires. Though, again benefiting her vindictive motives, the elfess studied a select few physical spells. Her most prominent application of this magic is the manipulation of others' emotions. Whether this is to invoke jealousy between two lovers, or to seduce one of her own, Lyth relishes the power that this magic brings.

As a level three mage, Lyth is competent in the skills involved with the first sphere of magic, only lacking the knowledge of the fourth level.<-After the comma is completely unneeded and makes very little sense. Due to her elven blood, the elfess studied these first three levels in great detail. Spending extra time on study, Lyth gained a more in depth skill with her select spells. Progressing through the first couple of levels, Lyth spent more time on learning the principals than specific spells, as her desire was not in creating light, or controlling flames, but rather in controlling the fire in ones heart.<-- I like this last sentence, although it should be broken into two.

With no official occupation, Lyth relies on her magic to get what she needs. Though she may achieve her devious goals in many ways, her favourite method not only gets her what she needs, but fulfils<-- fulfills her lustful cravings. By concentrating on the target’s, or multiple targets’, cár'áll, the enchantress increases the influence of fire on the person. She focuses on the fiery property of passion, and specifically lustful passion.<--Multiple targets would be an affect over an area car'all, with more random results. A third level mage could not focus their will upon multiple car'allia. Having had much practice with this magic, Lyth has moved beyond the need of touch to establish a link for this spell.<-- Touch is not needed under most uses of fire incantations, although close proximity is probably helpful. The magess is able to cast the spell in a few blinks, but as soon as she stops the effects gradually weaken. To entice her targets, Lyth must establish eye contact, lest they fall for another. Though this is to her advantage, as her large, exotic eyes help her allure them in the customary fashion. Her overall beauty aids this spell, as it is hard for one to resist such exotic splendour. Lyth knows that her spells rely on her will to be stronger than her targets’. For this reason, as well as Lyth’s self-obsession, the elfess spends tremendous amounts of time caring for her appearance. Without this beauty, some of the more restrained men would surely not comply with her desires.

Enchantments<--Enchantments are different than Incantations, as they have a longer lasting affect, if not permanent. Hence this should be incantations. that betray the mind are a favourite for the elfess. Again, these are all to serve her own agenda. Being such a passionate woman, Lyth seems to have a natural talent for the manipulation of this property. But passion is such a vast area, and there are so many ways she can manipulate it. Anger, lust, obsession, enthusiasm are but a few different emotions able to be manipulated. But increasing passion is not the only method fire reigns over. By lessening the influence of fire in ones mind, and focusing on weakening the beings passion, Lyth leaves the mind weak and open to influence. With the mind weak, Lyth is free to increase any fear already present. This spell is dangerous and potentially harmful, but Lyth usually cares little for her targets, especially when they are non-elven; they are but tools.

But Lyth is no fool. She knows it would be unwise to focus only on the spiritual aspects, and she probably never would have advanced past the first level. Though she does not focus on physical applications, she does not shirk them. Certain physical spells have their uses. The favourite of the elfess is the Grip of the Malefic, and Lyth has used it on more than one occasion when perhaps she does not care for coitus at the moment. Such an attractive elf is bound to get some unwanted attention, and there are times when even a person as lustful as Lyth does not want it. Though death may seem a bit over-reactive to some, Lyth guards herself well.
Looking good Cárlýth!
~Sincerely~
Cáo fá cár'tuulén:Twen Araerwen
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:53:14 PM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »

I noticed you are carrying a knife, so just to let you know - don't forget to add any skill with it to the strengths. With that, don't forget to add some sturdy strengths as well ^.~

But I know you are not finished so this is simply a reminder

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Lyth
New Santharian

Elf ~ Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »

Oh yeah. Thanks Kali, I always forget that on my own CDs. Hopefully I can get those strengths and weaknesses finished off now that I can think again.

~ Lyth ~
Lyth
New Santharian

Elf ~ Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »

~ Bump ~ Lets see if I can finally get this finished.

~ Lyth ~
Jeréth Ancalídormis
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »

the artist, Marta Dahlig, whom I know, of that image doesn't allow use of it without her promission, please remove it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 03:55:45 PM by Jeréth Neámelór » Logged

Lyth
New Santharian

Elf ~ Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »

I am sorry. I did not realise this was Marta's artwork. I originally got it off a different site than deviantART, and so I didn't know it was drawn by Marta. I have now found it on deviantArt and have asked permission from Marta to use it as a portrait. Hopefully she says yes, otherwise it will mean a lot of searching for me. buck

~ Lyth ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]