Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Twigga Knosst | Mullog | Cook  (Read 7466 times)
Mannix
Ranger of Shadow
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

I saw you wanted a bit of explanation, Twigga, so let's see what I can do.

As a general rule, any weapon is a strength, whether you know how to use if or not. For example, owning a knife is definitely going to give you an advantage over someone who only have their fists, even if you don't know how to use it. So if she can use her teeth and nails as weapons, not matter how ineptly, then they are strengths.

Yep, quite a few stories are in cities or taverns, but there are also some that aren't, so hunting could come in useful. And even if there wasn't anywhere hunting could be useful, if it is a skill an average person doesn't have you should still list it. For example, if you had a gnome then you could list speaking Gnomic as a strength, but in a story it is very unlikely it will help you. But still, it might, you never know. And even if it didn't, anything that is something an average person doesn't have is a strength. If its not going to come in useful then its just not a very big one.

Hopefully that helps, and makes a bit of sense. I'm not sure I even understand myself most of the time so if something sounds a bit odd, please do tell and I'll try again. But basically, those two things Fu pointed out should indeed be strengths. :)

Mannix

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Mannix Vaelos ~ Character Creation Help ~ FAQs ~ Restrictions
Twigga Knosst
Simple Little Cook
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

I understand now. Thank you for explaining it so well Mannix! I'll come up with a few new Weaknesses as well.

Twigga Knosst
Simple Little Cook
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »

Okay! I'm pretty sure that I've got everything covered now, if someone could look over it I would be really grateful! Changes are in yellow, except for the Strengths and Weaknesses parts that I changed. I couldn't figure out how to make the lists yellow... :P Pretty much I just touched up most of the s&w's and added one or two, including the hunting and plant knowledge strengths and the racial differences weakness. If you find that I'm too overpowered, *please* tell me! I've been trying to plump up my weaknesses section and prune my strengths, but if it's not enough, I can do more! heart

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

Hi Twigga,

I seem to have a bit of free time today, so I'll comment on your CD.  My suggestions/comments are going to be in blue, which is the colour of the NSW Rugby League team which is going to lose to QLD in the State of Origin again this year! Just as warning, I'm not really an expert on mullogs, so I won't comment much on them.

Twigga Knosst

Name
Twigga Knosst
(line space in here)

Race
Mullog

Occupation
Cook. Twigga is still learning, but she is a pretty fair cook and baker; she learned from her mother and female relatives in the Silvermarshes. Now, outside of her childhood home in the swamp, she looks for kitchen work wherever she can, and earns a fair amount of money in this manner. Did you mean that she earned a fair amount of money or is it referring to kitchen work?

Title
Simple Little Cook

Height
2 fores, 1 palmspan

Weight
you don't have a weight as yet

Hair Color
Twigga is bald, save her eyebrows.

Eye Color
a darker Eophran brown

Physical Appearance
A short body stands at a fiery hearth, stirring something in a pot, but her back is facing you and you cannot see what it is. You notice with alarm that her head is bald,  dark tan, and heavily freckled with dots that are a lighter shade of tan brown than the underlying color; somehow you get the impression that if you touched her head, it would feel tough.  A stocky physique, a typical slightly out of proportion mullog body type- her hairless head is rather large compared to the rest of her body, and if you laid out her arms and legs, unconnected, side by side, you would find that her arms are nearly as long as her legs. She wears an animal skin kirtle but stands on bare, hard-soled feet. Finally she notices that someone is standing behind her, and she whirls around, uttering a small cry that reveals sharp, pointed teeth. She snatches a dark blue scarf out of her pocket and, staring wildly at you in fright with sandy brown eyes all the while, ties it around her head with her square little hands. The little person -what race, after all, does she belong to? Although she might pass for a human child, you're not sure- fidgets with her dress, gaping at you intently with wide eyes. At last you realize- she's frightened, or something like it. Well, no need to panic her further. You slowly back out of the kitchen. What a strange little person. I really like the above paragraph! Well done. Would you consider splitting it into two, perhaps? It just seems a little long to me.

Twigga has no hair on her head, (which creates the appearance of a large forehead) but has accentuated eyebrows of a honey-yellow color. They would be near unnoticeable with a normal complexion, (such as peach or apricot) but with Twigga's light brown-green skin, they are easily perceptible. Underneath the eyebrows are two large eyes of a common, dusty dark brown color. They are almost perpetually widened in surprise and often take on a strange expression– alternately interpreted as vacant or dreamy. Twigga has excellent vision during both night and day. She has a small, somewhat upturned, perky nose, thin mouth, and petite chin. Her ears are round and little, which makes them look a bit odd in contrast with her large, hairless head. Twigga's teeth and fingernails are sharp, and though she can use them for hunting by themselves, she heartily prefers not to do so. Despite this minor "glitch," in the human definition, she can pass for charming.

The mullog girl's voice is the voice of youth, unripe, undeveloped, and bordering on a high pitch. She has an accent from her recent days in the Silvermarshes, which sometimes hinders her when she is having a hard time expressing something in Tharian, her very second language. When speaking in Tharian, her sentences are a bit choppy, but at least she can communicate! When very frightened or startled, she will lapse back into the language of mullogs. It normally takes an hour or two, or at least time for her to calm down, for her to regain her Tharian. The latter language is the only other language she knows besides her native tongue, and she has only begun speaking it in the past two years, which explains those unfortunate lapses.

Overall, I really like your description here ... it makes her seem quite 'alive' to me.

Clothing
Twigga makes her clothes out of animal hides like the rest of her race, but a small influence of the humans has pervaded her style of clothing; she fashions her clothing a bit more decoratively and in accustom I'm not really sure that 'accustom' fits here. If I'm understanding properly, you are saying her clothes are influenced by human fashions and is not standard mullog attire. Would 'is similar' rather than 'in accustom' fit better? to the human sense of attire. The mullog girl outfits herself in only dresses, usually made out of animal skins, but sometimes she wears crude kirtles of mediocre wool, or, if times are especially hard, burlap. The majority of the time Twigga prefers to go barefoot, but she does own and wear a pair of leather sandals; in the colder months, she dons a pair of crude but warm moccasins. On her head she always wears a scarf, which are almost always a dark color– dark brown, shady green, low warm red. And it is truly alwaysspace after 'always'– Twigga, being Twigga, thinks that to go bare-headed is immodest.

Once again, I love your description here, Twigga!

Personality
Twigga, Twigga, Twigga. She is oblivious to things that one should easily see. Her forte is the basic lifespace after 'life'– hunting, cleaning, and most of all, cooking. Complex or out of the ordinary things simply evade her; she is best suited to life in the Silvermarshes. "Simple" describes her well; though unmindful of exceptionable, uncommon happenings, she is down-to-earth and works very well with her hands.

Twigga has a bit of an inferiority complex. Feelings of inadequacy and smallness constantly flood her whenever she is around non-mullogsspace after mullogs, I think– which is much of the time. The only time this deflating deluge of emotions ceases is when the girl is cooking or in the Silvermarshes. Still,I'm not sure the 'Still,' is needed here ... I'd suggest starting the sentence with a capital 'T' for the the barrier of inferiority feelings can occasionally be broken when Twigga becomes close enough friend with a non-mullog.

Despite her feelings of lowliness around most, Twigga needs companionship just as much as anybody else, and though she is hardly a conversationalist –space before 'she'she much prefers to listen, and hardly talks at all, even by herselfspace after 'herself'– she often craves friendly company. But she is young and still has an active imagination, and so when she cooks, sometimes she pretends that, say, that boiling pot of water over there is talking to her. It's childish, but pleases her and keeps her from becoming too lonely, so she continues her little fantasies.

Twigga is quite literal, possessing a quiet, nearly non-existent sense of humour. Being in any sarcastic company puts her at a slight disadvantage because she does not catch the humour in the conversation and believes every single word, no matter how laced with sarcasm it is; this adds to her often wide-eyed expression. She can and does laugh, but never at jokes, no matter how blatantly obvious they are.

Twigga is a great admirer of beauty. If she sees a person or object that she regards as beautiful she will often stop whatever she is doing to admire and marvel at it its loveliness, although it is rare that she remarks on it to that person or the object's owner. There is no particular motivation for this trait, as she does regard everything she is accustomed to as attractive.  Any examples of what she finds attractive? Or is that something you'd rather leave for when you get into roleplaying?

The girl is an introvert and takes tremendous comfort and happiness in being by herself, whether it is in nature's beauty or in the kitchen. She does like to have company, as abovementioned, but definitely is not sociable. Maybe take out the ' as abovementioned,' from the last sentence. To me, it doesn't really seem to add anything additional to the CD.

One thing one would notice about Twigga is that she loves to be told stories. As a child, she followed the community storyteller around whenever he was in her family's area. Something about a good, well-told story enthralled her, captured her mind. Listening to a story, she was whatever the hero was. She was brave, she was heroic, she was strong, she was a hero. While the story lasted she could do anything. So in her travels if she comes across a good raconteur, she will linger and all but adhere to him, anything for a good tale.

Twigga is very trusting, a result of both her young age and simply her nature. Shrewdness and wariness will come with time, but for now they are just beginning to sprout within her. She has been mugged and taken advantage of several times in her travels, (due to her slight size and trusting temperament) but never molested... likely because she is not attractive in that way to the non-mullog eye.

Perhaps it is this trusting nature that makes her so religious. Whatever it is, Twigga has deep and profound belief. HerrThe second r is not needed here connection to her ancestors is strong, and she is very aware and dedicated to Eru.

Strengths and Weaknesses
Strengths

* Twigga has the ability to multitask, a skill especially valued in the kitchen. She can divert her attention between the many tasks of cooking and still do them well. Needless to say, she's very efficient because of this.

* As aforesaid, this girl is very practical.Maybe just 'This girl is very practical. She easily grasps solutions to problems around the home, and is very capable of making (traps, et cetera) and fixing (parts of wagons or carts, broken cooking utensils).
    * She's also blessed with a strong constitution, and being tough. A large part of it is because she is a mullog, but her family has had abnormally sturdy health since anyone can remember. The common cold, fever, or flu does not affect her unless it is abnormally vicious- she's grateful for this because it prevents her from accidentally infecting anyone who eats her cooking while she is sick.
    * Weapons and weapon skills
           ~With nails like razors and teeth like arrowheads, Twigga is never without weapon. They are her most trusted friends, always there if for some reason she is unable to use her blowpipe. Though the blowpipe is her preferred weapon for hunting, if all else fails she can always fall back on these handy parts of her body.
           ~A trusty willow tube used by the mullog more than her nails and teeth, her blowpipe is kept within easy reach in her jangling, utensils-ridden pack. Although she would use it to defend herself when possible, larger animals are usualy the ones who fall victim to the sharp, needle-like darts speeding from its wooden interior... and, ultimately, ending up in the cooking pot.
           ~Life as a mullog in the Silvermarshes has given Twigga exemplary skills in hunting, and she uses them to her advantage. Most often she has no need to buy meat from vendors or other hunters, opting to go hunting herself, saving the money and the time- she is an efficient huntress, using tips and time-saving devices learned from her life in the Silvermarshes.Is this meant to be as a subset of Weapons and Weapon Skills? Or is it a main strength like multitasking, strong constitution and flora knowledge. To me, hunting is not the same as weapon skills
    * Even as a small child, Twigga would run errands for her mother or older female relatives, who would send her, if not to a plant vendor, out into the marsh forest or wherever to fetch plants and herbs for to add to whatever they were cooking. As a result, she her knowledge of flora grew extensively throughout her childhood and early adolescence, and she frequently uses it in her trade,  although the usefulness of this knowledge depends on what area she is travelling inspace after 'in'- different plants grow in different places.
Only one space needed between this and Weaknesses

Weaknesses

* Perhaps you've noticed by now that Twigga has something of an inferiority complex. It prevents her from socializing with most people, since normally there aren't a whole lot of mullogs around for her to talk to. Because of this rift, Twigga must exert her pitiful, sporadic sociable moments on her cooking utensils or whatever happens to be in her cooking pot at the moment, and, needless to say, these can prove to be a bit unfullfilling.

* Since Twigga is hardly fierce or protective of herself -far from it![color]space before far and after it![/color]- she seems to be a mute but standing invitation for thieves to take advantage of her. Her size, character, and often just the look on her face make her vulnerable, and she's been mugged several times. And, of course, unless she thinks to defend herself with her blowpipe, she's too frightened to think or act and doesn't really fight back, so, yes, of course, why wouldn't you try snatch every possession of hers off her back if you were a thief?

* Even her broken language makes it sometimes difficult for her to communicate with people, and she in turn has a hard time understanding other people who have thick accents. In fact, in times of stress or fright, she will fall back into the mullog language, which makes it nearly impossible for people who wish to help her to figure out, sometimes, what is the issue and to aid her.
    * Like all mullogs, Twigga's body does not respond well to alcohol. She uses it sparingly in her cooking, and then only if the food is for non-mullogsspace after non-mullogs- the consequences for drinking alcohol for her are alarming. After digesting perhaps half, possibly even a third, of what a human would drink to get an average hangover the next morning, she would suffer through a massive version of what the human would experiencespace after 'experience'- including one mother of a headache.
    * Socially ignorant as Twigga is, even she can't help noticing that she fits in in her travels like a stalk of lifereed among beds of sunflowers. Looking like an eerie, sickly little human child, her height, lush hair, and even just her ghostly quietness make her the object of scrutiny in her travels. Being the meek person she is, when confronted by inconsiderate non-mullogs, all she does is bob her bald, freckled head and scurry away as fast as she can.
One space here
Once again, I like your strength and weakness descriptions here ... the strengths, combined with her appearance and personality are really forming a clear picture of her in my mind.  My heart REALLY goes out to her. Most of the things I picked up on are really really minor. One more thing along those lines is the formatting. Between some strengths and weaknesses you have one line space, in others two, and in some, none. Just from an appearance thing, I suggest you pick one and go with that. Of course, the different spaces between strengths and weaknesses may have something to do with the list formatting you are using.

History
Basic Details
Original home: Ga-lum-be/Lower Marsh, Silvermarshes
General/most frequent family name: Knosst
Matriarch: Shalv
Father: Andog
Mother: Laondt
Siblings (eldest to youngest):

* Nestia (f.)
    * Breln (f.)
    * Drannen (m.)
    * Haunil (f.)
    * (Twigga)
    * Bero (m.)

Now for the telling...
"Don't pick me up, don't touch me, leave me alone, I want to do my own thing," was the attitude of Twigga Knosst's five siblings during their childhood. Not so with Twigga. She was the quiet fifth child, forever craving affection, loving to be held. Her favourite childhood game was to playing house, or whatever mullog variant of house mullog children played. Her siblings, cousins, and whatever other relations her age, rather scorned this game, but played along sometimes out of boredom. Drannen, however, was a kind brother to Twigga, and despite his rowdy nature put up with and joined in with her house gamespace after game- perhaps half-heartedly, 'tis true, but it meant much to his little sister.

Drannen was, conceivably, the closest sibling to Twigga, despite the noticeable difference in their personalities. He was rebellious, boisterous, and had a loud and rowdy wit; she was quiet, mild-mannered, and had little discernible sense of humour. She looked up to him, not only because he was older than her, but because she thought his character admirable. If you spotted Drannen, you knew that Twigga wouldn't be far behind.

Twigga also loved to be told stories. It didn't matter who told it, or what exactly it was about. Not even the moral, something valued by mullogs. Well, yes, the moral did matter to Twigga, but even more important than that, to her, was the story itself. In fact, as a child, her ultimate wish was to become a storyteller herself. As she grew older, however, her cooking skills grew to new levels, and this possible occupation soon faded into the background.

Drannen was, to say the least, independent. Rebellious. Defiant. Unruly. In many ways, the opposite of Twigga. It came as no surprise when he up and left the Silvermarshes. For no tangible reason at all! Only the unrest in his heart, the yearnings that tugged at him could account for it. It happened early in Twigga's fourteenth season, in the month of the Changing Winds. The only thing to fetter Drannen was a love for his folks and his people, and apparently his longing for change overcame even them. Who can truly say?

Needless to say, his little sister was astonished and miserable. Though she, with her stunted knowledge of emotions, could not verbally place the feeling, Twigga felt perhaps a little betrayed, and most definitely hurt. But overall, most strongly, a feeling of loneliness, and that vague, indefinable one... sadness. No one could replace her Drannen.My heart is really bleeding for her here :(

She moped about for a fortnight or so, devoting herself to cooking. It was probably here that her skills in this area started to seriously develop, and she began to feel an acute enjoyment in it. But Twigga could only distract herself for so long. The mullog lass had a simple mind, and in that simple mind one thing surfaced over and over. Drannen. Her brother probably did not realize how selfish his actions were, to cause so much pain in his family, and especially with his little sister, who he consciously had a close bond with. In any case, Twigga knew that she was feeling pain.
     This pain was caused by Drannen.
How, then, to make this pain disappear?
     Find the thing that was causing her pain.
Drannen was causing her pain.
     Then do what?
Find Drannen.

So, after completing this laborious thought process, Twigga set off to find her brother.

No easy task! He was only discovered missing at lunchtime the next day, due to the multitudes of mullog children and adolescents already milling around in their family, and even then, where could he have gone? Out of Nermeran? To the sea north of Nermeran? Twigga, certainly, was not sure. She probably did not even think of this detail.

But she was determined to find her brother, so she left– but in a different manner than her brother. Deeply attached to all family, she bade them goodbye, rather wetly, it must be said. Before leaving, her parents gave her an oval-shaped, lifereed talismanspace here– a goodbye present. Five shallow holes near the top, a long oval sideways underneath them, and a round circle at the other end; it had been made to look like the imprint of a foot. A simple talisman, but a sweet one. It was an amulet for peaceful travelling.

Putting one dusty foot down in front of the other, sometimes sandal-clad, more often bare, Twigga makes her journey. Though it has a thick leather cord, the travelling talisman she keeps in her pocket, her birth talisman hanging at her neck. The soft thud of her travelling staff remove second space hereon the road marks her passage. Sometimes taking lifts on wagons of kind farmers, sometimes taking ships when she needs to, the mullog follows her impossible quest to find Drannen. It is sad, but there is a strong layer of childishness in the whole thing. That Twigga believes that she could find her brother in the world, knowing his unrestive spirit, takes a lot of imagination and faith. Twigga has indeed a long way to go... both physically, and, moreso, emotionally. She may never be "clever," intellectually and verbally, but the world will aid her in the growth of her maturity.

Weaponry
Travelling staff
Twigga's staff, about one ped and three or four nailsbreadths, is used only for support when she is walking- she does not have the ability, nor the skill, to use it is a true weapon. It is of peace pine and is a sturdy, practical thing. Its rich, dark brown bark would normally have been rather rough, being from an evergreen tree, but it had been worn smooth and sanded by its maker for its user to grip it more comfortably. It is a bit thicker than a halfling staff, but not much- it must be easy for Twigga to grasp.

Teeth and nails
Twigga has a few physical characteristics that, when shown, make non-mullogs alarmed –or frightened, if you will–space before or and after will and often account for very awkward pauses in the rare conversations that she has with non-mullogs. For example, her teeth and nails. As said in the Physical Appearance section, they are pointed and very sharp, though she takes great care not to keep them too long. Though she rarely thinks of it, they can be used for self-defencespace after self-defence- say, when she's being mugged (an often enough occurrence). Like her kinsmen, she can use them for hunting if absolutely necessary, but does not like to, being of the opinion that using other weapons to hunt is more civilized.

What about the blowpipe you mentioned in her strengths, that should be included here as well, I believe

Belongings

* travelling staff
    * three waterskins
    * a pair of leather sandals
    * a knapsack

-cooking utensils
               -several dresses (see Clothing)
               -food to last about a week

* birth talisman (as well as her traveling one and several other talismans)

Twigga's Birth Talisman
Twigga's birth talisman is, naturally, made of lifereed. Its shape is that of a marsh willow's slender, blade-like leaf; carved with details like the real leaf's veins, branches, and spine, it could pass for an actual, but oddly-hued, willow leaf. It is a beautiful, yellow-white object suspended from a leather cord.

A really well written CD, in my opinion, Twigga, well done. I found it very easy to read and have a picture in my mind of what she looks like. No real problems with it, but I am not an expert on mullogs and assumed all of those details are correct, or will be looked at by others. Just a few minor things I picked up on that I raised throughout, mostly dealing with layout/spelling/grammar.

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Twigga Knosst
Simple Little Cook
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 04:44:37 AM »

Thanks for looking it over, Dek! I really appreciate it. heart

Comments welcome again!

Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 02:59:37 AM »

Hi Twigga,

I thought I'd say hello again, since I've been curiously waiting for this CD to be finished. I think it's exquisitely well-written. The passage in italics at the beginning of the Appearance section wasn't there when I last read this CD, was it? Anyway, it's fantastic!

I have only one comment. Last paragraph in the Personality:

Perhaps it is this trusting nature that makes her so religious. Whatever it is, Twigga has a deep and profound belief. Her connection to her ancestors is strong, and she is very aware and dedicated to Eru.

If I understand the Mullog Religion correctly, there is no single "god" called Eru. Rather, Eru is the mullog name for the spirit that inhabits every thing - every object, plant, animal, human, mullog, etc.

In general, Mullog religion is pantheistic (everything is inhabited by spirits), and has no highest god. So for a mullog, your sentence may sound as if Twigga was dedicated to her own soul ...

The ancestor worship, which you also mention, fits very well, though, I think. Revering her ancestors may also be a way for her to retain a spiritual connection to the home & community she left ... (just an idea).

Anyway, that was a small point. I'm sure Fionn would be happy to help if you've got questions on mullog religion, since she wrote the entry!

Sincerely, Fu

fionn
Prosaic Waif
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:42:36 AM »

Hey Twigga! it's great to see how beautifully this is turning out - Fu's right, you write brilliantly. I wanted to comment but couldn't find much to say. Fu's point about Eru, though, I feel I should probably chip in on, it's only a little point, but Eru in general isn't something that you could quite be "dedicated to", I understand your meaning, it's just maybe the phrasing that needs looking at. if you changed Eru to maybe something like "local Yotha" or "respectful of Eru and other spirits"? those are just thougts though. this is a great character Twigga, I can't wait to see her playing on the RP threads! Thumb up

"If it's teeth are longer than your fingers, for the Ancestors' sake, assume it doesn't want it's belly tickled..."
Fionn's CD
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 04:56:46 AM »

Or: "... she is very aware that every person has an Eru, whom she owes respect." --- ?

Just a suggestion, I'll get out of your thread now!  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:57:17 AM by Fu Luft » Logged

Twigga Knosst
Simple Little Cook
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »

Sorry I didn't respond right away- I saw your first recent post, Fu, but couldn't address it at the time. (Or else it was my inner secret writer laziness struggling to get out. All writers have some degree of laziness, only mine comes out quite a lot! ;))

Yes, that sentence is basically meant to be an example/elaboration of Twig's religious dedication. Unfortunately, pretty typically of myself, I put in awkward words. Thanks for pointing that out, my CD will be greater for it!

"Recognizing that every body, inanimate or breathing, is a temple for a spirit, she holds a deep respect for Eru, local Yotha, and other spirits."
'Kay, how's this? Too many commas? (I tend to do that blush) 'Spirit' used too much?

By the way, I want to mention how much I appreciate the efforts of you two, what with its plodding pace and mediocre writing. heart I always feel like a young kid handing a story to her parents, eager for their approval. (And that's in a good way!)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:22:56 AM by Twigga Knosst » Logged

fionn
Prosaic Waif
Approved Character

Mullog

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »

plodding pace and mediocre writing
what?  Shocked
Twigga, your CD is honestly a pleasure to read, you're a brilliant writer and have made a really fascinating character. I loved reading your CD, and I suspect most others who've read it feel similiarly.

"Recognizing that every body, inanimate or breathing, is a temple for a spirit, she holds a deep respect for Eru, local Yotha, and other spirits."
That's brilliant, couldn't have put it better myself. Thumb up I see no problems. Right, I've got to go now or I will be disemboweled. babye. heart

"If it's teeth are longer than your fingers, for the Ancestors' sake, assume it doesn't want it's belly tickled..."
Fionn's CD
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

A wonderfully endearing character! I absolutely love Twigga and the fact I could actually picture her throughout the entirety of the CD just as you wrote her. Personality and beyond. Quite well done!

~First Approval~

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »

*Peeks his head in to nod in agreement with Fionn and Kalina*

O Twigga, most modest of mullogs! I think this is a brilliant CD: Twigga is an intriguing and original character, and you've described her most elegantly and entertainingly.

(And I like your new sentence 10 times better than my own suggestion.)

Hope to see Twigga roleplaying soon! :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:34:26 PM by Fu Luft » Logged

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 05:10:38 AM »

Looks good to me. Here's your Second Approval.

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 05:17:17 AM »

Alrighty dear!

Titled and archived! Have fun!

:D

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »

Bringing back up so she can fix a sentence :D

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]