Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Miés'efér Lytherá, Elf, Tethinrhim tribe, Kaiér-kroín  (Read 8363 times)
Nox Echiiscuan
Macabre Marionette
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 03:08:52 AM »

All spelling and grammatical corrections will be made ravishing in red.
All comments will be made fierce in fuchsia.

Name:  Miés'efér Lytherá (loosely translates to "Poem of the Stars" in human dialect)

Race: Styreians(elves)

Tribe: Tethinrhim

Title: Kaiér-kroín (Highly trained war warrior of the Kaierian Army)

Appearance:

Height : Two peds

Weight: One pygge and two hebs

Hair color and style: Straight ruby red hair that usually hangs loosely down to the middle of her back.

Eyes:  Deep Hazel

Physical Description:
She is very beautiful and slim yet well formed.  Her ruby red hair, as beautiful and radiant as the setting sun, deep hazel eyes, and modest beautiful nose give away her Tethinrhim heritage. This elf<-comma like her counterparts<-comma is tall and slight of form. From head to toes she is beautifully formed. From small feminine shoulders and supple but not large breasts, to a well formed muscular bottom that tapers to long sinewy legs, she is the combination of feminine frailty and well developed muscles that so often is exemplified in elves.<-In the last five sentences you've used the word "form" four times, three times for the same thing. It's a bit repetitive. How about using a different word, such as "shape(d)", "body", "figure". Synonyms are definitely your friends.) Her small angular face accompanied by bright beautiful eyes, thin lips creased in a smile, a small nose, and pale complexion, again give off the appearance of frailty.  Kind, if a little blank, eyes and unreadable calmness accentuate her elven face in a way that inspires kindness in return .

Yet another sign of strength on her body can be found in the tattoos of Kaier signifying her as a Kaierian warrior all the way through the Kaiér-kroín level. The first tattoo one notices is the odd tattoo given to all young children of the Kaier, which consists of the Eye of Avá and a Tethinrhim symbol which represents her soul name. With each child the soul name is obviously different, and thus each persons tattoo is different. The other tattoos are tribal tattoos that mark advancement through out the ranks of Kaierian warriors, and to a foreigners eyes they appear to be nothing more than a bunch of tribal mumbo-jumbo.

Clothing:
Miés’efér wears the traditional everyday garb of the female Kaierian warriors. This consists of a brown piece of leather to cover the breasts, a short skirt of brown or green<-Which is it that she has? Brown or green?), and high<-How high? Thigh-high? Knee-high? Mid-shin?) flexible boots that are appropriate for all occasions. She differs from her fellow warriors, however, in that she does not wear the traditional leather armor to battle, but chooses rather to fight in her every day wear. The part of her dress that most catches ones eye is the brown leather belt that hangs loosely on her hips.  Adorning this belt on the left is a short sword, and on the right a light axe.  In between the two, all across her lower belly, are ten small throwing knives.  The belt alone leaves no doubt that she is an accomplished fighter. Though not a huge fan of jewelry, she wears a necklace consisting of a white gold chain that suspends a small golden flower embedded with red diamonds at a level just above the breasts. This necklace once belonged to her mother, so she is very fond of this particular piece of jewelry.

Personality:
Miés’efér is calm, introspective yet out spoken, confident, diligent and understanding, but she is lacking a little bit upstairs.  Never the wittiest<-comma she seldom understands the complexities of politics, and as a result she could never be a leader of men.  This is not to say that she is a sheep or a blind follower, but rather; it is to say that despite her demeanor she is incapable of intelligently leading groups of people. She makes up for her lacking intelligence by hard work and unyielding diligence. This hard work alone is the reason she was capable of becoming a member of the much respected Kaierian Warriors.

Miés’efér is one of the kindest hearted people one is likely ever to meet, and even more than she is kind, she is honest. With her kind and honest actions, she creates business relationships that are productive for both parties, and creates many new friendships every day.

Unlike the majority of her elven counterparts, she is very interested in the goings on of humans, and she therefore has ties to humans throughout the kingdom.  The mythical Ar’leiná is her hero.  In fact one could say that she is a disciple of this ancient elven hero.  It is her belief that all elves should follow the lead of Ar’leiná, and go out into the world to learn of the other peoples and their cultures.  Miés’efér finds the self-righteousness and stubbornness of her people to be both very distasteful and self-defeating. She can oft be found preaching the value of understanding and acceptance to all that will listen to her sometimes unintelligible ranting.

History:
Alẽzerii Lytherá and Torriẽl Burii of the Tethinrhim tribe,  gave birth to a daughter who they named Miés’efér Lytherá in the Auturian Woods, and due to irregular complications, Torriẽl died during labor.

Growing up without a mother was very difficult for this young elf, for even though her father loved her very much and was very kind, he did not understand the sometimes frail emotional being that a young girl can be.  She was therefore forced to shut away these emotions, and even in her elder years could never appropriately communicate complicated emotions such as love, anger, or sadness.<-This should be mentioned in her personality section, unless she overcame her inability to communicate complicated emotions.)

Miés’efér grew up wanting to, as her father did, become a Kaierian warrior. At the appropriate age of 30 she was accepted into the order as a Cáo-króin, or Child Warrior.  Though it usually takes a young elf three years to advance to the next level, Miés’efér took a full four years before she had mastered the knowledge of plant and animal life, as well as a knowledge of the history of the land and mastery of the beginning movements of the Iteh, that are necessary to advance to Tethin-króin.

Again, she worked very hard to master the necessary lessons of this status, and was therefore advanced to Asthár-króin, or Third Warrior status.  In the long nine years it took for her to advance through the first two levels she mastered plant names, animal names, the acrobatic Iteh she had been taught, hand to hand combat, and a history of the land.  As such, she thought herself smart, and was taught her first lesson in humility. Her audacity had reached the point where she actually argued with an instructor, and in a culture such as this, one simply did not get away with disrespecting his or her elders.  The instructor was right of course, and even worse she was almost kicked out of the Kaierian clan for lack of discipline. 

Due to her actions, she was not allowed advancement from the Third Warrior status until long after she had mastered all of the requirements to move on.  It was in fact not until ten years after she should have been advanced that she was allowed the honor of being called Pharanhé-króin, or Traveling Warrior.

During the stage of Traveling Warrior she learned much about the world outside the wood-elven culture.  As a Traveling Warrior, one must travel to a land and back to Ria. Miés’efér’s journey was short, but fraught with danger, as the land she traveled into was full of wood-elf hating humans. As a necessity for survival in this hostile land, she learned how to keep herself anonymous by doing little to attract attention.  This later served her well as she worked as a spy for the Kaierian Warriors.

Upon returning to Ria and sharing her experiences with the Avár'Soórn, she was advanced to the class of Zoúm-króin, or Home Warrior. She felt that nothing could stand between her and her goals, but once again she found herself being humbled. When she was advanced to the next class, Krói-króin, or War Warrior, she found that there was indeed something she wasn't able to master on shear force of will alone.  In this level the warriors are taught the advanced use of weapons such as; swords, bows, coóran’lóhs, scourges, crossbows, and all other weapons of warfare.  The most prestigious of these weapons in the world of wood-elves is the bow, and Miés’efér found its advanced uses to be very difficult to master.  It took her twenty whole years to master its uses, and when she had done so she took great pride in her newly mastered skill, but a long time passed before her peers quit jabbing her with jokes about not knowing how to use a bow.

As a master of weapons she was then allowed advancement to the class of Sýs'pharanhé-króin, or Second Traveling Warrior.  By this time she was at the age of 200 and had become a very respectable person in the Tethinrhim culture. For her second journey she traveled to Fá'áv'cál'âr, and discovered that there were still shadow elves living in this ghost of a city, and gained a new respect for the refusal of these elves to give up their lands and culture.

At the age of 250 she was given the final advancement to Kaiér-kroín, or Highly Trained War Warrior class, and was accepted in the Kaierian warriors as a full member.

Throughout the next 150 years, she was a part of many successful campaigns against the invasion of the Tethinrhim people, and this time was marred by only one occasion.  At the age of 284 she was sent on a mission as a spy to the humans of Enthronia.  While carrying out this simple mission, she suffered a terrible fall from atop a high tree.  When she regained consciousness afterwards she found herself crippled and trapped in a healing room for three months.  The Elven Healers worked hard on her, but as this injury was a spinal injury, there was little even they could do.  She was eventually able do almost all that she was prior capable of doing, but never again did she have the endurance that she once possessed. Indeed she could fight a battle, but any more than a couple of hours of fighting would render her crippled, and thus she would remain for up to several days. Even more disheartening though was the loss of her control over her left arm, as this rendered her completely incapable to useing a bow.<-She lost control of her left arm? As in, it does whatever it wants? :P Or, do you mean that it just sort of... hangs there? If so, I think you should mention this in your appearance section. A dead left arm is something that people would notice after a little bit of full-out staring, I think.)  As a result of many years of diligent work and physical therapy, she gradually got better, but even now, 116 years later, she is only a fragment of the physical being that she once was.  Throughout the course of these one-hundred fifty years, only one other thing of real consequence to her took place; that is her father was able to return to the earth when she was 321, and though she missed him dearly she was very happy that he was able to meet such a peaceful ending. It was right before his death that he gave her the beautiful necklace that had belonged to her mother.

Though she is very beautiful, she had very few relationships with the opposite sex over the course of her life, and none of those turned into something of a lasting nature. Miés’efér thought many times that this was all for the better, but that didn’t keep her from feeling very lonely at times.

Strengths:
-As a Kaierian warrior, she is very proficient with the coóran’lóh.  This weapon helps her to defend against surprise attacks, as well as serves as a last resort in a tough situation.

-Being the type of fighter that prefers quick and accurate attacks, she trained much throughout the course of her years in training with the short sword, and is quite capable of defending herself against most foes with its use.

-Through the everyday routine practice of Iteh she is very fast, acrobatic and agile, which makes every action from daily life to warfare easier for her body to handle.

-Through the lesson of experience taught her in her first stage of Traveling Warrior, she is good at blending in with different crowds, and is therefore capable of avoiding trouble, and acting as a spy.

-She is also quite proficient with a light axe, and often chooses to fight with this instead of a short sword.  Again, this weapon is especially useful while trying to achieve quick agile attacks.

-As a result of losing the use of her left hand, and thus the use of a bow, she worked hard at mastering the techniques of throwing knives.  She is now deadly and accurate with these weapons.  This of course is no match for the bow, but it helps to close the gap created by her useless arm.

Weaknesses:
- Having had no mother figure, and also having been raised a Kaierian warrior, she is in many ways emotionally inept. It is not really that she has no emotion, but rather that she has a very hard time expressing that emotion in a productive way.  In other words she bottles her emotions up, and is prone to outbursts in times and towards people that don't warrant such reactions.<-As I mentioned in your history section, this should be in your Personality section as well.)

-Due to her near death experience caused by falling out of a tree she is prone to crippling back spasms that often occur at the most inopportune times.  As far as she and the healers can tell these are not caused by specific actions, but rather the combinations of actions and strain over extended periods of time.

- Also as a result of her accident she has a completely useless left arm. This of course renders her incapable of wielding any two-handed weapons, and most especially the bow.  Not being able to use a bow not only hinders her strength as a fighter, but also makes hunting for food a serious challenge.

-As yet another result of her accident she has a nigh uncontrollable fear of heights.  Even the smaller trees climbed by the children of Tethinrhim, cause her to break out in a cold sweat. This of course renders her useless as a spy in many cases, and has in turn lowered her standing amidst the other warriors.

-Especially for an elf, she is lacking in brute physical strength, and though she is very fast, this combined with a useless left arm and crippling back spasms can obviously be a severe disadvantage. The least of which is that even if she so chose to due to her diminished status of<-remove as a soldier, she would have a very hard time finding a job as a physical laborer.

-Finally, she is not the smartest person ever to grace the world of Caelereth, and as such she is often fooled in to accepting business deals that might not be to her advantage. There are many other obvious reasons that a lack of intelligence is a weakness.

Weapons:
-A coóran’lóh in each boot. (when the boots are tapped together in a specific way blades pop out of the toe of the boots.)
-A short sword
-A light axe
-Throwing knives

Belongings:
-Sack of gold coins
-Her mother's white gold, and red diamond necklace.
-A light roll of stuffed cloth for bedding
-A large hunting knife

As a Kaierian warrior she has little need of many belongings aside from weapons, and an even smaller need of work creatures such as horses

Okay. All done. It's quite possible that I missed somethings, though. It's hard to give someone a quick uri-check while babysitting a kid that's just started teething. Eek! But I do what I can. I'll be sure to give your CD another look through once I get home. For now, integrate all of my comments which- lets face it- shouldn't be all that huge of a task, there are barely any comments there.

Bobspeed,
heart ~ Nox ~ heart
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:10:18 AM by Nox Belle » Logged

Miés'efér Lytherá
Kaiér-kroín
Approved Character

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 04:10:17 AM »

Thank you, Nox, for your comments.  They are all integrated.  grin

Mifer

Poem of the Stars is my name, and I hope to reach Santharian fame.
Miés'efér Lytherá
Kaiér-kroín
Approved Character

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 05:37:19 AM »

Now that my entire CD is pink, meaning I've changed the entire thing per request by Mods, it's gotta be close to approval right?  Huh?

Mifer

Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 06:41:42 AM »

Well, I must say this is a LOT better than the first version of your character! Well researched, well balanced... I have nothing to complain about. I have just one minor (MINOR!) question. Your name, does it mean 'poem of the stars' or 'poet of the stars'? Does it mean the thing written or the person writing it? I've been wondering about that... ;)

But anyway, like I said, that's just really minor, so... drumrolls please...
*rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
First approval!  With extra bunnies! Pet

Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art
Simonne Miller
Nox Echiiscuan
Macabre Marionette
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

I have no complaints. ^_^ Woot.

PetPetPet~Second Approval~PetPetPet

Miés'efér Lytherá
Kaiér-kroín
Approved Character

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 06:11:15 AM »

Thank you both for your approvals.  Yay!!!!!!!! clap clap

BTW- I do believe I have translated it correctly, Kinda.  "Miés'efér" means Star and "Lytherá" means poem. So literaly it means Star Poem, which can be inferred to mean Poem of the Star, I think.

Thanks again,
Mifer

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

Go ahead and remove the color from your CD, and I will get you Titled and Archived :)

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Miés'efér Lytherá
Kaiér-kroín
Approved Character

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »

The color is gone. Thanks again to everyone who helped me get this thing finished. I am excited to play the game. grin Which game would be best for a CD such as mine?  Huh?

Keep Dreaming,
Mifer

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 06:15:34 AM »

The game is up to you, and which appeals or which is open.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 06:18:27 AM »

And titled!

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]