Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to Ximax  (Read 26675 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2009, 03:14:01 AM »

Capher had tried to keep his true appearance hidden from the old man but the man after hearing from whom Capher assumed was his daughter told him that he was a lizard, the man instead of leaving walked around and stared at him. He began yelling at him, calling him a coward and threatening to tell the academy. The old man,heiro, Capher thought the young girl had called him still thought that Capher was an academy mage gone amok.

Capher was uncertain what to do. He certainly could not mind talk to the man; that could cause more problems than it was worth, yet somehow Capher knew that this crotchety old man and his red-headed daughter were sent to help them. How? Capher did not know. The old man turned and left after his rant and ordered his daughter, Mimi, to come with him. However as Capher turned his head to look he saw that Mimi had a mind of her own and had become fascinated with Roosje and Inuya and was trying to talk to Roosje.

Why Ta'las nor Terra or even Talia did not speak up on their behalf he had no idea but Capher had one chance. He spoke to Roosje. Roosjie, tell the girl who we are. We need her and her father's assistance."

Capher hoped that Roosjie could convince the daughter and her father to help them.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2009, 06:31:39 AM »

Terra though still a little under shock and bewilderment of waking up to such strange surroundings and situation absently rubs Ta'las' arms as he shiver. She considers  asking what had happened, but seeing Capher eye the old man she thinks he may be of significance and attempts to stand stiffly using one of Ta'las' shoulders to aid her. She attempts to pursue the man, her stiff legs slowing her, her mind like her legs stiff in thought, it does not occur to her at first that the man may be a danger. Eventually both begin to wake, and as she begins to catch him in her pursuit, as the fact he may be dangerous reaches her cautiously she moves her hand closer to her Moonblade.

"Sir. I am not sure what friend may have done to anger you, but if I may ask how far we are from Ximax?"

Despite her call to the man he seems so caught up in his rage about whatever may have occured that he does not respond at all. Terra resides herself to not getting answers from him and stands considering what to do next. She decides to return to the clearing and her friends, she gives Ta'las a reassuring smile as she approaches Capher taking a seat on the log beside him.

"You don't look well my friend. Is there anything that can be done to help you?"

Her hand raises to rub in a gentle worried manner at his back seeming no more concerned by what she feels then worry for his health.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:19:49 PM by Terra Artemos » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2009, 02:27:17 AM »

Capher was waiting for Roosjie to tell the girl Mimi who they were and that they needed their assistance when Terra got up from off the ground and chased the old man, but did not seem to reach him, though he heard her yell for him. Perhaps the old man is a bit hard of hearing, Capher thought.

Terra came back, sat down next to him and rubbed his back and even asked him how he was! Capher was astonished! She could see that he was mostly a dragon but she seemed to have no fear. Was their group that tied together that no matter what happened they would know each other, even if their complete body would change? That was an intriguing idea and he would have to meditate on that. But for now he decided to mind speak to Terra and see what happens.

Terra, I have turned into my original form. I am astonished that you show no fear and that you seem to know me, though my appearance has changed so drastically. But that is for another time. Right now I believe this old man and girl was sent by Seyella to aid us. I have asked Roosjie, whom the girl, whose name is Mimi, to tell her what we are and that we need their assistance, but either Roosjie cannot hear my mind speech, or she has been terrified because of it. Anyway, could you please try and talk to the girl and try and convince her and her father or grandfather, to help us?" Capher asked.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:52 AM »

"Come to me, I won't hurt you."

Well, it looked like she had drawn someone's attention after all. The little girl was looking at her, a light of curiosity shining in her green eyes. Hmm. Not the most ideal situation, Roosje thought. She'd had some experience with human children before on some of her missions, and many of them - some exceptions notwithstanding - seemed to have trouble grasping the idea that she was actually a living being, capable of feeling pain. Being squeezed by grubby children's hands was not something she particularly enjoyed, and so she was planning to stay on top of Inuya where it was safe - until, of course, that voice came again from out of nowhere, asking her to tell the girl who they were.

Roosje was getting suspicious of this voice. It was all well and good telling them that it belonged to Capher, but did it really? She had accepted it as such before, but then there had been happening so many things all at once that she'd just kind of automatically reacted. Nevertheless, the dragon-form that she had earlier connected with Capher did seem to be looking at her as Terra rushed past towards the old man - she would say expectantly, but she was not quite familiar enough with lizardy faces to be quite sure of the emotion to be read under the cowl. That would seem to corroborate the words in her head. What made up her mind, though, was Terra returning and sitting down next to the draconic figure, and actually rubbing his back. She can't hear what and if she is talking to the dragon, but if she can be so friendly with it, its words that it is Capher must be true.

So, despite her reluctance to be anywhere near grubby hands, she got off Inuya, climbed up the proffered arm and managed to get up to the girl's shoulder, where she pushed some red curls to the side so that she could talk directly into the child's ear - which was all quite a lot easier than having to shout just to be heard. She was not quite sure how much she could say, but she decided to go for a shortened version that would undoubtedly tickle the girl's fancy.

"Ok, so! The group of us that you see here, we're a band of adventurers trying to do something really important, something that will save the whole of Caelereth! And our... robed friend... there on the log, he's actually our leader, and he has all kinds of talents, but there's a bad guy trying to take his talents away from him. We need to get to Ximax to make him strong enough to fight the bad guy, but we would need your help with that. Do you think you could convince your grandfather" - she was taking a chance with that one, she had no idea what the relationship between the two was but it seemed to her that the guy was too old to be her father - "could help us?"

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »

Mimi is terribly fascinated, when the little doll - no it is no doll, but very much alive - is climbing up her sleeve - after hesitating only so slightly before taking up the task to conquer such a steep ‚hill‘. She makes herself comfortable on her shoulder and speaks directly in her ear, removing some of her hair, which tickles Mimi slightly. Mimi tries to look at her until her eyes nearly vanish in their sockets and start to hurt. The little magic person on her shoulder tries to tell her about what the group wants, but Mimi is still too carried away from the experience to have a white living doll sitting on her shoulder, that she doesn‘t take much notice of it. Only when Hiero is called her grandfather, she starts to laugh and answers her new acquaintance.

„Oh no, Hiero is not my grandfather, he is my mentor, he is a cleric of Grothar and I‘m his apprentice! You know, I think Grothar granted me a wish and put that fire out your mage initiated.“

The mentioning of the „mage“ brings Mimi‘s attention back to the hooded cloak, and suddenly her childlike joy of seeing and getting to know this small, white person is pushed back, she realises, that the situation is not as harmless as she has thought. Her cautious intelligence of an eleven year old child is back.  As she doesn‘t dare to touch, or even take the little one in her hands, she just asks her to get from her shoulder.

„ Please, little one, climb down, I need to catch up with Hiero. I don‘t think, that he wants to help you; we are on our way to Caelum, he has there important business. And your story is not very convincing - your lizard person has burned down that forest, at least Hiero thinks so, why should he help you? But ask him yourself, if you dare. He is really very angry. You see, he loves the trees and the forest - and hates magic which is .. misused, especially if it is done by Ximaxian mages.“

Waiting for her guest to climb down, Mimi looks now around with more attention for the other persons  - and animals. And sees two very strange ones she has never seen before.

„What is that?“ she asks, pointing to the ai‘nuvics. Again her intent to follow Hiero is weakened.
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

Hiero realises, that Mimi has not followed him. Angrily he turns back and sees her still sitting in front of that strange mage. Uneasiness creeps over him and he shouts for the little rascal.

"Mimi, Mimi, come at once! Now!"

I should have not taken over the task to look over that young person, I‘m to old to watch over children, be they gifted or not. But then, whom else do I know who would have done a good job? Not many. This child needs its freedom - as I do.
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2009, 06:39:09 PM »

Mimi is disappointed, that nobody answers her question. Not her little new, cute acquaintance, nor that strange mage-lizard Hiero is so angry with. And now Hiero is shouting angrily at her. That means he will be grumpy for the next hours.

Carefully she places her little living doll on the ground, telling her:

„I‘m sorry, I would have loved to play with you! It would have been fun for both of us! But if you don‘t want, I can‘t help.“

Getting up from her position on the ground, she yells back at Hiero: "I‘m coming soon, don‘t worry!"

A last critical look at that lizard-mage : [color=greyStrange, that I don‘t fear him, shouldn‘t I?[/color] And she turns around to have a last look at these strange animals. A woman is sitting on the ground next to one of them. Slowly she advances her, maybe she will give her an answer. Hopefully - for she doesn‘t want to loose a lifetime‘s chance to get to know something about them! Hiero has to wait. After all, he is only his mentor and not his father.

Turning now her attention towards the woman with that animal, she asks - from a safe distance of course:

"Hey, you, what‘s that for a beast you have here?"

The woman, who has watched so far the whole scene with more or less interest, suddenly smiles at Mimi:

"That's an aj‘nuvic, she is called Swing. She is my.. well, she is very close to me, and we are coming from the very south of Sarvonia, from the desert Ráhaz-Dáth. But you better hurry now, your companion is calling you. But wait, could you tell me, is there a place to stay over night somewhere near?"

Mimi is surprised about what the woman has told her. She would love to stay a little longer, but suddenly that ai‘nuvic makes strange noises and looks somehow straight at her - not like a beast, but like a human, and that frightens Mimi more than the lizard mage. So she answers quickly:

"Oh, there is an inn the way up to Ximax, just half an hour away, or so. Not very nice, Hiero says, but well... "

And suddenly she feels unwell, and is glad that Hiero is waiting over there.

„By!“ She waves to that woman, turns , including all the others as well, and then runs over to where her mentor is waiting impatiently.

Strange folk, definitely. Maybe it is better they are away now.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »

Tired to the bones, Talia gets up.

You have heard yourself, what the girl has said, so let‘s move and get to that inn.

It doesn‘t need much persuasion, all are trying their best to get their stuff together to move on. Ta‘las helps Terra, and so all are finally on the way to that tavern, where they will stay for the night.

The next day sees them refreshed, but not in a very good mood. Capher‘s condition is worsening and so they try to get to Ximax on the very same day. They look for an accommodation and find a decent inn just inside the walls of the town. When all have settled down, Talia insists, that Capher will see the people in the academy now. Finally he agrees, and Ta‘las and she are going with their weak and changed friend to the gates of the academy.

The gatekeeper is not happy to see the late visitors, but when Talia resolutely pulls Capher's hood away, exposing his dragon head, they get entrance granted immediately.

Talia does not know, who it is who greets them finally. He has not introduced himself to them. Should it be the archmage himself? His clothes are very finely done, expensive looking, though not adorned as much as one could expect. He simply asks, what they want, and as Capher seems not to want to speak for himself, Talia says:

Our friend here needs help, as you can see. He is a shapeshifting dragon, the last of is kind, and we think, that only you can help him, as you are closest in magical power as one can get to him. And we have a prophesy from the elves. I‘m sure now, that this stanza is Capher‘s :

Wisdom will fail
and strong wings will weaken
the wolf will die
is not old magic
renewed in the eternal spring.

Maybe you know, what the eternal spring could be?

"I might," is his answer.

He bows to Capher.

"Welcome, master, please be our guest. Please follow me, we will do for you what is in our ability. I hope the orb...  "

The mage leaves with Capher  without even saying good-bye to Ta‘las and Ta‘lia, leaving them alone. But they have not the time to talk about what has happened so surprisingly quick, as another, obviously lower level mage enteres the room and leads them out to the gate.

When will we see our friend again.. is what she wants to ask, but the door is already closed.

"Oh Ta‘las, what have we done? Was that alright? What will happen to Capher? All went so qickly, I‘m so afraid."

Tired to the bone and emotionally exhausted she hugs Ta‘las, looking for some comfort.
The bed in the inn is comfortable, the blanket soft, but Ta‘lia worries so much about Capher, that she doesn‘t come to a rest. She cries into her pillow, not wanting the others who share her room to notice it. Finally she falls to sleep, but in her dreams she tries to question that mage...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:59:19 PM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:00 AM »

Capher understood human speech he just could not speak it anymore. The little girl tells Talia of a tavern up the road where they could get some rest and then she and her father, at least that is what Capher thought the old man was, left, going on their way. The rest of the party gathered their things and packed the Aj's and horses and since none of the animals would come near him, especially his horse, he walked behind tham.

The time it took to get to the tavern did not seem very long at all. They all got rooms and some sleep, except Capher who could not because his thoughts kept him awake.

The following day found them riding fast to Ximax and they enter into the outer city of Ximax. Capher had felt its magical energies briefly at the tavern but inside the outer city the ebb and flow of magic was almost palatable to him.  They found a nice comfortable inn, settled in and then Talia insisted that they take Capher to the academy, even though it was a bit late by now.  After much persuasion from Talia, Capher finally agrees and they go to the academy where they are met by a gatekeeper.

The gatekeeper is not happy to see them, but when Talia pulls off Capher's cloak off of his head the gatekeeper immediately grants them entrance.  Soon they are met by someone, no introduction on his part just the question of what they wanted.

Talia quickly explains; "Our friend here needs help, as you can see. He is a shapeshifting dragon, the last of is kind, and we think, that only you can help him, as you are closest in magical power as one can get to him. And we have a prophesy from the elves. I‘m sure now, that this stanza is Capher‘s :"

"Wisdom will fail
and strong wings will weaken
the wolf will die
is not old magic
renewed in the eternal spring.

Maybe you know, what the eternal spring could be?"
She asks.

"I might," he answers her and then welcomes Capher and leads him away without so much as saying good-bye to Capher's friends and the door is closed to them.

Capher turned his head as the door closed and if he could have a tear would have fallen down his scaled cheek.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:38:40 PM by Capher » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2009, 11:28:05 AM »

It almost feels like he is walking in a dream, as they finish the trek to the city of Ximax.  Even their meeting with the wizard of the academy does not register with Ta'las.  He does not even have the presence of mind to wave to Capher, as his friend leaves with a stranger in this strange place.  At the inn, he is finally woken from his stupor when Talia hugs him and voices her concerns for Capher.  Uncertain what to think or say, he simply hugs her back.  Looking over her shoulder, Ta'las sees the compassion and concern in Terra's eyes; they are both worried for their friend.  He isn't surprised when Talia lays down in her bed and immediately falls asleep.  Ta'las pulls the blankets over her to cover her, and then turns to Terra.

Though he is tired, Ta'las does not want to sleep.  The group has been through much on the road since leaving the Vale, and the Shendar still is disturbed at having been possessed by the dark mage - first at the small tavern, and then again at the ferry landing.  Though the sorcerer had been the source of his murderous intentions and hostility, the after-effect of the possession is that Ta’las 'feels' like they had been his own.  Ta’las draws strength from her presence – he knows those feelings are also false.  A remnant of a spell designed as a last, embittered attempt by their enemy to divert them from their quest.  The Shendar embraces Terra and sighs – it feels good to hold her again.  

Strong is your will, your friendship true,
but evil is sly, deceives the best
be watchful to not to fall
for cheap diversion.

"I haven't felt like myself since leaving the Vale, Lady Terra, but I think I am better."  He says quietly, as he rubs the small of her back.  “From what I can tell, our enemy used only a small fraction of his true power.  The Elven elder, Aikirana, was right – we will need more than what we have to beat him.”

Ta’las strokes Terra’s cheek and then kisses her.  “I’m not sure, but I think all along Eckra has been trying to keep us from looking for something.  This sorcerer’s spell that overtook me earlier could be the ‘cheap diversion’ that caused me to lose sight of our goal.”  His voice drops a little.  “We nearly didn’t get here alive because of it.”

“Tomorrow morning, we start looking for someone who knows about the armoury of Tris.”
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:26:51 PM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2009, 12:35:07 AM »

Terra allows herself to be easily drawn into Ta'las' embrace, it feels to her safe, peaceful, as if in those moments the battles just stop. His hand on her back made her body go slack into his arms, she gives herself over to the embrace, the worries of their journey melting away as her head sinks to his shoulder. Her mind seems to go blank of all but him as she listens in attentive blissfulness.

"I am sure we will find what we need Ta'las, my love."

Her words are soft with bliss, she wishes the moment would never end as he brushes her cheek, and then blushes as she bashfully returns his kiss. She finds it strange how she has not become accustomed to the intimacy they now share and yet longs deeply for it when it's not present. The feeling though is quickly dismissed as she gives herself over to the moments she longs for, the warrior in her telling her always their may not be another in life.

"Battles, Wars are filled with such diversions my love. They are often fallen for, but it is in how we react to the realisation of them that will determine if the battles we fight are won or lost. Do we use our heads and do something our enemies themselves will not expect, or do we continue our blind charge hoping things will turn in our favour."

Despite the boarder of bliss, Terra speaks as a warrior, the things she has learned, and the things that are in her blood, and yet her body remains slack and relaxed against Ta'las as if it were only natural they would speak of battles and war.

"Do you think this armoury of Tris will have something that will aid us?"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:14:24 AM by Terra Artemos » Logged
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »

Roosje does not sleep. Inuya is dreaming, she can feel the involuntary muscle movements beneath her where she is  lying against the warm body of her mount. She does not know what is keeping her awake, she is tired enough from the ride here.

She is annoyed. Quite likely, that is the reason she cannot sleep. These people came to the Vale looking for help, and she was sent with them with exactly that purpose in mind. And then? Then they went on to practically ignore her. She feels like she is tagging along because that was what she had promised, but what is it bringing her except for life-threatening situations? The need to have Inuya run all the time to keep up with those impossibly long-legged things, and to shout all the time if she wants to be heard, because they can't hear her conversational tones unless she's sitting on their shoulder, next to their ear.

The problem is, of course, her size. She knows that it is easy to overlook something as small as she is, so she does not really blame them for it. That's always the problem with these great lumbering giants, anything that they don't immediately see is quickly forgotten.

With her blanket wrapped around her, Roosje gets up and walks around the dark common room. She had opted to stay out here, rather than be locked into a room that she couldn't open the door to. The fire was banked when the innkeeper went to bed, but it is still emitting some warmth. The white brownie goes to sit next to it, staring thoughtfully into the glowing embers. She wonders what the day will bring. She will stay, of course. She promised, and she is not one to break a promise. But she does wonder if there is no way to get the others to pay more attention to her.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »

"If what Leofin told us is true, then that is where we need to look for the Sword of Fury.  It, along with the Anvil and the Heart of Thalambath will all be needed for us to defeat Eckra.  The Elves seemed to think it would be difficult to find someone who could tell us how to find the lost armoury, but surely there must be someone in a city of scholars who can help."  The Shendar is so caught up in his thoughts as he speaks them aloud, that he does not immediately recognise how close Terra is, and the warmness in her voice.

Ta'las continues.  "Which brings us to another problem - how do we get back the stone? We left it behind with the dwarves in the Halls of the Tenthrum.  I wonder if..."  An odd thought strikes Ta'las, giving him the feeling that Capher had purposely left the Heart of Thalambath with the dwarves, but he shrugs it off.  Terra's hair smells nice, and the dim candlelight highlights the colour of her eyes.  "There's a lot left to do, Terra - we must ready ourselves."  For some reason, he thinks of Terra in her white dress, and he begins to lose his train of thought.  "Starting tomorrow, I will visit the library at the Academy.  And we...should..." 

Ta'las forgets what he was about to say and kisses Terra full on the lips.  He feels a mad rush of emotion.  "Let's find another place we can continue in private."

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »

Terra gives herself over to returning the kiss, her heart seeming to flutter and soar, in that moment there is nothing but him, and yet her cheeks take on a bashful glow.

"I would like that my love."

She breaths her reply softly, staying close even as Ta'las raises and tucking herself against them as his arm wraps around her. They encounter the innkeeper who had come to check on the last of his awake guests before retiring for the night himself, he nods and smiles with a twinkle of recognition in his eye at Ta'las' request for a private room for the two of them. Leading then down the hall the innkeeper remarked how they remind him of when he had falling in love with his wife, finally stopping before a door, unlocking it and handing the key to Ta'las. Terra is two busy swooning in Ta'las' arms to really acknowledge and exchanges as the innkeeper turns to retire and leave them to slip into the privacy of their room.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »

Ta'las too, takes little heed of the innkeeper as he carries Terra into their room, and kicks the door shut behind him.  Desire overwhelms the Shendar as he kisses her, tasting the sweetness of her lips, and he breathes in the smell of her hair.  He has waited for what seems like an impossibly long time to spend this night with Terra, and Ta'las savours every moment - which takes the two far into the night.  He is both a fiercely passionate and considerate lover, losing himself in her embrace.  At the close of their night together, Ta'las lies next to Terra, holding her and watching the fluttering candlelight play off the features of her face.  He strokes her cheek and smiles softly, as he falls asleep in her arms.  The night passes the lovers by, and soon, the first rays of light angle through the window.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]